Can we break our PTR curse?...update 2/27 Wed and thurs plans and more count down

Glad to hear things are going well with work!! I hope your DHs diet issues settle down soon - I'm sure that's really hard for all of you!!

I hope Jack's behavioral issues settle down too - I'm sure he'll get into the new routine soon!

Happy to hear you have a special meal planned for you & your DHS!! You definitely deserve it!! :goodvibes

Still here.

Your a busy woman, so I'll be patient about the updates. :goodvibes

That's :cool1: about all the programs you are working on. You obviously found your calling.:love:

Sorry about the hubby, glad he is ok. And you are right, you deserve a nice romantic meal!

Thanks I'm really having a great time at work.

Well it'll be a meal together, I don't know how romantic it will be, lol. Details coming up next.

Hey Jess, We're still here! It HAS been a wild ride for you this year; glad you came to join back up with us, so we can support you as best as we can. If you need anything let us know!!!

Great to catch up with you,

Liesa

Liesa, glad you are settling in, I popped over your TR, but man it's gonna take me awhile to catch up on 100+ pgs

Absolutely! ::yes::

Kathy

thanks

Glad to hear things are going well with work!! I hope your DHs diet issues settle down soon - I'm sure that's really hard for all of you!!

I hope Jack's behavioral issues settle down too - I'm sure he'll get into the new routine soon!

Happy to hear you have a special meal planned for you & your DHS!! You definitely deserve it!! :goodvibes

Thanks Amy, I'm hoping he gets a handle on the diet quickly. We go back to the allergist the 23rd.

So Wednesday March 16th was going to be the non park day, more for the kids, mostly Jack. But it has now become a fun filled day with plans all over the place. But still no parks will be visited by any children.

My sister is not such a morning person, but she'll have to learn to be on this trip and especially on this day. We have a girls only breakfast planned at Kona Cafe for some yummy coffee and probably some plate sharing so we can all taste the famous tonga toast and macadamia nut pancakes. I'm also curious about the juice, I'm sure we will each try that as well.
imagesqtbnANd9GcS0REt9M85nqxD2CUIwzNEYZR0CBYsFXNgpkHFvi79xIyorMuF_.jpg
imagesqtbnANd9GcTn-U13h6BXdszTKLQgDxd6H8IMWy1mfdM4vFIAuVK1BbiKylmjgQ.jpg

After our delicious breakfast, I'll be driving my sister and Mom over to Universal for them to have an adventure. Mom is most excited about Harry Potter area, and they both will really enjoy the thrill rides. Don't know if I mentioned that my sisters husband doesn't ride roller coasters or really any wild rides. He is most definitely not a thrill seeker, and my Dad can't handle a lot of noise and jerky rides, so Mom and Sis are sure to have a GREAT day without worrying about anyone not wanting to ride something.
imagesqtbnANd9GcR26kfLLKkAjFj8wF-7cxOmYkqlFoR0b-OW-MOnfuD_3geWslv1zQ.jpg
imagesqtbnANd9GcQS5cy4NW6KrfJ_j5xNrDEvgWBdWTVvOzCGFBJKXK5wC7lp9FLW.jpg

After dropping the thrill seekers off I'll head back to check on the boys and see if they need anything before I head off to my special DISmeet with a DISer I've been chatting with for about 2 years and can't wait to meet. Melissa aka jmskinner. We haven't made any plans yet, but I'm sure we will have a great time no matter which park we decide on.

The men with the children will be back at the house swimming, watching t.v., and playing games all day. It should be a relaxing yet crazy day, as is the case everyday with two little boys, and we are adding a little princess to the mix.

When I head back to the house it'll be a quick shower and change of clothes to head out for a surprise dinner alone with my DH. I'm sure I'll tell him as we get closer to the actual trip, but I'm not telling him just yet. I have two dining reservations booked for the same time:

Teppan Edo
imagesqtbnANd9GcSRfJxXbF48TI1Z9H6j4bvQrqLENmfOMeNujutD8R5xkD3Ll6Ag.jpg

and Whispering Canyon Cafe
imagesqtbnANd9GcR14WaePEvgZzSEb2tHAAHDAcLMAhKkVywXqVdE8JQroHyEP2ZKFw.jpg

I think he'd like the second choice more, but I've got to do a little research on the dietary issues. I had booked I think California Grill but neither of us would really eat anything on that menu. I LOVE that Disney now has menus with prices on their website. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Now I don't have to go back and forth between so many websites. After our dinner I thought we'd take a night time stroll wherever we dined or downtown disney.
imagesqtbnANd9GcRCWpZ1fdGm9SV62cPIgD00pEovJ7UGB6D_35YVwDWJcOZNnc4v3w.jpg

Then we'll stop to pick up the thrill seekers and get to bed for another early morning in MK. ;)

Your new plans look great!! :thumbsup2 I love that you get some "you time" and the kiddos get their break all in the same day!

We love the food at Teppan Edo and not so much at Whispering Canyon Cafe. I found WCC to be very greasy. Disney is great about food accomodations at every restaurant, but I wondered about Teppan Edo until I saw it for myself. On my recent weekend trip there was a person with food allergies at the table next to us. The chef cooked that person's meal first then went on to cook the rest of the meals. My vote is for Teppan Edo! :thumbsup2 I've eaten there three times so just let me know if you have any questions.

Hi Jessica! My yes, you two definately deserve a nice dinner for some alone time. Sounds heavenly! You are one busy Mom right now!

I loved Teppan Edo too, such a fun and different experience. The food was very delish as well.

Great plans with everyone doing their own fun things. It'll be nice to come back to one another and share how your day went too. :goodvibes

Great to hear from you again! I hope you will be able to have a wonderful adult dinner!

On the dietary restrictions: Do you know that you can get in touch with Disney on this and they will make sure to provide food that is safe to eat? The DISabilities board has lots of info on that. We had a note of my sister's food intolerances on all our ADRs and all places took care of her needs, some really in a wonderful way! The chef we spoke to at WCC was wonderful, as well as Jiko, where she even got a special lactose free menu! :goodvibes

Looking forward to getting to meet you.:banana: Whatever you want to do that day, you know me, I'm up for anything.

You know I love WCC!!! But both sound good.

Your new plans look great!! :thumbsup2 I love that you get some "you time" and the kiddos get their break all in the same day!

We love the food at Teppan Edo and not so much at Whispering Canyon Cafe. I found WCC to be very greasy. Disney is great about food accommodations at every restaurant, but I wondered about Teppan Edo until I saw it for myself. On my recent weekend trip there was a person with food allergies at the table next to us. The chef cooked that person's meal first then went on to cook the rest of the meals. My vote is for Teppan Edo! :thumbsup2 I've eaten there three times so just let me know if you have any questions.

Greasy food is right up DH's aisle, however doesn't sit too well in my stomach, so we'll see what happens. I think Teppan Edo would be more couple-ish (as in the atmosphere, I hear WCC is loud) than WCC too. I might pick your brain in January ;)

Hi Jessica! My yes, you two definately deserve a nice dinner for some alone time. Sounds heavenly! You are one busy Mom right now!

I loved Teppan Edo too, such a fun and different experience. The food was very delish as well.

Great plans with everyone doing their own fun things. It'll be nice to come back to one another and share how your day went too. :goodvibes

Yes, I'll need to make sure everyone has a camera, and that they actually use it:rolleyes1

Great to hear from you again! I hope you will be able to have a wonderful adult dinner!

On the dietary restrictions: Do you know that you can get in touch with Disney on this and they will make sure to provide food that is safe to eat? The DISabilities board has lots of info on that. We had a note of my sister's food intolerances on all our ADRs and all places took care of her needs, some really in a wonderful way! The chef we spoke to at WCC was wonderful, as well as Jiko, where she even got a special lactose free menu! :goodvibes

Thanks, I do have the contact info for the dietary stuff, and I love that now when you make a reservation online, you can click on allergy issues. I did that on my recent adr's, have to go back and make sure they all have allergy boxes clicked.

Looking forward to getting to meet you.:banana: Whatever you want to do that day, you know me, I'm up for anything.

You know I love WCC!!! But both sound good.

I might lean toward Epcot, since I don't think we'll be visiting there this trip, at least not with the kids. But as long as you don't mind, I think you and I should decide the week or even the day before, I know that goes against all DIS planning :rotfl: but it would be fun to just fly by the seat of our pants

I need to get to work on finishing our countdown mickey head. Yes I am partially recycling the one we were using last time, I put so much work into it, I just need to change some of the mickey heads and the date of course. Pictures to follow in 11 days on the night of the BIG reveal/party (theme yet to be decided). I'm very glad that I actually get 4 days off for Thanksgiving, I normally have split days off (Sunday/Tuesday), so I'll be able to really get caught up on DISing, planning, and creating for my two upcoming trips. I have a list a mile long it seems:confused3

So you read it here first in 11 days I'll have a nice update, complete with pictures and a fun countdown party/reveal

...So you read it here first in 11 days I'll have a nice update, complete with pictures and a fun countdown party/reveal

Yay! :woohoo:

Glad Mom & Sis will get a chance to head out on their own for the day. If it's one thing I've learned about touring with extended family it's "Divide and Conquer!"

Kathy

Ok so here it is our Itinerary 1.0, I've titled it this because in the past it always changes

March 11 (Friday)
*We'll begin our day working or in school
*Departure day, we hopefully be on the road by 4pm
*The plan will be to drive for about 5 hrs and stay in a hotel (I need to figure out about how far that will take us)

March 12 (Saturday)
*Arrival day probably dinner time
*We'll unload all our bags into the house
*Take a trip to Walmart/Whole Foods
*If we are rested then we'll go get a sneak preview of the week to come by walking around DTD

March 13 (Sunday)
*AK day, trying for a park opening ceremony
*There is no break planned for this day, we'll just take it slow
*lunch at Flame Tree BBQ
*Dinner at Chef Mickeys (the whole family-Grandpa, Grandma, Aunt Bea, BIL,SIS, niece, DH, Jack, Joey, and me)

March 14 (Monday-my birthday)
*We have an early breakfast at Crystal Palace
*Walking down and taking pictures on a nearly empty mainstreet
*MK day
*We will go home for a nap and swimming in the pool
*Lunch before the nap
*Early dinner before returning to the park for night time fun

March 15 (Tuesday)
*DHS day
*breakfast and lunch at home
*dinner at a QS location probably while waiting in line for Fantasmic

March 16 (Wednesday)
*Grandma, Sis, me- Kona breakfast
*Grandma, Sis- Universal Studios
*me- DISmeet with Melissa
*Aunt Bea, Grandpa, DH, BIL, Jack, Joey, Niece-relaxing day at home-swimming
*DH and me- dinner at ???(yet to be decided), either walking around hotel/DTD or Epcot/Illuminations

March 17 (Thursday)
*DH, Jack, Joey, me- MK opening ceremony
*Grandma, Sister, niece, ??? - CRT breakfast
*MK day for everyone
*lunch at home followed by nap and swimming
*possibly QS in the park
*fireworks night

March 18 (Friday)
*This is everyone's free day, so it's a mystery to even me

March 19 (Saturday)
*Time to head home :confused:
*But first maybe one more trip to DTD
*We'll try and travel a good amount this day so we don't have to drive so much Sunday (so we can relax before heading back to work/school Monday)

105 days until our trip, in 5 days we will reveal our countdown poster and have our first party
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Your plans look great! :thumbsup2 I can't wait to see your countdown poster... I haven't put anything together for the boys yet - not sure what I'm even going to do. I'm planning to start counting down sometime after Christmas, which will be closer to 60 days for us. The boys get too wound up about it if we start too early. I might even wait until just before I leave for the Spectrum Mom's trip to reveal the countdown & have it start at 30 days. :confused3

So we are now 98 days away from departure, but 99 days away from our first day in the parks.
The other night we had our first countdown party. It wasn't the spectacular event I had dreamed up, but the boys had fun- and that is all that matters.

We came home and I had to think quick because it was only an hour before dinner, I managed to throw together some Mickey head shaped hamburgers and throw them in the oven so I could do other things before we sat down to dinner.
149338_1457926020686_1609454570_1022637_4791651_n.jpg

Jack surprised me by setting the table for us (which he has NEVER done before), but I told him I had a special dinner planned. The timer rang and the boys got excited for their surprise- Mickey shaped hamburgers, Jack LOVED them.
155616_1457925260667_1609454570_1022632_5946450_n.jpg
162694_1457926140689_1609454570_1022638_6717722_n.jpg

The next surprise when they ate their food was a special stamp set, they had to close their eyes and then I said open. It was a big hit, I'm thinking someone needs to go back to the dollar store and get more for stocking stuffers and for our trip in March.
154785_1457926940709_1609454570_1022643_2953385_n.jpg
150330_1457926460697_1609454570_1022640_6683939_n.jpg

149316_1457926580700_1609454570_1022641_2416700_n.jpg
154737_1457927580725_1609454570_1022647_2888729_n.jpg

After the boys continued stamping I told them we were going to watch a movie together:
149348_1457924940659_1609454570_1022631_7214641_n.jpg

Jack said this was the BEST family night ever.

Then I told them "We have 100 days before you get to see Mickey's Castle." (because that is what the castle is to them, it's Mickey's, not princess's, sorry girls, :lmao:) Jack jumped up out of the chair into my arms with excitement.

So while it wasn't the evening I had imagined, it was perfect.

p.s. my countdown poster is incomplete, so it will be used when we get to 50 days

Well, Jess, from what I can see you don't seem to have disappointed the boys... looks like they loved their hundred-day-party!

Oooh... it's time for Double Digit Dancing!!!
:banana: :dance3: :woohoo: :yay: :cool1: :cheer2: :dogdance: :jumping1:

Kathy

Cute stampers! Do you have plans yet on how you are going to keep the boys entertained on the ride to and from Disney? I've got a bunch on little things stashed away to get to them on the road, I just can't decide if I want to wrap them or not....guess I'll see how they do with wrapped presents at Christmas.

Oh, and I wanted to give you a heads up about DTD on a Friday or Saturday nights in the evening....it can be really hard to find a parking spot near the Marketplace, you might have to park near the Westside.

Well, Jess, from what I can see you don't seem to have disappointed the boys... looks like they loved their hundred-day-party!

Oooh... it's time for Double Digit Dancing!!!
:banana: :dance3: :woohoo: :yay: :cool1: :cheer2: :dogdance: :jumping1:

Kathy

Yes I was very glad they were both in good moods that night, and they had a really GREAT time. Thanks

Cute stampers! Do you have plans yet on how you are going to keep the boys entertained on the ride to and from Disney? I've got a bunch on little things stashed away to get to them on the road, I just can't decide if I want to wrap them or not....guess I'll see how they do with wrapped presents at Christmas.

Oh, and I wanted to give you a heads up about DTD on a Friday or Saturday nights in the evening....it can be really hard to find a parking spot near the Marketplace, you might have to park near the Westside.

Thanks, nope, still no actual plans on entertaining them. I think my Mom is getting a portable DVD player for Christmas, cause she had dropped a clue. And we did end up ordering Jack his trampoline for Christmas, so that will get taken out at rest stops for a sensory break along the way. Where did you get little things? just everywhere? I've been trying to keep an eye out at the dollar store and the dollar area in Target, but haven't found any great buys like I did last year.

Thanks for the heads up on DTD. I was going to sell my double jogger, but I think I will hang on to it until after the trip. They both are going to need it, even though Jack is so big now.

Hi Jessica!

What a lovely dinner you did for the boys! You're getting so close now, the time will just fly by!

Plans are looking good so far!

Di x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter