Can Annual Passholder's purchase DDP?

shovan

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if an annual passholder can purchase the DDP seperately or with Room reservation's?

My SIL purchased the AP when they came with us in January to our DVC. We had the DDE & used that for discounts on all our meals on that trip. They are now planning a trip with friends & the friends want to do the DDP. She thought it would be easier if they were all using the same plan.

No, AP holders are not eligible for DDP just because of the AP. If she's staying at a DVC resort on points, however, she will be eligible without buying park tickets. It makes no difference whether she's on your points or her own if she's an owner.

Otherwise, they will have to get the full package which includes their room at a certain price, at least one base theme park ticket for each person in the party, and DDP.

The DDP has to be purchased as a package unless you are staying at a DVC resort. In that case, you don't have to buy tickets and can purchase the plan separately...it is paid directly to Disney at check-in.

Thanks! They were not planning on staying at a DVC resort, they were planning on Fort Wilderness Cabins. So would only be paying for the Cabin stay. So, does that mean it is not available to them at all? You can't purchase it seperately at all then?

Thanks! They were not planning on staying at a DVC resort, they were planning on Fort Wilderness Cabins. So would only be paying for the Cabin stay. So, does that mean it is not available to them at all? You can't purchase it seperately at all then?
Correct. DDP is primarily a program to encourage folks to stay onsite. It's really more of a hotel promotion than a promotion of Disney dining. So you have to buy the full package; it's not a menu of options to choose from.

Thanks everyone!:thumbsup2 She'll be disappointed, but that's just how the Mickey Bar Melts!

However, what they could do, is convert their cabin stay to a package. They could ALL get 1-day tickets for everyone and add the DDP.

After check-in, if the two other folks need more days on their tickets, they can then upgrade their tickets to whatever amount they need.

Your SIL would just hang on to her 1-day ticket and not use it. (It is also a good idea to go to Resort Concierge and ask to have the 1-day ticket removed from the room key. That removes her name from the ticket, and it can be put away so there is no chance that it is accidently scanned during the trip).

Then when she returns to WDW on a future trip, she can use that 1-day ticket to defray the cost of any future ticket she purchases.

However, what they could do, is convert their cabin stay to a package. They could ALL get 1-day tickets for everyone and add the DDP.

After check-in, if the two other folks need more days on their tickets, they can then upgrade their tickets to whatever amount they need.

Your SIL would just hang on to her 1-day ticket and not use it. (It is also a good idea to go to Resort Concierge and ask to have the 1-day ticket removed from the room key. That removes her name from the ticket, and it can be put away so there is no chance that it is accidently scanned during the trip).

Then when she returns to WDW on a future trip, she can use that 1-day ticket to defray the cost of any future ticket she purchases.

Thanks so much for this info! Can they purchase a package with a one day ticket, but get the DDP for everyday of the stay? I think they are doing a 6 night stay.

Everyone above that is saying you "cant" is incorrect. A one day ticket purchase is enough to allow you to participate in the plan your entire stay.

The one day ticket can then be used to defray the cost of the next annual pass.

Thanks so much for this info! Can they purchase a package with a one day ticket, but get the DDP for everyday of the stay? I think they are doing a 6 night stay.

This is exactly what hubby & I are doing this August during Free dining - we already have our AP's from last fall, so we were able to book 10 nights at POP, w/10 nights of Dining & just one day park tickets that we'll just hang onto for our next trip. :thumbsup2

I do the same thing except I don't have AP's I use the FL ressie tickets. So I buy the DDP with the one day base ticket and then use the one day ticket to upgrade to the 3 day FL ressie ticket. Works out great!!

You are required to get the dining plan for every day of your stay. The ticket can be at any level you wish, but everyone needs to purchase the same ticket. So that's why the 1-day. Then upon arrival each individual can upgrade to whatever they need, or save the 1-day for a future trip.

Thanks everyone for this information! :thumbsup2 That is what they are going to try to do then, book the room ressie with a one day ticket & the DDP!! Cool! Now, she'll at least know what to ask for. I'm not sure CM's would have clued her in on doing it this way! Thanks again! No better or quicker place for WDW answers than on the DIS!!!!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter