Calling all Princesses! (2014 Princess Half Marathon Weekend)- thread #2

So I'm hoping to run my first half marathon in Disney at the 2015 PHM. I loved reading all of your comments and thougths on the 2014 PHM. I do have a few questions that I'm hoping someone who participated could shed some light on for me please :)!!!

1 - The Pasta in the Park & Breakfast deal . . . did anyone do this and was it worth it in your opinion?

2 - ChEAR Squads - Did you have anyone who participated in the various levels and what were your/their thoughts? I think my mom will be joining me and will have my kiddos (8 & 5).

3 - Race Retreat - - Thoughts & opinions? Is it worth it?

If this is not the right place to post these questions, would you mind pointing me in the right direction??

Thanks so much!!

I have only done race retreat and LOVED IT! Place to sit before the race and eat and hydrate a little more before the race....yes still porta potties but much, much shorter lines! and a place to rest after with an after race meal was icing on the cake. Getting to rest after the race before taking monorail back to contemporoary was heaven!

They generally give out bananas and snack boxes along with water and sports drinks after the finish

Thanks! We use to live in Spring Branch right outside of SA off of HWY 46. We miss it. I loved the hill country. We would run at Eisenhower Park.

Have reservations during princess half marathon but the tickets are sold out..does anyone know anywhere you can post where people might want to sell their tickets or a place where you can get them?

Have reservations during princess half marathon but the tickets are sold out..does anyone know anywhere you can post where people might want to sell their tickets or a place where you can get them?
What do you mean by tickets?

I am pretty sure the only way to register for the actual race is through charity or touring plans at this point. Only the 5k has bibs left through runDisney, but they're at 85%. Disney has put a bunch of limits in place to make it near impossible for people to sell their bibs unless the original owner is local/at Disney and can pick up the bib for you.

Several travel agents sell tickets, don't know if they're sold out already or not. I used Acclaim Travel last year and had an excellent experience getting tickets for the 10k. By the time I decided to go whole hog and do all three races, the only way to get into the Half was to go through the charities. I went through Children's Miracle Network and had to raise I think around $300. I just asked family to give me money for Christmas and birthday and to donate to a good cause if they wanted.

Charities all have different fundraising requirements so look at all of them. Good luck! I waited until around November last year and still got a spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter