Cake question

jasnal

Mouseketeer
does anyone know what cake and frosting makes up a traditional wedding cake. I was talking to a friend who recently got married (not a disney wedding) but her cake was delicious. I asked her what flavors it was and she said she ordered a traditional wedding cake?

almond and buttercream? I dont know exactly but I know I have heard it before. I hope someone can help you here!!

a traditional wedding cake here in the UK was always heavy fruit cake, like christmas cake and the top tier was often saved to re ice for the first babies christening. But now more and more brides are having sponge cakes as one or more of the tiers and tiers of little cupcakes are also popular.
I have made wedding cakes as a little sideline for years and it seems funny to me that when it comes to my own wedding I will have a Mickey and Minnie cake made by someone else! ( you can just imagine the sniffer dogs at the airport going mad if I tried to sneak in a cake - not to mention the mess in my case after the guys at the airport threw the case around LOL )

I think it is a regional thing but maybe jsut yellow/almond cake and buttercream? that's what i would assume anyway. Just for ideas here are my flavors:

Largest tier: Almond cake w/ amaretto mousee and fresh strawberries
Second tier: Chocolate cake w/ rasberry mousse and fresh rasberries
Anniversary: Almond cake w/ Bailey's mousse

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter