CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

Which brand of packs did you use/purchase? I always find that type of pack is difficult to find.
I order online from Community Coffee. Dark roast, under the single serve sectioin. I usually only order if they are doing a good sale/discount, like 25-30 percent off, which they often do at holidays, and order enough for free shipping.

Heading to CB resort in 23 weeks for our first time! What type of pods do the coffee makers use? Is Starbucks still open at 6:00 (this is on the website but I don't know if that has changed). How easy is it to get from CB to other resorts like Royal Pacific and Saphire Falls? I've heard that Orchids and Strong Water? Bay? Bar? something like that are both good dining options.
Starbucks opened at 6 in May. The line was fairly long because the Bayliner Diner doesn't open until 7. (maybe took 15 - 20 minutes?) I did not get there right at 6, maybe 6:30. I got my coffee and pastry and headed out for early entry.

If you are comfortable crossing the street at a traffic light without a crosswalk, Sapphire Falls is right across the street. Have to watch the lanes that have a left turn signal for traffic. Otherwise there is a pedestrian bridge at the end of the resort toward Hollywood Way. The walking paths show up in green on google maps, Royal Pacific is a bit farther but not a bad walk. People do like Strong Water Tavern, I have never been.

Does anyone know if the Hearing Accessible or ADA rooms are in specific areas, or just scattered here and there?

I didn't notice any replies to this one, and was actually wondering myself. Not because I need either, but because I'm about to book our first trip to Cabana Bay, for a Volcano view room, and there doesn't seem to be a "just a standard version" option - only Hearing Accessible / ADA / or both in one. Is this just how all the rooms at the resort are, either one, the other, or both? It seems this way for any category of room.

Only really care because we really want a room in the Bayside tower on an upper floor for a good view of the Volcano...and I don't want to hurt the chances of getting the request filled if they think we need some sort of accessible room.

Thanks!

I didn't notice any replies to this one, and was actually wondering myself. Not because I need either, but because I'm about to book our first trip to Cabana Bay, for a Volcano view room, and there doesn't seem to be a "just a standard version" option - only Hearing Accessible / ADA / or both in one. Is this just how all the rooms at the resort are, either one, the other, or both? It seems this way for any category of room.

Only really care because we really want a room in the Bayside tower on an upper floor for a good view of the Volcano...and I don't want to hurt the chances of getting the request filled if they think we need some sort of accessible room.

Thanks!
If you put in random dates in January, there is a regular Volcano Bay view room listed in addition to all the accessible ones. I think they may be the only ones available for your dates, if I look at my dates in August it is the same as what you are seeing.

So no, all the volcano view rooms are not accessible and sorry but I have no idea where those rooms are located in the building. (I would suspect the mobility ones would be on a low floor because in case of fire you aren't supposed to use the elevators.) Hearing ones have this -
"Accessibility features include visual alarm and doorbell, flashing light on phone, and outlet near phone for TTY. "

I know, not much help.

If you put in random dates in January, there is a regular Volcano Bay view room listed in addition to all the accessible ones. I think they may be the only ones available for your dates, if I look at my dates in August it is the same as what you are seeing.

So no, all the volcano view rooms are not accessible and sorry but I have no idea where those rooms are located in the building. (I would suspect the mobility ones would be on a low floor because in case of fire you aren't supposed to use the elevators.) Hearing ones have this -
"Accessibility features include visual alarm and doorbell, flashing light on phone, and outlet near phone for TTY. "

I know, not much help.

Thank you!! That actually is a tremendous help - I had not thought to check that with different dates (boy, am I out of practice with this stuff!).

We were able to play with the dates a bit and will be booking a different week - we were able to find the regular Volcano view room that way (and the rate was even a bit cheaper!).

Thanks very much for getting me off my duff and actually booking - that was actually just the answer we needed!

We stay at RPR for our next trip but I would like to spend some time at CB to explore the pool and resort. Do you know if I can book a pool cabana even if I do not stay at this resort? Thank you so much.

Best grocery store to Uber to from Cabana Bay on a Sunday morning/afternoon? Looking for basics plus beer. Though beer can be a basic too. 🍻

Best grocery store to Uber to from Cabana Bay on a Sunday morning/afternoon? Looking for basics plus beer. Though beer can be a basic too. 🍻
I don't know if it is the best, but when I have had a car I have shopped at the Publix in Dr Phillips. Google says it's 2.5 miles away.

I don't know if it is the best, but when I have had a car I have shopped at the Publix in Dr Phillips. Google says it's 2.5 miles away.
Thanks! I see there is a Trader Joe’s, plus like three Publix in like a 3 mile area. I just wasn’t sure if one had a better selection or was in a better location to get to over others. I might have to see if any are also near a liquor store too then. Unless they are in Publix like they are in some of our grocery stores where I live? Hm. Off to go research!

Thanks! I see there is a Trader Joe’s, plus like three Publix in like a 3 mile area. I just wasn’t sure if one had a better selection or was in a better location to get to over others. I might have to see if any are also near a liquor store too then. Unless they are in Publix like they are in some of our grocery stores where I live? Hm. Off to go research!

Yes, that Publix sells liquor/beer/wine and do have a nice selection, it`s a nice store too, very friendly.

Wal-Mart is also there on Turkey Lake Road, would take about the same amount of time to get to.

Yes, that Publix sells liquor/beer/wine and do have a nice selection, it`s a nice store too, very friendly.

Wal-Mart is also there on Turkey Lake Road, would take about the same amount of time to get to.
Sunday sales are ok? We have stores here in OH that can't sell on Sundays without a special license...

Sunday sales are ok? We have stores here in OH that can't sell on Sundays without a special license...

I "think" you can purchase alcohol from 11am on a Sunday in Orlando. I know one of our favourite stores in Orlando, ABC Wines & Spirits opens from 11am on a Sunday, so I`m guessing stores will be the same.

We have definitely purchased alcohol on a Sunday though.

Staying in one of the towers this trip (Beachside, bldg 8). I checked in at 10 AM and it was where a std room was available so that’s where I ended up. I’m not finding the walk to the lobby that bad. It’s a bit newer than the other bldgs, the elevators are quite fast. I’m on floor 10, and the 3 elevators seem to always sit at floor 1, floor 5, and floor 10, so one is always there when I want it.I’m close to the elevators but have not noticed much noise.

can anyone tell me the current prices of beer/wine/bottled water and snacks at the Bayliner Diner Grab and Go? I don't want to have to use instacart if I don't have to. thanks

can anyone tell me the current prices of beer/wine/bottled water and snacks at the Bayliner Diner Grab and Go? I don't want to have to use instacart if I don't have to. thanks
A 750 ml wine is 22.49
Beers look to be 7.50-8.50
Water 3.25 for 20 oz
Cokes etc 4.25/20 oz
Snacks - took some pics for you. if they’re too blurry the chips are 1.99, bugles and Chex mix 3.50 (small bags)

Attachments

• 8FAAABAD-FDCB-4F7C-990D-8DDECBC2BF6F.jpeg
    8FAAABAD-FDCB-4F7C-990D-8DDECBC2BF6F.jpeg
    95.2 KB · Views: 9
  • DCDB4036-669B-4554-B32F-71FB823B6C9D.jpeg
    DCDB4036-669B-4554-B32F-71FB823B6C9D.jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 8
  • 5B9222DE-52CD-4ACF-975B-2CD6A2317223.jpeg
    5B9222DE-52CD-4ACF-975B-2CD6A2317223.jpeg
    87.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 5E220670-0277-484A-B9B2-2CE17C64D630.jpeg
    5E220670-0277-484A-B9B2-2CE17C64D630.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 311086EC-31DA-4C48-924C-CBF922A5698D.jpeg
    311086EC-31DA-4C48-924C-CBF922A5698D.jpeg
    58.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 9CD173DE-0C36-411F-9867-073962EBE596.jpeg
    9CD173DE-0C36-411F-9867-073962EBE596.jpeg
    72 KB · Views: 12
  • 593C2EA7-940E-4431-852F-E524A8870A63.jpeg
    593C2EA7-940E-4431-852F-E524A8870A63.jpeg
    55.6 KB · Views: 11
2 people. Never been to the hotel

What's the best room for me to get? We're only talking about a difference of like 20-30 bucks a night between normal room, volcano room and interior/exterior suite

Only 3 nights so I don't want spending whatever on it

Thanks

What's the best room for me to get? We're only talking about a difference of like 20-30 bucks a night between normal room, volcano room and interior/exterior suite

I would go with either a standard room or a suite (I prefer the interior ones since they are closer to the lobby/buses and the lazy river). I've stayed a standard room and found it small, even with only two people. For one or two nights, it's fine, but I wouldn't want too much more than that unless I was planning on spending all day/every day at the parks.

Thanks

My vote is to get a Volcano Bay view room. You will not regret it. There is something so amazing about going to bed and waking up to that view.

My vote is to get a Volcano Bay view room. You will not regret it. There is something so amazing about going to bed and waking up to that view.

Yeah we’re not really doing the parks each day, more for HHN, so I heard sleeping in can be difficult cause of the music from those rooms.

Then again, everyone is different with sounds

Yeah we’re not really doing the parks each day, more for HHN, so I heard sleeping in can be difficult cause of the music from those rooms.

Then again, everyone is different with sounds
There is a gong and accompanying drum beat about 3 times an hour when the waves start, beginning around 9 AM. I was on the other side of the tower, std room not facing the volcano, and could hear it some. Personally I don't care about the view so usually just get a standard 2 Q room. I think it is enough room for 2, I'm often solo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter