C25K! Anyone else in?

Which is TOTALLY OK! Not worth a frowny face over. Do what you have to do; it will make you a stronger runner for it.

We're not just getting our legs used to running; we're getting our lungs and hearts ready too. We want everything to be strong and ready, even down to your veins and arteries, which might not have been used in these ways for a long time. :)

I did W5D2 yesterday and felt great! I kept chanting to myself that 8 minutes was nothing and I think it worked! LOL

I am actually looking forward to going for the full 20 minutes tomorrow.

I went to the dr after the race and I have a fray in my meniscus. So I'm limited to no more than a mile of intervals every other day, I've only run once though since then.
Dr wants me mostly working on the bike and an elliptical so a friend is getting me a gym pass to her gym next week to see if I like it.
It's also the gym where the boys will start fencing this week so I can hit the bike or elliptical while they are doing their thing.
I will probably be starting C25K over again once I get the all clear to up my mileage.

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards

I've finally got road miles under my feet. I am having to backtrack with running outside. I can run on the treadmill for 8-10 minutes, but running outside, I have a hard time running from one telephone pole to a couple further down. I am feeling stronger. My poor lungs and heart sure need the workout!!!

The Expedition Everest 5k is coming right up!! I have gotten myself under the 16 minute pace with plenty pf wiggle room.... So this will be a mini celebration on my journey to get fit and healthy.

Keep up the good work everyone!!!

Update...I've done my 5K and it was amazing! Now I am going to work on a 10K program and then a half. The last few weeks I have had foot problems, so I haven't been able to start it. The doctor said it is a temporary problem and that I could start running again. This week, that was the plan. I ran Tuesday and it was fantastic. I planned to start my training this weekend, and then I got sick. It will happen! Here's hoping for Monday!

I've finally got road miles under my feet. I am having to backtrack with running outside. I can run on the treadmill for 8-10 minutes, but running outside, I have a hard time running from one telephone pole to a couple further down. I am feeling stronger. My poor lungs and heart sure need the workout!!!

The Expedition Everest 5k is coming right up!! I have gotten myself under the 16 minute pace with plenty pf wiggle room.... So this will be a mini celebration on my journey to get fit and healthy.

It will get easier, the more miles you run outside! Congrats on your progress!

Also remember that the 16 m/m pace doesn't start until the last person crosses the start line. I ran a personal record when we did the EEC (I had just started running). I think we were at 43 minutes and change, and that was with the obstacles.
I've also found that I run faster outside than on the treadmill which makes me more winded faster, but you'll get into more of a routine the more you run outside.

I just found this thread, but I've been working on C25K for a while now. I am on week 5, but since all the days are different I've been doing each workout more than once. I did Week 5 Day 1 three times this week and will move on to Day 2 next week. I've been doing pretty well up to this point, but I know things are going to get more difficult now.

However, I've been having a fair amount of calf pain/tightness. Any suggestions for this?

I didn't realize the time starts when the last person hits the start line.... good to know!!! Thanks!! Trying to get at least a good 10 miles in this week and lots of weights and other cardio in. If I can put the work in now, it will be just that much easier (than what I am doing now), to finish that race! Thanks for the encouragement!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!