buying into DVC

Congrats! We bought into BLT - a great decision.

Ah, right now I'm only 17 so I can't exactly buy into the DVC yet :P Butttt, I'm really looking forward to it. My parents and grandparents both passed up the opportunity, but I won't. Unless the prices go a heck of a lot up. Good luck with your DVC :)

I found out yesterday that I passed ROFR, so I'm headed to closing! There aren't enough emoticons to express how happy I am, so I'm going to go with :goodvibes and :cool1: and possibly :cloud9:.

Congrats!

I'm a DVC member with 330 at SSR and I don't regret joining for a second. Not sure where my break even point is but I just love being able to say I own a small bit of the Mouse. :)

Oh, and let me be one of the first to say...

Welcome Home!

Heh, I guess the math teacher in me couldn't resist doing the analysis -- but in the long run, this saving money really isn't the point here, now is it? ;)

I came late to this party - but I have to say that the numbers didn't seem to work for me either...but...now that I have used DVC for 8 years - I have covered ALL my initial purchase price for all 3 contracts.

When you figure out the cost of each room per night, then add in the money saved in discounts received (my annual pass saves me amost 100 per year), and all the valet parking costs - it adds up.

With 560 points, I go to WDW at least twice a year for a couple of weeks at a time - my last trip included conceirge level (I would not do this without points - the dollars don't make sense to me)

I have also done cruises (one to Alaska on Holland America), Aruba, Adventures By Disney, DLR a couple of times, and next June will do Paris. All on points.

I can honestly say that I don't think I would have taken those trips if I had to pay cash. DVC allows me to travel more extensively than I would have considered otherwise.

WELCOME HOME...and to the family!

You won't regret the decision, it was one of our best moves we have made. We bought in 2007, and I think my partner started looking into it when we came back from what I called our "10 days for 10 years" trip. We stayed in a 1 bedroom Concierge level room at AKL and then 6 nights at the Grand Floridian. That trip set us back almost $5,000 in accomodations alone, not to mention we did the Chef's Table at V&A's.

We bought through resale, 248 points at SSR because I love to get spa treatments on vacation. Earlier this year we had to reschedule several WDW vacations and ended up with 120 points that needed to be "used up" or we would lose them by Sept 2009. I picked a few nights during CA F&W to stay over after we were doing winemaker dinners.

The last night I realized that once the Villas opened in CA, we couldn't trade out into a regular hotel room, so the next day we were in the DVC sales office talking to our rep. Turns out we bought 165 points and we only live 20 minutes away! But this means that we can make F&W reservations at 11 months out.

I find myself planning how we'll use our points well in advance, and just love staying in top notch accomodations, especially the fact that they have kitchens and we can have some evenings "in" as well!

Congrats! and Welcome Home!:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter