Brother Bear Reviews...

Status
Not open for further replies.
***"I will not buy into the rah rah defenses...and posters telling us to disregard a well known movie review source because it's not saying something that fits into their lemming view of the Disney company will generate the same response from me every time."***

You don't have to agree with the posters comment. But you went right for the "Snowglobe" remark rather then post the track record of RottenToms as another poster did.

HB2K, I agree with some of your sentiments but people around here get a bit annoyed by the snowglobe reference now. I believe that it's been banned in fact.

I also like boxofficemojo and from what I've seen they've just disagreed about the movie so far. I need to go check them out again.

HB2K,

So is anyone who like anything about Disney a lemming? Just looking for clarification.

Planogirl - yes the term "snowglobe" was banned as it has been used for no other purpose than to insult people.

Melissa-

Do I think everyone who stands behind Disney are lemmings?

No.

Do I think someone who tries to discount a respected website's reports in the manner that the original poster did because it doesn't fit with their opinion about the film is a lemming?

Yes.

Peter Pirate,

POC reviewed ok. Rottentomatoes scored the reviews 78% favorable. That's not bad. My reaction in the case of BB is astonishment. Even Disney animateds that performed poorly at the box office (Atlantis, Treasure Planet) did considerably better in the cumulated reviews than has Brother Bear. As I stated earlier, as more reviews roll in, the % may climb, but it is still below 30% favorable.

My fear - if BB does very poorly, Mike pulls the plug on Feature Animation. Is that a rational fear? I don't know.

First off, HBK, the original poster didn't say anything negative about rottontomatoes or suggest anything that could be construed as a 'homer' opinion...Further, if it was scratch42's comment that has your panties in a wad then I'd suggest two of those little blue pills as this was about as generic as a 'homer' comment can be...But since that time you've called us 'snowglobers,' 'lemmings' and now 'cheerleaders.' If I didn't know better I'd think you were fishing again...

GCurling, there isn't any disputing the RT's information but this first salvo was based on 10 reviews, right? Hardly a iron clad harbinger of things to come. But if the reviews are right and the movie is bad then yes it may signal the death of an era and that would be too bad.

But, I think the movie looks great and the soundtrack sounds great and Koda should sell lots of plush and the McKenzie Brothers are a hoot...But for my real opinion you'll have to wait until Disney tells me what to think:eek:...

pirate:

Pirate-

You wrote:

Further, if it was scratch42's comment that has your panties in a wad then I'd suggest two of those little blue pills as this was about as generic as a 'homer' comment can be

First off let me clarify my statement of original poster. I was referring to scratch42...not wdwguide.

And Pirate...Sorry but I'm not apologizing.

If you make a statement telling people "Don't listen to them" and "what's the matter...not enough T&A for them" then I'm going to make a similar blanket statement.

I honestly hope Disney does well with this. I don't want to see them drop out of the business entirely save a few Sat. Morning quality cartoons....so don't let anyone else know this but....

(Whisper)
I'm going to see the movie.
(/Whisper)

You see I actually agree with Scratch about not basing your decision to attend or skip a movie soley based on movie reviews. But I do take issue with telling people those numbers don't count when trying to discuss objectivly whether these numbers have meaning (and based on gcurling's insight) they historically do.

It would be nice to see replies and responses to posts that don't have to have some sort of personal attack, name calling or insult in them.

GCurling, there isn't any disputing the RT's information but this first salvo was based on 10 reviews, right? Hardly a iron clad harbinger of things to come.

The review count is currently 8 fresh, 20 rotten - total of 28 reviews. So, yes, it's too early to hang a hat on the reviews that are in to date. A wide release like this will have 125 - 175 reviews consolidated on Rotten Tomatoes in the end. While Ebert and Roeper have chimed in, most of the major newspapers have not.

Sorry I missed this one for a bit... You all know better than to start name-calling. I don't know of any words that are "banned" except swear-words. I do, however, expect you all to maintain a polite conversation, which this thread has failed to do.

Since this has wandered **waaayyy** off topic, I'm closing it.

Sarangel

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter