Brokeback Mountain - who's seen it?

Thanks so much for posting the link!!!!!
I already printed it in case it gets pulled .
I looked all over- should've know a fellow Dis'er would help me!
:worship:

Just got done reading the short story. I am kind of speechless as I was after seeing the film. It is really amazing that they turned that short story into a two+ hour film. Awesome stuff!

Thanks for posting the link! Copied the story and sending it to friends who wanted to read it. :cool2:

I've seen the movie 2x now. Husbear got sick :sick: on me the 1st time I went to see it so had to go a 2nd time to make sure he got a chance to see it. I must say it is a good movie, hit all the points to when Oscars, but I'm a bit more jaded in life so I'll keep my opinions to myself. Even w/ that said... I think it's a great movie that people shouldn't hesitate to see.

Hey ChrizJen... fellow StLouis resident here! :wave:

Hey StormTigger! Wher abouts in STL do you live?
We're in South City/South Grand area
-Christal

Saw it in Chicago, loved it & cried. A 20 something straight couple was sitting behind me & she giggled like a school girl during all the love scenes. Annoying yes, but I guess it is better than some of the alternatives.

I saw it friday with my best friend Greg. I had already read the book, he hadn't. It's in my top three gay movies. I thought it was a lot more intense than say Trick. But it had the same impact as "Johns" and "Mysterious Skin"

I saw this on Sunday and absolutly loved it. The last 3 minutes of the movie made me cry so hard!!!! This is at the top of my fav list.

My husband and I just got back from the movies... we both cried like babies. I had read the story, but still cried. We both agreed it was an incredible, beautiful movie, a real landmark in American film making.

I see where Brokeback Mountain was the top box office for Tuesday and Wednesday...quite an accomplishment considering it is on far fewer screens than the competitors. :)

Just got home from seeing Brokeback Mountain and it was GREAT!! Everyone, please go see this movie.......

I finally saw it and it was wonderful! I read the story prior to seeing the movie (thank you SeattleRedBear!) but this one time when I would suggest seeing the movie first and then reading the story. Typically when I read a book and then see the movie version I'm disappointed - not so this time. The movie can stand on it's own. It was a mixed crowd at the theater ... including 2 elderly women who provided comic relief ... "He's a cutie!" (for Jake, which I have to agree), "Where is this?? Montana? Colorado?", "What did he say?", "Is it over now?" (that was about half way through). The constant talking was annoying but on the other hand it was kind of sweet that they were really into it. The ladies seemed to enjoy it and they came with a couple of younger guys that I assume were family. Go see it!

Haven't seen it yet, but it looks like it's been nominated for several Oscars!

My DF and I saw it opening night. It was a great movie, very touching and definitely Oscar worthy!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 As they used to say two thumbs up!

Was anyone a little suprised that Jake G. got the Oscar nom , since Heath is the one they been pushing? Not surprised because of his acting, but most press has been mentioning only Heath when talking about Oscar noms.

Buck

Saw it last night - I haven't been to the movies in years. A mixed crowd in a small theatre. We both liked the movie - Chris cried at the end... I'm glad I saw it.

I personally think Heath's performance was the best...

we saw it last night, my sis and law and I...

as for the comment above about someone laughing behind you, can I just say honestly from a Iowa girl who really has had no real lif exposure to the sex scenes in the movie, it is like think about how you act when you are 10 and you see and girl and boy kissing and you laugh and giggle, ya know??? Sometimes we have reactions to things and I do not think it is bad to say you felt uneasy about something and then REALLY go in depth, in your soul as I have been doing since the movie and ask myself "why?" This is how we learn acceptance and love for others...I do not know the right word for how I felt about some scenes but I am pretty sure what I felt was judgemental and I have been trying to work on that a LOT!!! I just have so many unanswered questions about the movie, not about the gay part of the movie but about all of the "hidden deeper secret meanings" that we learn in college lit class...I would love to go over this story with an educated professional and figure it all out...

it was a movie that left us deep in thought...and questioning myself in acceptance and tolerance....for the better

one thing my sil and I discussed was how it seems easier to see a gay woman couple than a gay man couple and how that was not right at all...

see what I mean by questioning??

MOMOFMNM said:
I personally think Heath's performance was the best...

we saw it last night, my sis and law and I...

as for the comment above about someone laughing behind you, can I just say honestly from a Iowa girl who really has had no real lif exposure to the sex scenes in the movie, it is like think about how you act when you are 10 and you see and girl and boy kissing and you laugh and giggle, ya know??? Sometimes we have reactions to things and I do not think it is bad to say you felt uneasy about something and then REALLY go in depth, in your soul as I have been doing since the movie and ask myself "why?" This is how we learn acceptance and love for others...I do not know the right word for how I felt about some scenes but I am pretty sure what I felt was judgemental and I have been trying to work on that a LOT!!! I just have so many unanswered questions about the movie, not about the gay part of the movie but about all of the "hidden deeper secret meanings" that we learn in college lit class...I would love to go over this story with an educated professional and figure it all out...

it was a movie that left us deep in thought...and questioning myself in acceptance and tolerance....for the better

one thing my sil and I discussed was how it seems easier to see a gay woman couple than a gay man couple and how that was not right at all...

I think your ponderings are honorable. Thank you for wrestling. I think it's what we are all suppossed to do within the context of many issues.

MOMOFMNM said:
I do not know the right word for how I felt about some scenes but I am pretty sure what I felt was judgemental and I have been trying to work on that a LOT!!! I just have so many unanswered questions about the movie, not about the gay part of the movie but about all of the "hidden deeper secret meanings" that we learn in college lit class...I would love to go over this story with an educated professional and figure it all out...

As far as the preformance, I think both guys did a wonderful job! Jake really showed that he had a deep love for Heath's character as Heath also did the same.

I also wonder why it is so much more accepted to see gay women than gay men :confused3

I have the same questions and they are a little hard to deal with. This is the time for anyone who has not seen the movie to stop reading......................... With Jake's father I was a little confused. Did he somehow know that Jake was gay? Is this why he wouldn't let Heath have the ashes? How did the bloody shirt from Brokeback end up at Jake's parents house? Did Heath's daughter at the end of the movie end up finding out he was gay?

THIS IS THE BIG ONE FOR ME......Why oh why did Jake cheat on Heath with another man in Mexico?! I know everyone has needs and all and I know that in a sense they were cheating on each other with women but it just seems different cheating with another man. And my last question, how on earth were they attracted to their wives if they were gay?

I know I seem very ingorant and do not seem to understand this movie like some do but if someone could explain this to me I would really appreciate it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter