BRAND NEW CORONADO SPRINGS FAQ THREAD w/ PHOTOS (PART IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you recommend the non-expire, if we plan on going back? It's kind of tough thinking about spending that money, but a savings of almost $500? That's outrageous! Have you done this before?

If you do get the non-expire, can you add the dining plan later on when you book your room?

Buzz, loving the pics and the report, I cannot wait to first set eyes on CSR!!!
The ticket is an extension of what I purchased this year so I couldn't add anymore days. I was able to add 3 because it was a 7 day hopper with 2 remaining days and by adding 3, it made it a 10 day hopper. Not sure if you could add DDP. This is the first time I did it. I brought it up to my wife because I just couldn't see letting the two days go to waste if we didn't make it to a park or wasting it for a few hours. This work to considering it was part of the 3 free days I got from Disney through the 4/3 promo. If I did not get the no expire, the tickets would be useless after we checked out.

Would you recommend the non-expire, if we plan on going back? It's kind of tough thinking about spending that money, but a savings of almost $500? That's outrageous! Have you done this before?

If you do get the non-expire, can you add the dining plan later on when you book your room?

Buzz, loving the pics and the report, I cannot wait to first set eyes on CSR!!!

You have to book a package with at least a one day base ticket in order to get the DDP. If you are a AP holder you can add the dining without buying tickets.

We have always been either in the Casitas or Ranchos and used their bus stops... I am just curious, if you are using the bus stop from the Cabanas or El Centro are they full by the time you get on?

We have always been either in the Casitas or Ranchos and used their bus stops... I am just curious, if you are using the bus stop from the Cabanas or El Centro are they full by the time you get on?
I just came back from CSR last week (school vacation week) and never had to stand on the bus. If you are leaving the parks at closing or if something happens during the morning I'm sure its possible but I can count on one hand the number of times in 11 trips to CSR that I ever had to stand.

Buzz, thanks for the great TR... very informative! (I like that!!! :thumbsup2 )

DD and I will be heading south in Oct. (8 months!!! :cool1: ) I think we made the right choice by switching resorts to CSR... we will also have the QSDP, and are looking forward to having some delicious meals at PM. I don't have a definate choice of which section we'd like to be in, but the cabana's really look "homey"... the casitas look confusing... are there corridors on the inside courtyard as well as the exterior rooms? All I can picture is coming back from the parks, and getting lost... :confused3 I don't really have any opinion (of the pictures I've seen) of the ranchos... other than they're very far away from the main building... and free drink refills... (Not that I'm opposed to walking, you know.... :rolleyes: )

Regarding the bus stops... of the #1 thru #3 stops (I'm assuming #4 is at the main building, and is undercover, at the front door), are there any that you don't have to cross a parking lot to get to??? (and are there covered "shelters" near the stops?

Thanks for any info....

If I did not get the no expire, the tickets would be useless after we checked out.

Whoa, Buzz. You have me looking at my tickets here. I have planned on using the last day of our passes after we check out on our last day. Now that I think about it, it seems that what you say would be true. I had better read the fine print again (unless someone knows more about this).
Thanks.

Curt

Whoa, Buzz. You have me looking at my tickets here. I have planned on using the last day of our passes after we check out on our last day. Now that I think about it, it seems that what you say would be true. I had better read the fine print again (unless someone knows more about this).
Thanks.

Curt

Tickets expire 14 days after the 1st use unless you add the non expiring option.

Buzz, thanks for the great TR... very informative! (I like that!!! :thumbsup2 )

DD and I will be heading south in Oct. (8 months!!! :cool1: ) I think we made the right choice by switching resorts to CSR... we will also have the QSDP, and are looking forward to having some delicious meals at PM. I don't have a definate choice of which section we'd like to be in, but the cabana's really look "homey"... the casitas look confusing... are there corridors on the inside courtyard as well as the exterior rooms? All I can picture is coming back from the parks, and getting lost... :confused3 I don't really have any opinion (of the pictures I've seen) of the ranchos... other than they're very far away from the main building... and free drink refills... (Not that I'm opposed to walking, you know.... :rolleyes: )

Regarding the bus stops... of the #1 thru #3 stops (I'm assuming #4 is at the main building, and is undercover, at the front door), are there any that you don't have to cross a parking lot to get to??? (and are there covered "shelters" near the stops?

Thanks for any info....
#2 is the casita stop, you have to cross the lot. #3 is the rancho stop and you cross the lot. #4 is the cabana lot and has a sidewalk to it and is in between two lots. #1 is the main bus stop and has a covered walk way from the front door. All stops have shelters. The casitas are probably the hardest to navigate because of all the courtyards.

I just came back from CSR last week (school vacation week) and never had to stand on the bus. If you are leaving the parks at closing or if something happens during the morning I'm sure its possible but I can count on one hand the number of times in 11 trips to CSR that I ever had to stand.

This is one of reasons I am looking forward to staying at CSR this time. We stayed at POR last Oct. and loved it there except...there were several times we had to stand on the bus. Sometimes depending on where we were positioned on the bus my DS9 had to hold on to the overhead bar which he could barely reach. It made me nervous that he would fall.

So I look at it like we will be gaining queen size beds and better transportation :) but we will miss the boat to DTD at POR.:sad1:

This is one of reasons I am looking forward to staying at CSR this time. We stayed at POR last Oct. and loved it there except...there were several times we had to stand on the bus. Sometimes depending on where we were positioned on the bus my DS9 had to hold on to the overhead bar which he could barely reach. It made me nervous that he would fall.

So I look at it like we will be gaining queen size beds and better transportation :) but we will miss the boat to DTD at POR.:sad1:

That boat to DTD is one of the highlights of POR. I will miss it too, but not enough to give up the amenities at CSR. I will say, it can be hard to get back from DTD at night on one of the buses. I'm considering a cab if we even go in Sept.

22 DAYS :cool1:

I have a question about the internet.

This is probably written somewhere but I am too lazy to find it.

BUT, can you tell me about the internet connection in the rooms?

What type of dress code is there, is a skirt & sandals acceptable or is this place more dressy? Dh only wears jeans with a button up shirt, are we going to feel out of place? I was hoping to be able to go here during our stay, but now I'm not sure. We are not the real dressy up kind lol

We are not real dress up type people either, hey I'm on vacation. The last time we went both my father and BF wore nice shorts with a nice top and I wore cargo capris and flip flops. We had no problems at all, your DH should be fine! :thumbsup2

KatMark or Buzz,

We really like the looks of the Casita section and am wondering how far/long is the walk to the dig site pool? We are 2 adults and 2 teens so I'm guessing it won't be a big problem but I am curious.

Thanks.
:)

KatMark or Buzz,

We really like the looks of the Casita section and am wondering how far/long is the walk to the dig site pool? We are 2 adults and 2 teens so I'm guessing it won't be a big problem but I am curious.

Thanks.
:)
Sorry, I'm not KatMark or Buzz, but I think I can answer! We were in Casitas 4, and it took us about 7-8 minutes to walk to the Dig Site. We were 1 adult and 1 teen, and had no problem.

Just my 2 cents. People seem to forget that you do not always need to walk to the Dig Site pool. You can also use the park buses or the internal bus and get off at bus stop # 4. You can also use the bus to get to the main building.

Do you think the Casitas or the Cabanas would be more romantic/ quieter/ nicer for a couple celebrating an anniversary? I know it says Casitas on your site, Buzz, but a refurbished room would be really wonderful! (I can live without it though-- it's CSR either way!)

We won't go to the pool/ hot tub more than twice or three times.

We like walking.

Sorry, I'm not KatMark or Buzz, but I think I can answer! We were in Casitas 4, and it took us about 7-8 minutes to walk to the Dig Site. We were 1 adult and 1 teen, and had no problem.

You are right. And Casitas 5 takes us about five minutes to walk to the main building and about seven minutes to the main pool.

Do you think the Casitas or the Cabanas would be more romantic/ quieter/ nicer for a couple celebrating an anniversary? I know it says Casitas on your site, Buzz, but a refurbished room would be really wonderful! (I can live without it though-- it's CSR either way!)

We won't go to the pool/ hot tub more than twice or three times.

We like walking.

We've never stayed Cabanas, but think we are going to request it this time. We've on all seven stays been in the Casitas--including this past September for our 25th anniversary. We loved it--they upgraded us to a suite, we were in Casitas 3 and we would sit in the garden in the evening under the stars--very romantic. There are refurbished rooms in Casitas 1, 2 and 3 -- all on the 4th floor. Here's some pixiedust: that you get a rehabbed room for your anniversary.

You are right. And Casitas 5 takes us about five minutes to walk to the main building and about seven minutes to the main pool.
I would have guess that to be the other way around from casita 5. I thought the pool was closer than the main building. But its been 10 years since I stayed in that building.

Thanks everyone who responded, that is very helpful. I think we will request Casititas first and Cabanas as our second choice. I only wish we were going sooner... our trip is planned for this week next year! We live in a college town so our schools follow their vacation schedule and our mid-winter break is always the week after Pres. Week. Usually it is a good week crowd wise, usually always coincides with ESPN weekend (which we avoid). Have never stayed at CSR (usually deluxe) but plan to as we want to rent 2 rooms now that our kids are big teenagers!

Thanks again. I'll keep lurking around until next year.
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter