• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bouncing Back to the Bayou --- an August 2013 PTR

Great job on the bows Anne!:thumbsup2

Our trips are soooo close.:cool1::cheer2: Congrats on the PAID IN FULL! I always wait until the last minute to pay mine off, so I am right there with ya! Something about me wanting to keep my money in my account as long as possible.:rotfl2:

Anyhow, I wont be at Epcot on the 20th so we need to try and meet up some other day. I need to compare our schedules. Since we're at sister resorts it shouldn't be too hard.:goodvibes

I cannot believe how lax I’ve been at responding to your comments. See, I usually type my updates in Word and then copy & paste them to the boards. The one thing I don’t like about doing that is sometimes the punctuation doesn’t come over correctly, so if you see something really funky, it wasn’t me!!! I have to be real sneaky about it since we are not supposed to be online at work unless it’s work-related. I have a really hard time with that rule and have been called on it more than once. I don’t usually update at home because I’m usually pretty tired and it seems there’s always things to do at home! So, I’m really sorry for ignoring you all lately!! Please know that I do read and love every one of your comments.

Hi I am joining in!! I will be back tonight to read through the report.

HI!!!!!! I’m glad you are here……Hopefully you’ve hung around!

Yhea on flights!!!!!!!

Awesome!

Thanks Nicole….they’ve just been going higher and higher. I’m really glad to have booked when I did.

Good job on the airfare snag!!! I'm still looking for my November trip and they are SO high. :(

Funny you posted your "Disneyfied Desk" - I did the same yesterday!!! Gotta bring some Disney to the boring cubicle!

Ugh. I hate cubbie world!!! I did just clean out a bunch of Victoria’s things and she had quite a few figurines from the Lion King, so those are coming here next.

That's right! Pictures or you are in trouble! ;)

Good luck with the Dessert Party! I'm not sure you will get a FRONT FRONT spot, but that's b/c those tables were for two...probably why we were in one of them! :)

Happy Birthday! I don't feel my age at all either! :thumbsup2

I'm really sorry about the chickens, I hope the rest of them survive! Have fun at the garage sale, that sounds fun!

I ended up NOT booking the dessert party. I just couldn’t justify the cost of the desserts when in fact none of us are supposed to be eating those anyways….oh, if they come with our meals on the DDP that’s one thing, but to pay for just desserts. Nope. We don’t mind standing to watch Wishes. Heck we may even do my long lost plan of going to watch them from Poly’s beach. We’ll see. Yes, right now our chickens are all just fine. Peter is sooo obsessed with them! It’s funny to watch. And thank you for my Birthday wishes!

Happy Belated Birthday, Ann! I don’t feel my age either, so between me and Karen, you are in good company! :laughing: It’s not fun to act your age, anyway! I think acting young keeps you young at heart ;) So, it took me a while to catch up on everything since I have been MIA, but I am glad that you got such great flights! I was sorry to hear about your chickens, but I am glad to hear that you got a few new baby chicks. I’m also glad your cat is OK! There really isn’t much to plan after the double digit mark, is there? I hope you get the dessert party! I was looking into that, too, but I forgot about it until you brought it up. I’ll have to figure out what night I can take the kids. Now it’s just a matter of paying off the trip. I played the Powerball for the first and last time for Wednesday’s drawing :rolleyes: My numbers were nowhere near the numbers they drew. I obviously didn’t play Saturday (I’m not really a lottery type of gal) but I heard that the person who won is in Florida! Then I heard that the majority of Powerball winners are in Florida! I think you and I should play when we are down there in August! :lmao:

Well since I won’t have access to a car, I don’t see where I’ll be buying a ticket. How about you guys? Will anyone in your party have a car? If so, I’d give you $5 to play for me!

I was so glad to see you had posted. Sorry to hear about the State budget problems. That is why I have always steered away from City, State, or school district jobs. I hope they get a budget soon.

I hope the Doctor appt went ok today. I am about ready to leave work, so not a lot of comments. Just wanted to say, "Welcome back to your PTR."

As it turns out, Maine’s budget was approved and we will be getting a 1% raise in September and then a 5% merit raise based on each individual’s anniversary date and whether they deserve it. Of course I WILL DESERVE IT!!! After all, I don’t spend too much time at work on the boards, right??? So by January it should be a little easier to pay things down. I should be at a couple hundred more for a two week period! OOOH, BEACH CLUB NEXT YEAR ANYONE?? I tell ya though, it came right down to the last day for the vote!!!

Hi, Ann! I really hope everything works out with Maine’s budget! That is so scary! Keep us posted after the vote. I like the modifications you made to the poncho! Our trips are so close! :yay: How did everything go at the doctor’s?

Let’s see, can’t remember which doctor’s appointment you may be referring to, but it’s probably about my toe. Well, my toe has healed about as much as it’s going to. It’s no longer broken but it healed pretty funny looking. Sometimes there’s pain, but not so much. I do have gout and will always have gout now so it’s something I will just live with! Oh well. I won’t be letting that stop me!!

Hi Ann! Just stopping by....I've been a total slacker on the DIS lately. So, did you get the dessert party?? I booked for the 21st :banana:

HI!!!! I’ll have to go catch up with your report soon!!! I have seen your posts on Facebook, so I feel like I’ve kind of been keeping up!

I don't know how I missed your update! So sorry it took me so long to figure it out. I LOVE your poncho! I just love it. I wish I were talented, I would make myself one, lord knows I have enough Disney bags! :rotfl2:

Sorry about the job situation, but yay for almost having it all paid off!!!

How many days do you have now? I guess I could go look at Erin's TR b/c you guys will be there at the same time! *jealous*!!

I swear one day we will all be there at the same time and WILL meet!!! Thanks for the compliment on the poncho. I’m pretty pleased as to how it turned out! Today it’s 44DAYS!!!! Whoo Hoo!!!!

Hi, I am brand new to DIS Boards and have been reading through some PTR's...I wanted to let you know how much I am enjoying yours! I am also going in August and I am just loving reading through it all and learning some tips as well.

BTW- I LOVE the poncho, that is super creative!!

I am sooooooooooo sorry Denovagirl that I seemed to have missed welcoming you!!! I’m really not that unmannered (although some on here may tell you differently!!). We love going in August/September. It is very hot, but you learn to go into stores with AC and attractions with AC. I actually like it to be hot enough that we feel like going into the pool! Some would say that you are crazy to go in August, but we’ll take heat & low crowds anyday! So, when in August are you going and where are you staying? Please fill me in!!

Good job Ann! ;)

47 DAYS!!!!!!!! :yay: The DISmeets sound like fun! I cannot wait to hear all about it!

I’m pretty excited for the Dismeets!!! I’ve only ever met one other Disboard member while at Disney. Crazy since there are really so many of us! I’ll be wearing these so no one can mistake that I’m not a Dis member. Ok, I will NOT wear them all day long, but just to my Dismeet at Epcot on the 20th at 3pm by the phone booths in England!! I’m not THAT CRAZY (Karen, bite your tongue! LOL!)

Ann, I LOVE your bows! If you don't wear them or you don't have use for them after your vacation I will buy them from you for Minnie's first trip!!! :)

Nicole, I would NEVER make you pay for them. If I decide I don’t want them anymore, I will just give them to you. They really are nothing special and they are my first ones, so even though they might look good from the front, you really don’t want to see the sewing job from the back.

I am non crafty. How did you make the bows? Someone made a bow for chelsea's dance costume and she loved it. I might try making her s disney one if it weren't too challenging.

Hi Shannon, I actually found a YouTube video which showed how to do them. I think the biggest thing to know is to sew the loops!! I never knew that and boy, did it make a difference!
It’s really not that challenging! Of course the first one I did is much worse than the 5th one!

Awww your bows are adorable! I am also non-crafty but I bought a few Disney bows to wear on my trip- I have coordinated my outfits to them. LOL

Your mini-trips look amazing!! My husband and I have talked about taking the boys up to Maine- I think they would love it.

Oh, I do love Maine in the summer! There is so much history here and some really unusual things that I’ve never seen! I’m very lucky that my husband likes to drive around with no real destination in mind. You find some of the most amazing things that way.

Also, you'll have to let us all know what day you will be in DHS trying out! We are planning to be there Thurs the 22nd!

Well, my DHS days are the 21st and the 24th, so it will be one of those two days. Or both!! Who knows. I’m still going back and forth on songs. Victoria said I really didn’t do “Life is a Highway” very well, so I’m now thinking of doing Queen’s “You’re my Best Friend”. I just don’t know.

Great job on the bows Anne!:thumbsup2

Our trips are soooo close.:cool1::cheer2: Congrats on the PAID IN FULL! I always wait until the last minute to pay mine off, so I am right there with ya! Something about me wanting to keep my money in my account as long as possible.:rotfl2:

Anyhow, I wont be at Epcot on the 20th so we need to try and meet up some other day. I need to compare our schedules. Since we're at sister resorts it shouldn't be too hard.:goodvibes

Hi Tasha!! Like I told you in a private message, our break day is the 23rd, so chances are we will be by the pool that day while doing laundry. Hopefully we get to meet this year and you won’t have to stalk me anymore!! HAHAHA!

Ok, so, remember how I told you I wanted to do the American Idol Experience for two reasons? One because I love to perform for people and two because I want to meet that little hottie Greg Hutson? And do you also remember how I stalk him on Facebook and Twitter? Well, I had the following little exchange with him the other day:

OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!! :yay: :yay: So, the pressure is off as for winning a spot on the show. Yeah! I could meet the judges as well. That’s going to be soooo cool!!! Goodness, I sound like a little 12 year old who loves One Direction or something! I hope I don’t come off as being a crazed fan! :eek: At least Peter will be there to calm me down! Let’s just wish him luck, shall we?

I wanted to show everyone the other bows I’ve made:

I really like my Zebra one. That will be for Animal Kingdom and the Pooh one will be for our breakfast at Crystal Palace. I think that’s appropriate. :thumbsup2 I do have more ribbon, so maybe I’ll make another one….I’m not sure yet. I still have to do our tshirts. I know, I know…..I need to get on that soon!

It’s been so hot and humid here these last few days. Peter even said that it smelled like the air at Disney. It really did too. It’s not usually that hot in Maine, but hello 90 degree weather. It’s certainly getting us ready for Disney. I’m not walking as much as I should be but how can you walk in such humidity? How does Karen RUN in this humidity as I’m sure she must have it there, too. I’m very, very fortunate to have a pool and a hubby who takes care of that.

I’m not sure if I mentioned it or not, but we are in the process of trying to sell Peter’s property in Starks, Maine. He’s emptying it out slowly but surely. He has 3 big garbage bags full of his former wife’s clothes that we’ll be giving to Goodwill. He also has some of her jewelry that I’ll probably try to sell on ebay. Nothing fancy, just costume jewelry. We now have his father-in-law’s van (his former wife’s father) in our yard. If anyone drives by they will think we are a used car/tractor lot!! Actually the van and the 2001 Chevy Cavalier (my old baby --- I love that car!! :drive: ) are both for sale. Peter says what he gets for the cars and the house (with 11 acres of land) will pay off both of our new cars and some other bills. Don’t you just hate practical people who want to PAY BILLS instead of investing in DVC??!!! :scared1: I mean really, Peter! How can you think bills should come first? What is his problem!! (You all know I’m just kidding!!!) We are only asking about $50,000 for the house/land as the house and single wide mobile home that’s on the land are in need of repair, but the land is definitely worth the money! Hey, is anyone looking for property in Maine? Starks is about 40 minutes from ANYWHERE!!!! LOL!

I’m one of the few people who didn’t take today off. Boy, this office is so quiet. There’s maybe 7 of us here. It’s actually kind of erie…..

Well everyone have a great weekend!!!
:beach:

Uh no, you are TOTALLY CRAZY, just admit it! AND you are a crazed-fan-stalker! :lmao: I LOVE LOVE LOVE those ears for your DISMEET!!! OMG! YOU MUST wear them all day. I insist! Too cute. (funny, I had to come back and edit this b/c I put "I MUST wear them all day" the first time!)

Well, I do run in heat & humidity, but I sweat like a pig when I run, even in freezing temps, so what's a little more? :rolleyes: It doesn't seem to bother me at all, but maybe that's b/c I'm drenched in 2 minutes flat! ;)

44 DAYS!!!!!!! Will you tweet or do FB more? Do we follow each other on twitter? I hate twitter, btw, but I'll follow you for the trip if you are going to be on there.

Uh no, you are TOTALLY CRAZY, just admit it! AND you are a crazed-fan-stalker! :lmao: I LOVE LOVE LOVE those ears for your DISMEET!!! OMG! YOU MUST wear them all day. I insist! Too cute. (funny, I had to come back and edit this b/c I put "I MUST wear them all day" the first time!)

Well, I do run in heat & humidity, but I sweat like a pig when I run, even in freezing temps, so what's a little more? :rolleyes: It doesn't seem to bother me at all, but maybe that's b/c I'm drenched in 2 minutes flat! ;)

44 DAYS!!!!!!! Will you tweet or do FB more? Do we follow each other on twitter? I hate twitter, btw, but I'll follow you for the trip if you are going to be on there.

I think during the trip I will probably tweet rather than FB. Tweeting is easier I think!!! I'm victoriasmom98 over there as well. I would love to have you follow me!!! and no, I will NEVER admit to anything!!! :thumbsup2

That is so cool about Greg Hutson! I will have to check my days and see when we are going to DHS!

I think during the trip I will probably tweet rather than FB. Tweeting is easier I think!!! I'm victoriasmom98 over there as well. I would love to have you follow me!!! and no, I will NEVER admit to anything!!! :thumbsup2

I am going to follow you on Twitter. I love that there are so many DIS people on Twitter. I am beachmama33. :)

Hey Ann,

Too cool about Greg...:cool1:

All you cool kids are going in August...:confused3 ... but we're headed out tomorrow for our trip so I can't complain too much...:goodvibes

(Eric's been working a bit in Maine-Portland... so I've heard all about your weather... actually he prefers it to our swampy Philadelphia summers...;)

Loving the chickens... David is desperate for a bee hive... so Eric has being joking about getting chickens too... ::yes:: if we grow some veggies... we can be partially self sustaining...

Love the ribbons...:goodvibes

37 MORE DAYS!!! OMG! OMG!!!

Im still waiting for Mickey Mail which should come any day now. Other August Disers have already received theirs so I know mine should be soon! I cant remember, so if anyone knows please let me know --- do we each get 2 ME yellow tags or just one. Just one doesnt make sense, so Im assuming its 2. Can anyone confirm?? :confused3 Im just working on the little things now like 2 more tip envelopes, 2 iron on tees and some other stuff. Its getting so close now. As for packing, its just packing the outfits/undies thas left to do. All the other essentials are already packed. Its never too early to pack, right? I did buy Victoria a pair of pjs that I will have to return for another size. What the heck was I thinking when I bought them, I will never know! Momentary lack of brain function..:blush:

Speaking of shopping, I had an awesome time at Goodwill the other day. I originally went for some scrapbook paper which I had seen on Sunday, but didnt have the money for. The scrapping stuff had been sold, but I was able to find 2 WDW lanyards at 99 cents each and a Princess Tiana doll for $3.99!!! Now I have her, Merida and Snow White! Maybe Ill get one or two in WDW. Well see.::yes::

As you all know, we are slowly cleaning out Peters house to be able to sell it. Well, apparently his former wife loved jewelry.I mean LOVED it!! She had 2 amoires filled and miscellaneous jewelry hanging out in drawers. I told Peter that Im sure I could sell some at the office and I could just bring an amoire in and have people look at it in the break room. He brought them home and I spent all afternoon on Sunday going through it, untangling some, matching earrings, etc and I brought it in on Monday morning. We decided that we would give half of what we collected to the American Heart Association as she died of a massive heart attack. Peter was thinking wed take in about $150 and just split that. BOY, WAS HE WRONG!! As of today, I have collected $668!!!! :love: This is just from COSTUME jewelry/sterling silver!!! Im asking $10 for 10k/14k rings; $5 for ss; $3 a pair for the earrings, $4 for necklaces and bracelets, and $2 for pins. So, you can see Im not asking a whole lot for anything! I just cant believe how fast its going and the amoire is still pretty full. Ive emptied one completely out and just have the one in the breakroom left. I just cant believe it!! This is so much easier than selling piece by piece on ebay and dealing with the shipping and listing fees. I feel Im really doing something good here! Karma, baby!

Ive already had one person pay $25 for his portion of the share. I knew I had to purchase the flash drives soon but I just didnt like the price at Wal-Mart --- $8.97 for 4G. Nah, I really could do better than that, I just had to be patient. So, I was at Best Buy yesterday to buy Victoria a life proof case for her iphone (now that she has an new one, I didnt want to see it cracked like last time we were in Epcot!) While we were there I found some drives for $5.97 for 4G. Ok, well, thats about what I was expecting, so I picked up 6. I started walking back to where Victoria was and look what I found..

ON CLEARENCE FOR $4.99 and with 8G!!!!!!!! :cool1: Can anyone say Whoo Hoo!!!!???? I just cant believe how perfect these are for the share! It couldnt get any better and there was 6 left!! Yep, its that good ole karma, baby! I just hope I do a good job for everyone! Thats the part Im nervous about..

Cutie girl got a new tag the other day. Hopefully you can see it in the pic. It's Monsters U with Mikes eye!!! Has anyone seen that movie yet? Oh, we loved it! I was told to stay until the very end for a surprise and boy, that was worth it! What a cute movie! I definitely recommend it!

I did have a horrible dream regarding Disney last night. Well, it wasnt about the whole Disney, just the American Idol Experience. First we didnt know where to go so we ended up on Streets of America. Then it was sooo crowded and the judge that I sang in front of was very, very mean. He wouldnt even let me finish! And there were people walking all over the stage, so that was very distracting. I woke up so depressed! Not that I think that dream will come true, but Im seriously thinking about not trying out at all..

:offtopic: Guess who is in menopause now..ME!!!! I was freaking out so much about a missed cycle that I had gone to my doctors for a pregnancy test! It was negative, thank goodness, but we were soooo worried. Of course wed love and accept a little miracle, but we are pretty settled now in a good place so it would have been a HUGE change. Plus, I still blame myself for all the health issues that Victoria has had, so I cant imagine bringing another child into the world who may have a difficult time like Victoria has had. I know its not really my fault, but thats just how I feel. Peter is under the belief that his boys dont swim so we never worried about it. Oh, wait..was that TMI??? Sorry. :blush:

I think tomorrow we are taking a ride to the coast to Bar Harbor. Peter is not on call and its supposed to be a nice day, so I think it will be nice. I will definitely take lots of pictures!

Victoria, Kali and I are going to Playlist Live 2014 in March!!! Peter is unable to come with us next year due to one of his workers already requesting that weekend off. Grrrrrr! But well have fun anyways!! We already bought the tickets and will have to make the ressies for the Caribe Royale again. Im looking forward to it, but not as much as DISNEY!!! Oh, you know me, Ill work Disney in that trip somehow! :thumbsup2

You are soooo close to your trip! So exciting!!!!

It seems like just yesterday I read your TR from last August..and now here you are again! :thumbsup2

Love the new bows! Zebra is perfect for AK. And great finds at Goodwill!! WooHoo!! :cool1:

Everything is coming into place.........now you just have to enjoy the rest of summer (don't wish it away please, for my sake..even if it means getting your trip closer!!) :)

Hey Ann!
It's Alyssa from your august share! I can't even tell you how excited I am that you found those Mickey flash drives! eep! I'm so excited to get one! yay for an awesome find!! ps. have i paid you yet? because i feel like i need to get on that! :confused3:goodvibes

Hi All!! Here we sit at 23 days out. The waiting is driving me crazy!! I keep reading on the boards about people getting their Magic Bands for the test in August and then showing pictures of them. While I’m so happy for all of the testers, I’m so incredibly jealous! I’m one of those who are excited to see them and see how they work while there are so many others that just don’t want any part of them. At least I know I will be able to use the regular fast pass system and hope there are enough fast passes for everyone who wants them. Granted I never usually got more than 4 per day, I still would like the opportunity to get the ones I want.

I did receive my Mickey Mail about 2 weeks ago and yes, the tags are already on the suitcases as the suitcases are already down out of the closet. No, I haven’t started the clothes packing yet, but I’m just itching to start doing so. I do have to rearrange some of the toiletries and other things I do already have packed as I don’t think I’m going to bring a carryon other than my park bag. I know Victoria will want one and I’m not sure about Peter. Heck, all his clothes fit in a carryon, so who knows, but I have 2 big suitcases and a duffle bag that are definitely being checked in. OH, I have got to show you all what I’m working on for a craft project:

TA DA!!! Finally, something to use my pressed pennies for!! I saw the idea on Pintrest, so I bought some split rings at Wal-Mart and started drilling holes and attaching the pennies to a charm bracelet I already had. I really like it and it is an awesome reminder of previous trips. I didn’t do any penny pressing last year, but I’m thinking I might have to now. Heck, I could make money making these, right??

Another Adventure in Maine….. Last Saturday we went to the Antique Truck Show at the Owl’s Head Transportation Museum. This is Peter’s heaven, so we went. It was kind of cool to see all the old vehicles. Some of them were the museum pieces and some were trucks that are owned by private parties. We even rode in an old fashioned bus around the area. I really enjoyed that part of it. I also enjoyed the ride to get there. Owl’s Head is by the ocean and it’s about 45 minutes away from our house. I think that’s the part I liked the most – the ride!

In our personal lives there have been some issues. First of all, Peter’s father –in-law has taken a turn for the worse and he is in another nursing home that specializes in end of life care. Apparently the valve (stint, I’m not really sure) that he had inserted in his heart 20 years ago is now infected and he has sepsis. The doctor said that they could treat the sepsis but there’s nothing more they can do with the infection. He’s now too old to be considered for another heart surgery. I just feel so bad for Peter as he’s the Power of Attorney and decisions are up to him. That’s a lot of pressure for a person, I imagine. We still have to get the property in Starks cleaned up and ready to list, but there hasn’t been time or desire to get that done. Peter’s afraid that Cliff’s son will try to go into the mobile home that he had set up for Cliff and start taking things out of there. That house is Peter’s and he was just letting Cliff stay there. Another thing that happened is one of Peter’s parts truck got stolen out of the driveway in Starks. Unbelievable! Granted he only paid $100 for it, but still it’s a violation. Now he’ll be looking through Craig’s List trying to find what he needs. Like he said it sucked because he already had it. He’s now going to put a chain up across the property to prevent other vehicles from getting in. He’ll be so happy to get out from under that property.

I have other news that I really don’t know how to say, but I want my Disfriends to know…… I suffered a miscarriage last Thursday. Remember the pregnancy test that was negative? Yeah, well not so much. Apparently I was too early in the pregnancy to detect the hormones (3 – 4 weeks) at that time so about 5 – 6 weeks by last Wednesday. I was pretty sick last Wednesday and was unable to go to work as I was in a lot of abdominal pain. I had started my cycle the day before (or so I thought) but it’s very unusual for me to miss work on account of that. I did go to work on Thursday, but around noonish I was sick to my stomach and if I was going to be sick like that, I wanted to be home! The pain was so intense in my abdomen, it was like nothing I’ve ever felt before. I went to the bathroom and felt the need to push. Not to be too graphic, but that’s when I knew by looking. Once it was out, I felt such relief physically. Now the emotions kicked in and it’s taken me over a week now to really accept what happened and know that it was the will of God. Then I was thinking, well maybe this isn’t what happened, maybe my cycle was just heavy, but no, I googled various things and read various website including pictures (yeah, don’t recommend that). Of course I will never really know with scientific verification, but in my heart I know, so I’ve been pretty depressed this last week. Planning for Disney and reading the boards has been helping. Realistically, based on all the info I’ve read, the chances of a miscarriage at my age and with my health is 50%+ but it doesn’t make it any easier.

I’m fine, I really am, but I wanted to share.

Ann, first off, I'm so very sorry. There's just not much more I can say, there aren't any words that will make it better or take it back. I wish I could find something other than sorry! :hug:

23 days out! Get packing woman! A huge dose of DISNEY is what you need. I cannot wait to hear all about it. I want pics on FB of you and Erin! The penny bracelet is an awesome idea! Great keepsake!

Anne I am so sorry to hear about all that you went through.:hug:

I pray that God comforts you.:hug:

BTW: I was jealous when I saw your picture of the suitcases, I thought you were all packed!:rolleyes1

Needless to say, I haven't even pulled out the suitcases!:confused3:rolleyes1

Ann I am so sorry for all that you guys have been going through :hug: I feel for you...I feel for Peter, being POA must be just so incredibly hard. Just not a position I ever want to be in. I hope you can get out of the Stark property...where is Stark anyway?? Gotta go look on MapQuest :thumbsup2

Hopefully getting back to Disney will ease some of your pain. Disney magic has a way of doing that :hug:

Totally agree with you about the MagicBand testing. I am glad I am not in it. I just wish it was a real test and if you have a MB, you can only use the FP+, not the regular FP. Otherwise, what are they getting out of it?? Don't get me wrong, I am very happy for those that get to test them...but they need to realize they have a HUGE advantage over us, and I hope they leave some FPs for us in the afternoons. It's not their fault, I just wish Disney would do a real test, not this half and half stuff.

All of Peter's stuff fits in a carryon?? My hubby's might, if it was a normal week vacation, but we need at least 2 sets of clothes for each day, that's 14-16 sets of clothes. No way would those fit in a carryon! Teach me oh wise one :worship:

Love love love your penny project! Bradey gets so excited about the pennies...maybe I will have to do something like this after he fills up his book.

:dance3: Yay! Can't believe how close our trips are!!! :dance3:

Oh Ann, I'm so sorry about your loss. :( I have been there, three times....and it's HARD. Take care of yourself & remember to give yourself grace to grieve.

Your pressed penny necklace is awesome. Love. Love. Love it. You are so incredibly creative!

Hang in there- vacay is almost here!!!

Hey Ann,

Too cool about Greg...

All you cool kids are going in August...:confused3 ... but we're headed out tomorrow for our trip so I can't complain too much...:goodvibes

(Eric's been working a bit in Maine-Portland... so I've heard all about your weather... actually he prefers it to our swampy Philadelphia summers...;)

Loving the chickens... David is desperate for a bee hive... so Eric has being joking about getting chickens too... if we grow some veggies... we can be partially self sustaining...

Love the ribbons...

Hi Patricia!!! From what I've read of your trip, it's been awesome so far!! And yes, I believe that chickens are essential in anyone's backyard! My veggies have been growing like weeds and so far we've eaten wax beans and cukes. The corn is almost ready and we'll be harvesting the potatoes AFTER we get back from Disney!! We could never be self sustaining --- I like my meat way too much and I could never raise an animal to turn around and eat them....NOPE!!! :crazy2:

You are soooo close to your trip! So exciting!!!!

It seems like just yesterday I read your TR from last August..and now here you are again!

Love the new bows! Zebra is perfect for AK. And great finds at Goodwill!! WooHoo!!

Everything is coming into place.........now you just have to enjoy the rest of summer (don't wish it away please, for my sake..even if it means getting your trip closer!!) :)

Oh, I would never wish away the summer, but here we are with only 13 days to go!! :cheer2: It's unbelievable! We had Kali over all weekend and we were all outside for most of the weekend. The girls went in the pool and I've taken some really cool pics of them. Peter was working on the roof of the chicken pen (yes, the little ones have figured out how to fly out!! :rotfl2:) As for me it was laundry, etc, and also sitting outside for a bit. I'll have to get some pictures on once I've uploaded them. Thanks for the compliments on the bows. I'm real busy trying to hem shorts up for myself and I have one more craft project for Disney that I'm hoping to finish up!

So close!!! That is fantastic about the jewelry and so many good finds! Cutie is sooooooooooooooo...CUTE! :lmao:

Yeah, I love that dog to bits and bits and bits!!

Hey Ann!
It's Alyssa from your august share! I can't even tell you how excited I am that you found those Mickey flash drives! eep! I'm so excited to get one! yay for an awesome find!! ps. have i paid you yet? because i feel like i need to get on that!

Hi Alyssa!!! I was so thrilled to find those flash drives. How perfect, huh???

Ann, first off, I'm so very sorry. There's just not much more I can say, there aren't any words that will make it better or take it back. I wish I could find something other than sorry! :hug:

23 days out! Get packing woman! A huge dose of DISNEY is what you need. I cannot wait to hear all about it. I want pics on FB of you and Erin! The penny bracelet is an awesome idea! Great keepsake!

Yeah, as you can see, I've taken a little bit of time for myself lately. Thank you for the condolences. We are doing better now, but it was hard. Even though the baby wasn't planned, it was still loved very much. Actually, my coworker Nicky is also a medium who states that she thought it was a boy and that he's the one that chose to be here for even that short period of time. He chose us to be his parents and there was nothing that we could have done differently. This is how it was meant to be. Well, her words gave me more peace than anything else had. Whether people believe in those types of powers or not, it comforted us, so that's what really matters. Peter wants to put a little stone in the family cememtary with the baby's name and year. We are thinking about James Micheal. I know some people will probably think it's crazy, but we want to remember him and since Peter never had any children of his own, this means a lot to him.

Thank you for the compliment on the penny bracelet. I loved the idea when I saw it!!!

Oh Ann, I am so very very sorry. I'll keep you in my prayers that your sorrow will lessen.

Thank you Lisa!! :grouphug:

Anne I am so sorry to hear about all that you went through.:hug:

I pray that God comforts you.:hug:

BTW: I was jealous when I saw your picture of the suitcases, I thought you were all packed!:rolleyes1

Needless to say, I haven't even pulled out the suitcases!:confused3:rolleyes1

Nope....not packed yet.....working on planning outfits etc right now. And shortening capris into shorts. I still have a bit to do, but it will all be done soon!!

Ann I am so sorry for all that you guys have been going through :hug: I feel for you...I feel for Peter, being POA must be just so incredibly hard. Just not a position I ever want to be in. I hope you can get out of the Stark property...where is Stark anyway?? Gotta go look on MapQuest :thumbsup2

Hopefully getting back to Disney will ease some of your pain. Disney magic has a way of doing that :hug:

Totally agree with you about the MagicBand testing. I am glad I am not in it. I just wish it was a real test and if you have a MB, you can only use the FP+, not the regular FP. Otherwise, what are they getting out of it?? Don't get me wrong, I am very happy for those that get to test them...but they need to realize they have a HUGE advantage over us, and I hope they leave some FPs for us in the afternoons. It's not their fault, I just wish Disney would do a real test, not this half and half stuff.

All of Peter's stuff fits in a carryon?? My hubby's might, if it was a normal week vacation, but we need at least 2 sets of clothes for each day, that's 14-16 sets of clothes. No way would those fit in a carryon! Teach me oh wise one :worship:

Love love love your penny project! Bradey gets so excited about the pennies...maybe I will have to do something like this after he fills up his book.

:dance3: Yay! Can't believe how close our trips are!!! :dance3:

Hey Suzi!!! OMG can you believe how close the trips are now???!!!! Wow!!! Yeah, Peter's clothes do fit in a carry on. We all bring enough closes for 6 days and then I was everything mid-way through the trip. It just makes packing way easier! We definitely don't do the 2 sets of clothes for each day....

It looks like we both got lunch ressies for BOG!! I'm soooo excited for this and hope it really works out. I can't wait to see it live and in person! Yes, a huge dose of Disney is what we all need at this point! Thank you for the condolences.

Oh Ann, I'm so sorry about your loss. :( I have been there, three times....and it's HARD. Take care of yourself & remember to give yourself grace to grieve.

Your pressed penny necklace is awesome. Love. Love. Love it. You are so incredibly creative!

Hang in there- vacay is almost here!!!

Hey Nicole......thank you for the kind words. Sometimes I think I'm crazy to have been so sad, but really, it's a loss, whether it was planned or not, it was still a loss and it hurt! All we can do at this point is hang in there.....13 MORE DAYS!!!!

Ann, I am so sorry to hear what a difficult couple of weeks you have had. You are in my thoughts often. :hug:

Thanks Shannon!!! Can't wait to meet you at 1900 Park Fare!! I'll be wearing a princess shirt I've made....Hopefully you will like it as I worked pretty hard on that one!

And here is the required picture that every post needs.....

From 2011 Disney trip.......:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter