Boulder Ridge - IMpossible at 7 months?

Same here. At 11 am on opening day at 11 months, I could not get one full week at BRV for the first week of December. Just crazy! Waitlisted the one day I couldn’t get, got it 2 mos. later. Still, this has never happened to us in the 7 years as owners.
Man. That really stinks.

Hi All,

I am a recent owner at Board Walk. We loved our resort but would like to check out others too. Boulder Ridge is on the husbands list. I am looking at studios at 7 months out to even a bit further and this is all booked. 1 bedroom looks wide open.

Just curious, if there is a month with better odds.

Thanks, Teresa
We’re owners at Boulder Ridge, I still call VWL. We feel the same. We always stay at our home resort because it’s impossible to get another place at the 7 month time window. I was thinking wouldn’t it be great/helpful if DVC can set up something that owners can switch resorts? Get matched, for example: I own @ Boulder Ridge & would like to stay st BC. Match me with someone who owns at BC & would like to stay at BR. I know it’s not a simple thing to do but you never know. As far as to better your chances, anytime kids are in school you’ll have a better chance. Studios do go first. You may have to get a 1 BR.

We’re owners at Boulder Ridge, I still call VWL. We feel the same. We always stay at our home resort because it’s impossible to get another place at the 7 month time window. I was thinking wouldn’t it be great/helpful if DVC can set up something that owners can switch resorts? Get matched, for example: I own @ Boulder Ridge & would like to stay st BC. Match me with someone who owns at BC & would like to stay at BR. I know it’s not a simple thing to do but you never know. As far as to better your chances, anytime kids are in school you’ll have a better chance. Studios do go first. You may have to get a 1 BR.

yes - i do like the idea of an exchange.. smart

We own at BRV's and booked on day one for the first week in December and were waitlisted. Not happy with this at all. I admit that I didn't get up at 5 am (we are on the west coast) but seriously it shouldn't be this hard. I just hope that when the 7 month window opens up that people will shift around. Right now I wouldn't consider buying again (we have loved it for 15 years) but it's just getting too hard to get what you want.
Same here. At 11 am on opening day at 11 months, I could not get one full week at BRV for the first week of December. Just crazy! Waitlisted the one day I couldn’t get, got it 2 mos. later. Still, this has never happened to us in the 7 years as owners.
This is crazy. My DH and I are thinking of adding on points at BRV just for the early December trips we plan to take once I retire in two years. This really scares me. I would definitely book right at 11 months out, but it looks like that might not matter. I hope this changes in the next couple of years before I'm ready to add on.

We own at BRV's and booked on day one for the first week in December and were waitlisted. Not happy with this at all. I admit that I didn't get up at 5 am (we are on the west coast) but seriously it shouldn't be this hard. I just hope that when the 7 month window opens up that people will shift around. Right now I wouldn't consider buying again (we have loved it for 15 years) but it's just getting too hard to get what you want.

Wow that’s ridiculous at 11 months!
Just curious what room types?
Thanks
Kerri

I think the first two weeks of December will get worse as people buy resale at the resort they want and book at 11 months. It also becomes self-fulfilling, because people know they won't get to switch at 7 months.

I think the first two weeks of December will get worse as people buy resale at the resort they want and book at 11 months. It also becomes self-fulfilling, because people know they won't get to switch at 7 months.

Yep. Get shut out once and you'll do what you can to not have that happen. You certainly won't forget to book right at 8am at 11 months anyway.

Studio the first week of December.
Well, that two hard to get reservations - BRV the first week of Dec and BRV studio first week of Dec. Since CCR doesn't have studios that sleep five (plus one - stupid stuffing), BRV is always going to hard to book a studio, especially during the first week of Dec. I'd bet people were walking that reservation.

is it year round that its been hard to get a studio at BRV at 7months or just certain times of the year?

is it year round that its been hard to get a studio at BRV at 7months or just certain times of the year?

At 11 months it's just a few times of the year - most especially the first week of Dec. I'd say the availability has gotten tighter since they added the murphy bed to the studio so it sleeps 5 and I recommend always trying to book right when the 11 month window opens though to get the room.

Well, that two hard to get reservations - BRV the first week of Dec and BRV studio first week of Dec. Since CCR doesn't have studios that sleep five (plus one - stupid stuffing), BRV is always going to hard to book a studio, especially during the first week of Dec. I'd bet people were walking that reservation.

I would guess that CCV will be rough, especially when CCV sells through. 84 max studios, and all those points sold on cabins? Obvious outcome is obvious.

Absolutely people were walking.

Our waitlist form BRV has still not come through and tomorrow is our 7 month window. Is it worth it to call at 5 am PST to try and get something else. Would love anything on the monorail. When I check availability is shows everything booked. Don't want to get up that early if there's no advantage.

Our waitlist form BRV has still not come through and tomorrow is our 7 month window. Is it worth it to call at 5 am PST to try and get something else. Would love anything on the monorail. When I check availability is shows everything booked. Don't want to get up that early if there's no advantage.
I'd wait a day or two. You might have another BRV owner canceling and freeing up your studio. You could add a second waitlist though.

With nothing showing to give a legitimate try for I'd say there's little point in doing that. I'd set up a second waitlist for another resort but unless you're willing to book a 1BR you're just going to be waiting and crossing your fingers. The first week in Dec is the most popular DVC week and you're at a point of waiting for someone to cancel. You should also check for availability periodically for locations that you don't have waitlisted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter