Booted from AKL Club Level for 50th Celebration Week…*update page 15*

Our next trip starts later September in an AKL Value studio. Per MS this morning, we are not on the list to have our room moved, but said that may change.

We didn't ask why people were being moved, we just didn't want to sit and wait for a call and were hoping to get it taken care of today if it included our reservation.

Why wouldn’t you do exterior and fence work when the majority of the hotel was shut but wait until the super packed 50th anniversary month?

Maybe so they had a place to move DVC guests at the same location? If this work is impacting DVC rooms, had they done when the hotel was closed, those owners and guests would have to be sent to a different hotel.

Again, if it is outside work, it probably impacts many rooms and the cash guests will simply be placed in rooms on the other side of the hotel.

You contact DVC Member Services and ask to speak to a manager. If they cannot do anything for you, ask for their manager and so on up the chain.
lol I asked the OP how THEY handled it. but I do get your "Karen" inuendo. nice

I am now even more curious as to what specific maintenance/work this is.
For now seem to be taking rooms out of inventory one at a time over at least a two month period.

At least one club studio and one value studio is involved, maybe a club level studio burst a pipe, and affected the value studio downstairs ... :P
Aren't the "club level" DVC rooms on the opposite side as the value studios? idk i really can't remember- now that I think about it, I remember seeing the "back" staircase up to the lounge.

I have never used my points for Club but we have stayed CL a few times-I love the staff there and you can't beat the convenience.

just curious, did u have to walk this reservation to get the most sought after booking during the most sought after time ??

Aren't the "club level" DVC rooms on the opposite side as the value studios? idk i really can't remember- now that I think about it, I remember seeing the "back" staircase up to the lounge.

I have never used my points for Club but we have stayed CL a few times-I love the staff there and you can't beat the convenience.
The club villas are on the 6th floor above the lobby. The value villas are on the 5th floor on one of the 2 trails (Giraffe & Ostrich) at the front of the building.

We were at Kidani this past weekend and the large poles outside off the lobby that frame the roof on the savanna overlook side looked really bad, the paint was really bubbled up and parts where it looked like it was sliding down rippled all the way and rusting. I hope that these are the things that are getting repaired, if they are moving people due to renovations. If they are painting and pressure washing outside of the unit you are staying in I wouldn’t be happy for the noise or intrusion so I get why they are moving folks.

Following a thread in a DVC Facebook group, it seems like this is happening for people with reservations throughout August and one person who had a reservation Sept 10-15.

One person said they spoke with a CM who said there will be refurbishment happening beginning in August through October. Another person said "There are refurbishments happening August - October for both Jambo and Kidani. The overlook at Kidani will be closed and so will the Sunset Terrace area at Jambo." without saying where they got that information from.

I have a value studio for a week in September and a week in October and will share if I hear anything!

So, here to provide an additional data point.
I have upcoming stay at AKL Jambo Value studio Aug 18-24, and Aug 27-30.
Just got a call from MS that my Aug27-30 part is impacted, and I will be moved to a savanna room on the hotel side.

This seem to give us a good indicator on when the maintenance/work will start. Since this indicate a pretty significant amount of time for the work (more than a month), I wonder are they doing the planned hard refurb 2 years early?
This is reassuringl. Thank you for sharing! We are also at jambo in a value studio from august 18-22 and I’d seen a lot of posts in Facebook groups so I was getting concerned!

This is reassuringl. Thank you for sharing! We are also at jambo in a value studio from august 18-22 and I’d seen a lot of posts in Facebook groups so I was getting concerned!

Just FYI, there has been other reports of value room being moved from earlier in August (2nd week) in this thread.
So we have no definitive answer on whether your reservation will be impacted or not.
Probably will have to just wait or call in to ask.

Just FYI, there has been other reports of value room being moved from earlier in August (2nd week) in this thread.
So we have no definitive answer on whether your reservation will be impacted or not.
Probably will have to just wait or call in to ask.
Thanks for the update! Was trying to read through them all :) we’d be fine with a swap to hotel side if need be but hope they could accommodate with a microwave loan since my daughter has so many food aversions we do use our kitchenette. I’ll wait and see if we get the call.

I am currently in an AKV Value Studio for the first 2 nights of a 7 night trip in early September. I have waitlisted Riviera Tower Studio for those two nights as that's where I am the remaining 5 nights. It will not bother me in the least if they move me over to the hotel side of AKL . . . in fact I'm jealous of the recent renovation they had for the bathrooms. BUT, if I get a call about it I "might" ask if there is any way they could put me at Riviera Tower Studio instead since my next 5 nights are there. I know, I know - it's a long shot, but "they can't hit ya" for asking. :crazy2:

Fortunately, I am in a position that it is not a hindrance for me either way, but I can certainly understand the issue if you are there for a significant amount of time and counted on the kitchenette.

Thanks for the update! Was trying to read through them all :) we’d be fine with a swap to hotel side if need be but hope they could accommodate with a microwave loan since my daughter has so many food aversions we do use our kitchenette. I’ll wait and see if we get the call.

There are also posts of club level guests being asked to move the first two weeks of August on the other board

I called this morning to see if my friend who is using my DVC points will be affected. I was told the dates are July 30-sometime in October. She couldn't tell me the reason for the moves. She also couldn't tell me if my reservation will be affected, but if it will be, I should be getting a call soon. So, my question is whether the people in value studios are being given savanna view hotel rooms. Also, are the hotel rooms the same size as the value studios? I know no kitchenette. Any other differences? I'm curious what those who are booked in 1-BRs and 2-BRs are being moved to.

I called this morning to see if my friend who is using my DVC points will be affected. I was told the dates are July 30-sometime in October. She couldn't tell me the reason for the moves. She also couldn't tell me if my reservation will be affected, but if it will be, I should be getting a call soon. So, my question is whether the people in value studios are being given savanna view hotel rooms. Also, are the hotel rooms the same size as the value studios? I know no kitchenette. Any other differences? I'm curious what those who are booked in 1-BRs and 2-BRs are being moved to.

Savanna hotel room is what's told to me on the phone. I do not have any confirmation via MDE yet.
the hotel room is actually bigger and newer than the value rooms, 2 queen bed no sofa, laminate wood floor, better shower, no kitchenette, and not sure about access to DVC laundry room.

Savanna hotel room is what's told to me on the phone. I do not have any confirmation via MDE yet.
the hotel room is actually bigger and newer than the value rooms, 2 queen bed no sofa, laminate wood floor, better shower, no kitchenette, and not sure about access to DVC laundry room.
So if there is no kitchenette, is there anything? Does that mean no refrigerator even? Can you request a microwave?

As Sandis said, it is only 10 rooms, not 30 or 40 as OP seems to imply.
They have not announced return of Club level services and lounge at Jambo. Since Jambo is finally opening though, they could be intending to try to open it in 2021. But they have stated all along, and it is on the website, if you book a club room, and club lounge is not operating, you will be refunded the difference in points of club vs standard room. So the OP is not being cheated in any way. Surely she knew the club lounge was not open when she booked it. It is too bad she is being forced to move against her will, but no shenanagins going on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!