Booted from AKL Club Level for 50th Celebration Week…*update page 15*

To me, I’m chalking this up to poor IT combined with poor customer service with under trained/overloaded staff rather then any malice but I’ve underestimated their greed before so who knows.

Im chalking it up to DVC doing fraudulent and legitimately illegal things for the last 10 years (hows Jim Lewis doing these days?). The culture there has been in the trash heap for some time now and it would take a lot of effort and goodwill to earn that trust back.

If there is malice involving the 50th celebration, why are some on here stating that their August reservation is being affected? It wouldn't be that long of a span if it was a VIP event for the 50th, would it?

If there is malice involving the 50th celebration, why are some on here stating that their August reservation is being affected? It wouldn't be that long of a span if it was a VIP event for the 50th, would it?

It doesnt have to be malice, it could also be negligence.

Maybe they are spiffing up the rooms for those VIPs.

i am going to add why AKV Jambo which is not close to any of the parks?

If this was an illegal grab to house important people or whatever, why not do maintenance on BLT or VGF?

Heck VGF is going through a soft goods refurb this year so that already has a reason to move people.

i am just not ready to buy this is anything more than what it is or that it involves Disney and their hotel and DVC rooms are a casualty of that.

Has there been an official announcement of when AKL club is reopening? My understanding is that currently those in those 6th floor villas are keeping their villas but being refunded points to standard view, OP at a minimum should get a partial points refund, IMO. Personally I’d ask for a savanna view lower floor room on Zebra trail w/ a refund of points to reflect the downgrade from club to savanna view. For the posters being moved from value villas I’d ask for lower floor partial savanna view on Kudu or Zebra trail, hoping to avoid one of those lower floor rooms overlooking the parking lot on Ostrich or Giraffe trails. At least w/ AKV they’re offering moves w/in Jambo, unlike the poster booted from CCV who was offered SSR or cancel :(.
I wonder how they’re accommodating the people w/ 1 & 2 bedrooms, a studio is somewhat like a hotel room, but the 1 & 2 bedrooms have full kitchens, washer/dryer, living room, etc., few, if any, hotel rooms at WDW offer all that.

i am going to add why AKV Jambo which is not close to any of the parks?

If this was an illegal grab to house important people or whatever, why not do maintenance on BLT or VGF?

Heck VGF is going through a soft goods refurb this year so that already has a reason to move people.

i am just not ready to buy this is anything more than what it is or that it involves Disney and their hotel and DVC rooms are a casualty of that.
I broadly agree with you, but I think we as owners should be checking this out and verifying because if we see anything noteworthy, we need to bring ito the association meetings and authorities.

At the end of the day, we put major trust on DVD to manage our club above board, and these cancellations are certainly questionable and should be questioned. Especially given the rude attitude being provided by member services to many who are impacted.

I broadly agree with you, but I think we as owners should be checking this out and verifying because if we see anything noteworthy, we need to bring ito the association meetings and authorities.

At the end of the day, we put major trust on DVD to manage our club above board, and these cancellations are certainly questionable and should be questioned. Especially given the rude attitude being provided by member services to many who are impacted.

Getting more info is always good. Personally though given we now know that August is impacted it certainly doesn’t appear to have anything to do with the 50th.

But I do not agree there is anything that supports questionable behavior.

I can understand the suspicion of moving people from AKV Club rooms. But I don't really see how Disney makes out by moving someone from a Value room to a regular hotel side room. While the rooms have different layouts, wouldn't the pricing be similar? I just don't see how they make more money by selling AKV Value studios versus AKL rooms.

Wow.... How did you handle that? the rude contrite response? I understand things happen, but that was unnecessary. Of course you should get the point difference back!
You contact DVC Member Services and ask to speak to a manager. If they cannot do anything for you, ask for their manager and so on up the chain.

Sounds suspicious to me, however regardless of why, you are being downgraded and need a better option as the one you were offered is not acceptable. It will be an uphill battle but it sounds like DVC just expects people to be happy to be housed in a tent in the parking lot if that is all that is left. Wow, I'm sorry and don't give in!

I'd like to know why DVC thinks a studio-to-hotel room trade is the same for both club level AND value rooms? In other words- why are value room reservations being offered the same switch as club level?? Are they going to give you back the point difference between your club reservation and that of a value????

I would definitely write Terri and the satisfaction team.

I'd like to know why DVC thinks a studio-to-hotel room trade is the same for both club level AND value rooms? In other words- why are value room reservations being offered the same switch as club level?? Are they going to give you back the point difference between your club reservation and that of a value????

I would definitely write Terri and the satisfaction team.

They have not been charging anyone club level points since the lounge is closed, They are only charged the price of a standard view room

So, I imagine it will be the same case, as there has still not been a date announced for the lounge to reopen.

Someone on another group said DVC is in the process of calling 500 reservations that are affected by this. A person who seemed to have knowledge said "There are renovations happening to the exterior of both Jambo and Kidani August - October. They are renovating the fencing around the overlook and doing repairs."

Someone on another group said DVC is in the process of calling 500 reservations that are affected by this. A person who seemed to have knowledge said "There are renovations happening to the exterior of both Jambo and Kidani August - October. They are renovating the fencing around the overlook and doing repairs."
Why would this affect only DVC though? Wouldn't that also affect the hotel side as well? Not mention Kidani.

If we think we may be affected by this, should we call to find out? I don't know if I can just sit back and wait to be called. If so, who do we call? MS?

Why would this affect only DVC though? Wouldn't that also affect the hotel side as well? Not mention Kidani.

If we think we may be affected by this, should we call to find out? I don't know if I can just sit back and wait to be called. If so, who do we call? MS?

It very well could be impacting hotel rooms. The difference is that AKL is opening only August 26th. The offer is to go to a hotel room at AKL so it’s not full.

Cash guests would simply not be placed on the floors that house DVC. They will just be given another room. So for them, there is no notification needed. Rooms are not assigned to them until no more than a week out.

The announced reopening date for the AKL Hotel is August 26, 2021, which has about 1200 rooms. They may have already blocked the hotel inventory they need to take care of the renovation work.

If you are worried, I'd start with MS. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter