Boorish behavior

Do the CMs not clear out the towels after certain time? Where are the people? They can’t all be in the pool
No. It seemed like the rule / expectation was if there were clips on the chairs the towels stayed. I my be wrong but I sat beside several chairs that had towels clipped to them all day and didnt see anyone use them. The cruise was still awesome but the chair thing was a bit funny.

No. It seemed like the rule / expectation was if there were clips on the chairs the towels stayed. I my be wrong but I sat beside several chairs that had towels clipped to them all day and didnt see anyone use them. The cruise was still awesome but the chair thing was a bit funny.

That's the opposite of how it should work. If there are clips there holding towels and seats for people who aren't even there, those should be the first ones the CMs clear up.

I posted previously that I had not witnessed much of the complaints here, but I can now add to this. On our cruise 2 weeks a go, my DS got to the theater before us. He was in the middle of a row. There were empty seats next to him, but it would have meant climbing through people's knees to get to the seats. The whole row directly behind him was empty except for 1 woman sitting on the aisle seat. I thought we could use that row and sit behind my son. We started to enter the row and the woman stopped us, stretching her arms out to indicate she was saving those seats. She did not seem to speak english, I told her she wasn't allowed to save seats, but she wouldn't budge to let me pass. I could not go around to enter from the other side, because it was the 1/2 row next to the production booth. About 5 minutes after I climbed over the knees of the people in my son's row, 8 people from her family showed up to claim the row. It just made me so mad.

I really wish Disney would do a better job of enforcing the policy of no seat saving.

I posted previously that I had not witnessed much of the complaints here, but I can now add to this. On our cruise 2 weeks a go, my DS got to the theater before us. He was in the middle of a row. There were empty seats next to him, but it would have meant climbing through people's knees to get to the seats. The whole row directly behind him was empty except for 1 woman sitting on the aisle seat. I thought we could use that row and sit behind my son. We started to enter the row and the woman stopped us, stretching her arms out to indicate she was saving those seats. She did not seem to speak english, I told her she wasn't allowed to save seats, but she wouldn't budge to let me pass. I could not go around to enter from the other side, because it was the 1/2 row next to the production booth. About 5 minutes after I climbed over the knees of the people in my son's row, 8 people from her family showed up to claim the row. It just made me so mad.

I really wish Disney would do a better job of enforcing the policy of no seat saving.

But if Disney HAD wnforced the no seat saving policy, the seats next to her wouldn’t have been empty, so you’d have to climb over knees either way. . .

Sorry I can’t figure out pictures. This was 9:30 Am

https://www.flickr.com/gp/160680831@N04/7f8V88

Here you go:

45109721965_84b39fc1b7_b.jpg

I have not tried it yet, but someone told me that when they wanted a pool chair on another cruise (Carnival), they asked a worker if they could help them find a chair by the pool and that the nice worker went over to one of the saved chairs and asked loudly if this chair was anyone's. When they didn't get an answer, they removed the towel and let them have it. The people serving drinks want people in the chairs and not towels.

Do the CMs not clear out the towels after certain time? Where are the people? They can’t all be in the pool
Not much difference at the resorts, they only remove the towels when it rains or closes. If they remove the towels then people would have to get more towels when, or if, they come back, maybe Disney thought of that and are trying to save a few bucks.

We got off the Magic yesterday, it was our 17th Disney cruise and I thought I had seen it all. Nope. We had a wine tasting in Keys, and amazingly someone insisted on bringing their small child. The staff tried to talk them out of it but they ended up there, with the child. Yet another "adult only" situation on the ship where parents just break the rules whenever they want. Quiet cove, Cove Cafe, now wine tastings. I'm not even surprised anymore. We spoke to the Sommelier about it after the tasting and he apologized and said he felt like they were gong to make a scene if he tried to make them leave. I couldn't help but take a picture of them, which I will not post. DCL should just stop advertising "adult only" areas since they clearly don't want to consistently enforce the rules in those areas.

We got off the Magic yesterday, it was our 17th Disney cruise and I thought I had seen it all. Nope. We had a wine tasting in Keys, and amazingly someone insisted on bringing their small child. The staff tried to talk them out of it but they ended up there, with the child. Yet another "adult only" situation on the ship where parents just break the rules whenever they want. Quiet cove, Cove Cafe, now wine tastings. I'm not even surprised anymore. We spoke to the Sommelier about it after the tasting and he apologized and said he felt like they were gong to make a scene if he tried to make them leave. I couldn't help but take a picture of them, which I will not post. DCL should just stop advertising "adult only" areas since they clearly don't want to consistently enforce the rules in those areas.

"The Entitles" live on......

This is EXTREMELY disappointing. Who cares if they make a scene?? Disney CMs need to feel empowered to enforce the rules no matter the pushback they might receive from entitled rule-breakers.

Does this mean that we have to threaten to "make a scene" every time they won't enforce the rules? I'm kind of being serious here. If they don't, I won't be sailing with DCL. Making rules and then not enforcing them just gives the entitled people a huge advantage since I'm not going to save seats in the theater or grab all the deck chairs. It makes it easier for them. Ugh!

The cynic is me is imaging them explaining that "Junior" is very mature for his age, and has such an advanced palate that he appreciates fine wine like an adult and therefore belongs there. *insert rolling eyes here*

We were onboard the Magic a few weeks ago and my daughter (15) and son (10) were in the theater seated about 10 minutes before the variety show was set to start. They were in the back row or next to last row as I entered the theater. There row was empty except for them, but they knew not to save any seats for the other 4 of us, as we were a few minutes behind them. They were hoping that the seats would be empty when we got there. As I started to sit down, an older lady approached my daughter from the center aisle and told her very loudly that she needed this row and that my daughter needed to move NOW! My daughter started to say that she and her brother were sitting there and the older lady spoke over her very loudly and said "My group is sitting with the wheelchair (a row behind) and we want these seats, move somewhere else!" What a rude old bat! I told my daughter, come on, let's just sit somewhere different. It isn't worth arguing with someone who has no decent manners. And we moved down closer to the stage (into what were actually better seats.) If the lady would've just asked instead of ordering my daughter to move, she would've moved without any issue. The CM stationed in the back of the theater ran down to where we were sitting to thank us for accommodating that lady. The CM confirmed that those seats were not reserved for people accompanying the wheelchair, but thanked us for making her job easier.

Some people are plain rude, and also figure that they can bully a young person. So disappointing.

Does this mean that we have to threaten to "make a scene" every time they won't enforce the rules? I'm kind of being serious here. If they don't, I won't be sailing with DCL. Making rules and then not enforcing them just gives the entitled people a huge advantage since I'm not going to save seats in the theater or grab all the deck chairs. It makes it easier for them. Ugh!

The cynic is me is imaging them explaining that "Junior" is very mature for his age, and has such an advanced palate that he appreciates fine wine like an adult and therefore belongs there. *insert rolling eyes here*

I agree. If it happens in a tasting I've paid for and the CMs refuse to enforce the rules, I will be more than happy to announce that I am going to Guest Services to demand a refund since it is not the adult-only activity I paid for and if anyone else wants to join me, they are welcome to. I'll also be more than willing to visit Guest Services any time I see CMs allowing children into adult only areas - and I'll be happy to mention by name the CM who was allowing it.

And yes, when I see CMs enforcing adult only areas, I make a note of their names and I then go to Guest Services and compliment them by name for enforcing adult only rules. Because I'm fairly sure the people asked to remove their precious snowflake are heading down there to complain. So far I have not encountered them complaining at the counter when I get there, but you'd better bet I'll defend the CM to the hilt if I ever do.

Cruises are supposed to be relaxing. I don't want to spend any of my vacation time running to guest services to complain about an entitled snowflake. My time is more valuable than that.

DH and I were on a cruise (different cruise line) and as we disembarked I boarded the bus to the airport while DH made sure our luggage was stowed underneath. This was after waiting in line and being bumped back two buses because of other passengers crowding in front of us. An older man wanted the seat next to mine and I tried to explain that it was for my DH. The guy loudly complained, "Saving seats again." say whut? I could have just ripped him a new one, but it just wasn't worth the aggravation. Fortunately he moved on, so I didn't have to get more assertive.

Cruises are supposed to be relaxing. I don't want to spend any of my vacation time running to guest services to complain about an entitled snowflake. My time is more valuable than that.

DH and I were on a cruise (different cruise line) and as we disembarked I boarded the bus to the airport while DH made sure our luggage was stowed underneath. This was after waiting in line and being bumped back two buses because of other passengers crowding in front of us. An older man wanted the seat next to mine and I tried to explain that it was for my DH. The guy loudly complained, "Saving seats again." say whut? I could have just ripped him a new one, but it just wasn't worth the aggravation. Fortunately he moved on, so I didn't have to get more assertive.

BUT if Guest Services is not made aware that it is a problem, they cannot help train their CMs to enforce regulations with minimal issues from guests and the issue just gets exacerbated. And in the event of a tasting, if I go when it is clear the snowflake is not going to be made to leave, I'm not out time I would have been doing anything other than the tasting which I would not be able to enjoy with an underage snowflake there anyway.

It's like the people who complain after the face about bad service in the MDR but when questioned after reporting it on here say "I didn't want to spend my time complaining". They can't fix what they don't know.

Whether they make a scene or not, they should have been told to remove the child or called security to do so. It may have been an issue for a few minutes but the rest of the wine tasting could then go on as planned. Until or unless Disney starts to address these entitled, rule breaking guests in all of its parks, hotels and ships, the problem will continue to get worse. It would help if Disney started to empower their employees to enforce the rules and to call security on these folks if they refuse to comply.

Whether they make a scene or not, they should have been told to remove the child or called security to do so. It may have been an issue for a few minutes but the rest of the wine tasting could then go on as planned. Until or unless Disney starts to address these entitled, rule breaking guests in all of its parks, hotels and ships, the problem will continue to get worse. It would help if Disney started to empower their employees to enforce the rules and to call security on these folks if they refuse to comply.

This. And if people would take the time to complain that rules are not being enforced (and compliment those CMs who do enforce it), we might see more feeling of empowerment to do something about it.

That is very disappointing... this isn't the only bar I have heard of this happening at on Disney property either. It's starting to feel like the rules are more guidelines... and gray ones at that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter