Booking DVC trip online?

SCDVC2000

Earning My Ears
Hello! We’ll have our DVC contract in hand soon- my Question is about booking online at the 11 or seven month window. I understand about booking at your home resort at 11 months out, or trying to book another resort at seven months. However because I have never use the DVC member website for booking, I’m not sure what the layout is like, or how to use this. my specific question is this:

it seems to be important to be onLine Right at 8 o’clock in the morning to book 7 months out. Does the website allow you to choose your dates, rooms, etc., and then you already have this Cued up to hit submit at 8 AM, or does the whole process begin at 8 AM? I hope that made sense, thanks for the expert advice!

You can go in and set up dates, and choose resorts to search, and then at 8:00 am, hit book. it does double check availability in the background once you do, so it is possible to think it will go through and it doesn’t,

Sometimes, I have waited at the screen that says check availability but recently found you don’t need to do that,

I will say, if you hit book at 8 am, and you get you are outside your booking window, it means that during those split seconds, rooms are gone. When you refresh, you will see that,

Names do not go in until you get the room. I always just enter lead guest when booking to make process faster...because I have had the system go down..and lost a room. Once I know it’s booked, I go back and modify to add others,

You can go in and set up dates, and choose resorts to search, and then at 8:00 am, hit book. it does double check availability in the background once you do, so it is possible to think it will go through and it doesn’t,

Sometimes, I have waited at the screen that says check availability but recently found you don’t need to do that,

I will say, if you hit book at 8 am, and you get you are outside your booking window, it means that during those split seconds, rooms are gone. When you refresh, you will see that,

Names do not go in until you get the room. I always just enter lead guest when booking to make process faster...because I have had the system go down..and lost a room. Once I know it’s booked, I go back and modify to add others,
This is super helpful- thank you!

You can always add the names of your guests after the fact by emailing or using Chat.

That is a good strategy....just one name. The system is SO wishy-washy lately!

Once you get your contract and set up your online account, just go to the book your vacation tab and look around. You can always make a booking and then cancel it to see how it's done. Good luck!

Once you get your contract and set up your online account, just go to the book your vacation tab and look around. You can always make a booking and then cancel it to see how it's done. Good luck!
That’s a great idea- trying a test run

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter