Booked Bonnet Creek last night!! Now what should I request??

blessedby3

Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my userna
I finally booked Bonnet Creek since I got my YES tickets and now Im wondering what I should request on my reservation. I have a 2BR Deluxe booked in October. We have never stayed here before, and Im not sure what would best. I would love to have a view of a park/fireworks. Any suggestions?

I can't answer your question but I'm curious who did you book through? We also bought our tickets for October but I'm still debating between Windsor Hills or Bonnet Creek.

I booked through vacationstrategy.com
$119/night for our 2BR

I dont like the idea of staying off property, but BC is pretty much on property so we are trying it.

Anyone have any suggestions for a building/view request?

I would also love to her some suggestions. We are booking today. Going in May!!!

I booked through vacationstrategy.com
$119/night for our 2BR

I dont like the idea of staying off property, but BC is pretty much on property so we are trying it.

I have been waiting until after cheer tryouts for the HS to book our trip due to competition dates and such. My DD made cheer!!:banana: But that's moving my date back by a day. That's not important, but I am just SO DARN EXCITED!!:lmao:

Anyway, I will be booking this weekend with VS too because they gave me the best rate. Like you, I don't want to stay off property at all, BUT BC is as close to on property as you can get and a whole lot cheaper with much more room. we always drive to the parks anyway so that's a non issue for us. I think after this trip, my DH will never want to stay onsite again. (Maybe we can go more! :laughing:)

I thought I would bump this again for us:goodvibes

Check out the two Bonnet Creek threads. Packed with information and plenty of recommendations where to stay on property.
These are pretty looooooong threads, but good.
After reading all the posts, I am going to request Tower 5 or 6 with the lake view.

I tried to provide links, but my post count hasn't reached 10 yet...sorry.

We have stayed at BC 3 times, and have 3 weeks booked for this August, cant wait. We have always stayed in the same building, the main building where reception is. We have always requested this and always got exactly what we wanted. We like the hotel feel and don't want to be up high. The first 2 years we had pool view but then last year we had room 303 car park view but the Epcot fireworks came free! Wonderful view, could also see MK fireworks but couldn't hear them. I will be requesting this side of the building again.

Check out the two Bonnet Creek threads. Packed with information and plenty of recommendations where to stay on property.
These are pretty looooooong threads, but good.
After reading all the posts, I am going to request Tower 5 or 6 with the lake view.

I tried to provide links, but my post count hasn't reached 10 yet...sorry.

Does the lake view in these two buildings also give you a fireworks view?

Just booked for the week of April 20th and trying to decide what to request, or just take our chances?

YES is a program Disney offers for kids to attend classes and get heavily discounted park tickets. Here is a couple of links:
The main YES thread
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2861293

Here is a list of classes...you can put in your travel dates and it will show you what is available and open.

https://www.studentguest.com/yes/

They limit the class size to 10-12 from my understanding, and most will fill up.
You have to pay for the tickets when you register, and they are non-refundable, changeable, etc.

Here are some prices on tickets so you can see the savings. We saved $500 on tickets for the five of us.

http://www.disneyyouth.com/individual-enrollment/WDW/pricing/2012/non-florida/

You can get tickets for your whole (immediate) family when you have a child(ren) take a class. One parent can attend the class along with your child.

Does the lake view in these two buildings also give you a fireworks view?

Building 5 lake view does not give you a fireworks view. (although from some rooms you MIGHT be able to look off to the far side of your balcony to see a few fireworks... but I wouldn't count on it).

Building 6, some rooms may be able to see the fireworks, but you'll need to be higher up in the building. I'm not sure the 2bdrm Deluxe's would be high enough since the higher floors in that tower are all presidential units.

towers 1, 2, and 3 would be the ones with a lake view and fireworks view, again, the higher in the tower the better.

Honestly, i've personally found that the fireworks view isn't really all that great. Sure, you might be able to see some fireworks from your balcony, but the fireworks only occur for maybe 30min each night, vs. a general lake view where you can enjoy the lake in the morning before you leave to head to the parks, and at night after you return. Plus, I'm usually at the parks when the fireworks go off anyways.

Building 5 lake view does not give you a fireworks view. (although from some rooms you MIGHT be able to look off to the far side of your balcony to see a few fireworks... but I wouldn't count on it).

Building 6, some rooms may be able to see the fireworks, but you'll need to be higher up in the building. I'm not sure the 2bdrm Deluxe's would be high enough since the higher floors in that tower are all presidential units.

towers 1, 2, and 3 would be the ones with a lake view and fireworks view, again, the higher in the tower the better.

Honestly, i've personally found that the fireworks view isn't really all that great. Sure, you might be able to see some fireworks from your balcony, but the fireworks only occur for maybe 30min each night, vs. a general lake view where you can enjoy the lake in the morning before you leave to head to the parks, and at night after you return. Plus, I'm usually at the parks when the fireworks go off anyways.

True...thanks again for your insight DCTooTall..you are helping me greatly:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter