Boo To You - Sept 2015 Solo TR! - updated 19/05

Sounds like a great time at the party! You had a wonderful view of Celebrate the Magic & Wishes- great pictures!

Just did my FPs a couple of weeks ago and it was a nightmare. I don't really like the new way of picking them one at a time because I can't ever remember what time I got my previous ones haha. Also it was so annoying not being able to get any FPs for PFH and since I've had my SDMT fp changed to Splash. I was really looking forward to Star Wars fireworks and now they have the christmas ones instead and I'd been planning my full day at MK with getting to finally see MSEP but obviously that's now ended so everything is a bit up in the air atm. Not really sure how my trip is going to go now.
I'm sure your trip will go fine! I was VERY disappointed about MSEP leaving, it is/was my favorite parade outside of Boo To You. I watched it a couple times last Nov., not in Jan., then after hearing it was leaving fully planned to see it one last time in August, and completely forgot :headache: I did watch the last run on YouTube and yes, I cried!
As far as the new nighttime show at HS, I must tell you I'm excited about it and booked the dessert party for Thanksgiving night :duck:We aren't SW fans but I LOVE everything to do with Xmas so I'm really looking forward to it! Would you have interest in still seeing those fireworks? I'm sure they'll be wonderful even not SW themed :santa:

Oh, and talking Mickey lol. We haven't met him as my kids aren't huge into meeting characters anymore and when it's just DH and I, I stick to princesses or the pop up M&G's at Epcot and HS. However I've contemplated meeting talking Mickey just to have the experience but like you I feel it'll be creepy!! Have to ask my youngest again if he has any desire to try it next month.......

I'm sure your trip will go fine! I was VERY disappointed about MSEP leaving, it is/was my favorite parade outside of Boo To You. I watched it a couple times last Nov., not in Jan., then after hearing it was leaving fully planned to see it one last time in August, and completely forgot :headache: I did watch the last run on YouTube and yes, I cried!
As far as the new nighttime show at HS, I must tell you I'm excited about it and booked the dessert party for Thanksgiving night :duck:We aren't SW fans but I LOVE everything to do with Xmas so I'm really looking forward to it! Would you have interest in still seeing those fireworks? I'm sure they'll be wonderful even not SW themed :santa:

Yeh I'm still umming and ahhhing over things so I've been swapping ADRs around and all sorts of things this week. I'm wondering what the crowds are like now on non-party nights with no night time parade. Hoping that it will clear out after the fireworks. Looking forward to the new castle projection show too although I'm pretty sad that Celebrate the Magic is going.
Hahaha I'm way more of a Christmas fan than Star Wars so I think it is just fear of the unknown. I'm currently doing two half days at HS so I can see it and Fantasmic

Oh, and talking Mickey lol. We haven't met him as my kids aren't huge into meeting characters anymore and when it's just DH and I, I stick to princesses or the pop up M&G's at Epcot and HS. However I've contemplated meeting talking Mickey just to have the experience but like you I feel it'll be creepy!! Have to ask my youngest again if he has any desire to try it next month.......

Hahaha yeh blame it on the kid if it's bad :D I'm thinking of skipping the princesses I've met so far and try to get Tink (I know she's not officially one), Tiana and Merida. Haven't seen anything to confirm the princesses will definitely be meeting with their princes at the Christmas party either. Looking forward to hearing all the details in a few days

Hahaha yeh blame it on the kid if it's bad :D I'm thinking of skipping the princesses I've met so far and try to get Tink (I know she's not officially one), Tiana and Merida. Haven't seen anything to confirm the princesses will definitely be meeting with their princes at the Christmas party either. Looking forward to hearing all the details in a few days
I LOVE Merida! We did her M&G once and then last Nov. when we ate at CRT, she was actually there in place of Aurora and I was thrilled :goodvibes I think I want to do her M&G again this month and I'd really like to meet Tiana, haven't met her at all yet

I am sorry I haven't updated lately. I've just moved house so haven't had internet (and I did most of the unpacking) and now I'm at Disney. Back on Sunday so I'll crack back on to get as much done before I got back to work full time after Christmas

I am sorry I haven't updated lately. I've just moved house so haven't had internet (and I did most of the unpacking) and now I'm at Disney. Back on Sunday so I'll crack back on to get as much done before I got back to work full time after Christmas
I hope you're having a wonderful time, and I hope the crowds are lower than what we had over Thanksgiving down there lol!!

Day 8 - Another day, another Character Meal

It was time to head back to my old favourite, Tusker House!
I have to say that getting up was definitely a bit of a struggle this morning after my late night but having a fairly cool shower definitely woke me up!

I sorted myself out and managed to get to the Animal Kingdom gates by 8.15am and the Mickeys were already lit up so I knew it wouldn't be long before we were let in. My plan was to hit Dinosaur first and then head on round for a couple of rides on Expedition Everest before my breakfast at 9.40.

We were let in at 8.30 and as I headed up the right hand side of The Oasis I bumped into DeVine

First time I'd ever seen her so that was really cool. Can't even imagine how long it takes her to get into position haha

They stopped the crowds on Discovery Island but there were lots of CMs around with fossils, bones and I think I saw a couple of lizards, to keep people entertained while we waited in front of the Tree of Life

On my walk over to DI I'd also realised just how much my shorts rode up. It was very annoying. As I was deciding when I would get to change them all of the Macaws from Flights of Wonder came flying overhead and landed on the feeding station in front of the tree

At about 8.45am they started to walk everyone in the direction of all the different attractions like they do at DHS only it was MUCH more enjoyable as there were so few people. I also managed to grab a quick shot of the then still under construction Rivers of Light seating

I ended up being 2nd in line for my first attraction of the day but they held us outside the entrance to the ride

There was also a family already lining up for their FP which just seemed like such a waste. Clearly someone was not a member of the DIS :rotfl2:

After a few minutes, the line was heading back into the main portion of Dinoland, USA so they decided to let us start filing into the building. It wasn't even 9am but the aircon was already a welcome respite.

We were soon through the video room and I ended up being on the first car out. This ride hasn't got any less scary for me since riding it in 2014 so that explains my face in the picture *hangs head in shame*

When I'd escaped that ordeal I headed on over to EE.

I had been planning on going single rider but the Standby line was posted as 5 minutes so I just headed down the normal queue.
I ended up in the same car as the Mum from the family in front and omg you should have seen the look she gave me. Seriously, you'd have thought I had a t-shirt on with Mickey hanging from a noose or something!

Anyway, we were near the back of the train so I was definitely bashed around a bit. In fact I came out with a bit of a headache. Maybe I'm getting a bit too old for these kinds of rides :scared1:

But I definitely enjoyed the ride while I was on it

Instead of going for another spin on Everest I decided to slowly make my way over to Africa ready for my ADR. It was so empty it was great and lots of the refurb walls had come down so it felt more open (although not in the pic below but I liked the lights haha)

I checked in at Tusker House and only had to wait 5 minutes before my buzzer went off to be seated. While I waited I checked the weather forecast and it was 32 degrees (89F) with 91% humidity at 9.30am. No wonder I was sweating my butt off! Jeepers!

I was shown into the restaurant and ended up being sat right at the back but it was good as I could see all the characters coming. They were just starting in the main room in front of me so I figured I had time to grab some food before they arrived. To eat I went for veggie quiche, ham quiche, a sausage, scrambled egg, a mickey waffle, some smoked salmon, one of those mini doughnut things and a cheese roll thing. I also grabbed some cheesy mielie pap which was delicious!

After the disaster that was Chef Mickey's I made sure to ask my server if she was able to take a photo for me with the characters and she said it wasn't a problem. Luckily when the characters came round there were plenty of handlers around to help me out.

All in all I was in and out in about an hour and I was very very full after all that tasty food. I headed on over to the smoking area by the Lion King and unfortunately as I passed they just stopped letting people into the next showing of The Lion King so I couldn't go and slowly digest in there.

I was so full and my shorts were driving me crazy so I decided to walk (or waddle) back to the bus stop and get out of the heat.

On my way back to the entrance I found some Tamarin's and managed to get a couple of good shots

and as I wandered back over Discovery Island the beautiful Macaws came flying back in overhead

I stopped off at the shop outside the entrance to grab some more pins before heading to the bus stop. When I got there, there was already 3 other solo people waiting to catch a ride. I finally got back to the hotel at about 12.30pm and found that the money I had left out for Mousekeeping was gone but that the room hadn't been cleaned at all. No one had even made the bed. I checked outside to see if there was a cart around or one heading in my direction but there was nothing. I chilled out on my laptop editing my pictures all afternoon and still no one came round to clean the room. I managed to keep myself up until 7.30pm but then my lack of sleep was catching up with me and I could stay awake no longer....​

Last edited:
Day 9 Part 1 - Disney Springs and a Room Hop

So today was the end of my stay booked through Disney UK but I still had one more night at All-Star Movies. I had deliberately not planned anything for during the day because I wasn't sure if I was going to have to change rooms or not. I went down to reception at 8am to see if I could stay in the same room but apparently that wasn't possible so I headed back to the room to stuff everything back in my bags. I really struggled to pack everything back in my rucksack and made a mental note to never do it again haha. The woman at reception had also told me my room wasn't ready yet so I needed to figure out what to do for most of the day. I decided to go to Downtown Disney and see what trouble I could get myself into :D

I packed up everything and handed my stuff over to Bell Services before heading back to reception to check out. This time I saw a young man who said he could get me the same room but I said don't worry as I've already packed up. Then he apologised and said well at least he can get me a room that I can go straight to....seriously??? I was just marginally annoyed because literally it had been 30 minutes between my trips to reception. Just goes to show that some CMs are much more willing to be helpful than others!

I headed out to the bus stop and because of the time of day we had to head to Typhoon Lagoon first. I didn't quite realise the scope of the building work going on at DTD because in 2014 I'd only really gone there on the boat so missed out all the roadworks in the area surrounding it. I could completely understand just why there were so many complaints about it.

All in all it took about 30 mins door to door so I arrived just as it turned 10am.

First stop.....Disney Pin Traders!

I grabbed a couple of pins and then spotted a storage folder which would be really helpful as somehow I'd managed to aquire 4 lanyards of pins already :scared:

Next I wandered through World of Disney and because it was so early it was nice to be in there without it being an absolutely hectic mess.

(never noticed this above the door before - usually too busy making sure I don't tread on any small children)

It was so hot again today and I didn't really fancy wandering aimlessly in the heat so I headed on over to AMC to see if there was anything I fancied watching at the Dine-in theater bit.

As I wandered over I grabbed of the newly opened Boathouse which looked very nice

It was surprisingly busy with people but then I remembered it was yet another long weekend. I headed into the theater and the server introduced herself. I wasn't sure what I wanted to eat so I just ordered my drink. I decided to go with a Watermelon Cooler cocktail (it's 5pm somewhere right?) which was really good.

Unfortunately by the time the food came the lights had already gone out so I couldn't get a picture but the Nachos I'd chosen were very good.
I'd chosen to see the new Mission Impossible film and although I'm not a massive Tom Cruise fan I LOVE Simon Pegg so I was willing to put up with Mr Cruise for that. Overall the film was a bit silly but good fun. It's always nice to watch films that don't take themselves too seriously. Plus you gotta respect TC for doing all his own stunts.

After the cinema it was time to head back to ASMvs to get ready for my third and final MNSSHP. I debated about wearing a costume again but I decided against it for this party. By the time I got back to the hotel it was already gone 2pm. I headed to my new room which was back in the Love Bug section but just in the opposite building this time. It ended up taking a while to get my stuff brought up to the room so I didn't end up on a bus to MK until 4.30pm. Luckily the line wasn't bad and I managed to snag a seat....

Off to Magic Kingdom I go!​

That's annoying that the first CM couldn't keep you in the same room but another could!

Sounds like a nice afternoon at Disney Springs!

Day 9 Part 2 - A Final MNSSHP

Time for my final MNSSHP of the trip. :sad:

We got to MK really quickly and getting through bag check was lovely and quick as they only had party guests coming in as it was getting close to 5pm.

Even Main Street was looking quite empty compared to the last couple of days at MNSSHP which was good because it was still hot as hell!

My first port of call was Jungle Cruise because I had still not managed to ride. As I got to the ride entrance there was a bit of a queue outside the fastpass entrance but the standby line said it was only a 35 minute wait which I thought was alright but as I got closer the CM was telling everyone the ride was down and they weren't sure when it was going to be back up and running again.... :headache:

I decided to wander through Adventureland as I hadn't really spent any time there during my trip and past the wristband distribution which was located by Torgtuga Tavern. It seemed pretty quiet and what you would expect crowd wise on a Sunday party day.

I headed on over to Splash Mountain and while it was longest queue I'd seen for it all week but it was only posted 20 minutes so I got line

I ended up in front of a group of teenagers from a swim school and they were soooooo loud! It was a mixed group but there is something about the pitch of teenage girl voices that just irritates when there is a bunch of them. Anyway I was hoping and praying I wouldn't end up in the same boat as them. Luckily once again being a solo rider worked in my favour so I ended up being about 4 boats ahead of them.

Next up I headed on over to BTMRR which was a walk on and then headed back through Liberty Square and into Fantasyland where there was already a pretty substantial queue for pictures with the 7 Dwarves

So glad I have no interest in getting a picture with them or Jack and Sally. I decided to hit up the candy trails again so I went to the first one I found which was opposite Voyage of the Little Mermaid and they were giving out the soft Werther's Origins which are definitely the best in my opinion!

So I stocked up on those and then walked straight onto the Little Mermaid. After that I headed on over to Storybrook Circus and hit up the candy trail there. As I was coming out I walked past the line for Jack and Sally and the CM wasn't letting anyone else join the queue even though it didn't look that long and it was only still early on in the party. I moved on, heading down the candy trail at the back of the Barnstormer and for some reason they had moved the smoking bins back to the middle of the trail but no one was using them. Instead people were smoking down at the end of the trail by Space Mountain. I was then able to walk onto both Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear but my Buzz performance left much to be desired. Couldn't even get past the 100,000 mark *hangs head in shame*

After that I pottered through all the Candy Trails around Space Mountain and unfortunately even managed to find one handing out yoghurt covered cranberries :crazy2:

I headed on back to the Hub to see how the crowds were doing following all the drama of the last two parties and it was the quietest I'd seen it so far.

I was in need of a bit of a caffeine boost so I nipped into a completely dead Starbucks and along with my frappuccino I decided to get one of the special Halloween cupcakes. I took my purchases over to the East Plaza Garden and proceeded to get a photo of my cupcake....

.....and then I promptly dropped it.....balls!

My poor little monster was no longer really a monster.

I had my coffee and cigarette by Adventureland and then headed back to Fantasyland to watch the fireworks from there as I'd seen it recommended here on the Dis. I managed to get a seat on a little wall and got chatting to the people sat around me. Compared to the previous parties, Fantasyland was lovely and empty. Seriously it was like it was during my pre-opening ADRs.

By the time the fireworks began Fantasyland was completely at a stand still with lot's of people just chilling out on the floor which was pretty cool. Personally I wasn't a massive fan of watching the fireworks but I could understand it as a good choice if you were rushing off somewhere after the fireworks or wanted a less crowded experience. As the fireworks were coming to a close I scooted off before the crowds started to move so I managed to walk onto Haunted Mansion and BTMRR before the crowds from Main Street started to arrive.

It was getting towards being time for the second parade so I pondered where to watch it. I was pretty sure Main Street would be pretty busy so I decided to head back down to the Diamond Horseshoe. I decided to get a different perspective this time so I plonked myself down right outside the restaurant. I nattered to the lady next to me for a little while and soon the CMs came around to fix the rope into place for the crowds and they just could not find the pole which fit in the hole in front of us. Seriously at one point there were 8 or 9 CMs all trying to figure it out. [Insert a "how many CMs" joke here].

They finally figured it out and while they had been pondering their dilemma, the front row around us had filled up while the otherside was still pretty empty and it still wasn't full by the time the Headless Horseman rode past a few minutes later.

Finally it was time for the parade.....

The parade was excellent as usual but Goofy wasn't featured so I'm guessing he was having some technical difficulties. From a photography point of view my position definitely wasn't the best so I didn't get that many good shots unfortunately.

When the parade was over I headed into the opposite direction to most people and managed to hit Splash and BTMRR again before remembering I still hadn't actually seen the Hocus Pocus stage show so I dashed back to the Hub and managed to get there just as the first introductory dance routine was finishing. The whole show was amazing! The actresses playing the Sanderson Sisters were brilliant and I loved all the music. I had even managed to get a really good view but then some really tall bloke came and stood in front of me which was a little annoying.

It was about 12.20 by the time the show finished but the Hub and Main Street were still pretty busy. I headed down to the All-Star Movies bus stop and unfortuantely it was heaving. It literally took 40 minutes to get on the bus which was definitely not what I wanted. Suffice to say by the time I managed to get back to my room it was really late and I was desperate for some sleep!​

Day 10 Part 1 - A Tour of All-Star Movies

It was my last morning at All-Star Movies and I had a lunch reservation at DTD so I wasn't in too much of a rush to get my stuff sorted. First things first I had to nip down to reception to buy an extra bag because there was absolutely no way I was going to fit my new pin folder in big travel rucksack... On the plus side it meant I didn't need to pack my day rucksack full of stuff for moving resorts and my big rucksack was no longer bulging at the seams. I called for luggage services to come and get my bags and it was definitely the quickest they had arrived. I didn't have to leave for DTD for another hour so I pottered around the resort taking pictures

As I was wandering I realised that my Gel manicure had peeled off on 4 of my fingers despite it only being a week and a half old. Since I was having dinner at California Grill the following night I wanted to have nice nails! Since I was already out of the room I went to the Concierge desk to see if they could see if there was any availability at any of the spas but apparently that wasn't in the lady behind the desks' job description so she told me to call them myself using the phones in the lobby. Unfortunately I couldn't get through on the lobby phone so I ended up using my mobile (sorry Dad!). The CM on the phone was very nice and managed to get me an appointment at 4.30pm which would fit perfectly for me to get dinner before the fireworks.

It was time to head off to DTD and the bus came only a few minutes after I got there. I had timed it to incorporate stopping at Typhoon Lagoon on the way as had happened previously but this time we went directly to DTD so I ended up arriving about 45 minutes before my ADR.​

Day 10 Part 2 - A Lovely Lunch

As I had so much time to kill I pottered over to World of Disney to see if I could find the t-shirt I'd spotted around but never found in my size. Unfortunately WoD was no different and they only had it in a small >:(

I grabbed a couple of pins and decided to get a cuddly toy as I always get one (and a shot glass) whenever I'm abroad. I decided to go with a baby Simba to match the tattoo I got last year. I made my purchases and then slowly pottered around to Raglan Road for my lunch taking pictures as I went

All the construction boards were in completely different places to last year and some had come down. They were all still up around Jock Lindsey's Hanger Bar but it little did I know it would only be for another 24 hours

I was a little early for my ADR but tbh it was just nice to be back in the aircon. I was seated straight away in the main room opposite the stage but I wasn't going to be there for any of the performances unfortunately. The waitress came over straight away and I went for the Strawberry and Cucumber Mojito (it counts as one of my 5-a-day right?) and the Raglan Risotto with chicken. They brought over the bread basket which I normally don't eat but I was intrigued by the Guinness and Sugar oil dip.

It was delicious! I would definitely recommend it.

My vitamin-c for the day :D

My risotto soon came and it was bright green. I mean really green. My picture really doesn't do it justice

It was so good! I would recommend it as a meal for sure!

While I was having my lunch, there was a family seated next to me and the little boy started to lay down on the bench next to me so his mum told him if he did it again he'd have to come home with me. Well this kid gave me such a look, it was definitely difficult to keep a straight face. The threat definitely did the trick though and he sat nicely the rest of the time I was there.

I ate as much of my lunch as I could and it was soon time to head on over to the next hotel of my trip: The Contemporary!​

Day 10 Part 3 - Forgotten but not Lost

I headed over to the bus stop and it seemed to have cooled down a bit which was nice. I took about 10 minutes for the bus to arrive but the people in front of me had definitely been waiting quite a while from the comments I heard. First off we had to stop off at the Wilderness Lodge. For some reason I had it in my head that this resort was on the other side of Magic Kingdom, kind of towards Shades of Green. Anyway, from the outside the resort looks amazing! I've seen photos from other DISers of the inside so it is definitely on my list of resorts to visit/stay at. I'd love to see it with all the Christmas decorations up.

After the Wilderness Lodge stop we were finally on the way to the Contemporary. Having been there earlier in the week I kinda knew where I was heading into the hotel whereas pretty much everyone else on the bus headed in the opposite direction towards Magic Kingdom.

I went up to the Check-in desk and I was helped by a lovely CM called Johnny. I went to get out my photo I.D. only to realise I must've left my passport at Raglan Road as I'd got it out as ID for my drink. GRRR! Anyway, I gave my driving license instead and then the lovely Johnny informed that I had been upgraded to a Club Level Theme-park view room. Woop! Woop! Pixie Dust motherload :tinker:

Once I was checked in I had to wait a few minutes for another CM to come over and escort me up to the Club Level floor. Very swish! Internally I was jumping for joy but I was trying to remain calm on the outside, like this sort of thing happened all the time (which it doesn't). We got up to Club Level and I was introduced to the floor concierge who gave me the grand tour and then took me to my room. Before she left I said about my passport and the concierge said she would give them Raglan Road a call to see if they could send a runner over to go and pick the passport up. Awesome! She left and I was finally able to do my happy dance. I was soooooo excited! :tigger:

I ran over to the balcony and took a picture of the amazing view

This was definitely a view I could get used to!

I was still in the midst of exploring when there was a knock on the door and a gentleman was there to give me my "welcome chocolates." Amazing! I need to stay club level again!

Anyway, it was time for me to head to the Grand Floridian for my manicure so I started to get my stuff ready and I realised I'd managed to leave my credit card at Raglan Road as well (well actually the server didn't bring it back with my receipt). Seriously I was not having a good day.

I headed down to the Concierge desk and it was a good thing I'd brought my driver's license away with me because I was going to need photo id to pick my things up. Luckily the lady at the desk offered me a taxi voucher from the Grand Floridian to DTD to speed up having to go and grab my stuff which was very nice of her. So I went down to the front desk to get the voucher and then back up to the 4th floor to jump on the monorail. The monorail was just pulling out as I got there but luckily I only had to wait a few minutes until the next one arrived.

The monorail arrived at the Grand Floridian and I could feel myself getting all excited because it is literally my dream resort! Ever since I was a little kid and I used to come to Disney World with my family we would always come past it on the bus and I've wanted to stay there ever since. I headed into the lobby and I was struck at how pretty and calming it was in there. The piano player was just adding to the overall atmosphere and I just reiterated for me why I want to stay there. Maybe one day if I get a Disneymoon....

I wandered on round to Senses Spa and even though I was a little early, they got me settled in straight away with Dana my manicurist. I chose a plum colour to go with my purple varnish on my toes and then I noticed all the nail varnish was vegan which was great to see. Dana was very thorough and we were soon chatting away with the lady next to me who was at Disney for conference. It was probably the most I'd spoken in 5 weeks (as I'd been home alone for the previous 4). Soon it was time for Dana to start painting my nails and the colour was definitely not plum. It was much closer to a dark blue with a hint of pink. Crazy! But seeming as midnight blue is my favourite colour nail varnish I was ok with it.

Too soon though the pampering was over and it was time to head back to DTD to pick up my forgotten stuff, but not without my complimentary nail varnish, file and buffer in a cute little bag. The bag definitely came in handy because I hadn't brought a bag with me so it meant I could put my phone and things in it so I didn't have to worry about dropping them (as has been known to happen). All in all I would definitely recommend going to Senses Spa. It was very good and it was great to have a time out.

I headed back to the main building and one of the bell boys grabbed me a cab. I love the way they just whistle and one appears! I handed the driver my voucher (which included tip) and I was on my way. The journey time was so much shorter than by bus. It even made me contemplate hiring a car for my next trip. I was dropped off over on the West Side and the humidity had creeped up again so I was pretty sweaty by the time I managed to get into the air conditioning at Raglan Road. There was quite a big queue at the check-in desk and it took sooooooo long to get to the front. Eventually though I was finally back in possession of my stuff and while I was tempted to get a cab back to the Contemporary but I decided to risk it for a biscuit with the buses. Wrong decision! It took 25 minutes for the bus to arrive and in that humidity it was not a pleasant wait!

By the time I got back to the resort it was nearly 7pm. I headed up to my room to find my bags hadn't arrived yet so I called down to luggage services to have them brought up and I was finally able to relax. While I'd been out the turn-down service had been in and since it was a room for 4 with only me in it I got 4 chocolates all to myself:D

My bags arrived very quickly and by the time I'd sorted by stuff out it was nearly 8pm. I was feeling hungry so I ordered some chicken wings and gnocchi. While I waited, I set up my tripod and camera on the balcony ready for the fireworks and just as Celebrate the Magic was about to start there was a knock on my door as my food arrived. Bugger! I had them leave it on the desk and then had to leave it until after the fireworks. I had really enjoyed Wishes on my last trip and although the view was spectacular, it wasn't quite the same as being in the parks with the music and reaction of the crowd.

After the fireworks I was finally able to relax and tuck into my still hot dinner while my photos uploaded. Dinner was very tasty and I would definitely recommend either dish!

My photos finally finished by 11pm and I was able to crawl into bed ready for my next early start.​

Day 11 Part 1 - 1900 Park Fare

I did not sleep well :worried: Apparently the beds were just too comfortable for me to settle into lol and I just kept waking up. At one point I had a nosey through the curtains and apparently the lights at Magic Kingdom stay on all night which I know makes sense as when else are they going to do a lot of repairs but still it was very bright!

Unfortunately I had to be up at 6.30 in order to repack my bag (it had exploded again), shower and put on a bit of make up for my last character meal of the trip. This time I was heading over to 1900 Park Fare at The Grand Floridian. I managed to sort myself out by 7.45 so I called down for luggage services and took some pictures from the balcony while I was waiting

After I'd done that I realised I had run out of cash to leave for Mousekeeping so I left them a little note with all my candy from MNSSHP and my apologies.

After luggage services has been I headed down to get the Monorail from the 4th floor, noticing the massive tile pattern on the wall (I swear that wasn't there the other day)

So I got down to the Monorail but it was on a delayed opening which wouldn't do me any good so they directed us down to the bus stop and to let the CM down there know where we were heading. I got down to the bus stop and there was already a family chatting to the slightly harassed looking CM about going to the Poly and he let us all know there would be a bus in 10 minutes that could take us. A few seconds later though a bus going to Magic Kingdom arrived and the very nice bus driver said he would take us instead. So off we went on a little tour of the Magic Kingdom area hitting MK, TTC, Poly and then finally the Grand Floridian. This ladies and gentlemen is just one of the reasons why you trust Disney when they say leave 90 minutes to get to your ADR.....

Anyway, on the journey I had got chatting to the family going to the Poly and so we were chatting about food and the gentleman began to explain to me about Malt Vinegar and I had to inform him that in the north of England (where I'm from originally) having chips aka fries without vinegar is blasphemous. Seriously, it's the only they should be eaten (with tomato sauce and gravy of course). :worship: They were also telling me about Whispering Canyon and how much they enjoyed the interactivity. Definitely would eat there with my friends but I'm not sure I'd be willing to try it solo

Soon enough though they left to head to Ohana and I was getting off the bus at the Grand Floridian...

where even the smoking bins are posh....

:rotfl2:

It was just about park opening time when I arrived to the lobby was lovely and quiet

I checked in at 1900 Park Fare and was immediately shown in. Oh dear lord that place is small and crowded. The noise alone was enough to wake me up haha. I was sat next to one of the pretty carousel horses but I actually found the atmosphere made it difficult to take in the surroundings. On the plus side I did see my first ever other solo traveller at a character meal. I wanted to give her a thumbs up in solidarity but she didn't look up from her book.

The characters weren't due for a while so I had plenty of time to explore the buffet. It was your standard fare (as one would expect) but I was slightly disappointed there wasn't more traditional English breakfast foods like crumpets and baked beans. I mean ALL of the characters are from famous English Literature.... (Unless I missed them then I apologise haha)

For my drink I went for their juice which was very tasty

and then buffet wise I got smoked salmon, scrambled eggs, mickey waffle (mandatory), doughnut ball things, a sausage and a cheesy pastry roll thing

I managed to get about half way through my food before the characters started to arrive...

First up came Pooh and Tigger

and then Mary Poppins who said I must've been practically perfect as a child to not have a nanny....how did she know :angel:

next up came Alice

and finally came the Mad Hatter about 10 minutes after everyone else but he makes me a bit uncomfortable as far as characters so so I didn't get up and get a picture with him.

By the time I'd seen all the characters, my food was cold so I decided it was time to pay and head out into Magic Kingdom for a little while..

What an amazing room upgrade!

Pretty nail color!

Thank goodness you were able to get back your passport/credit card so quickly and easily!

You got some amazing shots from your balcony!

Lovely character photos at 1900 Park Fare!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter