Boatwrights at POR?

jen42002

DIS Veteran
We will be arriving at the Orlando airport around 5:00 pm on our first day. We are staying at POFQ. It is my husbands birthday that day so I would really like a sit down meal that night (kid friendly). We have 4, 6 year olds so running around to the parks will most likely not be an option that first night. Looking at either Boatwrights or something at DTD to stay close to home.

For those that have eaten at Boatwrights, how was your meal?

Any other suggestions close to POFQ for a TS?

Thanks!

We had dinner at Boatwrights a few week ago and everyone loved it, I had prime rib that was cooked to perfection and my DD had the seafood gumbo dish and wanted to go back again that week. Out of our group of seven we all said we would go back.

I ate at Boatwright's in Jan 09 and I thought the steak medallions dinner was fantastic. Also the Abita beer at the bar and in the restaurant is very good.

The restaurant itself, I found to be a little lacking. There is a large skeleton of a boat (hence the name) but otherwise the restaurant is kind of like a large open space between the bar and the food court. It doesn't seem to be a distinct place to me.

But, if you're staying a PO and want a convenient, veriy nice meal, yes, this is a great place to go.

I love Boatwrights as well. The other option is taking the boat from POFQ or POR to DTD for a meal at one of the restaurants there.

from POFQ is the boat to Downtown Disney. It's convenient and my daughter, who was almost four on the last trip, seemed to enjoy and remember it Just last night she asked if we were going to do the boat trip when we were discussing rides for our trip next week. That opens up a few more dining options.

We enjoyed our meal at Boatwrights. It wasn't crowded, our kids enjoyed everything and we loved walking around the resort as we weren't staying there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter