Boardwalk or Beach Club?

CampbellScot

DIS Veteran
Just looking for thoughts and perspectives. Doing a bit of research before deciding!!

thanks!!:)

Our first visit to Disney was Boardwalk,so it does hold a warm spot in my heart..but my family loves BC. This year will be our 5th stay there. So our top 2 favorites are BC and AKvillas @ Kidani.

We also drive to the parks and other Orlando areas so the Boardwalk self park is far out and just not what I want to do "walk more"

Good Luck w/ your decision and a great trip!!

Our family has stayed at both resorts. Our choice is the Beach Club because of the pool and the overall feel of the resort and since it is close enough to the Boardwalk we still manage to spend some time on the Boardwalk as well.

I love Boardwalk! There's a ton of stuff to do, good restaurants, and the rooms are nice. We had a room "on the Boardwalk" so it was fun to just sit on our balcony and watch everyone. It's also nice to be able to walk to Epcot and MGM (yes, I still call it MGM).

If you have kids along, BC is a great place to be. The pool is one of the best in disney and there is a sandy bottom area for littlier ones. Beaches & Cream is a great place for ice cream treats. Character breakfast at Cape May at BC.

We've stayed at BWI too and it's a fun place to stay as well, but the theme inside the hotel part is more "adult-like" than it is at BC. Once out on the boardwalk, though, it's great fun and our kids love the entire area. Our family prefers to stay at BC and simply walk over to the boardwalk to enjoy the fun over there too.

thanks for thoughts everyone!!

The decision was kind of made for us, but after reading people's thoughts I think we might have gone Boardwalk anyway! We were upgrading hotels for our Wine and Dine half marathon trip. There had been rooms available at both resorts this morning but when my husband called back about 45 minutes later there was only Boardwalk available. So Boardwalk it is!!:cool1:

It actually works out great b/c this trip is just my husband and myself. Even though I am TERRIFIED, truly and completely not kidding at all, of clowns and that horrible pool is lurking in the background;)...I am glad that we can save the Beach Club stay for when the kids are with us!

Those weird little girl daisy head chairs freak me out a little bit too. That being said, I have always wanted to stay at Boardwalk and it's perfectly positioned for our Epcot heavy trip. Between the half marathon and Wine and Dine itself, we are smack in the middle of things. So excited!!!:cheer2:

Our family has stayed at both resorts. Our choice is the Beach Club because of the pool and the overall feel of the resort and since it is close enough to the Boardwalk we still manage to spend some time on the Boardwalk as well.

I agree ... Of the Epcot resorts ... I personally rank them:
(1) BC
(2) YC
(3) BWI

BWI is awesome. Truthfully, I have not stayed there, but it offers so much! We always stay at BC, and mornings we take a trip to boardwalk bakery, have a dinner there, and just enjoy the atmosphere. The clown at the pool isn't so appealing, but I think when you are in the heat of florida weather, suddenly, that clown is not so bad! :rotfl: Enjoy your trip

We stayed at BC last year and loved it. We're not big fans of the BWI. We haven't stayed there but we've walked over several times. I'm not even a huge fan of the area by the Boardwalk. Something about it just isn't overly appealing to us. But, at the BC we loved the resort, pool, and the short walk to Epcot.

We stayed at the Boardwalk and loved it. That being said, we are looking forward to our upcoming stay at the Beach Club in 2013. IMO, I don't think you can go wrong with either one. Enjoy your stay:):)

thanks for thoughts everyone!!

The decision was kind of made for us, but after reading people's thoughts I think we might have gone Boardwalk anyway! We were upgrading hotels for our Wine and Dine half marathon trip. There had been rooms available at both resorts this morning but when my husband called back about 45 minutes later there was only Boardwalk available. So Boardwalk it is!!:cool1:

It actually works out great b/c this trip is just my husband and myself. Even though I am TERRIFIED, truly and completely not kidding at all, of clowns and that horrible pool is lurking in the background;)...I am glad that we can save the Beach Club stay for when the kids are with us!

Those weird little girl daisy head chairs freak me out a little bit too. That being said, I have always wanted to stay at Boardwalk and it's perfectly positioned for our Epcot heavy trip. Between the half marathon and Wine and Dine itself, we are smack in the middle of things. So excited!!!:cheer2:

You will love BWI! I would stay there in a heartbeat because it's a beautiful resort in a great location in a picture-perfect setting. So close to everything, so much fun around the Boardwalk.
Good for you!

Have a magical time!
:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter