Boardwalk Bride's PJ Morocco/Canada/Attic/SCP updates 01/09!!

Don't despair! Lots of brides here get custom menus...from casual (hot dogs/hamburgers) to gourmet. They can recreate pretty much any dish you want (as long as you can pay ;) )

That's what I thought. I don't know if it's my planner, or the fact that I am doing an Escape, but they seem pretty set on us using something from that menu. I can ask if we can use a rehearsal menu, but I have a bad feeling!! I also really don't want to pay that much for food, when I know we can go to restaurants and get the same type of meal (with more options) for wayyyy less!! I guess I will keep trying for now, but I am looking for backups in the mean time!

Have you thought about having your reception in the Napa room at the Cali Grill? I've seen a few ladies around here do that. You can definitely see the fireworks from there if you have a late reception and the food is amazing there! Although, I might be a little biased b/c that's where our reception is :laughing: Sorry this is so frustrating:hug:

Have you thought about having your reception in the Napa room at the Cali Grill? I've seen a few ladies around here do that. You can definitely see the fireworks from there if you have a late reception and the food is amazing there! Although, I might be a little biased b/c that's where our reception is :laughing: Sorry this is so frustrating:hug:

I thought about it...but I am really not a fan of the contemporary, and neither is DF.

I think our big problem right now is that we do not know for sure if we want to have an at home reception. If we do, I have no problem just going to Raglan Road or Ohanas in WDW, and keep it casual. But if this will be our only wedding event, I want a more formal reception. So, I guess we need to decide soon what we are doing.

The only reason I want the at-home reception is because of my candyland theme, and I want to show of me dress :rotfl:. I don't know if that is enough to justify such a big event and cost. Plus it isn't really technically "at home" since that place we booked is in London, Ontario, which is 1.5 hours away.

Yay for decisions.:cool1: Bummer about the candyland theme but like you said, it's not enough of a reason to spend major $$$ on a reception. Maybe you could incorporate it into your Disney reception?

When I was talking with my planner about our rehearsal dinner, she said that if we want a restaurant it would need to be the first seating (i think she said around 5) or the last seating (around 9-930 i think). So if that's the case I don't see why any of those restaurants would not be able to accommodate your party. What time is your ceremony again? I wish I could put my 2 cents in on the restaurants but unfortunately, I've only been to Raglan Road. It was very nice and delicious, if that helps at all:laughing:

I'm glad you're closer to a decision! sounds great! I've never eaten at Kona but Jiko is Awesome!!!

Wow, I never would have thought to put those colors together. They look fantastic and will definitely still work with a candyland theme incorporated. :goodvibes good luck with the crinnie dying. I wish my dress had a crinnie for me to dye. :laughing:

Those colors are fantastic together!! Awesome choice! :thumbsup2 And I'm excited to see the aqua crinnie!

WOW!! I love those colors!! Very unique and pretty!!

And I just have to put my vote in for Jiko...the Crispy Savannah rolls are to die for!!

We decided we will 100% have a DP. Since we are not going to go with the at-home reception, we figure we have extra money to spend, and we really want to do it!! Plus, we found out there are "non-dessert" options, so we can add cheese and spring rolls, etc, instead of brownies, etc (we like salty, cheesy food more than sweet food).

That's great that you've decided on a DP, I'm hoping for one as well, but only time and the budget will tell! :laughing:

We have decided to cut out our at home reception. I am sad about loosing my Candyland theme, but it is not enough of a reason to pay thousands, and thousands of dollars for an event that I don't really want to have. There are some family members that are really keen on us having it, but they are not the ones offering any money, and we should not be expected to pay $10000 to make them happy.

That's exactly right! I'm thinking instead of an AHR I'm going to organise for a select few people to come out to dinner with us at a nice restaurant. Only invite the people who I really regret can't make it to the wedding, and they can't make it for genuine reasons.

None of those people who think my dream wedding is stupid... (Yes I'm talking to you DF's aunty!!)

She doesn't read the boards, but I feel I've made my point :lmao:

BTW, your colours are awesome!

That's exactly right! I'm thinking instead of an AHR I'm going to organise for a select few people to come out to dinner with us at a nice restaurant. Only invite the people who I really regret can't make it to the wedding, and they can't make it for genuine reasons.

That's a good idea....I told DF that, and we have a new great plan! We have a favourite restaurant in the city in which we live! I was originally introduced to it by my old roomate (who is one of my MOH's) and DF and I went there on our first date, and have been back countless times since (they know us by name :laughing:) They have a private area for 40 there, and we can easily to that! Plus, we just moved downtown, and it is right across from our apartment, which is super convenient, and it is spicy Latin American food....my fav!!!:lovestruc They also have this awesome banana torte dessert, which we can totally use as a 2nd wedding cake....:banana:

None of those people who think my dream wedding is stupid... (Yes I'm talking to you DF's aunty!!)
!

HAHHHAHAHHA I love it! Yah, people get pretty questionable about a disney wedding....I think they have the wrong impression!!!

People are so confused when I tell them I am getting married there....cause I don't really watch disney movies, or cartoons (besides Family Guy....so not disney like!), and have only been to WDW twice...once which I can barely remember. It is hard to explain to them that is is about the fact that we fell in complete love with the boardwalk!!! (they still think mickey and minnie will be everywhere :rotfl:)

Thanks for the inspiration!!! It is definitely an idea that we will work on!

People are so confused when I tell them I am getting married there....cause I don't really watch disney movies, or cartoons (besides Family Guy....so not disney like!), and have only been to WDW twice...once which I can barely remember. It is hard to explain to them that is is about the fact that we fell in complete love with the boardwalk!!! (they still think mickey and minnie will be everywhere :rotfl:)

Thanks for the inspiration!!! It is definitely an idea that we will work on!

OMG I get that too... Why in the world do people think just because it's Disney it will be this wierd cartoonish wedding? I always tell people that if I showed them pictures they would never know it was Walt Disney World!

HI! :wave2: That's so exciting you decided to definitely do a dessert party! woohoo!!:cool1: Have you thought of your options for a location for this yet?

I know our weddings are super close to each other, what is your date again?

HI! :wave2: That's so exciting you decided to definitely do a dessert party! woohoo!!:cool1: Have you thought of your options for a location for this yet?

I know our weddings are super close to each other, what is your date again?

I think our dessert party will have to be in Morocco, since we are doing an Escape...which is fine with me since I think it is very well themed!

My wedding is April 15th, although it is not officially booked until August! I'm excited that I have someone else going at the same time to be excited with, especially when it gets closer!!! :banana::banana::banana:

OMG I get that too... Why in the world do people think just because it's Disney it will be this wierd cartoonish wedding? I always tell people that if I showed them pictures they would never know it was Walt Disney World!

One of my classmates, who is an older woman from France (so not to judge all French people, but she definitely had that "attitude":rotfl:) was so rude when I was talking about is being is disney. Anyway, one day we were in class, and my background pic on my laptop is this:

BW_EST_1_998.jpg

So she said to me, "Wow, that is so beautiful,every place should look like that" (We are in masters of planning (as in town and city planning), so we are harsh critics of places)...when I told her it was disney,the look on her face was priceless!!! It was def a high point for me:laughing:

I think our dessert party will have to be in Morocco, since we are doing an Escape...which is fine with me since I think it is very well themed!

My wedding is April 15th, although it is not officially booked until August! I'm excited that I have someone else going at the same time to be excited with, especially when it gets closer!!! :banana::banana::banana:

We are flying in on the morning of April 15th!! Hopefully, I'll be able to catch a glimpse of your wedding! I'm also excited our dates are so close together! And to have someone to be excited with!:banana:

I've seen some pics around here of Morocco DPs and they are all fantastic! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter