Boardwalk Bride's PJ Morocco/Canada/Attic/SCP updates 01/09!!

Hi there

Just caught up with your PJ. I adore your dress - when can we see photos of you trying it on? It's w-a-y too nice to trash :scared:

I really liked the candyland theme, but love the cherry and aqua one too :love: Did you make up the inspiration board yourself?

Looking forward to reading more.
x

Hi there

Just caught up with your PJ. I adore your dress - when can we see photos of you trying it on? It's w-a-y too nice to trash :scared:

I really liked the candyland theme, but love the cherry and aqua one too :love: Did you make up the inspiration board yourself?

Looking forward to reading more.
x

Thanks!!! Yah, my dress ended up being WAY over budget, so I don't think I can trash a dress that costs as much as I paid for my car (sadly I am serious).

I love the candy land theme, but that was only for the at-home reception. I was never really a fan of the whole at home reception thing, so it was a way for me to make it more fun. Now that I think we have tossed that idea out, we are just sticking to the aqua and cherry in WDW (but I will still try and add in some candyland ideas!!)

Wow!! Everything sounds wonderful. I have to admit I'm a bit jealous ;) Your plans are definitley unique and sound like so much fun!!

YAY for decisions!!:cheer2: I've never been to Flying Fish (and unfortunately don't even know where it is at) but it sounds nice! That's awesome that you'll be able to have some extra time with Randy! I think we will have about an hour extra with Misty which I'm really excited about! :goodvibes I also think moving the time up is a great idea! More time to enjoy your day! :thumbsup2

The plan sounds fantastic! You have chosen some great Disney elements for you and your guests to enjoy. I'm sure the last month until you can book will fly by.

Ok, so I think I found a way to somewhat keep my "Candyland" theme. I found a really cool wedding, that had a "carnival" theme! I think this would look amazing since our ceremony and wedding are on the boardwalk, and flying fish is "carnival" themed. YAY...I'm so excited!! This way I kind of get to keep my candy theme, but it makes more sense!!! Here is the my inspiration link if anyone wants the check it out:

http://greenweddingshoes.blogspot.com/2009/06/real-wedding-doug-paiges-fun-carnival.html

It is seriously the coolest wedding ever!!! They already have my colours too! I am really love the brides hair, so I am going to try and have mine done that way as well!! Oh, and I love the bouquet and boutonniere!!!

I am have second thoughts about booking Beaute Speciale. I really think they do a great job, but am a bit worried. I booked them because I want to look somewhat made up, since I wear makeup everyday (I honestly have over 75 MAC eyeshadows...I haven't counted in awhile though). But now I am thinking that maybe it is too made up. Plus, I really like the way the hair is more natural and less prom looking. I'll wait on this for a bit though!!

Ok first of all I love that inspiration page!! Those lollipops are AWESOME!! The colors are amazing too!

I will tell you I had the same thought about Beaute Speciale. I know they get a lot of really great recommendations on here but I just couldn't get past their portfolio. I have decided to go with On Site Beauty. Her pics looked great plus she uses Bed Head and Bare Minerals which was a plus. I say keep looking until your are comfortable with your decision.

Ok first of all I love that inspiration page!! Those lollipops are AWESOME!! The colors are amazing too!

I will tell you I had the same thought about Beaute Speciale. I know they get a lot of really great recommendations on here but I just couldn't get past their portfolio. I have decided to go with On Site Beauty. Her pics looked great plus she uses Bed Head and Bare Minerals which was a plus. I say keep looking until your are comfortable with your decision.

Ah!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE bare minerals.....I am a HUGE makeup snob (aka my MAC collection) and the only foundation I will use is the bare mineral powder!!! Do you have a link for their website?? And I love Bed Head...I normally don't splurge on their products, but I bought a hair waver the other day when it was on sale, and it is magical!

Ah!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE bare minerals.....I am a HUGE makeup snob (aka my MAC collection) and the only foundation I will use is the bare mineral powder!!! Do you have a link for their website?? And I love Bed Head...I normally don't splurge on their products, but I bought a hair waver the other day when it was on sale, and it is magical!

Sure!!

http://onsitebeauty.com/

I spoke with Janet, who was great!! I am having my trial in September so I will let you know how it goes!!

so i totally LOVE the carnival theme! It looks like so much fun! I wish I could comment on the make up situation but alas i never wear makeup unless i'm in a wedding. I'm having Patricia LeJuene do my hair and make up b/c everyone i've seen who has had her looks very natural! However, I'm sure Beaute Speciale will make you look fabulous and do what you ask them to do! :goodvibes I know alot of ladies around here who've used them and they all look gorgeous! Just make sure you have an inspiration pic available! :thumbsup2

I love the carnival theme! It would fit well at the boardwalk and I really like the colours. Will you have the candy stall?

Sure!!

http://onsitebeauty.com/

I spoke with Janet, who was great!! I am having my trial in September so I will let you know how it goes!!

I just checked out the website. I think she is on disneys list, I remember seeing it along time ago! I love her portfolio pics, and the prices are great, with the exception of the MK ones (clearly she is not a morning person:rotfl:). I think I will do my own for MK anyway!

so i totally LOVE the carnival theme! It looks like so much fun! I wish I could comment on the make up situation but alas i never wear makeup unless i'm in a wedding. I'm having Patricia LeJuene do my hair and make up b/c everyone i've seen who has had her looks very natural! However, I'm sure Beaute Speciale will make you look fabulous and do what you ask them to do! :goodvibes I know alot of ladies around here who've used them and they all look gorgeous! Just make sure you have an inspiration pic available! :thumbsup2

Thanks!! I am just soooo picky! I NEVER get my makeup done, just my hair, since I do a pretty good job:rotfl:, but I don't want to do my own on my wedding day, just due to nerves, etc.

I love the carnival theme! It would fit well at the boardwalk and I really like the colours. Will you have the candy stall?

Thanks, me too! I don't think boardwalk will let me put up a candy stall! Plus, I cannot afford it....but I am sure there is enough already in place to fit my theme!

OMG I'm so excited for you!!!
I love that inspiration stuff! VERY COOL! You could have your photographer take pics of you guys playing the games at the boardwalk and stuff!! I love the idea of having lunch/brunch at FF! I'm still trying to talk DF into it but i'm waiting for the opertune moment (as capt Jack would say!)

I can't wait to see your wedding pics they're going to be awesome!

That is a great theme! And it's amazing how the colors match the ones you picked out! What a great find!

Also, fyi, Patricia LeJeune used MAC with us. I thought she did a pretty good job of "natural." And she does MK hair/makeup, if you change your mind.

OMG I'm so excited for you!!!
I love that inspiration stuff! VERY COOL! You could have your photographer take pics of you guys playing the games at the boardwalk and stuff!! I love the idea of having lunch/brunch at FF! I'm still trying to talk DF into it but i'm waiting for the opertune moment (as capt Jack would say!)

I can't wait to see your wedding pics they're going to be awesome!

HAHAHHAHAAH I love LOVE Jack!!!!! How many people are you having, the min is low, and it is a pretty casual feel!

That is a great theme! And it's amazing how the colors match the ones you picked out! What a great find!

Also, fyi, Patricia LeJeune used MAC with us. I thought she did a pretty good job of "natural." And she does MK hair/makeup, if you change your mind.

Thanks!! Yah, you are one of the people pulling me towards Patricia. I really LOVED your hair and makeup in your MK shoots (your wedding as well). I'm sure she can pile on more eye makeup for me if I ask. I don't want to look trashy, but like I said, I wear makeup everyday, and I love me some eyeliner!!
I think her lashes are amazing though!!!! And yours looked great!

Sounds like your plans are coming along quite smoothly. Yay you!! I'm doing a brunch menu too. It works out well cost wise. I can't wait to read more about your plans.

Okay, so I have MORE updates (which clearly shows how uneventful my summer has been.....)

I have found so many wonderful hair pictures, and was struggling to choose whether I should have my hair up or down. I recently found this picture though, and it was one of those "that is the one" moments:

hair2.png

I think it goes well with the fun carnival theme as well!

I also have chosen what I would like our floral to look like. I am really not a flower person, so this was hard. I always tell DF not to waste money on buying me flowers for special occasions (instead he gets me wine :lol ) so you can see how this isn't really something I am good at, or even care too much about. Anyway, I found some that I actually like.

My bouquet:
flowers22.png

Bridesmaid bouquet:
flowers23.png

And boutonniere:

groom.jpg

And that is it for flowers! I don't want them in centerpieces, or anywhere else! And speaking of centerpieces, here are two that we are deciding between:

center2.png

center.png

Finally, Df was in charge of picking out the cake. He found one he likes, that goes well with our colour scheme and theme:

cake4.png

(we will only use the middle layers)

I feel bad because a lot of these photos are copied from an online wedding blog I found.....but really I don't think they will ever know!!!

I cannot really think of much else to update with right now. I am still trying to decide who to use for hair/makeup. I have already booked Beaute Speciale, but am starting to feel like it was a bad choice (for me).....I think I may look through other people's recaps to see pics and who they used!

I love everything! I was telling DF about your carnival themes wedding the other day! I think its awesome!

Those bouquets are beautiful! I am a gerber daisy fan!

The cake with those two tiers will be beautiful and the gum ball filled centerpieces are so different!! I really can't wait to see how everything comes out on your wedding day!

Love those pics and it's okay to "borrow" ideas, they will never know. :thumbsup2

I completely understand your concern about Beaute Speciale based on their website pics, I also preferred Patricia LeJune's work from what I saw on here. I booked Beaute Speciale for my engagement shoot since their pricing was better and they didn't charge a travel fee. I didn't want to spend a ton because at that point we weren't sure if we were having a Disney wedding yet. I was really happy with how my make-up turned out. I told Ana I wanted a natural but glamourous look and she really made it happen. I don't think my make-up has ever looked so good! DF was also very pleased! :lovestruc

Of course, you need to do what you'll be comfortable with, but I really was pleasantly surprised and hope to book her for my wedding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!