• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Board walk villas email from Disney

Got my email today. Hope it doesn't impact us using the balcony.
we received the email today also.......but we have received many, many emails & snail mails over the years saying the same thing. In all those years, we have not once been inconvenienced by the work being done (except for the time DH did not heed the voicemail letting us know they were going to be powerwashing, and left his shoes on the balcony :sad2: )

I've just received a second email- we arrive on May 1st hope it's not going to be too bad

All the rooms are done, I can't imagine that they are starting over again. Could even be lobby or hallway work.
I don't think that's true. We were there in March and they were refurbishing almost every room around us the last 3 days of our stay. There were notes on the doors about the refurbishment with plastic on the floor in the hallways outside of all those rooms. We woke up to hammering and drilling in the room right next to us. There were giant bins outside of these rooms where they were throwing all the debris. We were right in the middle of all the construction.

Received a 3rd email is as many weeks today, warning me of rehabs at the Boardwalk.
Wording changes slightly each time, but they seem really keen to let me know!

Yep just got my third email too. We arrive on Saturday for a 2 week stay

Yep here in uk got 3 rd email.we r arriving Monday, so hope its not too bad

Sheesh, this has been going on since at least December of 2015 when we were there, work on the villas that is.
Since at least Aug of 2015...we were there then and had a room next to construction. It was a bother. And they were down to one working elevator.

We were there again since then, and got a letter notice, but had a quiet room and weren't bothered. Though they were working in hallways on leaks in the ceiling.

Last edited:
Since at least Aug of 2015...we were there then and had a room next to construction. It was a bother. And they were down to one working elevator.

We were there again since then, and got a letter notice, but had a quiet room and weren't bothered. Though they were working in hallways on leaks in the ceiling.
Doesn't matter when in 2015, I think we can all agree that the work should be done by now.

Sheesh, this has been going on since at least December of 2015 when we were there, work on the villas that is.

Again? Last 2 trips for us too:confused3 Will say we were there when the pool fence went up, a non event really.

I will be very happy when all is said @ done @ WL.:wizard: Have avoided that home resort for years. Hoping things will be done by our trip this coming winter there.

If you read the latest TripAdvisor reviews, people are still reporting getting none refurbished rooms who have just travelled.

We received the same email and we aren't scheduled to arrive until the middle of July!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter