Board walk villas email from Disney

dwight16

DIS Veteran
So we are heading down in about a month and I just got an email from Disney saying "Upon your arrival, you will see and hear work in progress as we renovate Disney's BoardWalk Villas for your future enjoyment." so does that mean rooms are not done being upgraded?

I just got the same email, we go May 1st - following for more information

So we are heading down in about a month and I just got an email from Disney saying "Upon your arrival, you will see and hear work in progress as we renovate Disney's BoardWalk Villas for your future enjoyment." so does that mean rooms are not done being upgraded?

I believe they are doing outside painting.

I believe they are doing outside painting.

Ok they put this in here also "

bullet.gif
You will also notice Cast Members conducting routine exterior painting and balcony maintenance throughout the Resort

Thought they were independent of each other

All the rooms are done, I can't imagine that they are starting over again. Could even be lobby or hallway work.

Just back from a week stay. They are painting the bollards/posts by the main entrance as well as the trim work all around the entrance.

Sheesh, this has been going on since at least December of 2015 when we were there, work on the villas that is.

Yep, we got brand new mattresses in our villa on day 2 of our stay in Dec. 2015 :)

We also just returned last week and saw only the main entrance painting as wdwnut noted. No problem for us but I did see a large wedding party arriving and having to work their way around painters lifts, etc. Not the best of photo ops.

Just got the email too.
There was major work going on our visit April last year (our first to the Boardwalk) so I'm hoping this time it won't be as distracting and inconvenient.

This is our third trip to BWV in as many years and indeed the third identical painting/exterior work email we've received prior to the trip. It truly is the never ending refurb.

Last June they were by the quiet pool near the path to HS. Visited at Thanksgiving and they were painting the exterior near our room - some noise with carts and scaffolding during the day. Just back from spring break and they were at the main entrance. Hoping they are done when we return in a couple of months....

I'm staying at BWV 5/8. I didn't receive an email. Refurbishment page says exterior maintenance & painting between 9 am & 5 pm through May 2017. That could mean May 1 or May 31. Not that big of an inconvenience to me. I'm out most of the day anyway.

BWV work has been going on for a couple of years. During that time the prep and painting has had minimal effect on guests.

I wouldn't worry about it.

:earsboy: Bill

We were there last week and the only work I saw being done was to the actual boardwalk itself (sanding and painting the railings) and not to the Villas or Inn.

Going APril 29th, and just got my second email about the ongoing work. Guess they wanted to make sure I knew.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter