Blue Sky Rumor: Ride coming to UK Pavilion?

I think there are events that are similar to a World's Fair, especially in the tech and science industries, that Disney has every capability of tapping into, especially for Future World, if they chose to.

As for rides in WS involving IP, it's already happened. I enjoyed FEA, however I do wish the Norwegian pavilion had some more Norway history. Also, Vikings didn't really wear those horned hats, yet they are all over the place in the pavilion. I did enjoy the rosemaling on gifts and such. But it'd be nice to have the history of rosemaling or have someone doing it as a demo. I also believe it'd be nice to have an exhibit of Norse artifacts.

If they are going to add more rides, it'd be nice if they did it a little more cultural tie in then they did with FEA. Like I've stated previously, a Mary Poppins ride that gives a tour of London landmarks could work.

Yeah...but what else is gonna fit on a track that can be featured in a princess gift shop dump?

There's a lot of souvenirs that get sold in London...Tower of London snow globes, Trafalgar Square lion book ends, St. Paul Cathedral figurines or posters (especially of Charles and Diana's wedding), Westminster Abbey toffee tins...I could keep going...They have some of the souvenirs in the UK pavilion already, but they could easily kick it up a notch ;)

There's a lot of souvenirs that get sold in London...Tower of London snow globes, Trafalgar Square lion book ends, St. Paul Cathedral figurines or posters (especially of Charles and Diana's wedding), Westminster Abbey toffee tins...I could keep going...They have some of the souvenirs in the UK pavilion already, but they could easily kick it up a notch ;)

Tongue in cheek, my friend ;)

Besides...Epcot notoriously stripped out most of the non-Disney sweatshop produced stuff nearly 20 years ago...so it's unlikely any expansion would go that route.

There's a lot more in London than Big Ben and Tower Bridge...
Be realistic when you answer this, how many people in the US could pick out Westminster, St. Paul's, the Tower itself, or the Gherkin as being from London...let alone know what they look like?

Be realistic when you answer this, how many people in the US could pick out Westminster, St. Paul's, the Tower itself, or the Gherkin as being from London...let alone know what they look like?

This country?

Almost nil...our collective intelligence is at an all time low?

That's why a ride including the other landmarks would be great...It'd be educational...Isn't that what everyone is talking about WS being?

I could - though that is partly because my company is the one that built the Gherkin ... when I was over there and the tour guide referred to it as "the erotic gherkin" I felt so proud :|

As a librarian, I often find it insulting how little we appreciate the talents and intelligence of the current generation.
This country?

Almost nil...our collective intelligence is at an all time low?

As a librarian, I often find it insulting how little we appreciate the talents and intelligence of the younger generations. WE are to blame for any "lowering of collective intelligence". Further more I would say that there is plenty of intelligence still lying around. I feel parents would still welcome the experience of EPCOT. Honestly when out of country trips are a little bit harder to have because who knows if youll be able to reenter the country, EPCOT seems like a perfect solution. EPCOT helps pick the next destination anyway! This, as a children's librarian, I know: Kids LIKE to learn. They LIKE to understand things. They WANT to know more. You just have to execute the delivery in a way that is fun and engaging for them.

...But that doesn't take away from the achievement of Epcot...it is one of a kind. There an excellent book (project future if I recall)...that tells the best account of the construction of Epcot. It's great.

Correct...Project Future. Great book, read it for free from the Kindle Lending Library a few years ago while at WDW.

Would love to read more like it if anyone has recommendations.

I thought Project Future was essentially about the planning and the acquisition of the Florida property. It's been awhile so I could be wrong.

I thought Project Future was essentially about the planning and the acquisition of the Florida property. It's been awhile so I could be wrong.

It might have been "married to the mouse"...but I thought project:future.

One of them had a very detailed discussion of Epcot construction and the ballbuster who ran the project. They knew they had spent WAYYYY too much...even with all the big money corporations on board (in 1979...GM, IBM, Coke, KODAK...doesn't get much bigger) and they just pushed through anyway...it changed the entire company for worse/better/and perhaps worse again.

As a librarian, I often find it insulting how little we appreciate the talents and intelligence of the younger generations. WE are to blame for any "lowering of collective intelligence". Further more I would say that there is plenty of intelligence still lying around. I feel parents would still welcome the experience of EPCOT. Honestly when out of country trips are a little bit harder to have because who knows if youll be able to reenter the country, EPCOT seems like a perfect solution. EPCOT helps pick the next destination anyway! This, as a children's librarian, I know: Kids LIKE to learn. They LIKE to understand things. They WANT to know more. You just have to execute the delivery in a way that is fun and engaging for them.

I accept full responsibility for the state...much more than I deserve frankly...our recent history is embarassing to another level from a historical perspective (did I mention i have enough history for two degrees? But settled on one in that...I'm a pain in the butt wonk there too! Just can't win with me)...

But the movement in Epcot and frankly Disney as a whole seems to be "treat em dumb"...and calling for more ip because "kids are bored" or the adults "just want magic" strengthens that movement, no?

A Disney dark ride in the French pavilion that has a be our guest scene doesn't provide an enriching experience does it? And people are calling for it here...no?

It might have been "married to the mouse"...but I thought project:future.

One of them had a very detailed discussion of Epcot construction and the ballbuster who ran the project. They knew they had spent WAYYYY too much...even with all the big money corporations on board (in 1979...GM, IBM, Coke, KODAK...doesn't get much bigger) and they just pushed through anyway...it changed the entire company for worse/better/and perhaps worse again.
It's always amazed me how many times Disney has been on the verge of bankruptcy, even more so when Walt was alive

I accept full responsibility for the state...much more than I deserve frankly...our recent history is embarassing to another level from a historical perspective (did I mention i have enough history for two degrees? But settled on one in that...I'm a pain in the butt wonk there too! Just can't win with me)...

But the movement in Epcot and frankly Disney as a whole seems to be "treat em dumb"...and calling for more ip because "kids are bored" or the adults "just want magic" strengthens that movement, no?

A Disney dark ride in the French pavilion that has a be our guest scene doesn't provide an enriching experience does it? And people are calling for it here...no?

The first paragraph doesn't make much sense? but it's really not the point. The big issue is you seem to be equating IP with Stupid. No one called for a BOG ride in the French pavilion. The only mentions of a B&tB ride I have seen most have agreed should be in MK. I think it's pretty much for sure that it'll be the Rat ride if anything, which I have previously mentioned could be easily linked to education and what you would call an "enriching experience"....well maybe not you personally right? lol

latest news is baffling to me....

Per multiple rumors - Will be IP driven, but Poppins is not the lead option. Won't be a simple spinner or merry go round. But will be a smaller C type attraction probably, maybe B.

I have no idea what this will be.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter