Blue Sky Rumor: Ride coming to UK Pavilion?

latest news is baffling to me....

Per multiple rumors - Will be IP driven, but Poppins is not the lead option. Won't be a simple spinner or merry go round. But will be a smaller C type attraction probably, maybe B.

I have no idea what this will be.....

Perhaps you're confused because it's a rumor and therefore has no substance to it as of now...that's why these things are always tricky and maybe there's no point until they are defined by the Disney accountants? They have final say.

The first paragraph doesn't make much sense? but it's really not the point. The big issue is you seem to be equating IP with Stupid. No one called for a BOG ride in the French pavilion. The only mentions of a B&tB ride I have seen most have agreed should be in MK. I think it's pretty much for sure that it'll be the Rat ride if anything, which I have previously mentioned could be easily linked to education and what you would call an "enriching experience"....well maybe not you personally right? lol

I'm saying that American society has dumbed itself self down intentionally the last 20 or so years and that isn't too much of a case study to make...it's so obvious it practically is hanging out the windows...

But you say that the younger generation is getting a bad rap...or maybe the society as a whole...and I'd be happy to entertain that...but how is putting fiction in the most "edutainment" concept Disney has ever built serving to educate?

It's not...if you're honest...it's more on the side of frivolity and towards the consumer driven monster that Disney has always fought against itself to avoid completely in parks...with varied success.

Perhaps you're confused because it's a rumor and therefore has no substance to it as of now...that's why these things are always tricky and maybe there's no point until they are defined by the Disney accountants? They have final say.
I am confused on why you continue these arguments on a rumor area of the site?

Some of us love to follow the back story of what does and does not happen in planning for the parks. Do all rumors or blue sky reach the park? No. But at some point, you are going to have to get that fence out of your.....well any way, and realize that this is going to be an unprecidented spend at Disney for the US parks. Is it they finally have reached the conclusion they have waited too long? Is it that they are realizing they are getting a ton of back lash for their global spend while doing little to nothing in US? Or is it they have finally started to see the numbers and realized they are and have been trending down?

But I am sure on a few things. One source saying something is one thing...but multiple sources, getting information from totally different sources is another.

I DO think you will see in the next 5 years:

Epcot - one new pavilion, ride add to France(Rat), and UK, and some updates in FW - SSE, Land, M:S(already confirmed by Disney) and UoE(GotG is still lead IMO. )
DHS - SWL, TSL(both confirmed by Disney), GMR to Mickey Ride(multiple insiders now there ..)and some Disney Jr sprucing
MK - TL is getting rebuffed - not just paint - I think you will see something in Stitch, and something done with Speedway.

Add to that a ton more stuff, that I don't believe will happen.

This is the fun part, the guessing, the reading and the searching. If you want to stick your head in the ground go ahead. I fully expect you to rant like crazy if each of these don't come to fruition. You have that ability.

I tend to think Disney has finally caught on that they have to update the US parks, and they have to spend, or their $$ in parks will continue to take a hit.

I am confused on why you continue these arguments on a rumor area of the site?

Some of us love to follow the back story of what does and does not happen in planning for the parks. Do all rumors or blue sky reach the park? No. But at some point, you are going to have to get that fence out of your.....well any way, and realize that this is going to be an unprecidented spend at Disney for the US parks. Is it they finally have reached the conclusion they have waited too long? Is it that they are realizing they are getting a ton of back lash for their global spend while doing little to nothing in US? Or is it they have finally started to see the numbers and realized they are and have been trending down?

But I am sure on a few things. One source saying something is one thing...but multiple sources, getting information from totally different sources is another.

I DO think you will see in the next 5 years:

Epcot - one new pavilion, ride add to France(Rat), and UK, and some updates in FW - SSE, Land, M:S(already confirmed by Disney) and UoE(GotG is still lead IMO. )
DHS - SWL, TSL(both confirmed by Disney), GMR to Mickey Ride(multiple insiders now there ..)and some Disney Jr sprucing
MK - TL is getting rebuffed - not just paint - I think you will see something in Stitch, and something done with Speedway.

Add to that a ton more stuff, that I don't believe will happen.

This is the fun part, the guessing, the reading and the searching. If you want to stick your head in the ground go ahead. I fully expect you to rant like crazy if each of these don't come to fruition. You have that ability.

I tend to think Disney has finally caught on that they have to update the US parks, and they have to spend, or their $$ in parks will continue to take a hit.

Notice I didn't comment until the "I don't understand?" Came up.

I'm just filling in the blanks for you.

Though I unfollowed the thread to no longer state the obvious/bother you...as you were. Enjoy the rumors. Trust the shovels.

EDIT: one more thing...nobody would like a new Epcot pavilion more than me...

But around here those rumors have been above as successful as the search for El Dorado...

29 years

Last edited:

Per multiple rumors - Will be IP driven, but Poppins is not the lead option. Won't be a simple spinner or merry go round. But will be a smaller C type attraction probably, maybe B.

Is Mr. Toad IP? I say Mr. Toad ;) And that is the inner ten year old in me talking...

Pooh already has a ride (dang Pooh and his honey pots pushing out Mr. Toad).
So Alice?
Who else properly British do they have rights too?
Robin Hood?

I'd personally love to see Dr.Who, but I highly doubt that would happen, unless the BBC is going to sponsor it.

D23 this year could be very interesting for Epcot and might shed more light...

Notice I didn't comment until the "I don't understand?" Came up.

I'm just filling in the blanks for you.

Though I unfollowed the thread to no longer state the obvious/bother you...as you were. Enjoy the rumors. Trust the shovels.

EDIT: one more thing...nobody would like a new Epcot pavilion more than me...

But around here those rumors have been above as successful as the search for El Dorado...

29 years
that is fine, but if you wait for the shovels, its not a rumor anymore. So why troll rumors?

Is Mr. Toad IP? I say Mr. Toad ;) And that is the inner ten year old in me talking...

Pooh already has a ride (dang Pooh and his honey pots pushing out Mr. Toad).
So Alice?
Who else properly British do they have rights too?
Robin Hood?

I'd personally love to see Dr.Who, but I highly doubt that would happen, unless the BBC is going to sponsor it.

D23 this year could be very interesting for Epcot and might shed more light...
Mr Toad would truly be ironic. I personally would love some ride for Sword in the Stone, one of my personal all time favorites. Robin hood is a possibility of a guess, Bed Knobs and Broom Sticks is another guess, Alice, Pooh all good guesses.

Peter Pan..? Maybe? or still Alice but maybe focused on the live action version? Winnie the Pooh? 101 Dalmations? ROBIN HOOD?!

I'm saying that American society has dumbed itself self down intentionally the last 20 or so years and that isn't too much of a case study to make...it's so obvious it practically is hanging out the windows...

But you say that the younger generation is getting a bad rap...or maybe the society as a whole...and I'd be happy to entertain that...but how is putting fiction in the most "edutainment" concept Disney has ever built serving to educate?

It's not...if you're honest...it's more on the side of frivolity and towards the consumer driven monster that Disney has always fought against itself to avoid completely in parks...with varied success.

I disagree. I will always maintain that fantasy and fiction are PART of culture. They influence the masses. For example, Harry Potter brought about a revolution in children's literature and put it back on the map. People took children's literature seriously again. It taught valuable lessons through magic. I recently listened to author Holly Black speak on the topic of the importance of fantasy in culture. Trolls and talking rats may seem unrelated to edutainment but they very much include the fabric of each society they reflect. All that is needed is for the characters to discuss and display that reflection for kids and teach them about how their story is related to the real world. It isn't that difficult.

I disagree. I will always maintain that fantasy and fiction are PART of culture. They influence the masses. For example, Harry Potter brought about a revolution in children's literature and put it back on the map. People took children's literature seriously again. It taught valuable lessons through magic. I recently listened to author Holly Black speak on the topic of the importance of fantasy in culture. Trolls and talking rats may seem unrelated to edutainment but they very much include the fabric of each society they reflect. All that is needed is for the characters to discuss and display that reflection for kids and teach them about how their story is related to the real world. It isn't that difficult.

Yeah...I don't doubt the value of art/fiction...

But the world is based on non-fiction. And in Disney terms...I'll take the stereotypical interpretation of nonfiction at Epcot if given the choice everytime.

I absolutely agree with you here. I think if the application is thoughtful, you can achieve both ends. Cheese on the broccoli, so to speak. Opening up the idea of wanting to explore the world using stories and tales is a great, especially for children. Not everything has to be hyper realistic. It's a theme park, not a courtroom.

I absolutely agree with you here. I think if the application is thoughtful, you can achieve both ends. Cheese on the broccoli, so to speak. Opening up the idea of wanting to explore the world using stories and tales is a great, especially for children. Not everything has to be hyper realistic. It's a theme park, not a courtroom.

That's basically magic kingdom light and you know it.

You'll probably get it...but you know that's not how they'll attack it. The evidence is between Mexico and China

That's basically magic kingdom light and you know it.

You'll probably get it...but you know that's not how they'll attack it. The evidence is between Mexico and China

The world exists in spectrum, not black and white. I absoutely agree with most of what you say, things need work, it's been stagnant. But I honestly am not at all bothered by what they want to put in the world showcase. Future World is much more concerning to me because it has the potential but is so wasted on dead space. That's where I want to see the real innovation.

The world exists in spectrum, not black and white. I absoutely agree with most of what you say, things need work, it's been stagnant. But I honestly am not at all bothered by what they want to put in the world showcase. Future World is much more concerning to me because it has the potential but is so wasted on dead space. That's where I want to see the real innovation.

I'm with you. I think Future World is a much bigger problem than the Showcase.

I get what Logic is saying about too much Elsa and not enough Oslo. I'm OK with both, but the mix is wrong. I can also understand why some would rather keep IPs out altogether, but I see the IPs as an opportunity to bridge a gap. I think current Disney sees a different opportunity though.

What the right mix is for guests will vary.

I'm with you. I think Future World is a much bigger problem than the Showcase.

I get what Logic is saying about too much Elsa and not enough Oslo. I'm OK with both, but the mix is wrong. I can also understand why some would rather keep IPs out altogether, but I see the IPs as an opportunity to bridge a gap. I think current Disney sees a different opportunity though.

What the right mix is for guests will vary.

I absolutely agree that he's right there too. The movie rehash rides are boring and uneducational. There is a spectrum that exists, we're all gonna sit somewhere on it, like you said. I'm cool with a character, taking us on a themed tour of their country or through the history. That's literally another form of edutainment. Combining characters (entertainment) with history and culture (education). Not all education has to be STEM.

I just hate to see good discussion quashed. Whether they want to do it or spend money on it is relative. I think we're allowed to discuss what we'd like to see these rides be without being reminded of that over and over again. I'm cool with discussing the possibilities, because we are talking rumors and how we'd like to see those rumors fit. I'm not cool with someone trying to shut down discussion, that's all.

I absolutely agree that he's right there too. The movie rehash rides are boring and uneducational. There is a spectrum that exists, we're all gonna sit somewhere on it, like you said. I'm cool with a character, taking us on a themed tour of their country or through the history. That's literally another form of edutainment. Combining characters (entertainment) with history and culture (education). Not all education has to be STEM.

I just hate to see good discussion quashed. Whether they want to do it or spend money on it is relative. I think we're allowed to discuss what we'd like to see these rides be without being reminded of that over and over again. I'm cool with discussing the possibilities, because we are talking rumors and how we'd like to see those rumors fit. I'm not cool with someone trying to shut down discussion, that's all.

Right-o. I wouldn't be here if I didn't want to read about what might be. Logic gets a little heavy handed at times, I think, fighting "the good fight." I think he/she would probably admit that. Maybe? :teeth:

And, yes, all education should be STEM related. :teacher: Mostly kidding of course, but the sci-fi-ish aspects of the "original" EPCOT is why it was my favorite park as a kid. At the same time, Figment was a huge part of what I loved about it as well. They told me all these amazing things that might be possible, and that I could come up with my own amazing things as well.

"Where'd all that go?" he asked rhetorically.

Right-o. I wouldn't be here if I didn't want to read about what might be. Logic gets a little heavy handed at times, I think, fighting "the good fight." I think he/she would probably admit that. Maybe? :teeth:

And, yes, all education should be STEM related. :teacher: Mostly kidding of course, but the sci-fi-ish aspects of the "original" EPCOT is why it was my favorite park as a kid. At the same time, Figment was a huge part of what I loved about it as well. They told me all these amazing things that might be possible, and that I could come up with my own amazing things as well.

"Where'd all that go?" he asked rhetorically.

For real, I remember body wars so vividly even now. Very gross to 10 year old me, but very cool concept too. And cranium command was the other one like it right? I feel like they could really do some great work with combining something like Inside Out to help explain the emotion, memory, and the brain. Something accessible and fun. Would peter pan 2.0 in UK be fun? Probably, and I don't begrudge them for making it and helping eat the crowds. But I'd really like to see that creativeness and innovation in Future World.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter