Blue NBA fence at GF looks horrible!

DurangoJim

Mouseketeer
Some sites have images of what the blue divider fence at the GF looks like and it destroys the ambience of the resort. You can’t even see the castle or marina from Gasparilla’s now. I would not be happy if I were staying at the GF or VGF while the NBA is there.

Besides DVC isnt the rest fo The resort closed, so yes it impacts those staying at DVC but otherwise no one else.

Blue tarp probably not ideal but gives players and staff privacy, as well as social distancing (I’m guessing).

with 120,000 people dead probably best to be annoyed with a blue tarp fence than under a blue tarp...just saying

or somewhere secluded like Jambo House and Kidani Village. The GF fencing looks horrendous.
Disney can't block out DVC buildings and Kadani Village is all DVC. The fencing is what it is to provide privacy for the NBA and keep noisy people with cameras away.

The only DVC exception would be the DVC units in Jambo House. If the "resort" building is not open then they don't have to open those DVC units. If they were to open the limited DVC units in Jambo House, DVC members would have to pay all the costs of the resort vs sharing expenses with Disney in a normal situation.

ETA: Think of it as a Covid-19 Mask but this one will be gone by Sept. 21st when the GF opens to all guests.

Dave

So when they wall off large portions of EPCOT and it looks awful, do people say it looks "cheapened"? And why suggest Caribbean Beach for top of their game athletes in lieu of deluxe accommodations?
I feel like maybe we should be more thoughtful about our reactions to this as it may be taken as an insult to those guests who will be staying there.

They should have put them up at Four Seasons, or somewhere secluded like Jambo House and Kidani Village. The GF fencing looks horrendous.
Four Seasons is all about customer service, and that would have gone over like a lead balloon with their regular customers, so I don't think so. Also, that wouldn't have profited Disney as they don't own Four Seasons.

So when they wall off large portions of EPCOT and it looks awful, do people say it looks "cheapened"? And why suggest Caribbean Beach for top of their game athletes in lieu of deluxe accommodations?
I feel like maybe we should be more thoughtful about our reactions to this as it may be taken as an insult to those guests who will be staying there.
People don't stay at Caribbean Beach to get great views. The views are a prime draw of the Grand Floridian.

Also, people pay around twice as much (at least) to stay at the Grand as at CR. So in return for that money, they expect more consideration.

I don't think it's a comment on guests at all, but rather on how Disney is acting. Many guests (including myself) go back and forth between staying at deluxes, moderates & values, and have different expectations about what we'll get at those different resorts based on the price paid.

People don't stay at Caribbean Beach to get great views. The views are a prime draw of the Grand Floridian.

Also, people pay around twice as much (at least) to stay at the Grand as at CR. So in return for that money, they expect more consideration.

I don't think it's a comment on guests at all, but rather on how Disney is acting. Many guests (including myself) go back and forth between staying at deluxes, moderates & values, and have different expectations about what we'll get at those different resorts based on the price paid.

The NBA are guests of the WDW resort and have booked and paid for GF as one of their resorts - and they booked and paid for the entire cash-side of the resort. There are no regular guests staying at GF while the NBA is there. The NBA is paying far, far, far more than any regular guest staying at VGF right now. THEIR expectation is, with the millions and millions they are spending to bring the NBA to WDW, that there will be security and privacy. Yes, their multiple millions trumped the few thousand $$ people at VGF are spending. Welcome to a for-profit company.

The NBA are guests of the WDW resort and have booked and paid for GF as one of their resorts - and they booked and paid for the entire cash-side of the resort. There are no regular guests staying at GF while the NBA is there. The NBA is paying far, far, far more than any regular guest staying at VGF right now. THEIR expectation is, with the millions and millions they are spending to bring the NBA to WDW, that there will be security and privacy. Yes, their multiple millions trumped the few thousand $$ people at VGF are spending. Welcome to a for-profit company.
They're only guests because the normal guests were kicked out.

We had 12 nights reserved at the GF in a tpv room starting 7/13 so maybe I’m a wee bit perturbed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!