BLT standard, high floor?

So we had had pretty good luck getting great standard view rooms, then a couple of years ago our luck ran out! We got a room on the first floor. I am not typically super picky, but that stay rather scarred me lol!!! Yes, there were people walking/jogging by all day long. The patios are not that big, it felt like there were strangers just outside our windows constantly. Keeping in mind also that not all people obey the smoking rules, and they'd go strolling by just puffing away. Typically we enjoy time on a balcony but we didn't sit on that patio once. We ended keeping our curtains closed pretty much all the time which is not what I have in mind when enjoying my beautiful Disney resort, even if it's a parking lot view! We hate spending the extra points but we only book lake view now, I can't handle the stress of worrying about getting first floor again. Obviously other folks book first floor and love it, so you never know, you might be fine. This is just our experience.
👆 exactly what I'm worried about. We do use our "outdoor" spaces a lot and am worried that we won't if we are on the first floor.... ok - I think I was just convinced to get the lake view - and leave the standard to all the lucky people using fewer points! ;-)

If it makes you feel any better, we have had spectacular lake views. If you like getting up early and your balcony is facing the right way, you'll be in for a treat. Not only is sunrise gorgeous over the lake, you'll get to see all the boats and the ferries coming out one by one to start the day. Standing out there with my morning tea is priceless.

So we had had pretty good luck getting great standard view rooms, then a couple of years ago our luck ran out! We got a room on the first floor. I am not typically super picky, but that stay rather scarred me lol!!! Yes, there were people walking/jogging by all day long. The patios are not that big, it felt like there were strangers just outside our windows constantly. Keeping in mind also that not all people obey the smoking rules, and they'd go strolling by just puffing away. Typically we enjoy time on a balcony but we didn't sit on that patio once. We ended keeping our curtains closed pretty much all the time which is not what I have in mind when enjoying my beautiful Disney resort, even if it's a parking lot view! We hate spending the extra points but we only book lake view now, I can't handle the stress of worrying about getting first floor again. Obviously other folks book first floor and love it, so you never know, you might be fine. This is just our experience.
We were able to get a 1 bedroom standard view for 5 days in August. I think we saved 25 points. I will find out as soon as we enter the room if my wife finds that worthwhile.

We were able to get a 1 bedroom standard view for 5 days in August. I think we saved 25 points. I will find out as soon as we enter the room if my wife finds that worthwhile.
let us know! I hope you end up with a spectacular location.

let us know! I hope you end up with a spectacular location.
For me it's easy. I travel with my granddaughter who is in awe with the entire experience from flying to the transportation to and from the airport, to walking into a resort room, to the lobby. Just the entire experience seen through the eyes of a 5-year-old makes it great for Pop Pop.

Last edited:
If that occurred anytime recently, you were provided wrong information. Before Jan 2012, the third and fourth rooms above the front entrance were theme park view. That is when Disney issued new point charts noting that at least the ten TP rooms (2BR lock-offs count as 1) on floors two and three were being changed to standard view. Since just lowering the points for those had to be met by an equal raise of points elsewhere, lake view and theme park view rooms were raised in point cost a little (very little because there are a lot more lake and theme park view rooms than standard).

If DVC is now claiming any fourth floor rooms are again theme park, it would need to reverse some of the point changes made to make sure the total points applicable to reserving all rooms do not exceed those applicable to reserving all rooms in a year. My guess is the person or persons who told you your fourth floor room was theme park view did not actually know which rooms were theme park or possibly was still relying on the original make-up of the rooms.

I just got off the phone with member admin (or member services supervisor). I was told that DVC does not have any insight into what rooms are what category (or how many of each room is in each category). That is all specified by the resort, and some percentage of rooms are held back for cash reservation by Disney. Again - that is what I was told. I did ask the obvious question about how they can balance points across rooms/categories if they don't know how many of each they had, and was told that the balancing happens with the legality of it in mind (i.e., a BS answer). Anyhow - I was very unsatisfied with the response.
I was told that 4th floor rooms are TPV. Not sure what to do next other than assume 4th floor rooms are TPV.

(yes - I know this is off-topic, but wanted to follow up since this question did come up earlier in the thread)

I just got off the phone with member admin (or member services supervisor). I was told that DVC does not have any insight into what rooms are what category (or how many of each room is in each category). That is all specified by the resort, and some percentage of rooms are held back for cash reservation by Disney. Again - that is what I was told. I did ask the obvious question about how they can balance points across rooms/categories if they don't know how many of each they had, and was told that the balancing happens with the legality of it in mind (i.e., a BS answer). Anyhow - I was very unsatisfied with the response.
I was told that 4th floor rooms are TPV. Not sure what to do next other than assume 4th floor rooms are TPV.

(yes - I know this is off-topic, but wanted to follow up since this question did come up earlier in the thread)
:headache: That is one of the more ridiculous answers I've heard of from DVC.

I agree - that's a totally ridiculous answer. The resort does not determine the room category, DVCMC does, and needs them when setting the points charts. If the view category of those rooms is not set, then DVCMC is in violation of Florida timeshare law, since the different categories have different points values assigned to them, and the points charts have to balance. At BWV, the P/G view and BW view villas cost the same, so it doesn't matter if Village Green view villas are classed as P/G view or BW view, the total number of points at BWV remains the same. But at BLT, Standard view and Lake view and Theme Park view villas all cost different numbers of points, so to balance the points charts, the designations must be set constant.

I think you should email the VP of DVC, Bill Diercksen, at william.c.diercksen@disney.com, as well as Member Satisfaction at dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com, and report this to them. The person you spoke to on the phone is obviously misinformed and needs education, and you need to know whether you were charged the correct number of points for the villa category you occupied.

The first time we had a standard view (back in 2010!) we lucked out with a room on 2nd floor facing straight out to the Monorail, and got to see Wishes every night. It was amazing. Our son then was only 10yrs old, and was a huge fan of the monorail (hence my DIS name) and it just couldn't have been any better. Hopefully you end up with this room, or one similar!

I am not typically super picky, but that stay rather scarred me lol!!! Yes, there were people walking/jogging by all day long. The patios are not that big, it felt like there were strangers just outside our windows constantly. Keeping in mind also that not all people obey the smoking rules, and they'd go strolling by just puffing away. Typically we enjoy time on a balcony but we didn't sit on that patio once.
Oof. That's a big bummer. I always feel that way when I take the BCV walking path to Epcot too. FWIW, the OG VGF 1st floor studio we had, had no path in front of it, just a large lawn, and had very high (4 feet?) thick bushes. You couldn't even walk from the patio onto the lawn that way. It made us feel better about leaving the shades open or just having the sheer because no one could really see much other than heads and shoulders in the room. But then the patio was sort of dark so we only used it to dry our suits.

I feel like BLT gets so much sun that if they planted some shrubbery it might make the first floor rooms more appealing without losing too much light.

If it makes you feel any better, we have had spectacular lake views. If you like getting up early and your balcony is facing the right way, you'll be in for a treat. Not only is sunrise gorgeous over the lake, you'll get to see all the boats and the ferries coming out one by one to start the day. Standing out there with my morning tea is priceless.
This was our first stay at BLT was a 2br xx02 room, on the end, it was quiet and at the top of the C so you could see the sunrise and ferries coming out, but also MK fireworks if you look left. Our kids were toddlers and babies back then, so a little morning peace and quiet watching the ferries come out was really lovely.

I also think that there's enough LV rooms and a lot of people don't make any requests at all, so if you *do* make a request, you're likely to get it.

See you then! We'll be in a 2br standard with a European first time family! I'm such a points miser, and we've generally been super lucky with our room requests, that I'm always happy to stay one more night rather than have an upgraded view. I always request an even-## room so we can see fireworks and parts of MK.

For me it's easy. I travel with my granddaughter who is in awe with the entire experience from flying to the transportation to and from the airport, to walking into a resort room, to the lobby. Just the entire experience seen through the eyes of a 5-year-old makes it great for Pop Pop.
Love this. This comment made my day. It's exactly why we go to WDW and probably why I have yet to be "disappointed" with any room we get. (It's also how I felt the first time we were able to fly to WDW when I was a kid. I could have ridden the resort monorail all day as my "ride." back then.

:headache: That is one of the more ridiculous answers I've heard of from DVC.

I agree - that's a totally ridiculous answer. The resort does not determine the room category, DVCMC does, and needs them when setting the points charts. If the view category of those rooms is not set, then DVCMC is in violation of Florida timeshare law, since the different categories have different points values assigned to them, and the points charts have to balance. At BWV, the P/G view and BW view villas cost the same, so it doesn't matter if Village Green view villas are classed as P/G view or BW view, the total number of points at BWV remains the same. But at BLT, Standard view and Lake view and Theme Park view villas all cost different numbers of points, so to balance the points charts, the designations must be set constant.

I think you should email the VP of DVC, Bill Diercksen, at william.c.diercksen@disney.com, as well as Member Satisfaction at dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com, and report this to them. The person you spoke to on the phone is obviously misinformed and needs education, and you need to know whether you were charged the correct number of points for the villa category you occupied.

Had a long conversation with someone in DVC "management" this week. Based on what they told me - 4th floor is definitely considered TPV now. Just FYI

Had a long conversation with someone in DVC "management" this week. Based on what they told me - 4th floor is definitely considered TPV now. Just FYI
Okay, thanks for the follow up. I guess it works, as long as they’re consistent in where they place guests - and the points charts balance!

Frankly that's impossible. They need to go back to the point reallocations from over a decade ago.

Frankly that's impossible. They need to go back to the point reallocations from over a decade ago.
so now you've got me going down a rabbit hole.... I did some point calculations for 2024 and came up with a total of 6,170,987 points total for the year. Any idea what the total point from a decade ago was or who had looked into that?
EDIT: I found the thread from 2013, and the point analysis done 2021/2022.
So that we can compare apples to apples, we'll go with the point count of counting the lockoffs as 2BR
2011: 5723488
2012: 5736129
2013: 5717291
2021: 5707223
2022: 5726461
2024: 5748242

something seems off here. I'm going to do 2025 as well. Why was there an increase of 22000 points from 2022 to 2024 an increase of 0.38%?

Last edited:
We got a 1st floor standard and loved it. As crazy rope drop fools, just walking out the door was 3-4 minutes saved. Ha ha ha. Also nice when going to the pool.

I'm thinking I should reopen the case - I hate wasting extra points on a room that should have been categorized as standard when I was charge TPV. Unfortunately, I didn't have any of the BLT history of point reallocation (I'm a 2017 member)
You could respond to that email saying the same 3rd party site they linked to the photo shows that room 7418 as standard view and if you click up to 7518, that shows as TPV. And that from what you understand, 3rd and 4th floor were removed from TPV category and slight adjustment to increase point chart to absorb those extra points after those rooms were changed to standard view.

I get it’s not the end of the world but isn’t fair either. If they want to make them TPV again then slight reduction in point chart is warranted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter