BLT or Riviera for you?

Probably RIV, but I'm astonished it doesn't have more shops than the standard gift shop. And no mid-priced TS restaurant.

If somebody gave me a contract there, I'd take it (and probably sell it to add more VGF points). Buy one, no way.

Both! We didn’t care for the sterile exterior of BLT but once I stayed there I bought a contract for MK parties (this was several year ago, before the walkway from VGF opened up).
RIV didn’t speak to me until I had a weeklong stay there last May. Then we bought after I came home 😝

I own at BLT and wanted to add RIV to my resort ‘collection’…but then the points chart came out (too high) and after riding the Skyliner (which I really didn’t like) - I sadly had to cross RIV off my list. Don’t get me wrong - I’m not a fan of BLT theming at all and the lack of a lobby stinks - BUT - do love the extra bathroom in the larger units, the Standard point chart and the location, location, location can’t be beat.

I own at BLT and checked out RIV for a family vacation. Love the RIV studio and 2 bedroom layouts and folding seating and murphy bed. Didn't love the lack of table service options and places to just hang out in the hotel. The Skyliner service was a huge let down about how during peak times gondolas going to Epcot are fully loaded at CBR and none are available to load at RIV. This is a Disney Transportation issue, but RIV didn't have any priority.

BLT. I love the Skyliner but nothing beats being able to walk to a park. The building exterior is rather nondescript for BLT but the rooms were lovely. Great fireworks viewing. Good food options.

I own at BLT and checked out RIV for a family vacation. Love the RIV studio and 2 bedroom layouts and folding seating and murphy bed. Didn't love the lack of table service options and places to just hang out in the hotel. The Skyliner service was a huge let down about how during peak times gondolas going to Epcot are fully loaded at CBR and none are available to load at RIV. This is a Disney Transportation issue, but RIV didn't have any priority.
Why wouldn’t they just load every other gondola to ensure capacity for RIV guests/owners? Especially as RIV owners help pay the costs of the gondolas.

Why wouldn’t they just load every other gondola to ensure capacity for RIV guests/owners? Especially as RIV owners help pay the costs of the gondolas.
They do leave some of them unloaded for the RIV pickups. There are a lot more pickups at CBR so doing every other one isn’t feasible but they do account for RIV. Sometimes it feels like fastpass (err..umm lightning lane) vs standby though.

They do leave some of them unloaded for the RIV pickups. There are a lot more pickups at CBR so doing every other one isn’t feasible but they do account for RIV. Sometimes it feels like fastpass (err..umm lightning lane) vs standby though.

I had the same experience. I heard the CM call for them to start sending more cars empty when the line behind us got long. So, it may not be perfect, but the do communicate between the two stations regularly..

I just bought my first contract at BLT. For me it was the distance to Magic Kingdom. It is my wife and I's favorite park and with a newborn we will likely spend most of our time at Magic Kingdom for the near future. I do love the look of RIV and would love to own their one day but the resale restrictions are really holding me back from purchasing a contract right now.

It's even worse for accessible gondolas. The midpoint is just tough at peak times.

Resale or Direct? If it’s resale, then BLT no question since you can use the points everywhere but Riviera. In terms of park access, it’s a tie since BLT has access to MK and Epcot (via monorail). But I give BLT slight edge because you can walk to MK. Riviera rooms are newer and nicer but BLT has extra full bathrooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter