Blended O'HANA: lights, water fountains, and characters OH MY!

Thank you, but I couldn't imagine NOT doing that, now. Just what we do!

:goodvibes

There may or may not have been notices to not stand there. I'm honestly not sure. The middle of the bus, though there are no rails to hold on to, is okay. But being in the actual bend... not ideal. Also, it was EARLY and had there been a warning, we missed it. And we also totally leaned into the bendy part to hold us up. Like I said.. it was early. Then we got bus-eaten. Definitely an experience, though!

I think this needs to be written down somewhere. A family motto. Or your Christmas card slogan.

We got bus-eaten.

Make it happen.

Looks like I need to order a ton of stickers now. GOOD THINKING!

::yes::

He hasn't grown any since, but I also don't let his hair grow. Now-a-days, it's just kinda a nappy, matted mess.

Hair... I remember it well.
Then again... my memory is fading.

Just like my hair.

Quick Life Update (as such is Disney relevant… which is roughly 90% of my life, duh):

I had a end-of-year-resolution to finish this TR. Spoiler Alert: I didn’t. BUT we are almost done! So to all of you still hanging around, thank you for your patience. I can’t promise it’ll be worth it, but I promise to try to make it fun!

But I might as well go ahead and give a small life update. Needless to say, we’ve been very busy as usual! But, you know, also… Christmas! So I went from my normal over-the-top busy to my special-holiday-busy. Busy/anxious; toe-may-tow/ tow-mah-toe. Kinda hard to type the same word, only pronounced differently. That was silly of me.

I digress.

We did Christmas in our NEW HOUSE! With both of our families there on Christmas Eve and Morning (since they both live within 5 miles, that sure doesn’t hurt!). Since Jimmy’s new job had started, we were very blessed to be able to give the kids an amazing Christmas! Gia… who has everything a girl could ever want and more still gets excited when she opens something as insignificant as a bag of pencils! And JP had his first Christmas where he really got excited and was able to open presents. But all he wanted to do was sit in his Lightening McQueen car. He even got a cleaning kit (brooms, dust wands, etc), and immediately used it to clean his car. It was precious. My dad has a classic corvette that he keeps covered, washed, and surrounded by orange cones. So the fact that my son opted to clean his car Christmas morning was pretty ironic. I’m not big on presents for myself. I like to give, and I like to be the one to find the PERFECT gift. I get it from my dad! He is such an amazing gift giver. Totally my love language. And yet, somehow I found myself last night cooking dinner with my new instant pot, wearing a mickey/minnie nightshirt my mom got me with my matching minnie mouse slippers. You know, the ones that look like Minnie’s feet? (I’d only been asking for them for 4 years, give or take.) Sadly, no pictures of that fun sight. But I’d say we all had a good Christmas.

Here’s our annual Christmas jammie pic! We were minus one Grumpy Shark… because he lives up to his name and refused to wear them. But he took our picture. So, pros and cons.

SMQnzUuCKNG48xXvVBXD9n8QEnS3f-OTmAlUbWKFHrCIc6dZiNLPDDW6Ww3HasBetdEK_6ryuL0QVk8QFYMPZ7FhvSJiUq5BkAmEdpPFWWnmfsQ_Yw459GVFLayocfuu-PryTRwe

I made those shirts, and worked really hard on them. I’m quite proud, actually. And they turned out fabulous. If you don’t know what Baby Shark is… consider yourself lucky.

So back to the perfect gift… my siblings and I all think like my dad when it comes to gifts. For her birthday, my brother hand painted a TINY Nativity for Mom. Very detailed. INSANE! And she loved it. His wife MADE Mom a rosary for Christmas. They’re both very talented and they were going to beat me at the present giving game so i had to come up with something! Okay, I’m kidding. I actually had this idea a few months back just while driving and asked my brother for his help. Now, he lives in Austin, so he did this from afar and mailed it to me to frame. It’s a picture of Minnie and Grumpy (two unrelated, but prominent characters in our house). That happens to be their grandparent names. They're holding hands.

r1vX52x6j0UrRzVloO5983bxc4mxeRbSjKe7s_eOCm-CFzKHKTUAAeK-y0sAFLfiWa2seM5pG5A8Kdj604x7AMB8akZFdSlRJI9l-4t0nQtb6U-ezT-d0roOrZ6jLwMT01T2lQ7i

nV0l4xTdvWikb2KwOsyIaPeJ_d_pATf5MzKxDbOr4AVftUmcHyXzcsWBEeDfdJ7UT6-oXEzhAuaaVtYGevNWObUuhYEJuMeDnoyZ_mtb3t5QeAtl6ef3BASHF-aGdJNIVLLg5zxE

They opened it and Mom was like, “where did you find this?” I’m like Brent drew it for me! They were floored. It worked. I won! Just kidding. But it was very satisfying to see them so happy. And Brent did such a good job. It looked like something hanging in an animation hall at Disney. I LOVE IT!

Bc5bQSsMVgskAIugPZsWJw8JL6VHn36s_mgvefGs-5Fa3M7ykIBHcmTsvAgcx8XUFnr1m0okQ-FYtUzpGc_LY0esLnSgpkHnFn-SvwEkwjOJwcPF_Lflk8syHyHk04Zol4q0qzLJ

-4INqjSMrjUniMqODd7NHhaKdOVAKUuuqnBqMsrLFHCS8P_rRbCdBz9g2AzUY1yzFrOvXY-4ZQDz32kMdMkrKms6kV3m62jZ-TfcAIB93SaxUecwKzui7Pu2XkXn07YNA63FXVQW

WpEgM2etKL4gBJo1uvHf3sNqfb9tsW9ym0wgwEQkDrsAsxhd8JaPYULCFbOPnFS6F5Rmzfew0Djeu8DDvQOfB97r1lMbFtFkVAxP-u7fh9sNysc8Dbwj1iZCzMTiOORxbqeW66LR

Mom got a new karaoke machine, and it’s kind of a family pastime. So we’ve already done a good bit of karaoke. We actually brought in the new year singing and dancing at my cousin’s house. And we had a little (a lot) too much fun. Gia was in Phoenix with my in laws for the LSU bowl game and Jimmy brought JP home while I drunkenly belted out Whitney Houston more times than I care to count with my siblings. BOTH of my siblings, because my brother was in town and we had a GREAT time!

BfhM_HinCkVVplqLZYaP_z-rDd245HX92yrISdGZMiiLTHxskNyiClY-tQvl0mbZiS2_Qfq_MfJvjjP17ozU-dWI9aDqzW7JCApDYj2wNtVqeduW8bed2PhAvx6f-fvrHmZdAw9A

See! Proof! This was New Year’s Day at Mom’s. Only missing Gia (again, in Phoenix at the bowl game). I told you she has everything a little girl could ever want.

Sidenote... how you like my Maleficent pants?

So we’ve had a lot of time with family, as it should be, and really enjoyed ourselves. Now it’s time to get back to reality.

My sister is currently a sophomore at LSU and is waiting for the application period to open for the Disney College Program this fall. She is extremely worried she won’t get in. I’m not. And she BETTER apply! Because I need an excuse for one more trip before both kids go up in price. Next year, JP turns 3 and Gia will be 10. And I’d like another munchkin sooner or later, so this might be our last trip for a little while. I told my husband my new year’s resolution is to either get skinny or get pregnant… and i don’t want to get skinny. So we are planning (and Mom is already booked for) a trip this December! I’m going to fly with my roomates (my family) for a long weekend, and Mom and Dad are going too, and then taking on the task of keeping JP there longer. Godspeed. But most important thing here is that Danielle apply to the DCP. I went to the meetings, met with the counselor, etc. in college but chose not to do it because it would push me back a semester, and I had bills back at home that I wouldn't be able to afford while away. Danielle does not have those kind of things holding her back. So this better not be an opportunity she misses!! I've been watching the application deadlines as well... so I can sign her up behind her back if she tries to back out. LOL. In all seriousness, we are encouraging her and she knows the benefits and really wants to do it. I'm just nervous she will get scared of stepping out of her box. She's a homebody, but I don't want her to miss out.

Now, JP, let me tell you. He is FULL TODDLER at this point. He just started talking in sentences and it’s amazing, really. But his hangry kicks in real quick! So i’m interested in how patient Grumpy will be. Thank God my Mom is a Saint!

But we are already preparing for that trip. Mom’s buying Christmas ears! We’ve been shopping, practicing using the leash (HA!), loading up the Amazon wish list, and watching ALL the Disney movies we can. JP will be a little over 2 and a half and Gia will be almost 10. Keeping them both happy should be interesting! But I’ll be scourging the Dis for tips and tricks soon enough. No matter how many times we've been, each trip is a new experience with kids of new ages and adults with newly aged moods :P

bmtcCr6glZAkm-ifjg8bg4ns6iCVKGE0yaIA3vbKeoD939SSJbzkZbWB_JfIETfJNwRA3xMVRB2ZI-q1kj5RiaTQ-ji3A5AU7IoY_1hcSWoJ4cQoI9pH-o7r2bqyIDA5GZBoFCXh

e1e4zPwleu8gLmXGE_oIN6Sy61-h0G0YlifeQ9leqOr7-sj1rdmSOdl_pq2zSYnyoDVvZ3m0-MrsZW9PgIhnN-xLkYlRx_Wtb9OpvIifUHhZIh89w039xtbulSQDlP1JV379Knqj

So that’s what’s new with us! I’m really excited to finish this report. Honestly, we are at the last park day, and it may have been the best! There’s still a lot of story to tell, so thanks again for sticking around!

Oh, and, here’s a fun picture of my toddler and his version of a dinglehopper. (He was “cooking water”, aka doing dishes, and decided his hair needed some vamping-up.)

wOesedP960mGg0dznYn8kIbLR0ye575F_Zxd2XTHtTJ1RDzeopO8k3hm1L67BaHnZUCW2O7BrAi_-6ElvkFm71dXWcP4EeeYMuWU7fQTFnGCQvLdrwWXivl7Go9nxT62KG2_Njzk

And Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to ALL!

Quick Life Update (as such is Disney relevant… which is roughly 90% of my life, duh):

Duh! ;)

I had a end-of-year-resolution to finish this TR. Spoiler Alert: I didn’t.

Spoiler Alert: We know.

toe-may-tow/ tow-mah-toe.

Okay.
Is there anyone... anyone! who says two-mah-toe????

We did Christmas in our NEW HOUSE!

Yay!

JP had his first Christmas where he really got excited and was able to open presents.

:goodvibes

But all he wanted to do was sit in his Lightening McQueen car.

Ahhhh... he's a boy all right.
And... who wouldn't want to??????

My dad has a classic corvette that he keeps covered, washed, and surrounded by orange cones. So the fact that my son opted to clean his car Christmas morning was pretty ironic.

:lmao:

I’m not big on presents for myself.

Me too.

Wait... Oh! For myself. I thought you said "I'm not big on presents, myself."

Nevermind! Gimme stuff!

I made those shirts,

:eek: Get. Out! You made those??????

:worship:

Honest to God. I looked at the photo and all of you and... I just assumed you bought them!

I am very, very impressed.

and worked really hard on them. I’m quite proud, actually. And they turned out fabulous.

Yes they did! And you should be proud! I wish I had talent like that... for anything.

If you don’t know what Baby Shark is… consider yourself lucky.

Unfortunately... my DD... who's 21 for Pete's sake!!!!! showed me. Curse her.

It’s a picture of Minnie and Grumpy (two unrelated, but prominent characters in our house). That happens to be their grandparent names. They're holding hands.

Awwww... :)

They were floored. It worked. I won! Just kidding.

kidding-not-kidding...

I really had to stop here. I was like "She's barefoot... in the snow!!! :eek:"

Then remembered where you live vs where I live.

I drunkenly belted out Whitney Houston more times than I care to count with my siblings.

:laughing: What... no video?

Bootiful.

And she BETTER apply! Because I need an excuse for one more trip before both kids go up in price.

my new year’s resolution is to either get skinny or get pregnant

That's a slightly opposite ends of the spectrum resolution!

My sister is currently a sophomore at LSU and is waiting for the application period to open for the Disney College Program this fall.

This is so exciting!! I've really enjoyed your report, but I seldom comment, so this may be the first time. Anyway....my niece is applying for the DCP this fall, and I'm so excited for her (and me, cause you know, if she's going to be there for several months, her Aunt has to visit a few times at least :thumbsup2) She's a freshman at Elon University this year, and has already had a couple of meetings with other kids that are DCP graduates. I really hope she gets in, because next to me she's the biggest Disney fan I know. Best of luck to Danielle! :goodvibes

My sister is currently a sophomore at LSU and is waiting for the application period to open for the Disney College Program this fall. She is extremely worried she won’t get in. I’m not. And she BETTER apply!

I hope she applies and gets in.

Gia was in Phoenix with my in laws for the LSU bowl game

That's awesome. Not only getting to go to a college bowl game, but also that she likes football. I've always been a big football watcher and watched with my dad. My son started getting into it more last year which was a great time to because we live near Philly and are Eagles fans. It was the perfect season for him. He also watches college football with me. But my 6yo daughter doesn't have any interest in watching it. She'll ask if a team won and say yay or boo if they lost but that's about all the interest she can muster.

Here’s our annual Christmas jammie pic!

Love it! The shark shirts are adorable. Are you using a cricut to make them? I'm not creative at all so it always amazes me when people make their own shirts.

He even got a cleaning kit (brooms, dust wands, etc), and immediately used it to clean his car. It was precious.

That's too cute!

new instant pot

How are you liking it? I've been wanting one for a year but don't know if I want to take the space in my already small kitchen. I did get an air fryer this Christmas. I really bought it for my husband but I love it. I made bacon in it last week and it was a life changing experience. I know that sounds crazy but I really hate making bacon. It makes me feel greasy. I feel like my kitchen is gross the whole day, not matter how many times I've cleaned it. And I can't get the smell of bacon out of my nose. Making it in the air fryer was so much better.

For her birthday, my brother hand painted a TINY Nativity for Mom. Very detailed. INSANE! And she loved it. His wife MADE Mom a rosary for Christmas.

Wow they are both very talented.

Now, he lives in Austin, so he did this from afar and mailed it to me to frame. It’s a picture of Minnie and Grumpy (two unrelated, but prominent characters in our house). That happens to be their grandparent names. They're holding hands.

What a cute idea for a gift!

Mom got a new karaoke machine, and it’s kind of a family pastime.

I want to break out our karaoke machine now. My daughter got it for Christmas last year but wasn't into it. This year she's in a musical theater class so I think she's over the shyness.

how you like my Maleficent pants?

cute

Next year, JP turns 3 and Gia will be 10. And I’d like another munchkin sooner or later, so this might be our last trip for a little while.

Yeah yeah, everyone says it might be the last trip for awhile...

So we are planning (and Mom is already booked for) a trip this December! I’m going to fly with my roomates (my family) for a long weekend, and Mom and Dad are going too, and then taking on the task of keeping JP there longer.

Yay for a next trip!

We did Christmas in our NEW HOUSE!
Congrats!!! That is super exciting!

Gia… who has everything a girl could ever want and more still gets excited when she opens something as insignificant as a bag of pencils!
I got Morgan a 6lb bag of gummy bears and Gwen a big box of Pringles. And I am pretty sure that was one of there favorite gifts...

And JP had his first Christmas where he really got excited and was able to open presents.
That is the best!

If you don’t know what Baby Shark is… consider yourself lucky.
Ugh that song....

nV0l4xTdvWikb2KwOsyIaPeJ_d_pATf5MzKxDbOr4AVftUmcHyXzcsWBEeDfdJ7UT6-oXEzhAuaaVtYGevNWObUuhYEJuMeDnoyZ_mtb3t5QeAtl6ef3BASHF-aGdJNIVLLg5zxE

They opened it and Mom was like, “where did you find this?” I’m like Brent drew it for me! They were floored. It worked. I won! Just kidding. But it was very satisfying to see them so happy. And Brent did such a good job. It looked like something hanging in an animation hall at Disney. I LOVE IT!
That is amazing! I could never draw that well.

Love them!

Next year, JP turns 3 and Gia will be 10.
Morgan just made that jump. From kid to adult isn't that much. But from baby to kid is the one that hurts!

I told my husband my new year’s resolution is to either get skinny or get pregnant… and i don’t want to get skinny.
Ha! This is an amazing way to put it. Good luck!

No matter how many times we've been, each trip is a new experience with kids of new ages and adults with newly aged moods :P
It truely is! It is always changing. I didn't realize Gia was that close in age to Morgan.

Spoiler Alert: We know.
Yes, guilty.

Ahhhh... he's a boy all right.
And... who wouldn't want to??????
ALLLLLL boy! But you're right. He had the right idea. Next year I want to open my gifts in my car as well.

:eek: Get. Out! You made those??????

:worship:

Honest to God. I looked at the photo and all of you and... I just assumed you bought them!

I am very, very impressed.
Okay, you're flattering me. KEEP DOING IT! But seriously, thank you. It means a lot. It's been something i've been working on a lot and learning more as I go. Now, I buy the patterns. I don't make that. But the layering and the cutting and the weeding it all out is a craft.

Yes they did! And you should be proud! I wish I had talent like that... for anything.
You've got an amazing gift of gab and making other's smile. That's a LOT of talent!

Unfortunately... my DD... who's 21 for Pete's sake!!!!! showed me. Curse her.
:rotfl2: I'm so sorry. We got my son the sound book so he can play it himself. I was tired of it being on the TV all the time.

kidding-not-kidding...
...again, guilty.

Then remembered where you live vs where I live.
::yes:: No snow, just disco lights. :rotfl:

:laughing: What... no video?
There is ONE video and my brother has it. I have not even seen it yet. I made him film it to show my husband that had to leave early with the baby so Mommy could get crazy with her siblings. (Thank you, husband). But Mom says it's really good, actually. ....I'm too nervous to judge for myself. I'm one of those people that hates hearing myself.

Bootiful.
Punny.

That's a slightly opposite ends of the spectrum resolution!
Well I've decided to meet in the middle. I still want to get pregnant, but I'm going to work out/eat slightly better so my starting pregnancy weight is lower than is it right now :cool1: HAHAHAHH

This is so exciting!! I've really enjoyed your report, but I seldom comment, so this may be the first time. Anyway....my niece is applying for the DCP this fall, and I'm so excited for her (and me, cause you know, if she's going to be there for several months, her Aunt has to visit a few times at least :thumbsup2) She's a freshman at Elon University this year, and has already had a couple of meetings with other kids that are DCP graduates. I really hope she gets in, because next to me she's the biggest Disney fan I know. Best of luck to Danielle! :goodvibes
Well thank you first of all for reading along! I'm a terrible commenter on other reports that I read. And quite frankly a terrible keeper-upper of them as well. Danielle has been watching other DCP social media accounts and talked to friends that have done the program. My best friend from college did it and STILL works there. In fact she worked as a DCP person, on the *adult* side as well. So she's definitely IN THE KNOW, and if there's anyone that would appreciate the experience, it would be her! And it would make us all SO PROUD that our Disney roots run so deep. I'm sure you know the feeling. Good luck to your niece as well! Keep us posted on how it goes. Rumor has it, they're dropping the applications on 1/14!

I hope she applies and gets in.
You and me, both!

That's awesome. Not only getting to go to a college bowl game, but also that she likes football. I've always been a big football watcher and watched with my dad. My son started getting into it more last year which was a great time to because we live near Philly and are Eagles fans. It was the perfect season for him. He also watches college football with me. But my 6yo daughter doesn't have any interest in watching it. She'll ask if a team won and say yay or boo if they lost but that's about all the interest she can muster.
Let me clarify... my in laws went because other family was going. They brought Gia because she wasn't in school and it was a good time to visit family. Gia and my MIL actually left at halftime to go back to the house and sit in the hot tub. I am glad (and super jealous) that she got to experience it, though. She normally gets SUPER MAD and very envious of our attention when we watch sports. She does like the band and the excitement, though. I thought as she got older it would be more exciting for her, but it's really not. And that sucks because my husband is actually a former LSU player and National Champion. Maybe it'll be more exciting later on.

How are you liking it? I've been wanting one for a year but don't know if I want to take the space in my already small kitchen. I did get an air fryer this Christmas. I really bought it for my husband but I love it. I made bacon in it last week and it was a life changing experience. I know that sounds crazy but I really hate making bacon. It makes me feel greasy. I feel like my kitchen is gross the whole day, not matter how many times I've cleaned it. And I can't get the smell of bacon out of my nose. Making it in the air fryer was so much better.
I AM OBSESSED WITH MY INSTANT POT!!!!!! I'm not a huge cooker, but my crock pot died this year and I'm all about things that make life easier. That air fryer really perks my ears up. But I will say, I like when my house smells like bacon. My mom feels the same way you do about it, so I get it! I cook ours on a griddle and yes the grease is exponential! But the smell makes me feel like "I AM WOMAN, HEAR ME ROAR, I TOOK THE TIME TO COOK FOR MY FAMILY!" LOL

Wow they are both very talented.
They really are!

I want to break out our karaoke machine now. My daughter got it for Christmas last year but wasn't into it. This year she's in a musical theater class so I think she's over the shyness.
Break it out! Dust it off! My new personal fav... Pat Benetar "Heartbreaker" LOL but you have to get REALLY INTO IT. Gia's still very shy. But once she breaks out of it, she won't take a break.

Yeah yeah, everyone says it might be the last trip for awhile...
Ain't that the truth.

Congrats!!! That is super exciting!
It really is! we worked so hard to get this house and get into it, and having our family together, in our house made life EASY but it was also very gratifying.

I got Morgan a 6lb bag of gummy bears and Gwen a big box of Pringles. And I am pretty sure that was one of there favorite gifts...
I forget how easily amused they get on the little things. Gia's birthday is in March and we are getting her a big bed (because we need it to fit company when they visit), but, like... that's it. You get a party. Hope you like it!

That is the best!

Ugh that song....
:confused3

That is amazing! I could never draw that well.
Me either. He's always had that talent. I can do lettering well, but shapes, faces, NOPE.

Morgan just made that jump. From kid to adult isn't that much. But from baby to kid is the one that hurts!
:scared:

Ha! This is an amazing way to put it. Good luck!
:thanks: Good vibes always help!

It truely is! It is always changing. I didn't realize Gia was that close in age to Morgan.
So you know what it's like.. that 8/9 year old girl. :crutches: it's scary LOL

I don't want to alarm you, but 10 year old girls! o_O I'm at the point where I'd ship mine out for a little bit so I can regain my sanity. Wine has become my newest best friend. Lol

I don't want to alarm you, but 10 year old girls! o_O I'm at the point where I'd ship mine out for a little bit so I can regain my sanity. Lol
Don't get me too excited, now!

We went to a bookstore last night and I told Gia one of my new year's resolutions was to find time to read this year. I said, you may not know this, but it's hard to find alone time as a mom. She said, Duh! I was like, "Oh, I didn't know you realized that." She's like then find some alone time, we can go play at Meme's. I said, "I know, but I like hanging out with you guys. It's my favorite." She's like really? Even the screaming toddler? I said, "I mean.... I also want to drop you both off at the lake and drive away from time to time, but yes."

Yes, guilty.

:laughing:

ALLLLLL boy! But you're right. He had the right idea. Next year I want to open my gifts in my car as well.

While driving.

Okay, you're flattering me. KEEP DOING IT!

:lmao: Okay!

But seriously, thank you. It means a lot. It's been something i've been working on a lot and learning more as I go. Now, I buy the patterns. I don't make that. But the layering and the cutting and the weeding it all out is a craft.

Like I said... :worship:

You've got an amazing gift of gab and making other's smile. That's a LOT of talent!

:blush: Awww, shucks.

:rotfl2: I'm so sorry. We got my son the sound book so he can play it himself. I was tired of it being on the TV all the time.

You have a sound proof reading room? How cool is that?

::yes:: No snow, just disco lights. :rotfl:

Snow. Northern lights.

There is ONE video and my brother has it. I have not even seen it yet. I made him film it to show my husband that had to leave early with the baby so Mommy could get crazy with her siblings. (Thank you, husband). But Mom says it's really good, actually. ....I'm too nervous to judge for myself. I'm one of those people that hates hearing myself.

The crowd hushed, wondering if she'd be brave enough to post it. Time will tell...

Well I've decided to meet in the middle. I still want to get pregnant, but I'm going to work out/eat slightly better so my starting pregnancy weight is lower than is it right now :cool1: HAHAHAHH

Actually... that's a very smart idea. :)

I hate to say it but 10 was a big change! At least for Morgan it has been. She changed from a kid and is really turning into a teenager. Hanging out in her room and rolling her eyes at us. All that good stuff.

I hate to say it but 10 was a big change! At least for Morgan it has been. She changed from a kid and is really turning into a teenager. Hanging out in her room and rolling her eyes at us. All that good stuff.
This is the age I have been noticing real change too. Definitely seeing the start of the hormones. And it's not very pretty sometimes! Lol...

What a wonderful, Christmas update! :) The Disney art is amazing; no wonder there were big smiles on faces!

Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful, Holiday happenings!

I was so far behind and now caught up now. I can't believe how much JP has already changed. That transition from baby to toddler happens so fast.

Good luck to your niece as well! Keep us posted on how it goes. Rumor has it, they're dropping the applications on 1/14!

Thank you! Didn't see them yesterday, but she's ready to go whenever they come out. Good news for me yesterday though. I decided to crash my sister/nieces March vacation for two days. They're staying at the GF club level where I've never stayed. So excited!! Now I'm done hijacking your report :blush:

The crowd hushed, wondering if she'd be brave enough to post it. Time will tell...
SURVEY SAYS... hard nope. I have now seen the video, and while it's not terrible i'm going to have to pass on sharing it with anyone, basically ever LOL

Actually... that's a very smart idea. :)
:thanks: we've been running every night, so that's a start! Gotta get that starting weight lower because there's only one way from there and that's UP THE SCALE! :P

roll your eyes all you want... IN YOUR ROOM. (insert the typical, " GOOD! I LIKE MY ROOM!" then my response of, "GOOD! BECAUSE YOU'LL BE IN THERE A WHILE UNTIL YOU FIX THAT ATTITUDE!") yeah we're there. lately she's been great, but it's like a box of chocolates. you know the potential inside, but never which one you're about to pick up.

This is the age I have been noticing real change too. Definitely seeing the start of the hormones. And it's not very pretty sometimes! Lol...
nope. not pretty. not pretty at all. my thing with Gia right now is THINGS. To be cool, you have to have THINGS, and I do not value THINGS the way I value experiences and time/time together. So she just fights me on all the THINGS I won't let her have. :drinking1

What a wonderful, Christmas update! :) The Disney art is amazing; no wonder there were big smiles on faces!

Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful, Holiday happenings!
:thanks:

I was so far behind and now caught up now. I can't believe how much JP has already changed. That transition from baby to toddler happens so fast.
SO FAST!!!!! He is really into big boy beds right now and climbs up to his sister's bed a lot... and i keep putting the toddler bedrail in my cart online and can't bring myself to buy it yet. i'm not ready. i love watching him grow, but it's like all the sudden time got away from me and i'm like OMG. PLEASE STAY MY BABY FOREVER!

Thank you! Didn't see them yesterday, but she's ready to go whenever they come out. Good news for me yesterday though. I decided to crash my sister/nieces March vacation for two days. They're staying at the GF club level where I've never stayed. So excited!! Now I'm done hijacking your report :blush:
Apparently they'll be out "VERY SOON". Our staff (family) is (not so) patiently waiting.

GF CLUB LEVEL!!!! Talk about living the dream!!!!! Can't wait to hear about that!

SURVEY SAYS... hard nope. I have now seen the video, and while it's not terrible i'm going to have to pass on sharing it with anyone, basically ever LOL

and the crowd responds with a collective "Boooo!!!"

;)

:thanks: we've been running every night, so that's a start! Gotta get that starting weight lower because there's only one way from there and that's UP THE SCALE! :P

Good for you! and... yup!

Splitting up/meeting up/ It’s a small world after all

After the haircut, we hadn’t really touched base with everyone yet. Remember, this was our last park day and now my in laws were joining us. Also remember they are retired and they take things slower, so they were in no rush. Well it was getting close to our first fastpass time and I just didn’t feel like riding rides this go-around. Mom was determined to get her riding in and said she was fine to do it alone! So she took off to rides some things in Adventure/FrontierLand and Jimmy and I went to eat at Liberty Tree Tavern. At this point, it was Ash Wednesday and we weren’t SUPPOSED to eat meat… but I’m pretty sure we both had a bit of bacon already that morning, not thinking about it. So I was intent on getting my lobster roll!

Before we split, we got a chance to see the Muppets in Liberty Square. If you are ever passing by, stick around. It’s a really cute little side show!

0d2xsCyvrZyBfCHmFhBHyj9icA-Eh2DS4aJkz8ZVLe0cNXNrtI6Bs-6resz13kYqRsGIlWz9Oc_fvltZ5WafMMMIFOkEoRkwrSpl_D2SmzRZAtekDGyzl7I7mz0cDlmAejzLH9gT

JKMsCJAXhVOLZ4rZdGrXlUml87WqwbG57WH_kGUfsNVX0k7R2_8IoOci0P7qyLpm-yZD5gBg01iKBJhSoedmmVTt2kcuHzi7AsO4tHYGfT_7pj7adk8b4htvtN09FInjuQB2BM5W

It was still early, so when we were ordering our food, we were basically the only ones at Liberty Tree Tavern. I remember being worried about crowds because it was Ash Wednesday. As we went through the line, JP was being his charming little self and we ordered things he could eat from and the cashier just thought he was so cute that he asked me if JP could have an applesauce. I didn’t even know these places HAD the applesauce pouches, but he GAVE it to us. I was so excited. You know, it’s the little things. While we were eating, JP just couldn’t stop “showing his muscles”.

GAJrBXKFTNg9rEQ91DhfQasYPBWmhtQqzpxZO_G-ZfhRGJfaBWrRsLUVUGgcvRLyrbPh2uIWysJO9KYvO1fN9x0JsU_EhRSwgBkO8dBtOeJmnNcSn1Z9HDm9gJ6FSkorUpy5OgOP

After lunch, we had told Gia and her mom about where we were and we found them in the stroller parking area right outside the restaurant. We gave her the small Valentine gifts we had gotten her and did our usual hugs and kisses. So we asked Gia what she wanted to do, and in her mind, it had to be something the babies could do. She wanted us ALL to ride Small World because JP just loved it and she hoped Christian would, too. Now this meant that Mom was the only one to use the Big Thunder Mountain fastpass. She also went on to ride Pirates and take a few pics solo. She’s brave, I don’t know if I would do that, but I know it’s a thing a lot of people enjoy! Also, Mom wanted some space to do what SHE wanted after having been my right hand man all week. And since my in laws would be meeting us and hadn’t seen the kids basically in a week, she wanted to give them time to play. It’s hard splitting the attention of 2 kids between so many adults. I didn’t like Mom being gone, but she deserved to do what she wanted for a while.

cQufoaeHASAWr5fnPT0X9NSONKqL2uOzi8mRUs46hbDeXdH6nnd-H5VQ97alwEbf9z803cSXxViR9IIUKicjAm_TH1u_8ZVH_LtkR6-EvqjVTtJq3zcKv6CbKc0lc3GPVEgsfGTU

The line for Small World wasn’t exactly short, but it does move. We had been texting our plans to my in laws whenever they would be able to meet up. We made it through the outside portion of the line. The back and forth chains. Then… perfect timing… my in laws met us at the last area they could sneak in line with us before the line slopes around. That worked out kind of perfect. And yes, we were THOSE people.

While in line, we had to get a few shots of that fresh cut JP got! But he was less than interested. So we just took pics anyway. The good thing about when we do stuff with Gia’s mom is that we have each other to take pictures for the other family!

abf3QTli8uO6n_FvUe7EvIzKBv5rzD-kU9koWtRMF4V6twZvQ37gC3IL9v8SrKrqi7ViRPXm3PQVVjyo_Ek1yvMpNXJozc-FoThQo5dnfeQMWQYXDVPArtRGz3Idozk0-d7I5-0F

aJ1RZorq1a9_JczThmB-5Km6TfIZb92SXtIoRBaAP9O2Zi3-FN4M6k4zHgg4U7WTv8YIm-Iu4lTQBn04knNLdEC84yoF7jkjdVlyTBK2E1XfsVmEwsy9gArQ_AKsLpcAFeeMUjOO

LQtUu8_tQq6eXfx9sPxo6LEgC6-CeZYK6rU6dE76QGFLGiTJLaMYejiiKCJXlm_imcg55dWbQSBMBG9ub5jxUuzw_aaQQA7YFuZ2ar1UVmAydHDJPcy-fUjdhnEVRhNABIcj8JJD

Both babies loved Small World. Like I’ve said before, it’s now our family favorite just because everyone can enjoy it. Also, we really love the last room you go through when they tell you goodbye and now they say your name based on your magicband location. The other day when we had ridden, some of our names showed twice because we had more than one magic band. On this ride, we couldn’t help but laugh because of this…

82cCpSYxbWnrmIRrtpoJlUTdVwcm3okitufUqq1nGJPmhYugzIiqtS5MZ20nPySDoJxPLfJ0gZy4LTXbRjOHtdccb4IS6h1W5UDpIaSgZ5XGOOQHreeJQfDLoEO3BpIMcQKuN27Y

So not only had we now vacationed together, on Valentine’s Day… but Small World thinks we are besties. It was just too funny. Had to take a picture.

Actually, now we are also both planning Gia’s next birthday party together. It’s going to be a slumber party at my house. So it looks like Ashley is going to be having a slumber party with me. I must admit… words I’d never thought I’d say! But, that’s growth, right? And one of my resolutions each year it to grow. So there you have it.:confused3

After Small World (and SO MUCH SUNSCREEN), they needed to eat and we wanted to let JP play in Casey Junior’s water area. This was another one of those moments Gia was torn, but she was hungry. So to keep her happy, my in laws went with her and we were all going to meet back up, Mom included, at Casey Junior’s.

As we started walking that way, JP fell asleep. So to let him nap a bit, we decided to finally get that snack in Gaston’s tavern. My husband is my real life Gaston and it was Valentine’s Day after all. (I realize I just said I married a villain. He’s a complicated man.)

u-KIMuNFkwjwT8jzQ3XUbCxhBv0vr_9XmfG7ozNehpmSGHsfVZ02UIT_51XLRr0A45bzal5trMjR7_DcjvGRxmNw7aqXLIYCuGJB9vhAHfvBFCk3smzqvGz2qO3r-yQwWFoK6fZq

h1GNWhJKo9PFKHoXDRM94oEZ9dsoDrfMNHFSqDcN-3g-6Xbx3Z1wWiMWm7laClH98taYRtthZeU-XRfr5CTdl820XmJnlOiKexw5bE_9wCaaFhKgPo8ZoXBlWS2yVcb77Drm8Y97

If you don’t get the souvenir cup, did you really even go?

(Continued)

We hung out there for a while and shopped around the area a bit to let JP sleep. Mom came and met up with us about the time JP woke up. I took that opportunity to get him water-ready. First, we did a test run on Gaston’s fountain.

XLRse_VCdXL8p6RApTRghj1CJJ2dprb6P3gDBGOzz5Xw5lVlucV_iI8-Ct03iXBV0tJjvqOf9Lf8OGzbTcNg6dZ50nconS8UnGRm6UtYYxPHmg9MhkYyQHC560ySRHfN-VN5GdkJ

Then we were finally headed where we were supposed to go an hour ago… Casey Junior’s Splash Pad… but first Jim and I needed a pic. We were in our Lady and the Tramp shirts. This is more shirts that I made. My husband is Italian, so the L&T spaghetti kiss was what we decided on for Vday in Disney!

4utE4JKvsMKG-JAehLMv6RVBhFq7fOpStRSF-fpl2qtqpnXLK9h-RvNDTXK0Abky3iFBfNdDnILwckcTyiSRajcMyy_lN-nyoFWI6JPG4MlJURDQHVLaSBdLKjFqeqPWHZQtccB-

But we couldn’t hold back my boy much longer. He was ready to play. He wasn’t walking at this point, and the ground is concrete, so crawling wasn’t much of an option, either. So we basically just decided that I would get in there with him and luckily, I had a change of clothes for myself. When he was that age, I tried to always keep a backup in case I got thrown up on or pooped on or something. I can now add “or in case he needs someone to help him play at the splash pad” to that list of emergencies. #Proud2Bmom

HcNARynzTdEQ5KnTXsQT1Yyxuff1Ki8Qz7VSshgUh3HjM2vG_8xOsluWr0zbFbtcddhi30ASHij2XO2mhVfSzQax6wLYpLXoiVG4awBROgJcrQWzs1jK_N6okeezmElog8oVDwCZ

VVv1kXT7A-LMOa145C99qYmwuykgRSqLMKUqqxsSzswcnneO6OYywFbwAxlH2lzVN8elQ4n6XxpIn8SdJKwPOFksbVrHLRu2uI2u3emlGE-WgcfvzHKxMHWF98rPSET1jX2hyV8j

HYQCbNia9dJa7HuWarCzL20OpZF5szaaGLfhxubsa-Roela9m9hDwN86V9BVPNN-fqBvW9RUYFFsXLfX787mA4gfEhBYtn9SPhoYpWj7cRWxXGX9igGC2lEn8COw2hImz3Eirp7u

Pictures don’t do it justice. He had a freaking blast!!! It’s basically things that spray at you periodically. So there were times we were surprised or anxiously awaiting the camel to spit again. He loved it. And he loved watching other kids play in it, too.

After that, everyone came and met up with us. Ashley and David went to ride Space Mountain (fastpass) while we held onto Gia and Christian and decided to shop! Gia really wanted to take the babies on Dumbo, but I think we ran out of time while we were shopping. Go figure, right? We do so much shopping. Then it was time for the Seven Dwarfs Mine fastpass, but it was also time for the Festival of Fantasy parade. JP and I got cleaned up and changed, we all got some snacks in Fantasy Land, and Gia decided to go ride with her mom and my mom. Mom wasn’t missing it, and her mom was not missing another chance to ride after a slow day of riding. So her husband and baby came with us and we made our way down Main Street.

This was kind of JP’s first parade! HE WAS MESMERIZED!

_tljo7wpUHVHCh_JF9aMQUP7cLtCg5Yj04Yy-Fujk5wHZNVnRvYrBgMXjVdouyzGSk3r-VShGu9jk65t_2_ebI-FqFyDOKo2WAy940VElA849vWflNrKHhfaZyvHM6f_QzpYqX4W

2AxhLhHZnVWFndfveTovkctWN7Zl4hLJMiB3e8DAa9SyVhoqb2e9J4zD8tKHR0kA_a4eEk841jroA9BrJ0DuKfVovModx0CYKgo1poUOZYAcO2rHUXSBJ5POruxmW6dWI2ZqfnjS

f54Hz4UCsToMjakKhM--SwM9plv1t81Grpg4I4WXHpBj3UMiSyGOnKUKGhcCfdFAqpMN7Arp0NqR_MY0GDylCEr2U3QDUpxBq9vGxHYPTBP7vFEwDcjpEFr7yGEwpQ_AXeHGC6XA

He really enjoyed himself! I can’t remember where Jimmy was during this. I think I sent him on a coffee run and he got lost in the parade. HA! Whoops. Funny enough, we all ended up finding each other in the middle of Main Street after the parade ended. So glad we took the opportunity to get some photopass pictures in. I realize now how hard it is to do all the little things like that when the group is large. I’m glad we took such good advantage of it earlier in the trip. Some of my favorite pics!

QobYlIJZkAze47DzHnSX-1gaYsSccqvuLD2n_8YE4WTF_YwN2BjReztmMcatahVHGWzXNgGcSX4fbMPUkx7uxfUrCawpcNquVdj74X8PsXXYqYByis-1d1qoy4bVaGZxDfXT5fDC

GzOVpE9x0Be9abDhFNOkEdzo-92xEijmAmYoc2nSZRe_tza0MTXZOVcdrrvOHBFwXugYHUUDWuhQWYC0UkNtjcEqU42-2K20R2jkKz8e1IOMp-HWfkwC5hYG1_bvMz8IgbD-iGdt

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!