Black Friday

last year the list was pretty accurate. I do not think Circuit City is correct, it looks like only dvd's and all the same titles that were last year's sale items.

Also I do not think Walmart is correct. I am looking for one of those portable dvd players and the only place I could find one was in Costco's ad. I KNOW if they are running then at least one of the lower priced places most likely would have it. I am thinking Walmart or Circuit City or even Best Buy they had one last year.

Can you post the details of the portable DVD player at Costco. I just bought a Mintek 8" and am wondering if it's going on sale with that coupon. I'm not the primary on the Costco account so I didn't get a coupon. I can get one if I need too. Just need the details on what Costco is offereing on that portable DVD.

Thanks

I did not get the coupon yet but I am 99% sure the brand they carry is the MITEk. Does anyone know a website where I can compare the individual brands of personal dvd players against each other? I know there was one I used last year for digital cameras but I cannot remember what it was.

My DH works in the appliance department at Sears and said "Yes, all Kenmore will be 20% off" - but remember, that is off REGULAR price (just in case - I don't want to get yelled at.

I KNOW for a fact that Best Buy doesn't sell Sony Clie any more and that is shown on their list, so it is probably last year as well.

The Kenmore BF sale is a old standby for BF. I do go into Sears, and use that sale every BF.

Yes, Best Buys is last years. They haven't had the Clie in ages.

I also stake out the store the last hour before closing prior to Black Friday. I walk around, and see where they are putting stuff. I can find where Target is putting the "big items" out on Wednesday evening around 9:45 pm. I then sketch that out on my map.

WOW I am impressed!

I geneally go to a friends on Thanksgiving and we just hit the big mall so I don't get to do the great sales at Walmart, Target etc...

That Sears Toshiba 46" hdtv is a deal ($999.00) - I've been pricing tvs now for about two years and the lowest I've seen that model has been around $1,198 - it needs a stand though (it's a table top).

Too bad the economy is so bad for us that I can't even afford it on sale right now....

Could someone post info about the Cosco DVD player. I am a member but haven't gotten anything in the mail:confused:

Would love some details..

I dont know about costco but i have been watching the ads too and right now it looks like Radio Shack is the cheapest at 129.99 with 7" lcd axion brand

WEll if Radio Shack is at 129 for a 7 inch then you KNOW someone else will have a better buy. They usually are not the cheapest or if they are it is usually not the best quality.

I also stake out the store the last hour before closing prior to Black Friday. I walk around, and see where they are putting stuff. I can find where Target is putting the "big items" out on Wednesday evening around 9:45 pm. I then sketch that out on my map.
Does the "Mission Impossible" theme song play in your head as you are casing the joint and sketching out your blueprint?
:p

Originally posted by CheapMom
Does the "Mission Impossible" theme song play in your head as you are casing the joint and sketching out your blueprint?
:p

No, but I do keep a nice folder, and whip it out on BF morning. I have excel spreadsheets maps, ads, etc. Most of the people in line see my stuff and are surprised.

I wish I could be that organized! ::yes::

I love watching the BF info pop up - even if 95% of it is not of any use to me.

Here is Walmarts.
1/10th Scale Jeep or Dodge Ram radio-controlled Vehicle $20
10kt Gold 2 Pair Hoop Earring Set $14.94
2 Pack Board Game: Monopoly & Chutes & Ladders $10
2 Pack Board Game: Trouble & Connect Four $10
3 piece Table and Chairs Set (Spider Man 2, Spongebob or Dora) $18
5ft Nutcracker Asst. $96
6 Drawer Rolling Tool Chest $44.36
6 Volt Drill $10
7ft Pre-Lit Slim Noble Christmas Tree $39
Apex 5.6 inch Portable DVD Player $99.74
Assorted Watches $5
Bike Helmet $8
Boys Athletic Works Fleece Hooded Pullover $5
Boys Athletic Works Knit Track Pants $5
Boys Faded Glory Carpenter Jeans $6.77
Bratz Slumber Party Doll $8.88
Brother Sewing Machine $74.42
Can Opener $4.77
Dancing Dora Doll $12
Dessert Fondue Set $4.77
Electric Knife $4.77
Eureka Bagless Whirlwind Upright Vacuum $42
Fisher Price Rock 'n Play Piano $10
Fisher Price Super 6 Volt Sport Tracker ATV $99.99
Fleece Throw/Blanket Combo $10
Fur Real Cat w/ Newborn Kitten $20
Girls Hanes Her Way Fleece Hooded Jacket $5
Girls Hanes Her Way Fleece Pants $5
Hair Dryer $4.77
HP Pavilion A705W-B Computer w/ 17" inch Flat CRT $498
Impact 128 MB SD Media Care $14.96
Infant or Toddler Boys or Girls Fleece Hodded Jacket $5
Infant or Toddler Boys or Girls Pants $4
Kodak Easy Share DX4530 Digital Camera with Docking Station $198
Ladies Athletic Works Plush Fleece Hooded Jacket $7
Ladies Athletics Works Micropique Pants $7
Ladies Character Fleece Top $7
Leapad Learning Software $20
Mens Faded Glory Carpenter Jeans $7.77
Mens Jerzee Fleece Hooded Zip or Pullover $6
Mens or Ladies Quest 26" Mountain Bike $40
Mini Food Chopper $4.77
My Scene Barbie with Vespa Scooter $7
Namco 2-pack Plug 'n play TV Games $20
Nintendo Game Boy Advance $39.93
Palm Sander $10
Panasonic VHS-C Camcorder with 2.5 inch Color LCD $179
Plush 21" Character Asst. (Winnie the Pooh, Care Bears, etc.) $10
Quest 20" Boy's Cobra or Girl's Blossom Bike $25
Regal 34 piece Non-Stick Cookware Set $28.36
Sky Bouncer 12ft Trampoline $98.37
Sky Bouncer 12ft Trampoline Safety Enclosure $83.37
Special Buy DVD Assortment $3.88
Spider Man 2 2-pack Poseable Action Figures $10
Steam Iron $4.77
Symphonic 20 inch Flat-Screen TV/DVD Combo $139.92
Symphonic DVD/CD player $27.87
Venturer 2 Screen DVD Player System $199.73
Video Now Personal Video Player $20
Womens Athletic Works Plush Fleece Hoodie $8

I have also been looking for a portable DVD player for my twin DD's. The only place that I can find a dual screen player is at Walmart. Their website (and the store) have it listed under the name of Durabrand, not Venturer although through my research, including ebay I think they are one in the same.

Now, my other question is Walmart offers two portable DVD players that have two screens, both made by Durabrand. One is for $278.00 that does not come with a battery. The other sells for $298.00 and it does come with a battery. I'm wondering which one is in the BF ad?

We would rather have the one with the battery so we could take it on our next airplane trip to WDW!!

Does anyone know about the video now player at walmart.. Is it color or black and white?

for that price I would have to say black and white. I just posted a reply to the other post about walmarts black friday sale-check it out.

Some of the Walmart stuff i sthe same as last year.. such as the earrings for $14 and some of the board games.

That video now is the B/w one for that price. Last year the Video now was $32 (b/w) at Target BF.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter