Black Friday update 11/27; see posts 1, 138, 166

My mom wants an instant pot Duo Nova 3 quart - most sales I've seen are for. a regular instant pot.
Any one seen Black Friday deals for this kind?

Any idea.on what Victoria's secret, specifically Pink does? Don't normally shop there but in my search for comfy bras without underwire I ended up there. I'd like to get a couple more and figure this is a.good time to do it.

Note about Rural King ad, if anybody is planning to shop there. The ad indicates 40% discount on Yeti after applying the (extra) 10% coupon.

Make sure you get at least the full 40%.
40% off $100 is $60.
30%* off $100 is $70, then the additional 10% off the sale price brings it to $63.

This makes the net discount 37%, not 40%. Don't let them get away with this :D

*which is what I feel is the basic sale price, since there are different items at different prices

Two things. I'm having a LOT of trouble editing my posts, so I might just make a new post each day. Only six days left.

I'm going to start a new thread to let you all know when the sales to live online. Not yet, because the only one I know is Walmart.

Does anyone happen to know where I can get iTunes gift cards at a discount for smaller denomination card? Id like to get maybe a $10 or $15 card. Most of the discount seem to be on larger amounts.

If I go online and fill my basket with everything I want from Target and Walmart will the prices automatically change to the Black Friday prices when the sales hit?

Also, has anyone seen a good price on just a regular, nothing-special hairdryer?

Anyone looking at yeti products? If you are, you probably know that they rarely go on sale. I don’t know if it’s a glitch but dicks has 20% off and it is working on yeti products.

I just purchased the cooler backpack that is priced at $299 before tax for $255.23 after tax. (Your price will vary depending on your state tax rate)

Dicks also has a promo where you Earn $20 Dick's Cash with YETI Purchase $100-199.99 or $40 Dick's Cash w/ Purchase $200+! View Promo Details for More Information.

I have a few things I am hoping to pick up there that aren't on sale yet, so I Googled it yesterday. Most sites expect BestBuy to go live with their Black Friday pricing online at 12AM ET Thursday morning, or possibly even a little earlier. Thankfully I am on the west coast, so that's before my bedtime ;)

My items are all sitting in my cart, all I need to do is press that "Checkout" button!

Lots of items are on sale at their Black Friday prices at BestBuy now. I don't know if that includes extreme doorbusters, but it includes a printer I wanted that was deeply discounted. A monitor I also wanted suddenly went on sale yesterday, at least for MyBestBuy members.

I was able to get both items from my local store with curbside pickup. Yay! I have a new job that I am going to be working half time from home (the other half travelling) so I want to setup a better home office. Thank Goodness this is all happening around Black Friday!!

Last edited:
I was only getting a couple things but I managed to finish my BF shopping today.
I thought I'd have to wait until Wednesday but Target has their BF prices today.

My mom wants an instant pot Duo Nova 3 quart - most sales I've seen are for. a regular instant pot.
Any one seen Black Friday deals for this kind?

Kohl's just started their Black Friday deals and they have this Instant Pot on sale. With the 15% off coupon it's $68 and you'll get $15 back in Kohl's Cash. Or you can get it on Amazon for $60.

Lots of items are on sale at their Black Friday prices at BestBuy now. I don't know if that includes extreme doorbusters, but it includes a printer I wanted that was deeply discounted. A monitor I also wanted suddenly went on sale yesterday, at least for MyBestBuy members.

I was able to get both items from my local store with curbside pickup. Yay! I have a new job that I am going to be working half time from home (the other half travelling) so I want to setup a better home office. Thank Goodness this is all happening around Black Friday!!
I just bought some wireless headphones from BB today, even though their Black Friday deal was $1 more than amazon (my kids use my amazon so I need to shop for their gifts elsewhere). Every headphone I looked at was either the same price as amazon, or a dollar more.

I just bought some wireless headphones from BB today, even though their Black Friday deal was $1 more than amazon (my kids use my amazon so I need to shop for their gifts elsewhere). Every headphone I looked at was either the same price as amazon, or a dollar more.

Honestly, when Amazon and BestBuy are basically the same price, I always go with BestBuy these days for a couple of reasons: (1) I am less likely to get a counterfeit product; there are just too many reports of getting counterfeit stuff from Amazon, even when you buy from Amazon and not a 3rd party (not that I think Amazon is doing it on purpose, I've read one explanation could be they are co-mingling stock with 3rd party sellers), and (2) it's easier for me to do BestBuy returns at the local store. I know Kohl's does Amazon returns now, which helps, but the BestBuy line goes faster than Kohl's. :)

Then there's also the porch pirate factor, which I battle with regularly. I'd rather pick up locally when I can. I also like the immediate gratification of picking up those items my local BestBuy has in stock the same day I order. Yes, I have child-like tendencies at times LOL

Last edited:
Anyone looking at yeti products? If you are, you probably know that they rarely go on sale. I don’t know if it’s a glitch but dicks has 20% off and it is working on yeti products.

I just purchased the cooler backpack that is priced at $299 before tax for $255.23 after tax. (Your price will vary depending on your state tax rate)

Dicks also has a promo where you Earn $20 Dick's Cash with YETI Purchase $100-199.99 or $40 Dick's Cash w/ Purchase $200+! View Promo Details for More Information.

A good alternative to Yeti products are Cabelas store brand equivalents. Another way to save money on these coolers.

A good alternative to Yeti products are Cabelas store brand equivalents. Another way to save money on these coolers.
Thanks!I will have to look up the reviews on their brand. I haven’t heard anything good or bad about them. I fully admit that yeti’s are expensive but I got hooked on the brand when I bought the 20 oz coffee mug tumblers a few years ago. I use my mug all day every day and it stays hot for hours. One of the best $30 purchases of my life.

Thanks!I will have to look up the reviews on their brand. I haven’t heard anything good or bad about them. I fully admit that yeti’s are expensive but I got hooked on the brand when I bought the 20 oz coffee mug tumblers a few years ago. I use my mug all day every day and it stays hot for hours. One of the best $30 purchases of my life.

Their products work great, but they’re also expensive. So I’m always on the look out for cheaper alternatives. Cabelas did a good job with their cooler alternative, and the reviews I did find were good. If I really wanted to spend a lot, I’d get a battery and fridge combo.

Honestly, when Amazon and BestBuy are basically the same price, I always go with BestBuy these days for a couple of reasons: (1) I am less likely to get a counterfeit product; there are just too many reports of getting counterfeit stuff from Amazon, even when you buy from Amazon and not a 3rd party (not that I think Amazon is doing it on purpose, I've read one explanation could be they are co-mingling stock with 3rd party sellers), and (2) it's easier for me to do BestBuy returns at the local store. I know Kohl's does Amazon returns now, which helps, but the BestBuy line goes faster than Kohl's. :)

Then there's also the porch pirate factor, which I battle with regularly. I'd rather pick up locally when I can. I also like the immediate gratification of picking up those items my local BestBuy has in stock the same day I order. Yes, I have child-like tendencies at times LOL
Lol I’m the opposite, would rather have stuff mailed to me! Plus kohl’s is 5 minutes away local streets while BB is 15 minutes away on a highway (which around here means don’t go near rush hour). I agree about the 3rd party sellers, there are items I won’t buy on amazon (like otter boxes).

Does anyone know when the BB BF sale goes live? The item I want (a Sonos sound bar) still has the regular price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter