Biscuit's Grand Adventure | An epic tale three decades in the making!

GB! I'm finally caught up!

I am loving your pictures. Can't wait for the next episode.

Don't sweat the SME issues. It's good to be the SME because in the next round of layoffs it won't be you because they'll need you more. JMO

We have finally solved our Disney withdrawls by planning another trip! We will be sweating it out in June 2010! So, I am taking notes on the heat. I am seeing a lot of "DOG Hot" and melting. I will have to prepare for this!

Thanks for your TR!

The day I had been dreading all week was here. Today we would bid Disney a fond farewell and head back to the "real world" . We were scheduled to leave the resort at noon for the bus ride to the airport. The Biscuit clan had a "do nothing" day and slept in. As I have mentioned before, we are not late sleepers and neither is Preston. We got up and headed to the food court for our last meal at WDW. The breakfast there was actually pretty good. After we ate, Preston wanted to get shirts for his mom and dad and for little brother Cooper. We made a few trips around the gift area and he finally settled on which treasures he wanted for his family.

With that done, we went back to get ready for our "last swim". The water was great and Preston soon found a friend to play with. I swam for a while and then headed up to get our bags packed. After all was in place, I went back to the pool for "just a few minutes" while Papa got dressed.

Finally the time had come and we had to get out and get dressed for the airport. We got dry clothes on, packed the wet ones in plastic bags (courtesy of the Biscuit clan, they think of everything!) and gave our room one more "look see" to make sure we weren't leaving anything behind.

We knocked on the Biscuit's door and told them all good-bye. Preston had decided he wanted a "Mouse Ear hat" so he gave his souvenir money to Tahli with instructions of exactly what he wanted.

After our farewells, we headed down to wait for the bus. While we were waiting, Preston played with the giant Legos outside and had one last adventure! The bus soon arrived and we boarded. We looked out the window and watched DW slip from sight. The ride to the airport was full of "my favorite thing was ..." with lots of favorite things!

We had 2 hours to wait when we arrived at the airport. Not to worry, there was the ever familiar golden arches. We made our lunch decisions and sat down to eat. While we were eating, Papa asked for the boarding passes. I gave them to him and said "hang on to those, we will need them". I knew better but I didn't do better!

After we ate, we went in the gift shop and bought a couple of magazines and coloring books for the flight home. We then made our way to the facilities. We then headed for the gates. I asked Papa to check the boarding passes to make sure of the gate number. After going through his pockets numerous times, going back to our table at McDonald's , checking the restroom, emptying my purse - well you get the picture, we decided that the boarding passes were indeed gone! Where, we did not know but they were officially "gone". We went to the customer service desk, explained our difficulties and were immediately given new boarding passes. I was amazed at how easy it was!

Finally we boarded. Preston took a window seat and quietly watched the ground fade from view. When all we could see was clouds, he turned to me and said, "Nana, this is the best week of my life". Now that, my friends, is what Disney World is all about!

Coming on Epdisode 68 3/4 - The Lost Photos

Click here for next episode!

Awesome update, GB! What an exhibitionist that gal must have been to display her wares like that - you know she wanted you guys to see them! Taaaa - cky!

There's the word I was looking for!!! T.A.C.K.Y.! Blech!:guilty:

Finally we boarded. Preston took a window seat and quietly watched the ground fade from view. When all we could see was clouds, he turned to me and said, "Nana, this is the best week of my life". Now that, my friends, is what Disney World is all about!

That made my heart melt! No matter what you had to get through to make the trip happen, it was all worth it with that simple statement!

Denise

The day I had been dreading all week was here. Today we would bid Disney a fond farewell and head back to the "real world" .

D-Day. So sad.

We knocked on the Biscuit's door and told them all good-bye. Preston had decided he wanted a "Mouse Ear hat" so he gave his souvenir money to Tahli with instructions of exactly what he wanted.

There is always one more souvie I could pick up too.

When all we could see was clouds, he turned to me and said, "Nana, this is the best week of my life". Now that, my friends, is what Disney World is all about!

What a wonderful gift Preston gave back to you with this statement.

I wish the entire biscuit clan many many more best weeks of their lives!

Man, you write alot!!!!! ;)
I’m telling you! What can I say, I find it cathartic.

You just can't make that stuff up! People have no shame. I mean I'm happy they're married, but really? I'd hate to be the rooms on either side of theirs..:rolleyes1
Sad. Very, very sad. Yet also amusing.

I actually like laundry days...
I didn’t mind the laundry part. I just could have done without the entertainment.

Oh my stars!

Besides the fact that she likely ruined all of those items....they are HANDWASH ONLY...
My impression of the girl was that she wasn’t exactly a “read the label” type of gal.

That is just plain weird. In a flasher narcissistic sort of way. Like look at me, I'm still married but I know you really think I'm hot myopic weird kind of way. And I'll show you "just" how hot.
Yeah that was just SOOOO not how folks want to start their day at Disney.

If one must wash those in public it all goes in the basket and is folded IN YOUR ROOM!
That’s all I’m saying. It’s in the manual. Page 432.

You crack me up. You poor thing! I'm glad you were at least not alone in the awkwardness. I'll say this. I really don't want to do laundry unless I'm in a villa!
Yet another reason I hope to rent DVC points next time around.

And even if it did wrinkle.....it's not like the intended party would have noticed! :thumbsup2 :laughing:
Very true. That’s also in the manual page one I believe.

Hmmm.... lingerie flapping in the breeze like a flagman's or farts in an operating room.... DISsing is just getting to be too much fun!! I get more entertainment here than anywhere else I could turn to.
I’m telling you! Folks just don’t get how much fun we have around here!

Sounds like you're only going to get one attraction in before you have to head over to WCC. I wanted to do that last time, but Hoop won out. Maybe someday. :confused3
Someday your ribs will come.

I'll say it again!!! No more cream cheese pretzels is a travesty!! I am peeved, but only because I can't use a stronger word here. I have been looking forward to those for over a year now, and alas, they are no more!!
It was a sad moment. I almost shed a tear.

::yes:: BUT they do lock it at 9pm, so you would need your card!:thumbsup2
Good to know!

::Men will do ANYTHING to get out of shopping won't they:rolleyes:
Hey, I already added that one to my play book. Once the girls are a bit older and have their eyes set on a shopping spree, I’ll certainly sacrifice and stay at the resort to do the laundry.

Great update! That picture of Haille not-wearing the hat is adorable.
Thanks! I thought it was a riot.

That laundry story is hilarious, though in my brain lingerie + Disney = "does not compute." Granted, I've never been there on a honeymoon...:rolleyes1
Which is why we hypothesized that they had not gotten in a whole lotta park time.

Oh no. Now I'm imagining Disney-themed lingerie. It's both hilarious and just wrong! Minnie ears in a whole new context! Stop, brain, stop! Biscuit, what have you done to me? :rotfl2:
Sorry to have corrupted you! Sing three stanzas of It’s a Small World, then call Disney Dining and tell them you reservations for Cindy’s for lunch to day for a party of 37. You’ll feel better.

Before I even read the caption, I was thinking the same thing! :lmao:
Great minds think alike!

We had an 8:00 adr. My pictures are posted in my trip report. We were seated in the main room in the center.
I’ll be checking those out.

:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:

Wow, what a story. Not one you'd expect in a Disney trip report. I guess we can be happy it was all grown ups in the room. I wouldn't want to be the parent to answer those questions.
Aint that the truth!

As for the rest of the day, sounds great so far. My condolences on the pretzel, though. We had one for breakfast one day when we were there, and they were yummy. I mean, er, not to rub it in...
I’m still sad about the pretzels. I LOVE the spicy sausage and jalapeno cheese kolaches they have at one of the local donut shops here. That right there is the breakfast of champions my friend.

Lucky Pipster! We've been to DW how many times, and never once brought back a souvenir for Scooter.
She’s over spoiled, that much is for certain.

I've had the pleasure (?) of doing laundry in a value, a moderate and a deluxe disney resort. Just like Disney ranks their toilet paper they do indeed rank their laundry facilities. The deluxe laundry rooms come complete with an adjoining TV lounge.
That’s good to know. One more reason to argue for an upgrade!

For the record I like doing laundry at disney. At least if I have a good book and a choice beverage. It usually means I can dump the kids on someone else and have a few quiet moments to myself.
It was fun. But I gotta say it paled in comparison to my solo adventures on day seven. But that’s getting ahead of myself.

Sad news about the pretzel.:sad2:
Devastation really.

GB! I'm finally caught up!
Hey! Long time no see! How’s life treating you! Did I remember correctly that you guys are down in Central Texas now?

I am loving your pictures. Can't wait for the next episode.
Thanks!

Don't sweat the SME issues. It's good to be the SME because in the next round of layoffs it won't be you because they'll need you more. JMO
Yes and no. I was SME when I left my last department and 2 weeks later they canned the entire team and the helpdesk that was 1 tier up.

We have finally solved our Disney withdrawls by planning another trip! We will be sweating it out in June 2010! So, I am taking notes on the heat. I am seeing a lot of "DOG Hot" and melting. I will have to prepare for this!
Awesome! Air Conditioning is your friend, mister fans are a must, drink deeply and drink often, and use lots of sunscreen. There you go. The GB field manual to summer Disney Survival.

The day I had been dreading all week was here. Today we would bid Disney a fond farewell and head back to the "real world" . We were scheduled to leave the resort at noon for the bus ride to the airport. The Biscuit clan had a "do nothing" day and slept in. As I have mentioned before, we are not late sleepers and neither is Preston. We got up and headed to the food court for our last meal at WDW. The breakfast there was actually pretty good. After we ate, Preston wanted to get shirts for his mom and dad and for little brother Cooper. We made a few trips around the gift area and he finally settled on which treasures he wanted for his family.
I guess I need to go update the title now! I LOVED the taters they had at breakfast the day I went up there early.

Finally the time had come and we had to get out and get dressed for the airport. We got dry clothes on, packed the wet ones in plastic bags (courtesy of the Biscuit clan, they think of everything!) and gave our room one more "look see" to make sure we weren't leaving anything behind.
I remember when we did our final look through. It’s such a sad moment when you close that door for the last time.

I felt so bad for Preston. He handled it great, but he was so sad that the girls go to stay.

After our farewells, we headed down to wait for the bus. While we were waiting, Preston played with the giant Legos outside and had one last adventure! The bus soon arrived and we boarded. We looked out the window and watched DW slip from sight. The ride to the airport was full of "my favorite thing was ..." with lots of favorite things!
We did the same thing!

We had 2 hours to wait when we arrived at the airport. Not to worry, there was the ever familiar golden arches. We made our lunch decisions and sat down to eat. While we were eating, Papa asked for the boarding passes. I gave them to him and said "hang on to those, we will need them". I knew better but I didn't do better!

After we ate, we went in the gift shop and bought a couple of magazines and coloring books for the flight home. We then made our way to the facilities. We then headed for the gates. I asked Papa to check the boarding passes to make sure of the gate number. After going through his pockets numerous times, going back to our table at McDonald's , checking the restroom, emptying my purse - well you get the picture, we decided that the boarding passes were indeed gone! Where, we did not know but they were officially "gone". We went to the customer service desk, explained our difficulties and were immediately given new boarding passes. I was amazed at how easy it was!
I’m glad all that worked out.

Now I’m all warm and fuzzy inside!

There's the word I was looking for!!! T.A.C.K.Y.! Blech!:guilty:
Yep.

That made my heart melt! No matter what you had to get through to make the trip happen, it was all worth it with that simple statement!

Denise
Here, here!

D-Day. So sad.
That it is.

There is always one more souvie I could pick up too.
Aint it the truth!

What a wonderful gift Preston gave back to you with this statement.
I still remember going on vacation with my grandparents when I was Preston’s age. We went to Washington D.C. I farted during the white house tour. It’s one of the things I’m most proud of.

I wish the entire biscuit clan many many more best weeks of their lives!
Thanks!

The hardest part of a Disney vacation is leaving. I'm so glad Preston really enjoyed it. Of course this means he'll want to go back!

Me too!

The hardest part of a Disney vacation is leaving. I'm so glad Preston really enjoyed it. Of course this means he'll want to go back!
Uncle Biscuit has corrupted another generation of DIS'ers! BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA.

:sad1: last days are hard. I'm already dreading it and I still have 3 months til my trip...:confused3
Don't you hate that feeling? I had that going through the airport when we arrived and MCO and saw all the folks in security waiting to go home.

When all we could see was clouds, he turned to me and said, "Nana, this is the best week of my life". Now that, my friends, is what Disney World is all about!

Oh! How very sweet! I have tears in my eyes. :lovestruc :cloud9:

It truly sounds like a great few last moments in WDW. A perfect way to wrap up the trip. I am glad to hear they reprinted your boarding passes without a hassle! Whew!!!!

GB-sounds like a great day for your crew so far too! I was laughing out loud at the laundry incident. Fabulous writing. ;) That is a SHAME about the pretzel though!!! :eek:

Oh! How very sweet! I have tears in my eyes. :lovestruc :cloud9:

It truly sounds like a great few last moments in WDW. A perfect way to wrap up the trip. I am glad to hear they reprinted your boarding passes without a hassle! Whew!!!!
It was a magical trip all the way around.

GB-sounds like a great day for your crew so far too! I was laughing out loud at the laundry incident. Fabulous writing. ;) That is a SHAME about the pretzel though!!! :eek:
It was an awesome, albeit peculiar day!

whew.....that took me almost all day to catch up!

Just my luck, I finally get here and you're leaving.

Awww....made me tear up a little. So sweet. :cloud9:

Preston's comment was SO sweet! That's the stuff that makes it all worthwhile, that's for sure!

I LOVE that picture of Hailee "not" wearing that hat. She is a true girlie girl! :rotfl2:

Can't wait to hear what the Biscuit clan does next! (And what Lady Biscuit thought of WCC!)

This was our “free day” so we took advantage of it and slept in.
:woohoo:
Well, sort of. I woke up around 9 and couldn’t fall back to sleep.
9am counts as sleeping in to me! :thumbsup2

What really stunk though was there wasn’t any seating in there.
You're kidding?! :sad2:

Finally KC guy deadpanned “Something tells me they have yet to hit the parks.”
:lmao:

The stuffed pretzels were mysteriously absent from the signage.
WHAT?!?! :faint: :mad:

37830021.jpg
Love this! :thumbsup2

When all we could see was clouds, he turned to me and said, "Nana, this is the best week of my life".
Oh my! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

whew.....that took me almost all day to catch up!

Just my luck, I finally get here and you're leaving.
Hey Winkers! :welcome: Not to worry, our half of the crew still has 4 days to go.

Awww....made me tear up a little. So sweet. :cloud9:
I certainly puts it all in perspective. Suddenly ADR’s, parade spots, and snack credits don’t seem quite as important now.

Preston's comment was SO sweet! That's the stuff that makes it all worthwhile, that's for sure!

I LOVE that picture of Hailee "not" wearing that hat. She is a true girlie girl! :rotfl2:

Can't wait to hear what the Biscuit clan does next! (And what Lady Biscuit thought of WCC!)
Hey AC! It definitely makes it all worth it. Hailee is definitely all girl. (Both of them are actually.)

9am counts as sleeping in to me! :thumbsup2
Normally me to, but my mind kept translating the time back to central time.

You're kidding?! :sad2:
Nope, it was quite sad.

I was not a happy biscuit.

Aww, Nana, Papa, and Preston, I'm sad to see you go. I'm so glad you guys enjoyed the trip so much and that is just the sweetest statement from Preston about it being the best week of his life. Here's to hoping you all can return soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter