Biscuit's Grand Adventure | An epic tale three decades in the making!

As you may or may not recall from the series premier, my first ever WDW attraction was American Journeys in Circle Vision 360. For some reason, there was something nostalgic and appealing about seeing another Circle Vision presentation.
Can I just say? It's very cool reading a TR from someone whose first visits happened around the same time period as mine - the 360 movies are totally nostalgic for me, too. I thought they were beyond cool back in the day, so they bring back a little of that childhood experience each time I see them now. :goodvibes

37860008.jpg

(Nikon N60, Sigma 70-300, Shutter Priority Mode 1/500, ISO 400)
Ooo, I likey! I'm a sucker for short DOF. ;)

My one complaint? The screens fritzed out at the end and we never got to see our futures.
Darn! :sad2:

Hi GB!
While i do not disaggree with your opinion on the olfactory assault, i must say Walt wanted Disney to be for "everyone". So in that 'sense' you must tap into your inner young boy/young teenager and know that the stinky smell is hilarious! Smelly things in general.
Or as my mother in law would say "breaking wind is sometimes amusing!"

My kids loved Crush. They weren't chosen either, but i bet crush was sorry he picked one young boy. it is forever known in my house as "the crush incident". Man, hi lar eee ous. Hence this is a family show here on the dis!

Loved that you and the Mrs. just had some time with the girls to saunter.....

Can I just say? It's very cool reading a TR from someone whose first visits happened around the same time period as mine - the 360 movies are totally nostalgic for me, too. I thought they were beyond cool back in the day, so they bring back a little of that childhood experience each time I see them now.
Kids these days. They don’t realize how good it is. Why back in my day, there wasn’t some fancy seat to lift you up in the air and make you think you were flying. Our park films weren’t augmented with rushing air and corresponding scents. We had didn’t even have seats for crying out loud. We stood, we liked it, and we were happy by golly!

Hi GB!
While i do not disaggree with your opinion on the olfactory assault, i must say Walt wanted Disney to be for "everyone". So in that 'sense' you must tap into your inner young boy/young teenager and know that the stinky smell is hilarious! Smelly things in general.
You do make an interesting point. Hailee laughed hysterically in that particular scene.

Or as my mother in law would say "breaking wind is sometimes amusing!"
I love your mother in law! Although I’d replace “sometimes” with “almost always”.

My kids loved Crush. They weren't chosen either, but i bet crush was sorry he picked one young boy. it is forever known in my house as "the crush incident". Man, hi lar eee ous. Hence this is a family show here on the dis!
Now you’ve got me curious. I can only imagine.

Hey GB!! love your last couple of updates!! And thanks for the boo! I now have a siggie!

That's better. Now where was I? Oh yes, GB has informed me that it's time for a "meanwhile back at the ranch" report. First though, I have to echo the praises of the food at Le Cellier - it was amazing! The dessert was to die for but then I think most desserts are pretty fabulous.

After we went through the aquarium, Preston informed us that he was "done" and wanted to go back and swim. Although we wanted to stay and enjoy the adventures with the whole Biscuit clan, discretion is the better part of valor. Not sure what that means, but I knew if we were to enjoy the evening, it was time to bid farewell to Epcot.

We made the 100 mile journey back to the turnstiles to board the bus. I am sure that they moved it after we arrived that morning and installed furnaces in the sidewalk. It was HOT! We did not have to wait long for the bus and soon we were in air conditioned comfort headed back to the Pop. On the way, Papa decided that a nap was definitely in his immediate future. I require very little sleep and do not like to sleep in the middle of the day. It seems like such a waste of precious time.

When we arrived back in our room, Papa promptly claimed his spot on the bed in front of the AC. Preston and I changed into our swim gear, grabbed our mugs and headed back to the pool.

100_1275.jpg

(Kodak Easy Share C713, Auto Mode)

100_1282.jpg

On the way, we went to the food court and filled our mugs with ice cold caffeine. The pool was very full but because it it such a huge pool, it did not seem to be crowded. Preston LOVES to swim and he LOVES to talk. He soon found a friend who shared his passions and they spent the next two hours training dolphins, finding Nemo, riding in submarines and making their own version of the Rapids.

100_1284.jpg

After an hour or so Papa joined us. We just stood in the water and enjoyed this wonder known as "grandchildren".

100_1292.jpg

100_1286.jpg

100_1290.jpg

This week with three of the four most amazing children in the world and their equally amazing parents is something only a grandparent can understand. Cooper, the next time you will join us as well as any other Biscuits that might join the clan. (Not an announcement, just saying ...). This was a perfect afternoon in a perfect place with perfect people. God is good!

Coming Up on Episode 67, Hunger, Heat & Herds = 1 Fantasmic night.

Click here for Next Episode
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34026418&postcount=1142

Hey GB!! love your last couple of updates!! And thanks for the boo! I now have a siggie!
Thanks! I've been trying to send BOOs to all my readers who are boo-less. I'll have to go through them again when I update next.

I'm trying to post my contribution to the day, but my post count is too low. Fixing that as we speak.
:rolleyes1

That's better. Now where was I? Oh yes, GB has informed me that it's time for a "meanwhile back at the ranch" report. First though, I have to echo the praises of the food at Le Cellier - it was amazing! The dessert was to die for but then I think most desserts are pretty fabulous.
And again I say :rolleyes1 .

On the way, we went to the food court and filled our mugs with ice cold caffeine.
I told you those things were a good thing to buy on our first day.

This week with three of the four most amazing children in the world and their equally amazing parents is something only a grandparent can understand. Cooper, the next time you will join us as well as any other Biscuits that might join the clan. (Not an announcement, just saying ...).
I think we've passed the baton to Karlee on that one.

Hurray for Nana Biscuit!:cool1: I love mutli-family member postings!! It makes the TR's fun to read when there are different points of view!

I am glad that you were able to appreciate the pool. When I go, it's usually just a tad too cold, especially since when we're in the parks all day long, then get back to the hotel at night when it's doubly cold!

The pics of Preston are great! I'm glad he was able to find a friend!:goodvibes

We made the 100 mile journey back to the turnstiles to board the bus. I am sure that they moved it after we arrived that morning and installed furnaces in the sidewalk.

:rotfl2:

How many of us have shared that very same thought.

Hmm.. Nana, I like your version of the afternoon, too. I've always had a hard time prying myself from the parks for a swim, but I can see how it would be very rejuvinating. Kudos to you for choosing valor and discretion.

After an hour or so Papa joined us. We just stood in the water and enjoyed this wonder known as "grandchildren".

100_1292.jpg

This week with three of the four most amazing children in the world and their equally amazing parents is something only a grandparent can understand. Cooper, the next time you will join us as well as any other Biscuits that might join the clan. (Not an announcement, just saying ...). This was a perfect afternoon in a perfect place with perfect people. God is good!

I love this picture.

:goodvibes

Love the Nana and Papa update! Sounds like you had an equally lovely afternoon.

It's great to see a trip from multi-perspectives! Looks like a lovely afternoon getting the Biscuits cooled off after that long, horrid trek to the busses.

Indeed, God is good!

Hurray for Nana Biscuit!:cool1: I love mutli-family member postings!! It makes the TR's fun to read when there are different points of view!

I am glad that you were able to appreciate the pool. When I go, it's usually just a tad too cold, especially since when we're in the parks all day long, then get back to the hotel at night when it's doubly cold!

The pics of Preston are great! I'm glad he was able to find a friend!:goodvibes

:rotfl2:

How many of us have shared that very same thought.

Hmm.. Nana, I like your version of the afternoon, too. I've always had a hard time prying myself from the parks for a swim, but I can see how it would be very rejuvinating. Kudos to you for choosing valor and discretion.

I love this picture.

:goodvibes

Love the Nana and Papa update! Sounds like you had an equally lovely afternoon.

It's great to see a trip from multi-perspectives! Looks like a lovely afternoon getting the Biscuits cooled off after that long, horrid trek to the busses.

Indeed, God is good!

Grandparents are the best!:thumbsup2

NANA Biscuit!

Nana has yet to master the art of multi-quoting, :sad2: but she sends everyone a big round of thanks! :grouphug:

Thanks for the 'back at the ranch' update, Nana Biscuit!

Its so wonderful that you were all able to enjoy this trip together. We LOVED our trips with my parents. They are always saying that trips to WDW with their grandkids top any fancy cruise or other vacation they've been on. I know that it can require a little bit more flexibility and uh, tolerance, but I really, really enjoy taking trips with extended family. Thats what life's all about for me.:)

Two great updates! I'm glad to hear First Lady Biscuit started to warm up to Epcot. :thumbsup2 We love that area with all the fish as well, it's fun to watch the kids' eyes get wide with awe.

Did you know if you have AP's for Sea World, they are good at any Sea World? I learned about that on the DIS Podcast!

Nana, you got a couple great shots of the hippy dippy pool! Sounds like you three also had a relaxing and enjoyable time back at the ranch. Swimming on a summer day in Disney-can't beat it!!!

Hey GB! I'm enjoying your TR and am scrutinizing every photo to see if I can find me and my girls in there! We were there at the same time as you, it was HOOOOOT that week. I have never sweated so much in my life! Keep it up, it's fun reliving our trip through your :happytv: words!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter