Biscuit's Grand Adventure | An epic tale three decades in the making!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

And, yes, GB, you are a class act. And a wonderful daddy, too, I must add.:thumbsup2

Um, yeah, we can't wait either! (hint, hint) This popcorn's gettin' kinda stale. ;)
Thanks AC! The wait is over! Momentarily anyway.

:wave2:

:laughing: love the BBQ song!

I bet you and your lady have that conversation often - BBQ to her = a grill/grilling out! (or at least at some point it did...! :goodvibes)

I have to say, I like mine the Texan way. Beef brisket from Famous Daves. Drool.
LOVE me some Famous Daves!

And being that I used to live in NYC, I also really enjoyed this one!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB9Nv5rwG1U&feature=video_response
Once I finish updating, I'll check it out.

And now, to update!

Previously on Biscuit's Grand Adventure, crafts were created, turtles were talking and a most pleasant afternoon was enjoyed. Tonight's episode will be told from two perspectives, mine (designated GB) and Nana's (designated, well, Nana.)

GB: After we finished up at Epcot, it was time to head over the Studios formerly known as MGM. There happened to be a bus pulling up as we got to the holding pen, and within a few minutes we were under way. This particular drive is a fairly short one and we were standing at the front gates of the Studios about 20 minutes after leaving the front gates of Epcot. Not bad AT ALL!

We had arranged to meet my parents at the Backlot Express. I called my mom to see what their ETA was and she advised that they were waiting on a bus at the Pop Century. While Tracy and the girls visited the facilities, I took a gander at the offerings in The Darkroom. I wound up picking up a cleaning cloth for my camera lens. (thanks for tip on that Topdog) Who knows, maybe a Darkroom souvenir is a new Biscuit DHS tradition. (I picked up a camera strap here on our Honeymoon). I showed my spoils of war to the clan and we once again set out towards The Backlot Express. Since we had some time, we made our way slowly down Hollywood Blvd, stopping to check out some of the shops along the way.

DSC01258 - Copy.JPG

It wasn't too terribly crowded in this portion of the park but it was still HOT. Feeling the need for coolness, we picked up the pace and made our way to the restaurant. This was the third time I have dined in this particular establishment. We visited here on trip number four in 1990, and this was the scene of the "forgotten wallet" lunch from our Honeymoon in 1997. So I guess another DHS tradition has been kept.

We found the spot with relative ease and passed through the doors into the snuggly joys of air conditioning. The place looked different than I remembered. I'm not sure why exactly. To my knowledge there hasn't been a major rehab. I just remembered it differently. The mind is a funny thing. (Well, mine is anyway.) The place was virtually deserted and there wasn't a single guest waiting at any of the registers. We were still waiting on Nana and Papa, but I went ahead and placed our order as it takes a while to get our crew squared away. Tracy and I elected to go with the double cheeseburgers while the girls went for a nugget kid's meal.

We wound with an entire section to ourselves. (The garage area in the back left corner as you first come in.) By the time our food was ready, Nana, Papa and Preston had arrived. After getting the food to the tables, I headed back up to fill drink orders and grab condiments, then went back for napkins, then went back for a spoon for Hailee, then went back for honey mustard for Tahli, then went back for more napkins for a drink that had spilled on the table. (A dads work is never done.)

After verifying that no one needed ANYTHING else, I commenced to chowing down. I know this place isn't a favorite for all, but I gotta say, that burger was actually really good. I don't know if it was because we had to wait on it to cook or if they just have improved the quality from what I remember. All I know is that the burger was really juicy though and quite tasty.

Nana: After a relaxing afternoon, we headed back to meet the Biscuit clan for the evening festivities.

100_1298 - Copy.JPG

We had great directions and made it to the designated eating place with no problem. Of all the meals we had at Disney, this was the worst in my humble opinion. It was not horrible it just tasted like amusement park food. All the other walk-up meals we had eaten were cleverly disguised to make us think we were eating in a good restaurant. But one out 15 is not bad odds!

GB: So I guess I liked the food better than Nana! Anyway, after we were done eating I did a bit of exploring and was again amazed by the detail in this place. Check out the"Manager's Office" back in the garage area sometime. As dinner was winding down, we convened a council meeting to determine our next course of action. We knew we wanted to catch the 2nd showing of Fantasmic which started in just under 2 hours. Having researched this particular topic a number of times, I knew that we really didn't need to worry about being in line for the 2nd showing until around 30-45 min ahead of time. The kids wanted to ride Star Tours so we all headed that way for another ride.

The kids all loved it of course and wanted to go again. Tracy and I somehow managed to finagle, um that is convince Nana into taking the kids while we headed out for a ride on Rock N' Rollercoaster.

The plan made perfect sense to me at the time. With everyone clamoring for a spot in Fastasmic 1.0, we'd have no problems strolling on whatever attraction we wanted. (Except perhaps Toy Story Midway Mania of course) HA! Poor naïve little Biscuit. Apparently the entirety of the park's populace had the same idea. But thats getting ahead of myself.

After parting ways with the rest of the clan, Tracy and I strolled hand in hand around Echo Lake. I made some corny jokes about lost wallets and monsoons, and asked her if she was enjoying this trip a bit more than the last. She assured me that she was. I wished her happy anniversary (a couple of weeks early.) There was much joy and possibly some mushy stuff involved. Security was not paged.

Nana: After we had eaten, we headed over to the all time favorite Star Tours. Again there was very little wait. The kids all got settled and we were off into outer space. Following our landing, Matt and Tracy wanted to go on an "adult" ride. The kids all wanted to ride Star Tours - again. So, Nana and Papa rounded up the gang and headed back to the turnstiles. We got right in, got seated and off we went. Hailee laughed hysterically the whole time, Preston kept saying "awesome" and Tahli chimed in with "cool". We landed again and assumed we would be off to conquer new worlds. However, our motley little crew had a different idea. Papa and I are pretty incapable of saying "no" to one at a time. With six adoring eyes looking up at us and begging, there was only one thing to do. Around we went again and greeted the workers(by now we were on a first name basis) and headed out into space again.

100_1301.JPG

Now you might think that the third time would be the charm - WRONG! Once again we headed back around but this time we said up front - "This is absolutely, positively the last time".

GB: Finally we made it to the entrance of the Rock N Rollercoaster and I stared in disbelief at the sign above the entrance. The wait time was 90 minutes! I had never been on the attraction so I had no idea how to tell whether or not this was accurate. The line did stretch out of the building and quite a way down the outside walkway. We decided not to risk it and headed back toward Sunset Blvd. (Tower of Terror was not an option. If you recall, First Lady Biscuit is not into free-fall rides AT ALL.)

As we passed the entrance to Fantasmic, folks were beginning to line up for the 2nd showing. (Even though showing 1.0 had JUST let everyone in and had not even started yet.) The Cast Member there was advising everyone that there was no need to line up this early. She told anyone who would listen that everyone would get in with no problems so long as they were back by 30 min prior to the show. Some believed her, some did not. Having spent enough time here to be in the know, I believed her. We headed back down the street and did a bit more shopping.

Nana: After we disembarked for the last time, they kids decided that it was time for some serious shopping. Preston knew exactly what he wanted - a light saber. But not just any light saber - it had to be one that he designed and put together himself. While Preston and Papa went through all the steps of building the light saber, the girls and I looked around for the perfect item. After much looking, they proclaimed this to be a "boy store" and said we needed to look elsewhere.

We headed over to the Main Street area. I noticed that the crowd leaving the park was much smaller than the one heading to the Fantasmic area. I didn't think a lot about it and we headed into a shop. When we came out (empty handed) the crowd was beginning to swell. We decided we needed a plan and where was Bubba? He was our planner and we were on our own. What to do? We decided that Papa and Preston should go ahead and get in line and we would join them again shortly.(How naive!) We continued to shop and finally decided on stuffed animals. When we came out, I was amazed! There must have been 1,000,000 people! I grabbed each little girls hand and told them not to let go no matter what!

GB: I called Nana and they were in a shop on Hollywood Blvd. After a bit more strolling around and shopping we headed back and lined up Fantasmic! Papa had already scored a spot ahead of us so when Nana came down the street with the girls, she left them with us and went to find him.

DSC01267 - Copy.JPG

Nana: We began making our way through the sea of people to where we had left Papa and Preston. About 50 yards from our meeting place, we saw Biscuit and First Lady. Hallelujah!
The girls stayed with them and I fought my way through the masses and finally found Papa and Preston. Would Fantasmic be worth it? Would we ever see the Biscuits again?
Why didn't I go to the bathroom when I passed it? Only time will tell!

GB: The girls filled us in on their fun with Star Tours and eventually they opened the gates of the theater to let us in. It was extremely crowded so we each carried one of the girls. There was much phone tag ensuing and we finally located Nana and Papa at the top of the Stadium. We made our way towards the left hand side of the theater and scored some fairly decent seats.

It was still CRAZY hot outside! You've heard me bellowing like a behemoth the past couple of episodes about how hot it was that day. For proof, I give you Exhibit A:

100_1306 - Copy.JPG
Yep. It's hot.

Eventually Fantasmic began and it was, well...Fantastic.

Fant.png

Fant2.png

I took an entire roll of photos using high speed film. I KNEW they would be awesome! Now if I only knew what I did with that roll of film, I'd be golden. That sucker done vanished like a fart in hurricane. Which makes me sad. And a little misty eyed. I won't detail the show for you. If you've seen it, you know all about it, if you haven't, I won't ruin it for you. After the show was over, we sat and waited quite a while for the stadium to clear. I figured we may as well wait here on a bench as opposed to standing in the bus queue waiting on a ride.

Finally we made our way out and back down Sunset Blvd. Everything was closed as we were walking along and we were desperate for a drink. It was then that we happened upon Beverly Sunset. They had a lovely little cooler in the corner that was stocked full of bottled sodas and water. JUMPIN JOY FRIDDLEY! We got there just as it was closing and wound up last in line. When we left, there was a couple of CMs ensuring no one went back down Sunset Blvd. Thirst quenchers in hand, we headed back to the park entrance, with the 12 other people still in the park. I took advantage of the slower pace to snap a few final shots on the way out.

DSC01273.JPG

DSC01276.JPG

DSC01277.JPG

When we arrived at the bus stop, there was a Disney Cruise Line bus waiting for us. It was virtually empty and blissfully cold. After we boarded, the driver waited a while longer for any last minute stragglers and then shoved off for the Pop Century with all of 9 people on board. When we got back, I ran ahead and grabbed our mugs for a final fill up of the day while the girls got ready for bed. Tomorrow morning, Nana and Papa would be heading back to Texas. It was scheduled to be our "whatever" day and I was looking forward to seeing what all that entailed. After the requisite photo dump and email to Preston's Mom and Tracy's parents, it was lights out for the Biscuit clan.

Coming up on Episode 68 Pimping the Pipster

Last edited:
First of all, I just have to say....
You are one classy Biscuit. :thumbsup2

GB...

You just talk away........:thumbsup2

It's the community thing that keeps me sane!! Just ask Tim, or Jordo, or Cynthia, maroo, Cherie, or any of the lifelong friendships that I've made here, many of whom I actually talk with by phone, FB or e-mail. Thank you all for keeping me company in an often times, lonely place!!!

What they said. All of it! You rock and your updates, without fail, make me smile, give me warm fuzzies as LL says and are always, always full of pixie dust. What a lovely response!

I wound up picking up a cleaning cloth for my camera lens. (thanks for tip on that Topdog) Who knows, maybe a Darkroom souvenir is a new Biscuit DHS tradition. (I picked up a camera strap here on Honeymoon).

Seriously, between these amazing night shots and Topdog's pics I am going to be jonesing for a new camera for the August trip! ENABLERS! I mean you post the actual camera name, setting and everything! I draw the line at big things, heavy things, tripods and brackets though. Ok then again, maybe I'll just never have good low light shots. Sigh.

Nana: It was not horrible it just tasted like amusement park food. All the other walk-up meals we had eaten were cleverly disguised to make us think we were eating in a good restaurant. But one out 15 is not bad odds!
You are a trouper Nana Biscuit!
After parting ways with the rest of the clan, Tracy and I strolled hand in hand around Echo Lake. I made some corny jokes about lost wallets and monsoons, and asked her if she was enjoying this trip a bit more than the last. She assured me that she was. I wished her happy anniversary (a couple of weeks early.) There was much joy and possibly some mushy stuff involved. Security was not paged.

awww....
Nana: After we had eaten, we headed over to the all time favorite Star Tours. Again there was very little wait. The kids all got settled and we were off into outer space. Following our landing, Matt and Tracy wanted to go on an "adult" ride. The kids all wanted to ride Star Tours - again. So, Nana and Papa rounded up the gang and headed back to the turnstiles. We got right in, got seated and off we went. Hailee laughed hysterically the whole time, Preston kept saying "awesome" and Tahli chimed in with "cool". We landed again and assumed we would be off to conquer new worlds. However, our motley little crew had a different idea. Papa and I are pretty incapable of saying "no" to one at a time. With six adoring eyes looking up at us and begging, there was only one thing to do. Around we went again and greeted the workers(by now we were on a first name basis) and headed out into space again.

Now you might think that the third time would be the charm - WRONG! Once again we headed back around but this time we said up front - "This is absolutely, positively the last time". After we disembarked for the last time, they kids decided that it was time for some serious shopping. Preston knew exactly what he wanted - a light saber. But not just any light saber - it had to be one that he designed and put together himself. While Preston and Papa went through all the steps of building the light saber, the girls and I looked around for the perfect item. After much looking, they proclaimed this to be a "boy store" and said we needed to look elsewhere.

We headed over to the Main Street area. I noticed that the crowd leaving the park was much smaller than the one heading to the Fantasmic area. I didn't think a lot about it and we headed into a shop. When we came out (empty handed) the crowd was beginning to swell. We decided we needed a plan and where was Bubba? He was our planner and we were on our own. What to do? We decided that Papa and Preston should go ahead and get in line and we would join them again shortly.(How naive!) We continued to shop and finally decided on stuffed animals. When we came out, I was amazed! There must have been 1,000,000 people! I grabbed each little girls hand and told them not to let go no matter what![/COLOR]

We began making our way through the sea of people to where he had left Papa and Preston. About 50 yards from our meeting place, we say Biscuit and First Lady. Hallelujah!
The girls stayed with them and I fought my way through the masses and finally found Papa and Preston. Would Fantasmic be worth it? Would we ever see the Biscuits again?
Why didn't I go to the bathroom when I passed it? Only time will tell!

Holy saints of grandparents. 4 tours??? saber making? Stuffed animals???
Eventually Fantasmic began and it was, well…Fantastic. I took an entire roll of photos using high speed film. I KNEW they would be awesome! Now if I only knew what I did with that roll of film, I’d be golden. That sucker done vanished like a fart in hurricane. Which makes me sad.
I'm sad. Very sad. But hopeful. Someday, someday, it will turn up.

Finally we made our way out and back down Sunset Blvd. Everything was closed as we were walking along and we were desperate for a drink. It was then that we happened upon Beverly Sunset. They had a lovely little cooler in the corner that was stocked full of bottled sodas and water. JUMPIN JOY FRIDDLEY!

Ok, I officially feel like a Northerner. Jumpin Joy Friddley? I don't even know what that means but it made me smile!

Backlot Express. I think I ate there in 1992. So it's been awhile. I've walked in there since, but never felt inclined to eat there. I will agree there's something that's different...Wait I think I ate there in 2005.....anyways, I can't put my finger on it, but I think there might have been....yeah, I don't know...it's just different

(are you enjoying my conversation with myself....)

So was the Fantasmic showing full? I'm curious if the reduced showings make both showings really crowded. Did the park seem busier as well? RnRC at 90 minutes is pretty crowded. At least Star Tours wasn't busy.:thumbsup2 Nana and Papa were good sports! Most folks would be turning green.

Your pix of DHS's architecture are a reminder of the great detailing this park has.

You know... I just keep hearing this over and over- the crowds at F! being a nightmare. I seriously doubt that unless they add more shows, the TC3 is going to hit it. Maybe just strolling around DHS soaking in the, I'll just say it, LOVELY atmosphere is more likely going to happen. Your pictures really paint a dreamy picture of the park lit up at night.

Is it true?? Your last day is coming up?!! Say it's not true! Nevertheless, looking forward to finding out what "whatever" means!

Seriously, between these amazing night shots and Topdog's pics I am going to be jonesing for a new camera for the August trip! ENABLERS! I mean you post the actual camera name, setting and everything! I draw the line at big things, heavy things, tripods and brackets though. Ok then again, maybe I'll just never have good low light shots. Sigh.
I gotta say, that little point and shoot Sony Cybershot far exceeded my expectations. It did take a little patience and trial and error on the night shots though. I usually had to take 2 or three shots to get one to come out. I didn't use a tripod on them, I just tried to hold really still.

Holy saints of grandparents. 4 tours??? saber making? Stuffed animals???
Que chorus of angels.

Ok, I officially feel like a Northerner. Jumpin Joy Friddley? I don't even know what that means but it made me smile![/SIZE]
I'm glad I could make you smile!

Backlot Express. I think I ate there in 1992. So it's been awhile. I've walked in there since, but never felt inclined to eat there. I will agree there's something that's different...Wait I think I ate there in 2005.....anyways, I can't put my finger on it, but I think there might have been....yeah, I don't know...it's just different

(are you enjoying my conversation with myself....)
:lmao: To quote Crush, "Totally"

So was the Fantasmic showing full? I'm curious if the reduced showings make both showings really crowded. Did the park seem busier as well? RnRC at 90 minutes is pretty crowded. At least Star Tours wasn't busy.:thumbsup2 Nana and Papa were good sports! Most folks would be turning green.
There were actually a few open seats on the outside edges. The left half of the park was deserted but Sunset Blvd was a madhouse.

You know... I just keep hearing this over and over- the crowds at F! being a nightmare. I seriously doubt that unless they add more shows, the TC3 is going to hit it. Maybe just strolling around DHS soaking in the, I'll just say it, LOVELY atmosphere is more likely going to happen. Your pictures really paint a dreamy picture of the park lit up at night.

Is it true?? Your last day is coming up?!! Say it's not true! Nevertheless, looking forward to finding out what "whatever" means!
The crowds were off the chain, but it was a great show. I do love the atmosphere here, but not as much as I did in trips gone by. Which was sad really. I think it's because I know that it is no longer a "real" studio. Not to worry, it was not my last day, Nana and Papa were only there for the first half of the trip.

That picture of Papa biscuit and Hailee says it all!:scared1: I knew there was a reason that I honestly never go during the summer months....:scared:

We are heading to HS on a Fantasmic night, one perfomance only at 6:30 p.m. So, I'm thinking we should probably line up around 12:00?:rotfl:

We just purchased a Nikon D60 a couple months ago, and now The Darkroom is extremely inviting!:goodvibes I know that I definitely want to get a camera strap, Disney style! We'll see what other trouble I can possibly get into....:rolleyes1

Looking forward to the next episode and finding out who the pipster is and what they did to deserve the pimping!!:lmao:

I'm sorry you missed out on riding RNRC; maybe you got back to it another day? That's great that you were able to get in on Fantasmic despite the crowds! Love that the kids rode Star Tours 4 times!!!

Denise

In all seriousness, you will find that the DIS Boards is about more than simply planning a vacation. It is a place to meet new friends and find a community of folks willing to accept your quirks and like you anyway.
::yes:: Well said, and SOOOO true! :goodvibes

While Tracy and the girls visited the facilities, I took a gander at the offerings in The Darkroom.
Okay, get ready for it... I've never been in there! I know - crazy, isn't it?! Seems like I just never get around to scoping it out, and yet, you know I'm a fellow camera buff. :guilty: Someday.
I know this place isn’t a favorite for all, but I gotta say, that burger was actually really good.
Nana: Of all the meals we had at Disney, this was the worst in my humble opinion.
:rotfl2:

I took an entire roll of photos using high speed film.
:banana:
I KNEW they would be awesome!
:woohoo:
Now if I only knew what I did with that roll of film, I’d be golden.
:headache: Nooooooooo!

Still, you got some great night shots! :thumbsup2 We're heading back for Halloween... I've got The Good Camera ready for a reemergence and you're giving me ideas!

Did we raise a Great Biscuit or what? A soft answer turns away wrath. He really was listening :love:

Yes, you did! What a class act, GB:thumbsup2

Secondly, great update!

Thirdly, I must tell you that I have wholeheartedly enjoyed your entire TR. I even read all the parts at the beginning about your previous trips. I really love reports like yours, where we start to feel like we "know" all the players. All the details, the witty asides, the off topic references, the talk about whats going on in your real life, and especially the great photos just add to the enjoyment for me. So, yeah, keep talkin'!

Another great update Biscuit! :thumbsup2

Not to worry, it was not my last day, Nana and Papa were only there for the first half of the trip.

After MONTHS of reading your multi-trip PTR/TR, I tremble to think... what will we all do when this does come to an end??:scared1: Amazingly enough, it hadn't occurred to me that there would be an end. I suppose that may bother some people, but definitely not me! Yours is a wonderful (and wonderfully told) story and I'll be right here until the end. And then some.

Thank you so much for taking the time, Biscuit. :goodvibes

BIScuit! BIScuit! He's our man!
If he can't do it, no one can!
Writing with style and care
Making us feel like we were there!

BIScuits great (as-you-can-see)
at fostering a sense of com-mun-ity
A smile here, a wave there,
BIScuit is a man who cares!

So thanks again for making my day
(and for handling criticism the manly way -)
You are a leader through and through
and your kids are lucky to have you!

Mrs. Spratt

Love the update! We have eaten lunch at Backlot twice in the last year and found it just fine - we had the hot dogs though and those are kinda hard to mess up :happytv:

We had that same pink mister fan in your photo. Let me point out, ONE mister fan. ONE. Three girls aged 4, 8 and 9. I'm sure you can guess what I was kicking myself over the entire week :headache:

More please :wizard:

GB, that's a good thing to remember touring--later in the day left half is not crowded which would mean Star Tours and Muppets would be fairly easy to get onto....I'll have to build that into future itineraries. Thanks for the astute observations.

So, you are saying it was hot;)

I haven't been to Backlot Express in a long time. Need to add it to the wish list for the next trip.

Fantasmic - Haven't been since we DS has been going with us...he is not big on the fireworks, etc. Hopefully the next time we go:thumbsup2

That picture of Papa biscuit and Hailee says it all!:scared1: I knew there was a reason that I honestly never go during the summer months....:scared:
That was one of the worst days we had for heat.

[We are heading to HS on a Fantasmic night, one perfomance only at 6:30 p.m. So, I'm thinking we should probably line up around 12:00?:rotfl:
Sounds about right!

We just purchased a Nikon D60 a couple months ago, and now The Darkroom is extremely inviting!:goodvibes I know that I definitely want to get a camera strap, Disney style! We'll see what other trouble I can possibly get into....:rolleyes1
The D60 looks nice. I’ve only played around with the D40. Can’t wait to see the pictures from your next trip!

I'm sorry you missed out on riding RNRC; maybe you got back to it another day? That's great that you were able to get in on Fantasmic despite the crowds! Love that the kids rode Star Tours 4 times!!!

Denise
Oh there will be a next time. Lord willing and the creek don’t rise.

Did we raise a Great Biscuit or what? A soft answer turns away wrath. He really was listening :love:
And a soft taco leadeth a man unto flatulence. See? I was totally listening!

Okay, get ready for it... I've never been in there! I know - crazy, isn't it?! Seems like I just never get around to scoping it out, and yet, you know I'm a fellow camera buff. :guilty: Someday.
Go when it’s slow because it’s TINY. There really isn’t all that much merchandise to pick from.

Still, you got some great night shots! :thumbsup2 We're heading back for Halloween... I've got The Good Camera ready for a reemergence and you're giving me ideas!
I am totally looking forward to your TR pics! (And your newly discovered Apps)

Thirdly, I must tell you that I have wholeheartedly enjoyed your entire TR. I even read all the parts at the beginning about your previous trips. I really love reports like yours, where we start to feel like we "know" all the players. All the details, the witty asides, the off topic references, the talk about whats going on in your real life, and especially the great photos just add to the enjoyment for me. So, yeah, keep talkin'!
Thanks SB! It’s both overwhelming and humbling to know so many people enjoy my wayward ranting. Thanks for reading! All of you guys and gals!

After MONTHS of reading your multi-trip PTR/TR, I tremble to think... what will we all do when this does come to an end??:scared1: Amazingly enough, it hadn't occurred to me that there would be an end. I suppose that may bother some people, but definitely not me! Yours is a wonderful (and wonderfully told) story and I'll be right here until the end. And then some.
We definitely still have a ways to go! At least a dozen or more episodes on the last 4 days, plus my Was the Dining Plan Worth it price breakdown, followed by episode on my Final Thoughts and plans regarding a possible return to The World.

BIScuit! BIScuit! He's our man!
If he can't do it, no one can!
Writing with style and care
Making us feel like we were there!

BIScuits great (as-you-can-see)
at fostering a sense of com-mun-ity
A smile here, a wave there,
BIScuit is a man who cares!

So thanks again for making my day
(and for handling criticism the manly way -)
You are a leader through and through
and your kids are lucky to have you!

Mrs. Spratt
Thanks MS! :lmao: That TOTALLY ROCKED!

Love the update! We have eaten lunch at Backlot twice in the last year and found it just fine - we had the hot dogs though and those are kinda hard to mess up :happytv:

We had that same pink mister fan in your photo. Let me point out, ONE mister fan. ONE. Three girls aged 4, 8 and 9. I'm sure you can guess what I was kicking myself over the entire week :headache:
I can only imagine! We had 3 big misters and 2 mini-misters and STILL had issues.

GB, that's a good thing to remember touring--later in the day left half is not crowded which would mean Star Tours and Muppets would be fairly easy to get onto....I'll have to build that into future itineraries. Thanks for the astute observations.
Definitely. The three nights we were here, it was that way.

So, you are saying it was hot;) .
Yep!

I haven't been to Backlot Express in a long time. Need to add it to the wish list for the next trip.

Fantasmic - Haven't been since we DS has been going with us...he is not big on the fireworks, etc. Hopefully the next time we go:thumbsup2
The weird thing was that Preston freaks when he sees regular fireworks but LOVED Fantasmic. In fact all three kids loved it.

3 nights with the same outcome is a fairly good indicator that it must be like that fairly often. With LMA the only big draw on that side of the park, I can see why it dies later in the day.

Hello! I just wanted to drop in and let you know how much I am enjoying your TR(s)!

I was working today as a substitute teacher and showing the same video 6 times in a row and decided to use the time to read your report. I am halfway through your honeymoon and darn is it good reading! (Seriously, I would have blown a gasket the first day of the honeymoon if it had been me) I also got married in 1997 and we debated a disneymoon but due to money constraints had to give that up. I am a bit sad to never have seen the working studios before the wizard hat (which I don't actually mind) but I am glad I never had to see the pepto bismol castle in person (What were they thinking?!)

I'm looking forward to more of your adventures!

Another great installment, GB! And I love Nana's input. Bless the grandparents for riding Star Tours, what, FOUR, times in a row?!?!?!:scared1: I mean, I like it and all, but once a trip (if that) is more than enough for me.

I am surprised at the crowds for Fantasmic #2. Though I guess it makes sense with the reduced showings. Glad we've been there/done that enough that we don't feel the need to catch it all that often anymore. I'm impressed that Preston got through the show without being scared. Between the dark and the villians and all the noise, I could certainly see a kid ('specially one who wouldn't do WISHES, for goodness sake) getting overwhelmed. Methinks there may be a bit more anxiety from anticipation vs. from the actual show....;)

Sorry you and Lady Biscuit missed out on RnRC. It's one of my faves. But it is rare to find an acceptable stand-by wait there once you're over an hour past opening. FP all the way on that one, for sure! (Though I know that would have not been an option in this case...)

Keep 'em coming! Mmmmm, a "whatever" day. Love those!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter