Biscuit's Grand Adventure | An epic tale three decades in the making!

Not sure I understand how a teacher can teach without having a desk? Where do you have pens, pencils and all the other things you need at a moments notice? Do they expect the teachers to stand up all day?? Hmmmm, I guess I am just too old school as I can't quite understand this concept.

Glad to hear Papa Biscuit and Tahli are both doing well!!:thumbsup2

Howdy Biscut!
I've returned and am all caught up on your TR. I'm so sorry to hear about digestive issues at WDW, that is never good. I'm glad that it didn't last too long, though (or did it???). Also, I didn't catch the post where you mentioned Tahli had a tonsilectomy???:scared1: Poor baby, I hope that she is now fully recovered! I cannot wait to visit Tahli's favorite attraction when we go in November, we've never seen this one!

BTW, did you get a chance to go and read Peter Panic Attack's TR? I just wanted to see if you had enjoyed any of it.:)

Glad to hear all is well with the family. :goodvibes Continued blessings for all!

As PP mentioned...your updates are worth the wait popcorn::

:thumbsup2

I understand that as well....no worries brother.

Your updates are worth the wait. popcorn::
Hey Burly! Thanks! Coming up soon!

Glad everything is going okay, just busy. I agree that teachers need a desk!!! Did they take the principal's desk, too? :lmao:
Hey WGM! Hope all is going well. Your’s is a TR I’m in need of catching up on. I’ll be over soon!

Happy to see the life update, GB, and it's great to hear that Papa B did well and that Tahli continues to recover!
Hey AC! Thanks for the well wishes!

No teacher desks??? That seems bizarre to me. Bless the Lady Biscuit for going with the flow. Can't imagine having all the BTS craziness for your kids AND for yourself/your classroom all at once! Once again, I stand in awe of all our teachers. I know I could never do their job. And I am SO thankful to those who do do it! (And do it well!)
:sad2: It’s a nutty world we live in my friend.

Not sure I understand how a teacher can teach without having a desk? Where do you have pens, pencils and all the other things you need at a moments notice? Do they expect the teachers to stand up all day?? Hmmmm, I guess I am just too old school as I can't quite understand this concept.
You got me. We’ve stocked up on stackable Rubbermaid drawers so hopefully that will work for her.

Glad to hear Papa Biscuit and Tahli are both doing well!!:thumbsup2
Thanks!

Howdy Biscut!
I've returned and am all caught up on your TR. I'm so sorry to hear about digestive issues at WDW, that is never good. I'm glad that it didn't last too long, though (or did it???). Also, I didn't catch the post where you mentioned Tahli had a tonsilectomy???:scared1: Poor baby, I hope that she is now fully recovered! I cannot wait to visit Tahli's favorite attraction when we go in November, we've never seen this one!
Hey! Welcome back!

BTW, did you get a chance to go and read Peter Panic Attack's TR? I just wanted to see if you had enjoyed any of it.:)
I’ve started but not finished. Wound up falling behind on several TR’s the past couple of weeks. But I hope to be back up to date soon.

Glad to hear all is well with the family. :goodvibes Continued blessings for all!
Thanks!

As PP mentioned...your updates are worth the wait popcorn::

Thanks! Speaking of..I'm off to post!

Episode 62 - Rapids and Ribs

Previously on Biscuit's Grand Adventure, stalls of doom were discovered, fast passes were procured and Tahli discovered her favorite attraction. Having successfully located Nemo, we headed back to the stroller parking area. We were in need of a restroom and I was reasonably sure we would locate one in Dinoland USA.

ak2.png

We wound up in Hester and Chester's Dinorama and I hurried us past the carnival booths and towards the buildings in the back. Sure enough, there was a restroom just behind Primeval Whirl.

I'm not really sure what to think about this area of the park. When you read up on Walt's concept of Disneyland, it was created to be a place that was unlike typical amusement parks. He wanted to get away from the whole carnival barker atmosphere. It was a bit weird to walk through and see all of the midway games and such that Ive come to expect at the county fair and other amusement parks. Don't get me wrong, Dinoland USA is certainly well themed and I'm sure it's a fun place to hang out. It just seems to be a bit at odds with what makes the Disney parks so unique to begin with.

Anyway, back to our narrative. We managed to get to the facilities before disaster fell and soon regrouped to plan our next move. The kids all wanted to ride Triceratop Spin, so Jana and Nana took them on it while Tracy, Papa and I set out to score a table and some chow.

I remembered passing Flame Tree BBQ on the way to Nemo and figured it was as good a spot as any for lunch. I gave Nana a general idea of how to get there and wished the girls a happy ride. A quick hop, skip and jump later, we were in line and checking out our options.

(It was also here that a giant wooden lizard tried to eat Papa's hat!)

ak1.png

After a quick perusal of the menu, I settled on the ribs, while First Lady Biscuit elected to try the chicken. We also ordered up a basket of onion rings and of course the requisite kids meals for the girls. It took a few minutes for the food to come out, and then a few more to get all the napkins, condiments and such piled onto the tray. We then began the bizarre task of finding a table in this establishment. We meandered through the pathways next to the restaurant and eventually located a pavilion with empty tables next to the river.

There were water foul in abundance and after shooing away a couple of overeager ducks, we set up shop at two tables. Nana called and said they were on the way so I went back up to meet them and show them where we were sitting. .

I have to say the food was pretty good.

The only drawback was no AC. The covered pavilion and the ceiling fans helped some, but I don't know that I would come back during the summer months. It was still mighty warm under there.

Soon everyone was settled in and munching down. It went something like this. "Hurry up and eat!" "Don't feed the ducks!" "Wipe your face!" "Don't put that in your mouth!" "You've got some on your nose!" "Stop playing with your food!" "Leave your shoes on!" (Finally I told Tracy to leave me alone and eat her chicken.)

The girls were still nibbling on their lunches when I finished so I fished out my camera and recruited the pavilion railing as a temporary tripod.

ak3.png

I don't think anyone really finished their entire meal. Its not that the food was bad, it was just so hot, even in the shade, that you really didn't feel like eating that much. There was one thing though that promised to cool us down. Kali River Rapids.

The time for Fastpass redemption was upon us my friends and with a quick nod of farewell to the ducks, we headed back to Asia. Papa was not feeling all that great and decided to pass on bouncing down the rapids with us. I pulled the disposable waterproof camera out of the backpack and left the rest with him. He sat in the Yak & Yeti seating area whilst everyone else headed down the queue trail.

I knew this ride would be a hit after our training run the summer before. Both girls had loved the rapids ride at Six Flags so I was fairly confident they would enjoy this one. We boarded our raft and I stowed my shoes & socks in the middle water proof compartment doomahotchey. Once everyone was settled, it was time to shove off. (Or whatever it is you do in a raft.)

R1-22A.jpg
ak4.png

Hailee and I wound up going backwards on the big drop. We got a little wet.

ak6.png

After the ride completed, we headed back towards Yak and Yeti and along the way, discovered a fountain. The other two kids were upset that Hailee was wetter than they were, so we quickly remedied said dilemma.

R1-15A.jpg

100_1186.JPG

Now that we all had equally soggy biscuits, it was time to head back to the resort. If youve been following along in your guide, you may want to jot this down as the one and ONLY day we actually stuck to the plan and did a mid-day swim break at the resort.

There were still other things at AK that we wanted to see, but it was just too hot out to enjoy ourselves. Plus, once your biscuit is soggy, well it's just a different ballgame my friend. On our way back to the front of the park, the kids discovered a CM blowing bubbles and they stopped to play while Papa and I returned the strollers.

100_1187.JPG

Strollers successfully returned, everyone headed out to the bus stop where we had a reasonably short wait for a Pop Century bus. When it arrived, it was nice and cold inside. I have to say, when you're walking around soaking wet and STILL feeling miserably hot, entering a freezing cold bus is about the greatest feeling known to man.

100_1191.JPG

After returning to the Pop Century, we headed up to the room to get changed for our swim. I grabbed our mugs and brought them down for a refill while Tracy was getting the girls ready. I soon returned and took the girls to the Bowling Pin Pool, and left Tracy in the room to relax a bit and call her parents. Hailee was VERY excited to be heading to the Bowling Pin pool. She loves to bowl on Wii Sports and had been looking forward to this pool for a long time.

We only had about thirty minutes to swim before we needed to head back and start getting ready for our dinner reservation. I knew this would be an issue going in, but decided to go ahead and roll with it anyway. Papa and Preston came along as well, while Jana got packed up to go. She was going to be leaving shortly to return home.

The kids all had a ton of fun splashing around the pool. Everyone had a great time, but I must say, the water was HOT. It felt more like taking a bath than taking a swim. I'm not sure if this is the norm or not, but we wound up in all three pools before we left and this one was definitely warmer than the rest. We did several rounds of motor boat and the girls did some surfing, (standing on Daddy's back while he swims underwater.)

R1-11A.jpg

Finally that dreaded moment approached when I had to tell them it was time to go. This of course resulted in a scramble of last minute jumps and splashes.

Eventually I managed to drag them from the pool and we collected our mugs and headed back to the homestead. The sun was shining, the birds were singing, and life was generally nifty.

Coming on Episode 63 'Ohana means eating like a pig.

Last edited:
Dinoland USA always weirded me out until I heard the backstory, so I hope it helps you too:

Once upon a time, there was a paleontologist who had a fishing cabin in the middle of nowhere, pretty much the only other thing for miles around was a gas station (Chester & Hester's). Coincidentally, he found dino bones at his cabin (the Boneyard), so he founded the Dino Institute, a Very Serious Research Institution (home of "Dinosaur"). He and his paleontologist colleagues recruited grad students to come live there, and the grad students love to play practical jokes, such as writing "saurus" on the end of random words (like "Restaurantosaurus"). All the chairs on buildings, drawings on walls, etc., are the grad students (they're also the ones that change the program on Dinosaur). But remember Chester and Hester? Since people were starting to flock to the area, they decided to cash in and create a roadside tourist attraction--Dino-Rama. So the Serious Stuff belongs to the scientists (Dinosaur, including the Dino Institute Shop), the jokes belong to the student assistants (Restaurantosaurus is the grad student lounge), and the cartoon-y stuff (Chester & Hester's, Primeval Whirl, TriceraTop Spin, and Fossil Fun Games) is the locals who don't know what to make of all the fuss over their little rural community.

Does that help?

I've never heard any justification for why Finding Nemo is there.

Sounds like the bisquit clan had a great time. Thanks for the update and pics. The girls look so cute in the pool.

Woo hoo, an update!!! That was so cute how the other kids had to get wet in the fountain, to be just like you and Hailee!:goodvibes

I knew you would give us some great EE pictures!! Fantastic!!

The girls looked so happy to be cooling off in the pool, great pictures!

with Tusker House being converted from a counter service to a buffet restaurant, now AK has only Pizzafari as a counter service restaurant with indoor A/C seating. I hope when they finally expand the park that they add another indoor CS restaurant.

I :love: mid day breaks and especially pool time. Looks like the kids had a blast at the hot tub, er, I mean the bowling pin pool.

Some general thoughts...

1) I never noticed (there's still a heap of things I haven't ever noticed in WDW!) that on those steps in Asia there is actually laundry drying there, just like you'd really find in real Asia!! Very cool.

2) You guys all had a very wet day there towards the end. Kali, fountains then a great, albeit too hot, pool. Nice!

3) I hate freezing cold busses anytime! Just me.

4) Even having known the backstory of Dino last time round, I still thought the whole area was cheesy and tacky. We left rather quickly! Asking for MORE $$ after you've already paid a hefty ticket price irks me more than freezing cold busses.

5) We LOVED Flame Tree! A most excellent fare, if I say so myself!! We opted for the BBQ sandwiches, and loved them!! But those ducks, they irked me more than paying for carnival games!

AK in August (as you will soon read once I get the pics back & start my TR) is MISERABLE. I think it should be renamed to "Sauna".

That being said, I'm glad there was an update waiting for me this morning, as I start semester 4 of 5 of nursing school today. I needed a Mickey fix along with my coffee! :surfweb:

Dinoland USA always weirded me out until I heard the backstory, so I hope it helps you too:

Once upon a time, there was a paleontologist who had a fishing cabin in the middle of nowhere, pretty much the only other thing for miles around was a gas station (Chester & Hester's). Coincidentally, he found dino bones at his cabin (the Boneyard), so he founded the Dino Institute, a Very Serious Research Institution (home of "Dinosaur"). He and his paleontologist colleagues recruited grad students to come live there, and the grad students love to play practical jokes, such as writing "saurus" on the end of random words (like "Restaurantosaurus"). All the chairs on buildings, drawings on walls, etc., are the grad students (they're also the ones that change the program on Dinosaur). But remember Chester and Hester? Since people were starting to flock to the area, they decided to cash in and create a roadside tourist attraction--Dino-Rama. So the Serious Stuff belongs to the scientists (Dinosaur, including the Dino Institute Shop), the jokes belong to the student assistants (Restaurantosaurus is the grad student lounge), and the cartoon-y stuff (Chester & Hester's, Primeval Whirl, TriceraTop Spin, and Fossil Fun Games) is the locals who don't know what to make of all the fuss over their little rural community.
Interesting.

Does that help?
Marginally. At least they were creative in justifying a departure from the original vision.

I've never heard any justification for why Finding Nemo is there.
Yeah, you got me on that one.

Sounds like the bisquit clan had a great time. Thanks for the update and pics. The girls look so cute in the pool.
Thanks BSG! We had a ton of fun!

Woo hoo, an update!!! That was so cute how the other kids had to get wet in the fountain, to be just like you and Hailee!:goodvibes
Yeah, equality was paramount in everything. If one kid got a drink, they ALL wanted a drink. If one posed for a picture, they ALL wanted to pose for a picture. And so on and so forth…

I knew you would give us some great EE pictures!! Fantastic!!
Thanks…they turned a bit odd on the photo CD. In the prints I got, the sky was pale blue and the colors were not quite so odd, but for some reason, the sky was white on the CD prints. I don’ t know enough about digital photos / photo software to make them look on the screen like they do on the prints. (If that makes any sense.)

The girls looked so happy to be cooling off in the pool, great pictures!
They LOVE swimming so it was a no brainer.

with Tusker House being converted from a counter service to a buffet restaurant, now AK has only Pizzafari as a counter service restaurant with indoor A/C seating. I hope when they finally expand the park that they add another indoor CS restaurant.
Yikes! I hadn’t heard that. I certainly hope they add another. Those tables were murder on a summer afternoon!

I :love: mid day breaks and especially pool time. Looks like the kids had a blast at the hot tub, er, I mean the bowling pin pool.

Some general thoughts...

1) I never noticed (there's still a heap of things I haven't ever noticed in WDW!) that on those steps in Asia there is actually laundry drying there, just like you'd really find in real Asia!! Very cool.
I was amazed by the detail throughout AK.

2) You guys all had a very wet day there towards the end. Kali, fountains then a great, albeit too hot, pool. Nice!
It was needed believe me!

3) I hate freezing cold busses anytime! Just me.
Tahli agrees with your. That girl HATES being cold; point in case, she brings a blanket in the car going to school. In Texas. In AUGUST.

4) Even having known the backstory of Dino last time round, I still thought the whole area was cheesy and tacky. We left rather quickly! Asking for MORE $$ after you've already paid a hefty ticket price irks me more than freezing cold busses.
Yeah, I wasn’t feeling it here. I just seemed out of place and struck me as somehow, less Disney than the rest of the parks.

5) We LOVED Flame Tree! A most excellent fare, if I say so myself!! We opted for the BBQ sandwiches, and loved them!! But those ducks, they irked me more than paying for carnival games!
The food was definitely good. (At least the ribs and the onion rings were. I skipped the beans on pain of death from First Lady Biscuit.) The heat was the decidedly negative influence.

AK in August (as you will soon read once I get the pics back & start my TR) is MISERABLE. I think it should be renamed to "Sauna".
A TR? WOOHOO! Can’t wait to read along! I can only imagine the place in Aug…June was miserable enough.

That being said, I'm glad there was an update waiting for me this morning, as I start semester 4 of 5 of nursing school today. I needed a Mickey fix along with my coffee! :surfweb:
Happy to oblige. Have fun in school! As long as you remember that the foot bone’s connected to the ankle bone, you’ll be just fine.

GB -

Another Great update! Glad to hear the Biscuit Clan is doing well...

Just one small favour to ask: Please Change your title when you add a new post! I've been worried b/c I didn't see anyhting new, but I knew things were a bit bumpy at Casa Del Biscuit, so I didn't want to check compulsively for new updates...anywho, your loyal readers want to know when there is new stuff!

Rant over. Hope I haven't upset you.

Best,

Mrs. Spratt

ps - He plays the shark!

GB -

Another Great update! Glad to hear the Biscuit Clan is doing well...

Just one small favour to ask: Please Change your title when you add a new post! I've been worried b/c I didn't see anyhting new, but I knew things were a bit bumpy at Casa Del Biscuit, so I didn't want to check compulsively for new updates...anywho, your loyal readers want to know when there is new stuff!

Rant over. Hope I haven't upset you.

Best,

Mrs. Spratt

ps - He plays the shark!
DOH! I forgot to update the title! :scared1: I blame leftover pasta and difficulty adjusting to "Schoolday" scheduling. Yep..that's it. Gas and fatigue. :rolleyes1

ps - He plays the shark!
OH! I get it! I was staring at this going "He who?" and wondering if a shark was some sort of new fangled instrument. Then I remebered you mentioned a friend in the Nemo cast. :lmao: I gotcha. I'm good now. See, I told you...Gas and fatigue. ::yes::

Great update! Thank you for the reminder about Flame Tree not being air conditioned. I had it in my mind to eat here (NEXT WEEK!) for lunch, but perhaps if it's sorching hot, we'll hit up Pizzafari for the AC.

Love the pics of the kids in the fountain, and then all soakin' wet! I remember doing that-just getting drenched and loving it as a kid! So much fun.

Your "Next up" title made me laugh out loud! I understand...::yes::!

Hi GB! Glad you guys had fun at AK. Loved the pictures of EE! I, too, miss the Tusker House air-conditioned counter service and hope to see more options there soon. Flame Tree is pretty good, food-wise, but the heat, and more for me, the DUCKS, can get rather annoying.

Yeah for taking the mid-day pool break! That's NEVER a bad idea ;)

Oh, the dreaded backwards ride down the falls on Kali. :sad2: That was my first and last time on it--I should have taken shampoo and a pouf!!

Great shots from Flametree; we haven't eaten there so I didn't know it was so pretty back there! I just never want BBQ when it's 100 degrees out. The kids looked like they had a blast in the pool, surely it wasn't being heated in August! :eek:

Can't wait to hear about 'Ohana!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter