Biscuit's Grand Adventure | An epic tale three decades in the making!

oooh you really have some set up there. I used to do film photography in high school, (developing film included) and I still love the look of film, with is grain and everything. Of course nothing beats the instant gratification of digital, but part of me still loves the old-school film look. I do really love circular polarizer filters. It really creates such nice crisp pictures of blue skies and water.

I am not sure you have this on your list already, but one thing you might want as part of your "kit" are ziploc bags. I just wrote this as part of my next installment of my TR but thought I'd share it with you here in case you dont' have time to read it before your trip:

"A good tip: I brought along a few large gallon-sized Ziploc bags that I was able to store our used ponchos in. That way, if it stopped raining, we can fold up our ponchos compactly, put them in the bag, flatten it to get rid of all the air, and then seal it and store it in my pocketbook or another bag without creating extra bulk. It also keeps everything else in your bag dry, especially things like cameras and cell phones. Ziplocs are great! They are like instant space bags (the kind on tv where you vacuum all the air out)"

Your trip is approaching fast! Can't wait to read the rest of your TR.
I LOVED printing photos in the darkroom! Thats one of things I miss the most about college. We'll definitely have an influx of Ziplocks. Tracy lives by them whenever we travel. Doing the 1 week dance!

:worship::worship::worship::worship:

Your stash of goodies to bring along.....just bring a Target shopping cart.:thumbsup2 That should work fine.

:banana::banana:single digits......

Episode 45 - Biscuit Family, Prepare for Departure!

This will be my final update before our trip. If you recall a couple of episodes back, my dad made the mistake of wondering out loud whether he should write a TR about my first visit to The World as a three year old. I am happy to report that my mom emailed me the final update on Tuesday, so this Monday's update will be a Biscuit's Grand Adventure Prequel Retro Report. Next Thursday is D-Day, so on the off chance I get to post something, it will be a short mini-update.

It has been an interesting and entertaining ride thus far. I have enjoyed recounting my past tales of woe and triumph, and sharing the excitement for our upcoming journey. Now after 45 episodes, Im FINALLY about to embark on the trip that this entire report is geared towards.

For this installment, I will mainly be offering up a few final thoughts concerning our trip. First up: our final preparations. This Saturday, we are heading to the bank to cash in the change from the girls' piggy banks. I imagine well also wind up at Kohls and Target as well. I also still have to print out "The Plan" & my name tag for my backpack.

BTW - If you are in the parks and see somebody with this, give a shout out:

We still need to sort out which luggage we are bringing, and create a packing list. (I know FOR SURE we'll be bringing two of the new suitcases.) AND I'm sure well be doing laundry this weekend to start putting together clothing options. We've definitely figured out the kids' wardrobe for one of the evenings. My wife's school had an end of the year party for the teachers with a luau theme. We scored some of the leftover decorations, so for our meal at 'Ohana, the kids will have leis, and the girls will have matching flowers in their hair. Plus they will all have Hawaiian/Floral outfits on. I may or may not find something to go with the motif.

Moving on to our final trip planning, some ideas we are tossing around for our open day include Downtown Disney, Disney Quest, Fort Wilderness petting zoo, mini-golf, renting a boat, and chilling out at the resort. (We'll see what strikes our fancy at the time.) I would love to try parasailing, but out of concern for the safety of my fellow park guests, I will forgo this particular activity. If the harness were to break I could just see the headlines now. "Magic Kingdom Engulfed by Tidal Wave! First Responders Find Bay Lake Drained and a Chubby Texan Half Buried in the Mud!"

As to anticipation, we have been counting down the days for the past 6 weeks now. The girls helped me make this chart:

It hangs on the closet door in the office and we have been marking off the days. There is a Texas sticker on the 18th for the day we leave to go to Houston, and a shell sticker on the 19th for the day we leave for Orlando.

As to the topic of live updates from Orlando, it may or may not happen. If so, I'll start a post here and update it as I can. (If I do happen to add any updates, they will be all in the same post rather than multiple postings.)

I guess that about does it. I can't wait to start the actual TR, though I am even more excited about the actual T. See ya real soon my friends!

Coming up on Biscuit's Grand Adventure: As I Recall - a 1977 Retro Report.

Last edited:

Hope you have a fabulous time!

Warning, it's dang frigging HOT here!

Can you believe you are down to your last real PTR post?

Your 'day off' plans sound great-that is kinda how I like to go with it too, have some things in mind, but nothing really set in stone...just roll with whatever ya'll are feeling that day.

This week will fly by with all the final Target runs, decision making and packing frenzy! :yay:

I'm looking forward the Prequel. :goodvibes

After spending all day schlepping boxes into a metal shed, in summer, in Texas, I was wiped out. (I’m not sure if it qualifies as Disney Training or not, but I definitely got a workout.)
:faint: It's been in the high 90s all week and no rain here... I'm dying just bringing in groceries!

DSC00742.jpg

Yes these are film cameras.
:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

Dude. I've got chills. They're multiplying. The timing of reading this post is so interesting... I was rummaging through my photographic arsenal last night trying to find an extra flash card for the crappy camera I let Leo use, and found myself holding my ancient, circa-1962 Nikon F. Looking at it adoringly and seriously contemplating bringing it on my Aug. trip. It's fully manual, film, and the light meter's shot thanks to FL humidity. But it still takes pictures a thousand times better than my fancy-shmancy Canon SLR and it's solid steel - the sucker's indestructible! :love: I absolutely cannot wait to see your trip pics! :cheer2:

I guess that about does it. I can’t wait to start the actual TR, though I am even more excited about the actual T. See ya real soon my friends!
:goodvibes Biscuits, have a fabulous, amazing, incredible trip! :banana:

Have an awesome trip! We will be waiting anxiously for your return so we can hear more tales of triumph! (We will hear the woes too, but I am hoping that there really aren't any!):cool1:

Hope you have a fabulous time!

Warning, it's dang frigging HOT here!
Thanks BSG! It's a bit warm here too! I can’t wait to visit your neck of the woods.

Can you believe you are down to your last real PTR post?
I know! It’s CRAZY!

Your 'day off' plans sound great-that is kinda how I like to go with it too, have some things in mind, but nothing really set in stone...just roll with whatever ya'll are feeling that day.
I’m looking forward to it!

This week will fly by with all the final Target runs, decision making and packing frenzy! :yay:

I'm looking forward the Prequel. :goodvibes
I’m hoping it goes quickly! Can’t hardly wait!

Lurker here! Coming out to wish you a fabulous time!
:welcome: Glad to have you here! Thanks for posting and for the bon-voyage.

WOO HOO less then a week now! Love your kids names! Do you have a real name? lol
YEAH! Thanks! It’s Matt, or Alice Hugger. My parents & sisters call me Bubba….it’s a Texas thing.

:faint: It's been in the high 90s all week and no rain here... I'm dying just bringing in groceries!
Woo-hoo – nothing like melting in the MK.

Dude. I've got chills. They're multiplying. The timing of reading this post is so interesting... I was rummaging through my photographic arsenal last night trying to find an extra flash card for the crappy camera I let Leo use, and found myself holding my ancient, circa-1962 Nikon F. Looking at it adoringly and seriously contemplating bringing it on my Aug. trip. It's fully manual, film, and the light meter's shot thanks to FL humidity. But it still takes pictures a thousand times better than my fancy-shmancy Canon SLR and it's solid steel - the sucker's indestructible! :love: I absolutely cannot wait to see your trip pics! :cheer2:
I love the old metal SLR’s. I’d say bring it with you. But I may be biased.

goodvibes Biscuits, have a fabulous, amazing, incredible trip! :banana:
Thanks!

Have an awesome trip! We will be waiting anxiously for your return so we can hear more tales of triumph! (We will hear the woes too, but I am hoping that there really aren't any!):cool1:
Here’s to triumph!

:woohoo: HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME, GB!!!! :woohoo:

I can't wait to hear all about it!!
Thanks AC!

I hope you guys have a wonderful time! Eat some Tonga Toast for me!

Have a blast!!!! Just remember to just stop once in a while and take a good look around along with a deep breath...it's those times that just stick in your mind!

GB, if you like doing the "test run" thing, this 100 degree heat here at home oughta be good practice for WDW next week. You could even break in those mister fans - or possibly wear them out before you get there. A friend/colleague of mine and his family are at WDW right now and I got an email complaining of the heat at 9:30am DDT (Disney-daylight-time). If 9:30am heat is complaint-worthy to a Texan, 3:30pm heat may just turn you into a puddle on the sidewalk. :scared: Y'all be careful out there. Drink LOTS of water!!! :drinking:

Safe travels! Can't wait to hear all about it when you return!

Have a blast!!!! Just remember to just stop once in a while and take a good look around along with a deep breath...it's those times that just stick in your mind!
Thanks and will do!

4 days GB! :yay:
:cool1:

GB, if you like doing the "test run" thing, this 100 degree heat here at home oughta be good practice for WDW next week. You could even break in those mister fans - or possibly wear them out before you get there. A friend/colleague of mine and his family are at WDW right now and I got an email complaining of the heat at 9:30am DDT (Disney-daylight-time). If 9:30am heat is complaint-worthy to a Texan, 3:30pm heat may just turn you into a puddle on the sidewalk. :scared: Y'all be careful out there. Drink LOTS of water!!! :drinking:

Safe travels! Can't wait to hear all about it when you return!
The Mister fan got a good workout yesterday. Had some necessary yard work and that was the only time between now and departure that it could be done.

I'll be updating later today. Ya'll take care now!

Hey Great Biscuit Clan!

Here to wish you a fabulously, wonderful time!! Seriously looking forward to your TR when you return.

Have a super time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter