Biscuit's Grand Adventure | An epic tale three decades in the making!

I'm betting the first thing Tracy did when you returned home, was apply for a Visa! :rotfl: She has the patience of Job.

The picture of the castle is funny where you can tell everybody is leaving instead of going in. You usually have pictures of all backsides.

The first time my DH ever went to Disney (with me in 1996) the castle was in that hideous state. I'm convinced that this is what prevents him from embracing Disney. I think it scarred him for life:sad2:

Completing our ride with the rat, and finding no tea in sight, we crossed the walkway and took a voyage 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. (Cheesy yet satisfying) This was the only time that I actually rode this attraction before it was conveniently turned into a field of grass. It’s kind of sad to pull up Google Earth and see it sitting there all empty. But, I digress.

Defeating the giant squid and safely returning from captivity on Captain Nemo’s “sea monster”, we took the incredibly long walk over to Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride.
Click Here for Next Episode

I LOVED 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea! When my DH & I went back in 1990, I told him "Oh, you've GOT to ride this-- it's the BEST ride ever! I never noticed the severe cheese factor as a kid! Still think it was cool, though!

Finally we had the staple road food of each and every one of my remembered childhood trips….Chicken in a Biscuit crackers. (No, it had nothing to do with the choosing of my screen name.) We never really kept them at home but we ALWAYS had them when we traveled.

I have often wondered just exactly how they get the chicken into the biscuit. After all, we’ve been shown multiple television commercials which illustrate how they get the cheese into Cheese Nips, yet we are left in the dark on this particular process.

The now naked and dearly departed chickens then land in a hopper where they are fed through a “processing machine” which was created out of a concrete mixer and parts from a 1968 Ford Fairlane. After being fully adulterated, the meat is then cooked, dried, and ground into a powder.

Click Here for Next Episode

One of my most vivid memories of car trips as a kid is our travel food! Ooohh--and I love Chicken In A Biscuit crackers! Yummychickenygoodness!

HA--my parents brought me home from the hospital in a 1968 Ford Fairlane...which makes me...;)not tellin!

A simple, silly rhyme, with only two words repeating. Perhaps you know it. The two words are veggie and fruit. Ring a bell? Dinner bell perhaps?

No? Perhaps an AV demonstration would be in order. Check out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLez_BOl_bs

Click here for next episode.

Know it? Dude--I've got it on VIDEO! No joke! My kids watch it and there like " Whaaaa----???"

Okay, I've gotta take a break from your trippie & put a baby down for nap. Plus, I'm kinda monopolizin' the reply button here!

Seriously lovin' your writing, and I'm every bit as excited to keep reading and find out how God's plan unfolds over the course of this TR as I am to read more about your trips! DH has been through his share of telcom layoffs--God is good, soul Brotha!

I am amazed at FLB's patience with your scatter brain, LOL. Good thing you made it enough to keep her around.
I’m pretty amazed myself. Lets just say that the this particular personality trait would be frequented often during our…um….marital discussions.

That castle was hideous, but even more so close up, where you could see all its plastic warts and wrinkles.
YIKES! Warts even!

Can't wait to hear what goes wrong next, LOL>
If I were naming each trip, this one would be “How NOT to plan a Disneymoon”

The Castle looked like it had stripes?! Weirddddd.
Trust me it was REALLY bizarre.

I was a few updates behind-but I'll just comment on this last one - I kinda laughed out loud (quietly, DH sleeping next to me!) at Tracy being completely unphased by the misplaces Travlers Checks. :rotfl: What else could go wrong for you two?! I hope not every trip in your lives are like this! :laughing:
Fortunately I learned from my mistakes and our subsequent journeys went much more smoothly.

Oh, and too bad about no Perkins! :sad2: Perkins is the ultimate MN teenage hangout. I logged so many hours in their booths...so many in fact, one of my close friends MARRIED a waiter from there! She only got to know him by our absurd amount of time spent there!
Not that’s funny! My father in law and his buddies eat breakfast at Perkins EVERY Saturday. One day, they had a new cook and they kept sending their bacon back, requesting “extra crispy”. Finally, my father in law went back into the kitchen and showed the cook how to make bacon the way they liked it.

Ugh. That castle is awful! I am sorry that it was your wife's first view!
Fortunately she had been once in the summer of When we compared notes, we figured out she and her family took a day trip to the MK the same summer I took my first trip 1987. (It’s possible we were there the same day. Neither of us remembers the exact dates of our trip….kinda makes you go hmmmm.)

I'm betting the first thing Tracy did when you returned home, was apply for a Visa! :rotfl: She has the patience of Job.
What’s funny is she had one, but we just didn’t bring it. I agree on the patience. I COULD NOT do her job. One morning in her classroom is enough to make me find a corner, suck my thumb, and rock back and forth.

The picture of the castle is funny where you can tell everybody is leaving instead of going in. You usually have pictures of all backsides.
I never thought of that before, but now you that mention it, it is kinda funny.

The first time my DH ever went to Disney (with me in 1996) the castle was in that hideous state. I'm convinced that this is what prevents him from embracing Disney. I think it scarred him for life:sad2:
LOL….that would be enough to scare ANYBODY off.

I LOVED 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea! When my DH & I went back in 1990, I told him "Oh, you've GOT to ride this-- it's the BEST ride ever! I never noticed the severe cheese factor as a kid! Still think it was cool, though!
:welcome: Glad you found your way over! There was just something nifty about that ride. Can’t put my finger on it.

One of my most vivid memories of car trips as a kid is our travel food! Ooohh--and I love Chicken In A Biscuit crackers! Yummychickenygoodness!

HA--my parents brought me home from the hospital in a 1968 Ford Fairlane...which makes me...;)not tellin!
LOVE CIB Crackers. Last summer, Tracy and I took the girls on a 2 day trip and I brought a box along. Of course I was the only one who ate them, but that’s okay. I’m still bringing a box this summer, cause you don’t mess with tradition.
Know it? Dude--I've got it on VIDEO! No joke! My kids watch it and there like " Whaaaa----???"
AWESOME! I’ve taught it to my 6 and 5 year old daughters and we sing it constantly in the car now. (First Lady Biscuit just LOVES me for that one.)

Okay, I've gotta take a break from your trippie & put a baby down for nap. Plus, I'm kinda monopolizin' the reply button here!
It’s all good!

Seriously lovin' your writing, and I'm every bit as excited to keep reading and find out how God's plan unfolds over the course of this TR as I am to read more about your trips! DH has been through his share of telcom layoffs--God is good, soul Brotha!
Thanks! So glad to have you aboard! God is definitely good. We have weathered the layoffs and are humming along just fine.

Ever have confetti land on you when you are sitting in high heat / high humidity weather? It not only sticks, it somehow melds onto your skin and defies removal.
:cool1: I need to invent a a sweaty confetti remover spatula. I can charge big bucks at Disney. :cool1:

By the time the rain settled back into a sprinkle, my inner park beast could no longer be contained. It was time to set out. The ground was a sea of puddles and in no time flat my shoes were filled with Florida rain water. Never mind all that, neither wind nor rain nor dark of night can keep the park beast at bay!

When my inner park beast can't be contained, I head to the ladies turlet. :eek:

In no time at all we were off to the movies. I hoped that the alien would be working this time. It was not. In fact I never even saw it.

I forgot to tell you I got all Ninja on the Alien in that ride. I was riding back circa somewhere between 1972 and 1995, when my ride was hijacked. When they took me through the Alien scene, I was on high alert. I grabbed my spinning light up Mickey head parade flair encourager and plunged it into the offending creature when it scared the carp out of me. I got mildly electrocuted. But to this day I am proud for saving the people in my vehicle. So you are welcome. :welcome:

SACRILEGE! HOLY CARP IS THAT EVER HIDDEOUS!

You are throwing some strong words around young man :sad2:

I have to crack up sometimes at what people are thinking. Between the dock to the gate, we had three different people tell us we were going the wrong way. Thank you there Magellan, but I got this. When we finally made it through the crowds, we headed under the tunnel and arrived on Main Street.

That made me LOL. :lmao::lmao:

Biscuit, you are home. Unfortunately while you were gone, some lunatic remodeled.
:rotfl:

We held hands, laughed about how crazy our trip had been thus far, and wondered what was still in store.

Aww. Like Wall-e and Eva. :goodvibes

Just found your report and really enjoying it! Just marking my page to finish reading at work tomorrow!!

DH & I ate at GILLIGAN's in 1989. We were sooo broke, and limited ourselves to one "nice" meal. I saw Gilligan's advertised in the in-room magazine at our hotel--it featured a traditionally-clad chef standing in front of a beautiful seafood spread, crab, lobster, oysters all overflowing from silver platters, a beautiful stained glass window behind him.:snooty: And all for $14.99 a person--sign me up!

We get there and the place was....not as advertised.:sad2: Had I not seen the fancy-schmancy spread in the mag, I'da probably been okay with it. But I was....nonplussed (shouldn't we just say 'minused?' Ask your Dad about that one. Bein' a math guy, I'd like to know what he thinks).

So we go up to the buffet, and the selections are (according to the man holding the tongs--who was NOT wearing no traditional-chef-nuttin): Fried grouper, lemon grouper, sauteed grouper, grouper scampi, and I went into a fog at this point and didn't really hear what he said next, only I'm pretty sure it started with a "gr" and ended with an "ouper."

Yea. I remember THAT castle. Oh how i tried to like it and justify it. :confused3 Just kept my head down...... ah tomorrowland....kind of like that.:laughing:
HIDEOUS.

:cool1: I need to invent a a sweaty confetti remover spatula. I can charge big bucks at Disney. :cool1:
Rock on! That'd be a seller for sure.

I forgot to tell you I got all Ninja on the Alien in that ride. I was riding back circa somewhere between 1972 and 1995, when my ride was hijacked. When they took me through the Alien scene, I was on high alert. I grabbed my spinning light up Mickey head parade flair encourager and plunged it into the offending creature when it scared the carp out of me. I got mildly electrocuted. But to this day I am proud for saving the people in my vehicle. So you are welcome. :welcome:
:worship: Hail the conquering hero!

You are throwing some strong words around young man :sad2:
Fortunately I stopped myself before breaking out the really big Biscuitisms.

Aww. Like Wall-e and Eva. :goodvibes
DOH! Now I've got "Sunday Clothes" stuck in my head!

Just found your report and really enjoying it! Just marking my page to finish reading at work tomorrow!!
Hi and Welcome! :welcome: Glad to have you aboard!

DH & I ate at GILLIGAN's in 1989. We were sooo broke, and limited ourselves to one "nice" meal. I saw Gilligan's advertised in the in-room magazine at our hotel--it featured a traditionally-clad chef standing in front of a beautiful seafood spread, crab, lobster, oysters all overflowing from silver platters, a beautiful stained glass window behind him.:snooty: And all for $14.99 a person--sign me up!

We get there and the place was....not as advertised.:sad2: Had I not seen the fancy-schmancy spread in the mag, I'da probably been okay with it. But I was....nonplussed (shouldn't we just say 'minused?' Ask your Dad about that one. Bein' a math guy, I'd like to know what he thinks).

So we go up to the buffet, and the selections are (according to the man holding the tongs--who was NOT wearing no traditional-chef-nuttin): Fried grouper, lemon grouper, sauteed grouper, grouper scampi, and I went into a fog at this point and didn't really hear what he said next, only I'm pretty sure it started with a "gr" and ended with an "ouper."
I'd be a bit miffed myself. I don't remember an all grouper menu, but it's been so long ago, that I can't say for sure what all I had.

Yea. I remember THAT castle. Oh how i tried to like it and justify it. :confused3 Just kept my head down...... ah tomorrowland....kind of like that.:laughing:
HIDEOUS.
Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.

:lmao::rotfl::laughing: I am rolling just reading the replies on the last two pages of your TR. I have to go back and read the whole thing now.:cutie:

:lmao::rotfl::laughing: I am rolling just reading the replies on the last two pages of your TR. I have to go back and read the whole thing now.:cutie:
Welcome! :welcome: Glad you found your way over! There are definitely some awesome readers here and I love reading all the cool and funny posts they come up with.

Zooming in on the fireworks I noticed something. The castle…wasn’t right. There was something odd and unsettlingly pink about it. Is that? Did they actually?

I have seen pictures of the pepto castle (as I like to call it). I still wonder what they were thinking!

SACRILEGE! HOLY CARP IS THAT EVER HIDDEOUS!

I couldn't agree more!

My feet were kind of tingly down in my lovely wet shoes so I finally grabbed a seat.

Don't you hate when your toes turn into prunes? That's what we call it in our house, and for some reason when your at Disney and have wet feet your socks decide they need to imbed themselves in your toes. Removing your socks is like removing a layer of skin that actually feels really good after a few min's. :lmao:

When the boat docked, we soon realized that we had a fight on our hands. From the boat dock, all the way to the tunnel was one giant sea of humanity; all facing us and all trying to squeeze as close to the boat or monorail as possible. I set my jaw, told Tracy to grab my shirt and we began our swim upstream.

It's like stergeon swimming up stream to spawn! :rotfl:

I have to crack up sometimes at what people are thinking. Between the dock to the gate, we had three different people tell us we were going the wrong way.

I love to respond to these people in kind. I think I would have responded with "this is the way to the secret exit" and keep walking faster while they contemplate if I was kidding or not!

Biscuit, you are home. Unfortunately while you were gone, some lunatic remodeled.

It's like in my wayward youth and a friend had a party while their parents were out of town and they come home to a disaster!

Either I dozed off or the driver hit Mach 3 because it seemed like the doors closed and then immediately opened again.

It's to bad we are so much bigger than our kids are. I wish just once I could continue sleeping and somehow magically appear in my bed. Yet another thing as kids we took for granted!

After a bit of meandering through the bus lot, I finally located our ride and we boarded happy yet weary from our day. My feet had gone from tingling to burning and I was happy to sit some more.

Yes as you get older your memory goes along with your sense of direction and memory for safe codes!

When we returned back to the motel, I went back to the room and grabbed my wallet from the safe (remembering the combination) while Tracy waited for me in the lobby.

YAY! That power nap really worked! :thumbsup2

Coming up on Episode 29 – Blisters, Bags and a Big Hairy Beast.[/B]

LOL I love this title can't wait to see what comes next!

Great installment as always!

I have seen pictures of the pepto castle (as I like to call it). I still wonder what they were thinking!
Pepto...llike it :thumbsup2

I Don't you hate when your toes turn into prunes? That's what we call it in our house, and for some reason when your at Disney and have wet feet your socks decide they need to imbed themselves in your toes. Removing your socks is like removing a layer of skin that actually feels really good after a few min's. :lmao:
I'm telling you, that rain about did me in.

I love to respond to these people in kind. I think I would have responded with "this is the way to the secret exit" and keep walking faster while they contemplate if I was kidding or not!

It's to bad we are so much bigger than our kids are. I wish just once I could continue sleeping and somehow magically appear in my bed. Yet another thing as kids we took for granted!
I know that's right. My daughter amazes me every morning. I can get her up, giver her a bath, dress her, put her in the car and driver her to school and she sleeps through it all. I'd love to just wake up everymorning at work, completely dressed and ready to go.

Yes as you get older your memory goes along with your sense of direction and memory for safe codes!
:lmao:

I love this title can't wait to see what comes next! Great installment as always!
Thanks! I appreciate you reading along.

I'll be updating in a little bit.

Episode 29 – Blisters, Bags and a Big Hairy Beast.

Previously on Biscuit's Grand Adventure, creative park hopping was invoked, parades were viewed, and Travelers Cheques failed to travel.

HES BACK! SECURITYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

Day four of our Honeymoon arrived and I again woke up early and fell back to sleep. I did manage to have a little more time getting ready this morning. Since we had the possibility of table service dining in our future, I gave some thought about where to go. There was one place that came to mind. The Corral Reef. I had seen photos of it in Birnbaum’s and REALLY wanted to eat there.

There was only one slight issue with this. Tracy does not like seafood. And when I say does not like, I mean she hates it. I on the other hand love, Love, LOVE seafood so once a year (on my birthday) Tracy accompanies me to a seafood joint. Around here, if you want seafood you have two choices: Long John Silvers or Red Lobster. I choose the latter. Not only ‘cause they got some tasty crab legs, but also because their Cheddar Bay Biscuits are da bomb. They can also cook a reasonable steak which makes Tracy happy.

When I called up Disney Dining, I inquired as to the non-seafood selections available to us at the Reef. The nice lady on the other end of the phone assured me that there was a BROAD selection of non-seafood items to fit any taste. I made a Priority Seating Request for some time around 2:00 PM. This optimistic error in judgment would lead to my worst Walt Disney World memory of all time. But that’s getting ahead of myself. That will be a story for the next episode.

After sealing my fate, it was time to head out the door. I grabbed the cameras and we were off. I noticed right away that my feet were still not happy from their hours spent in soggy shoes. They were even less thrilled to be pressed into service for another day of Disney Park Hopping.

We scored a spot on the bus and headed back to the Disney MGM Studios. When we arrived, I happened to look to the right and caught a glimpse of a sign pointing the way to the boat dock. I noticed it said Epcot on it and inquired of the cast member at the turnstile. He advised me we could take a boat to the International Gateway. Awesome! One transportation dilemma solved!

Once we made it into the park, we caught a marching band winding their way down the street and a convertible toting Sally Struthers. I'm not really sure what the point was or what exactly Disney thought the draw would be for guests to stand on a curb and watch Sally Struthers go rolling by, but they didn't ask me.

I picked up a show schedule for the day and saw we had some time to kill before even thinking about making our way to see Beauty and the Beast. Fortunately the weather was beautiful this morning.

Tracy and I had each located a souvenir we wanted the day before while browsing. After taking a quick stroll through Sid Cahuenga's One-of-a-Kind, a shop we missed the day before, we headed to the Darkroom. I picked up a new neck strap for my camera which looked like a black and white film strip of Mickey Mouse.

This transaction completed successfully, we headed a little further down the street to what I believe was Mickey's of Hollywood. There Tracy picked up a necklace that had a charm on it shaped like a classic Mickey Ears hat.

We still had time to kill and decided to hit up the Great Movie Ride again. I don't really know why, except that it was close and there was hardly any line at all. Of course once we were done, it was mandatory that we ensure the safety of those traveling to Endor. You may as well stamp it down now that Biscuit don't set foot in the Studios Formerly Known as MGM without taking a ride on Star Tours.

By this time, my feet had gone from protesting to shouting. I really NEEDED a break. It was nearly show time so we headed towards Sunset Boulevard.

We located the theater and found seats about 1/3 of the way back and near the edge of the center aisle. SCORE! I pulled off my shoes, sorry I'm a hillbilly at heart, and was alarmed to discover a rather large blister forming on the back of my heel. OH JOY. That'll be fun to deal with. I left my shoes off the rest of the show. (Thankfully the foot affliction of my teenage years had since past or we'd have had a whole row to ourselves.

We got to enjoy the pre-show with what may or may not have been Four for a Dollar. (I really don't remember.)

Like Hunchback, this show pretty well follows the storyline of the movie. I took lots of photos. (Not sure why, but I was having fun.)

Arrrrgh! I'm a big hairy beast! But I Luuuuuuuuuuuuv you baby!

Once the show was over, we decided to take one more run through the Animation building. This time it was hustling and bustling with animators and we got to see lots of cells being done for Mulan.

When we came out of the animation building, the bright blue skies had an ominous grey tinge to them. We really gotta stop going into that place. Its like some sort of atmospheric vortex of doom.

Fortunately it was not yet raining, so for the moment we were dry. We made our way back to the front gates and did a bit more shopping on the way. We picked up some sort of odd and ends stuff for each of our sisters. I don't recall specifics, but I remember some sort of discussion as to whether my sisters had pierced ears, and if so, were they double pierced.

Now at the time, I was reasonably sure that both of my sisters had ears, but as to the presence and quantity of man made holes in said lobes, I was clueless. This just isn't the sort of statistic I keep track of. If First Lady Biscuit had asked me how many Super Bowls the Dallas Cowboys had won, or how many Texans defended the Alamo, (you know...useful stuff) we'd be good. We wound up with something for each of them and moved on to parentals.

I THINK I got my mom some Disney MGM Studios salt and pepper shakers to add to her collection. I can't say for sure though as her salt and pepper shaker collection has not been unpacked yet since my parents last move...9 years ago. No need to rush these things you know. (Love you Mom)

Tracy's mom collects those tiny silver spoons, but we didn't see any she liked. By the way, have you ever noticed that those things are really hard to eat with? I mean seriously it takes like five of them to get a descent bite of chili. Plus I have to pry that glass case open every time we visit my in-laws just to get em out.

At some point we also splurged and picked up two Mickey rain ponchos. (With the way they skies were darkening up, it seemed only a matter of time before they were needed.)

By the time we were done, I had a rather impressive allotment of bags to schlep around the rest of the day, along with my camera bag. Good thing I'm part pack mule. AND I'm happy to report that I didn't lose track of a single bag all day. But having done it that way, I have to tell you that one of the on-property perks I'm most looking forward to is package delivery.

All in all, I'd say this particular morning was probably our most successful park outing of the entire trip.

Soon we headed out the gates and towards the boat dock to catch the next launch for Epcot Center. It turns out that getting to the park would not be a problem. Getting in, well that was going to be a completely different story.

Coming up on Episode 30 - What do you mean my Park Hopper's invalid?

Last edited:
Sally Struthers :rotfl2::rotfl2: That's even better then Nancey Kerrigan :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2 for not losing any packages.

My mom collects those spoons too. Because of this I always have an easy time getting her a souvenir anywhere we go.

mk2.jpg
OW, my eyes, my eyes!!!! :faint: :rotfl:

Stupidest. Disney. Move. EVER. :sad2:

spectro.jpg

HE’S BACK! SECURITYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!
:lmao:

I made a Priority Seating Request for sometime around 2:00 PM. This optimistic error in judgment would lead to my worst Walt Disney World memory of all time. But that’s getting ahead of myself. That will be a story for next Thursday’s episode.
:headache: Tease!

Once we made it into the park, we caught a marching band winding their way down the street and a convertible toting Sally Struthers. I’m not really sure what the point was or what exactly Disney thought the draw would be for guests stand and a curb and watch Sally Struthers go rolling by, but they didn’t ask me.
:rotfl2: I forgot about that - they used to parade a pseudo-celebrity down the street each day!

All in all, I’d say this particular morning was probably our most successful park outing of the entire trip.
:goodvibes

Great update! What a fun morning!

Soon we headed out the gates and towards the boat dock to catch the next launch for Epcot Center. It turns out that getting to the park would not be a problem. Getting in, well that was going to be a completely different story.

Coming up on Episode 30, “What do you mean my Park Hopper’s invalid?”

Oh no! I guess we should have expected this after such a successful morning!

Sally Struthers :rotfl2::rotfl2: That's even better then Nancey Kerrigan :thumbsup2
Aint it though?

My mom collects those spoons too. Because of this I always have an easy time getting her a souvenir anywhere we go.
Good point!

:rotfl2: I forgot about that - they used to parade a pseudo-celebrity down the street each day!
Now that's one Disney tradition I am not sad to see go.

Great update! What a fun morning!
Thanks! We did have a good time.

Oh no! I guess we should have expected this after such a successful morning!
Murphy's Law would not have allowed otherwise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter