Biscuit's Grand Adventure | An epic tale three decades in the making!

The only thing more annoying than motivational posters is a “Team Building” exercise. We have the ever popular “fall backwards and let people catch you” routine."

As much as I hate that particular "excercise", if you can call it that, I can do you one better. 20 years or so ago, we went on an outing (camping for 3 days)n before opening a new hotel. They put a ladder against a tree. The challenge was to get up as high on the ladder as you dared, then fall backwards into outheld arms (NOT JOINED AT ARMS OR HANDS, just outstretched) The challenge was that the goal was a 5 star rating for the hotel. I think the only one to go up five rungs was the GM. I think I managed 3. That was scary! but nobody got dropped.
Ahh, memories....
Or there is my personal favorite, “Team Shirt Day.” Seriously? Is this really necessary? Can we not just give a friendly wave and maybe get a designated farting area so one of my coworkers can stop giving us all nose bleeds with his secondhand flatulence every time his wife makes tuna casserole?

Why are you hating on team shirts? They make perfectly nice hanging around the house or even sleep wear (just get them big enough).

Funny thing about first fight as a married couple. I tried to think back, but I honestly can't remember what it was. I KNOW whe had some for sure, that's not it, just can't remember the first one. But then, my memory sucks, LOL! plus its been almost 39 years.

Great update, GB! Glad you made it 12 years after dissing FLB's requests, LOL.

oh yeah i've had one of those memories. :rolleyes1
Glad that you erupted in humor. It makes it better.:thumbsup2

Ah, the first married fight. I think my DH and I actually had it about 2 years into dating, which made our honeymoon safe. . .but everyone has to have it. I must agree- if you guys made it through this honeymoon, then you can make it through almost anything! What a crazy trip!

If I made motivational posters, they would have practical things on them like a guy sitting on the pavement with the caption “Do the job you were hired for and we won’t throw you out the door.” HR friendly, maybe not, but it would certainly be an improvement.
[/B]

I think you need to visit www.despair.com and check out their demotivator posters. They are definitely worth a look. I used to have one of their demotivator calenders in my cube at work (facing inward, so I wouldn't offend any coworkers). My DH loves the one with the picture of the French Fries that says "POTENTIAL- Not everyone gets to be an astronaut when they grow up". They even have one about motivational posters: "MOTIVATION- If a pretty poster and a cute saying are all it takes to motivate you, you probably have a very easy job. The kind robots will be doing soon."

And so it was that we had our first argument as a married couple in Epcot…in Future World…on a bridge…which may or may not have had a troll under it.

Hmmm I think this was very close to the scene we had our throwdown on our Honeymoon, after the monsoon. I think the Coral Reef is a bad place to eat on your honeymoon. Sad too, because I love this place otherwise. :rolleyes1

I agree EPCOT is the first fight place on a honeymoon.

It’s funny how the world works sometimes. A few years later I was serving as a counselor at a youth camp and one of the other youth pastors was telling me how he and his wife had their “married quarrel” at Epcot. I’m not sure if that’s some sort of spiritual training the Lord takes you through when preparing to enter youth ministry or not. I certainly don’t remember hearing about it in school.

Just further proves it!

Then we started to laugh. REALLY Laugh. Hee-Hawing, gut wrenching, somebody call security and tell em The Biscuits just flipped as script laughing. We finally recovered and made promises to one another about clear communications and never quarreling again. We had survived a week of insanity, and knew that if we could get though one more day, we could handle just about anything.

I love this! We too had a moment like this when we had a tense moment and I slipped a code word in the conversation. We are dorks, we had words we picked up while on our Honeymoon, completely random words, and only we knew what they truly meant. Example....Ungala (GMR) Anyway, it's good to see that we aren't the only one's who spontaneously bust out laughing. :rotfl:

Can't wait for more!

I have a confession to make; I hate motivational posters. Not just dislike, but despise.
Don't even get me started. I'm right there with you on that one.
I’m thinking if you really want to motivate folks, instead of shelling out several hundred bucks on framed posters, can we not just run over to Sam’s and by a jug of Now N Laters? Maybe sling a few over the walls of our cubicles like a ringmaster rewarding a troupe of performing seals?
::yes:: And I can vouch - that's exactly what a former manager did! It was a bank and she'd buy a couple bags of bite-size candies. After we closed, when there was a mountain of new accounts to process before leaving, she'd stat tossing them around the room as we worked. Maybe it was the sugar high, but we were most definitely MOTIVATED! :rotfl:

You females in the audience already know what I did wrong.
Yep. :sad2::hug:

Why are you hating on team shirts? They make perfectly nice hanging around the house or even sleep wear (just get them big enough).
:rotfl2: Mine is currently being used to polish silver. ;)

I've been wondering where Rose and Benard went, and Vincent too!

and I'm with ya on the motivational posters. Thankfully our office is more the "chuck the candy over the cube wall" type of place. Usually it's chocolate kisses though instead of Now & Laters. :goodvibes I really like my workplace!

Great updates! I am glad the park hopper deal got worked out and the teeny spoon was found too. Sorry about the fight at Epcot though! Ugh. As soon as I read your wife asking that for the second time I thought "Get up Biscuit, take her elsewhere!" but could just see it unraveling.

And sometimes, often times, women don't even understand themselves! ;)

Joe and I are still working on that whole communication thing, but usually I'm the blunt one and he's the "beat around the bush" one!! We are 2.5 years in, I'm hoping it gets clear soon. :rotfl2:

Hey Biscuit!

Followed you over from Vexorg's TR, (well, actually, I was perusing (sp?) the boards for a new one to read and remembered you from there) and I must say I am completely bummed I hadn't discovered you before! You are a truly masterful writer, and I have soaked up every lovely installment today! It took all day, but was well worth it.

I look forward to future Mondays and Thursdays for new installments, and expect many a moment of hilarity! Thanks for each one so far...

As much as I hate that particular "excercise", if you can call it that, I can do you one better. 20 years or so ago, we went on an outing (camping for 3 days)n before opening a new hotel. They put a ladder against a tree. The challenge was to get up as high on the ladder as you dared, then fall backwards into outheld arms (NOT JOINED AT ARMS OR HANDS, just outstretched) The challenge was that the goal was a 5 star rating for the hotel. I think the only one to go up five rungs was the GM. I think I managed 3. That was scary! but nobody got dropped.
Speaking from experience, a fellow can build up quite a substantial velocity in 5 rungs. I’m impressed!

I don’t think it’s the shirts themselves I’m hating, so much as the whole attitude behind it. Having someone with a clipboard show up at your desk and tell you to give them $15 for a $3 shirt so you can be a “team player” just doesn’t fly with me. It’s kind of like advertising that your team is easy to rip off. Next thing you know some guy in a trench coat is trying to sell you “previously owned” motivational posters out the back of his van in the employee parking lot.

Funny thing about first fight as a married couple. I tried to think back, but I honestly can't remember what it was. I KNOW whe had some for sure, that's not it, just can't remember the first one. But then, my memory sucks, LOL! plus its been almost 39 years.
Had it not been for the location, timing and circumstances I don’t think I’d have remembered it either.
Great update, GB! Glad you made it 12 years after dissing FLB's requests, LOL.
Thanks and me too!

oh yeah i've had one of those memories. :rolleyes1
Glad that you erupted in humor. It makes it better.:thumbsup2
I always find humor in things (even when it’s not necessarily appropriate) so I laugh often. Which is great, don’t get me wrong. Laughing out loud can be good, but not when you’re say in the middle of a funeral or something. Which I’ve been known to do. Not out of disrespect…that’s just how I deal with things. Maybe some sort of coping mechanism. Wow...that’s like deep and stuff. Who knew writing a TR would open a window to the soul. Speaking of opening a window, I’ll be right back. Jason’s Deli is killing me.

Ah, the first married fight. I think my DH and I actually had it about 2 years into dating, which made our honeymoon safe. . .but everyone has to have it. I must agree- if you guys made it through this honeymoon, then you can make it through almost anything! What a crazy trip!
It was DEFINITELY a crazy trip, but you know in a way it was a good thing. (More on that later.)

I think you need to visit www.despair.com and check out their demotivator posters. They are definitely worth a look. I used to have one of their demotivator calenders in my cube at work (facing inward, so I wouldn't offend any coworkers). My DH loves the one with the picture of the French Fries that says "POTENTIAL- Not everyone gets to be an astronaut when they grow up". They even have one about motivational posters: "MOTIVATION- If a pretty poster and a cute saying are all it takes to motivate you, you probably have a very easy job. The kind robots will be doing soon."
Okay, I spent WAAAAAY too much time on that site. HOLY CARP was that stuff funny. Thanks for the link. I was laughing myself into a state of snorts there.

Hmmm I think this was very close to the scene we had our throwdown on our Honeymoon, after the monsoon. I think the Coral Reef is a bad place to eat on your honeymoon. Sad too, because I love this place otherwise. :rolleyes1
As my friends from college would say, it’s the Universal Constant rearing its ugly head. (Believe me, that’s a back story that’d take YEARS to explain.)

I love this! We too had a moment like this when we had a tense moment and I slipped a code word in the conversation. We are dorks, we had words we picked up while on our Honeymoon, completely random words, and only we knew what they truly meant. Example....Ungala (GMR) Anyway, it's good to see that we aren't the only one's who spontaneously bust out laughing.
Sometime a good laugh will say more than words ever could.

::yes:: And I can vouch - that's exactly what a former manager did! It was a bank and she'd buy a couple bags of bite-size candies. After we closed, when there was a mountain of new accounts to process before leaving, she'd stat tossing them around the room as we worked. Maybe it was the sugar high, but we were most definitely MOTIVATED! :rotfl:
AWESOME! I’m gonna print that out and stick to my boss’s monitor.

I've been wondering where Rose and Benard went, and Vincent too! and I'm with ya on the motivational posters. Thankfully our office is more the "chuck the candy over the cube wall" type of place. Usually it's chocolate kisses though instead of Now & Laters. :goodvibes I really like my workplace!
See above multi-quote reply.

Great updates! I am glad the park hopper deal got worked out and the teeny spoon was found too. Sorry about the fight at Epcot though! Ugh. As soon as I read your wife asking that for the second time I thought "Get up Biscuit, take her elsewhere!" but could just see it unraveling.
Ah…the bliss of young love. I was saying the same thing when I typed it, but I knew how it would end.

And sometimes, often times, women don't even understand themselves! ;)
:rolleyes1

Joe and I are still working on that whole communication thing, but usually I'm the blunt one and he's the "beat around the bush" one!! We are 2.5 years in, I'm hoping it gets clear soon. :rotfl2:
Keep working…it will get easier as time goes on. Remember that Direct = Good.

Hey Biscuit!
Followed you over from Vexorg's TR, (well, actually, I was perusing (sp?) the boards for a new one to read and remembered you from there) and I must say I am completely bummed I hadn't discovered you before! You are a truly masterful writer, and I have soaked up every lovely installment today! It took all day, but was well worth it.

I look forward to future Mondays and Thursdays for new installments, and expect many a moment of hilarity! Thanks for each one so far...
Howdy and Welcome! :welcome: Glad to have you here! Thanks for your kind words. I truly do appreciate it. Trip six is almost wound down so not TOO much more hilarity on that one, but trip seven is already shaping up to be a real hum-dinger. (In a GOOD way.)

Biscuit, oh Biscuit? I was wondering why I was so cranky today and then realized I didn't get to read a post from you last night!

I need something to keep me occupied these last couple of days!

Episode 32 – Close Encounters of the Cool Kind.

Previously on Biscuit's Grand Adventure...well, lets not dwell on the past shall we? At the close of the previous episode, we found ourselves becoming involuntary guests of the Living Seas pavilion. (Although I suppose Unplanned guests would be more accurate.) Since we were already there, it seemed logical to partake of the attraction in all its glory.

We meandered through the queue and checked out all the nifty themeing. (I loved the model of the Nautilus.) We may or may not have actually sat through the movie. Eventually we found our way to the hydrolators. After pretending to go somewhere, we exited into the bowels of the Living Seas and boarded our lovely Sea-cab.

Although Tracy does NOT love seafood, she does love sea life. ESPECIALLY dolphins and whales. (For our tenth anniversary I surprised her with the Beluga Interaction Program at Sea World San Antonio. )

Tracys love of all things aquatic was a major benefit as it allowed me to somewhat redeem myself. (Although I did get a Why didn't we just come here to begin with?)

Once we emerged into Sea Base Alpha, we spent quite a bit of time just looking at all of the different displays. When I had last been to this pavilion on the extended trip with my family, we buzzed through here fairly quickly. This time, Tracy and I relaxed and didn't really stress over schedules and time.

The place was fairly empty, with the morning crowds having already spilled out into World Showcases and other various locales. We went up to the second level and scored a spot next to a window. One of the dolphins was in a playful mood, and soon swam up right next to Tracy. It pressed right up against the window and began twitching its head at her. Then it meandered off, but kept swimming past the window, each time, giving Tracy a little head bob.

She's saying I forgive you for being a poopy head.

We spent quite a bit of time here and really enjoyed it.

Eventually we went in search of a restroom and somehow found a manatee instead. (Told you I didn't spend long here on my first visit.) We watched for a few moments as the Sea Cow just sort of floated there.

Look...lettuce...okay...lets move along.

We meandered through the gift shop for a few moments and then headed back outside. It was raining again and misjudging the depth of a puddle, I managed to re-soak my shoes. JOY. We headed back towards the gate area and discovered Spaceship Earth to be a walk on. Ain't no way Biscuits passing up that one! We hopped on board and enjoyed a leisurely ride through the history of mankind. After exiting, we checked out a couple of the shops in the general vicinity before deciding to bid farewell to Epcot.

We headed out the front gates to the Magic Kingdom monorail. Yep. That's right. We hit up all three parks in ONE DAY. WOOHOO! Happy-Happy park beast! The Cast Member at the gate insisted we would need another hand stamp so we got our third of the day.

I had never ridden the monorail from park to park before and have to say it was far superior to the boat ride we endured earlier in the day. About half way to the Ticket and Transportation Center, I was checking out the dolphin footage on our video when the battery on the camcorder died. Of course. Oh well, life goes on.

We soon arrived at the TTC and somehow managed to change trains like we knew what we were doing. After taking a leisurely trip around the lagoon, we arrived at the front gates of the Magic Kingdom. We scanned our tickets, showed our hand stamps, which by this time were simply globs of glowing flesh under the UV lamp, and were soon winding our way down Main Street.

By this point in time my hooves were about to fall off. The blisters and wet socks were not making nice and upon reaching the end of Main Street, I already needed a break. We turned right and parked it at a table in the CS restaurant that is now called the Tomorrowland Noodle Terrace. I don't know what they called it then, but I know that they sold pizza. They had some sort of meal deal with a personal pan pizza, salad and drink so we each got one. (As you may recall Tracy had a very light lunch and was in need of a restorative, and I never met a pizza I didn't like.)

Feeling thus renewed, we headed on to Tomorrowland. The rain stopped briefly and I pulled out my camera to take this shot.

Our first stop was Delta Dreamflight. Oh happy happy omnimover. Thou art a friend to my feet and a source of great comfort. The ride was just as much fun as always and I again got a kick out of the engine.

We next joined a very small queue for the Carousel of Progress and were soon spinning around the stage in our nice padded seats. Oh I'm feeling the joy now my friends. I found that I still loved the ride, and still laughed at the cornball humor.

Space Mountain was down so we next took a ride on the WED-Way Peoplemover. (Or had they renamed it the TTA by then? I don't remember. Nor do I really care.) We got to catch a glimpse of my favorite mountain with the lights on and my feet remained happy.

Disembarking, we checked out a shop and I purchased my third and final souvenir. It was a black Space Mountain T-shirt featuring Mickey on a ride vehicle. This brought me up to a grand total of: T-shirt, Camera Strap, Key chain.

We headed north and declined to partake of: the speedway with its killer attack turnstiles, the kiddie area (Birthdayland or whatever they called it then), and the teacups. We pondered the notion of Mr. Toad and Snow White, but the lines were prohibitive. Instead we hopped on Peter Pan and were soon flying high over the city of London. This is a nifty end of the day ride...in fact I enjoyed it more this time than ever before. I wasn't stressing over plans, wondering what to ride next, plotting an exit strategy, nothing. I was simply enjoying the ride.

When we arrived back safe and sound in Florida, we crossed the street grabbed a drink at Pinocchio Village Haus. Thirst properly quenched we next hit up It's a Small World which we had been watching through the window. We wound up with a boat all to ourselves and it was truly odd. Part romantic, part Chucky. Just as we were exiting, the fireworks were starting. I was excited at first and rushed out into the "street". Have you ever tried to watch the fireworks from behind the castle? It doesn't really work.

Not wishing to throw our necks out, we headed to Liberty Square to hitch a ride on a Doom Buggy. Who doesn't love the Haunted Mansion at night? Apparently there are several who fall into this category, because there was no line whatsoever. SCORE! We were soon cruising our way through the mansion and thoroughly loving it. It would have been the perfect evening were it not for the now constant pain in my still soaked sneakers. (Tracy was smart enough to have worn sandals and was doing fine. Lesson learned bring wet weather footwear.)

I regaled my bride with much useless trivia and all of the backstory that I could remember. We even did a bit of a mock waltz when riding through the ballroom. At least as much of one as you can sitting down side by side. It basically consisted of rocking sideways in 6/8 time. Would that be considered butt waltzing? I don't know.

Exiting the Mansion, we headed to Big Thunder and were soon rumbling our way through the wilderness. This is a great night time attraction as well. After returning to the loading dock, we decided to call it a night and headed back to the entrance. We went with the fastest moving line which in this case was the ferry boat. When we arrived back at the TTC, there was Nikki Bird bus waiting and we gratefully sank into our seats.

When we arrived back at our motel, I found my friend the clothes drier and threw in my shoes and we began to pack up for our morning check out. (So sad!) I made a point NOT to put anything into the safe and soon we had things pretty well in order. I checked with the front desk about checkout procedures and figured out that we would be able to stay in the parks until 3 PM before returning to catch the van for our flight. What would we do on our final day? Where would we go and what would we see? Well, that would be getting ahead of myself.

Coming up on Episode 33 - The Storm Blows On

Last edited:
Ended up bein' a pretty cool day after all, I'd say. She forgives the poopy head, your feet didn't fall off, no lines for some really headliner stuff, and the bus was parked in its upright and locked position waiting for your tired derriers! I'd say a nice day, all in all. We'll just forget about the worst memory moment and proceed from here- we hope :)

Looks like y'all had a good night after all! Loved the night time shot of MK; I think we've only been there twice after dark and never in Tomorrowland.

Don't you wish they would have invented crocs back on this trip?:lmao:

Somehow I can't imaging GB in crocs, LOL, but I maybe totally off base with that.

What is the answer,GB?

Great for finally having a good day, except for the feet fiasco.

Hey GB,

Just wanted you to know that I AM still here. Reading and cringing and rolling my eyes and laughing. I've been in and out - just back from our favorite place - so it seems by the time I get all caught up (in work, of course), I've run out of time to comment.

So........great updates. Look forward to more. Remind me to never have you plan my honeymoon (Assuming, of course, that I am going to have another one. Which I won't. So remind me to never have you plan my second honeymoon ;))

Ended up bein' a pretty cool day after all, I'd say. She forgives the poopy head, your feet didn't fall off, no lines for some really headliner stuff, and the bus was parked in its upright and locked position waiting for your tired derriers! I'd say a nice day, all in all. We'll just forget about the worst memory moment and proceed from here- we hope :)
It did turn out to be a great day. Even with the negatives, it was still our best of the trip.

I'm glad you redeemed yourself! I hope you're bringing appropriate footwear on your upcomming trip. :)
You know it! :thumbsup2

Looks like y'all had a good night after all! Loved the night time shot of MK; I think we've only been there twice after dark and never in Tomorrowland.

Having not properly prepared for this trip, I did not realize that Tomorrowland had been remodled. I LOVED the way it turned it. Very Jules Verne.

Somehow I can't imaging GB in crocs, LOL, but I maybe totally off base with that.

What is the answer,GB?

Great for finally having a good day, except for the feet fiasco.
I have to say I've never crocked my hooves. I'm planning on stashing a pair of flip flops in my park bag for a quick change incase of rain or water rides. (Both of which I anticipate in abundance.)

Hey GB,

Just wanted you to know that I AM still here. Reading and cringing and rolling my eyes and laughing. I've been in and out - just back from our favorite place - so it seems by the time I get all caught up (in work, of course), I've run out of time to comment.

So........great updates. Look forward to more. Remind me to never have you plan my honeymoon (Assuming, of course, that I am going to have another one. Which I won't. So remind me to never have you plan my second honeymoon ;))
Hey AC! Glad you are still hanging out. So do I infer from your post that we will be treated to an AshClan TR soon? :banana: :woohoo: :yay: :dance3: :cheer2:

I remember the first time going and reading about the hydrolators in Birnbaums guide. They made them seem so cool.
And then upon riding them, i said, Is that it? Huh?:confused3
Sounds like the night ended up well for you two. yay!:banana:

ls6.jpg
She’s saying “I forgive you for being a poopy head.”
:rotfl: She looks very happy! :thumbsup2

Space Mountain was down so we next took a ride on the WED-Way Peoplemover. (Or had they renamed it the TTA by then?
Does it matter? Peoplemover forever!!! :yay:

butt waltzing
:lmao:

What would we do on our final day? Where would we go and what would we see?
popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter