Biggest Loser Princess and Tinker Bell 2011 and 2012 -- OLD please see NEW thread

Hi! Checking in as I should be running soon! I get to lose the shoe cast on Monday, and then I should also find out at what point I can start running again. Not long now, and I can't wait! The weather's been so beautiful lately - hopefully it'll stay that way until I'm back on the road. :)

I had just gotten geared up before I broke my toe, so I have new running tops, a new running cap, and new sunglasses sitting there staring at me until I can get going. I'm starting to get really antsy to burn this shoe cast... Can you tell? :rotfl:

Lisa, I'm signed on for the Donald 2013, too! Piling on the crazy...my first half!

XO
Liz

LisaH - can you add my name to princess 2011 list on the first page?

I want to add the Bronx half but not sure of the dates. Nyrr's site isn't showing it.

I have a lunch downtown so I will pick up my race packet today. Just found out that Meb will be at tomorrow's race. So, you know, racing with the NYC marathon winner. No big deal ;)

:offtopic:
Ok so those of you who have been to DL....talk to me!
I am going to Aneheim for a conference in Sept and we are looking at trying to figure out a way for Thom and the kids to fly out at the end and stay for a few days to do DL....would LOVE for Zach to get to see Carsland!!!

Don't know anything about DL or California Adventure so what can you tell me?
Is the meal plan worth it out there? Kind of confusing to figure out what it is all about.....
If the come in on Friday and we leave early Tuesday...will 3 days be enough time? too much??

Thanks guys.

:offtopic:
Ok so those of you who have been to DL....talk to me!
I am going to Aneheim for a conference in Sept and we are looking at trying to figure out a way for Thom and the kids to fly out at the end and stay for a few days to do DL....would LOVE for Zach to get to see Carsland!!!

Don't know anything about DL or California Adventure so what can you tell me?
Is the meal plan worth it out there? Kind of confusing to figure out what it is all about.....
If the come in on Friday and we leave early Tuesday...will 3 days be enough time? too much??

Thanks guys.

Ooo, Jen, I LOVE Disneyland. :love:

There is a ton of great info on the DL boards. Here is a link to a thread called DLR for WDW Vets that is a good place to start. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1162599

Everything is much closer together at DL than at WDW. Lots of choices on where to stay. I love Grand Californian but it is very expensive and I would not stay there if I didn't have DVC. This is an aerial map of the parks and surrounding hotels.
11450dlgoodneighbormap1.jpg

Here is a link to a live webcam at HoJo's (Howard Johnson) which is an excellent place to stay. http://www.hojoanaheim.com/take-a-tour/webcam

I would do park hoppers and skip the dining plan. There just are not as many places to eat at DL.

Have to rush off to school for now. Hello to everyone else! :wave2:

Hi Jen, Lisa and I are both DL vets, we both lived in the area (and the other Lisa is a former CM!).

I always stay at the Hojo's and get their entertainment rate. They have a fun water play area and is a short walk to DL. I think next time we will stay at the DL hotel, the kids really want to. Since we are moving to norcal this summer we will be able to go there more cheaply.

The DL guide for WDW vets is a really good starting place. And the DL side of the boards is extremely friendly. That and WISH are my two favorite DIS areas.

Instead of ADRs, the dining reservations are known as PS (priority seating). You can only make ressies 60 days out. Dining ressies don't fill up nearly as fast as at WDW. I have heard that the DL dining plan is not worth it. There are not nearly as many TS restaurants at DL. I would recommend the Blue Bayou, it is the restaurant inside POTC and is very unique to DL.

As you can see from the map Lisa posted (which brings back memories of running backstage during the Tink!), everything is within walking distance. Its easy to park hop and its a short walk to DTD. Since so many hotels are nearby its also easy to go back to the hotel for a nap or some pool time.

We are all eagerly anticipating the opening of Cars Land, especially us uberplanners who want to know how it will affect our touring plans. We will most likely be going either in early June (if we win the annual passholder preview contest) or in August just before school starts, so I can let you know my experience.

Liz Congrats on signing up for the Donald! I hope the toe is doing well and you can get back to your routine soon.

Since I know we are definitely moving, I think it is more likely that we will be able to do either W&D or marathon weekend. I am leaning towards marathon weekend and maybe saving W&D for a year or two later. The only downside is I really want to do the Tink too and I hate that they are a week apart next year. If we stick to our housing budget and have enough money to get our house up and running (for me this includes purchasing a gas stove, I hate electric!) we should be able to save for it. I should know more after we move.

I need to go register for a 5K this weekend, I really want a PR for my birthday!

ETA: I am definitely in for the DL half 2013 if anyone else wants to go C2C next year!

Thanks guys
I am really trying to figure out if we can make the trip! I hate trying to plan for such a short trip but it is better than nothing. I have been told that I am getting a raise, hopefully significant because others that I am training are getting paid MORE than I am.... Hate having to wait it find out but if it is as good as I am hoping it will really make the trip possible.

Fingers crossed Lisa that you win the preview!! I sooooo want to find out about Carsland.

Well hope everyone is enjoying some nice running weather.. It has been really nice here and I should be taking advantage of it but alas....I have been in the house cleaning :mad: hopefully I will get things in order soon so I can get on with life!!

Just a quick pop in,:wave2::flower3:

Wishing Nancy & Rose safe travels to Fl-my friends just spent a week at Disney and they had an amazing time.
Jen hope things work out for Disneyland, I have never been so no help there.
Lisa R- How goes the moving plans? Did that person that was interested in your house before you even knew you where moving pan out?

Hi to Kathy, Maria , Lindsey and any one else I may have missed-
To those doing Marathon Weekend did you see the video laying out the course for the marathon- Rose does that tempt you to seal the deal for the full? :scratchin;)

My M.O.M.S (memories of missing smiles) Day 5K which benifits a section of the park Jake and I run at dedicated to parents that have lost their children, went pretty well. I was not out for a PR since I ran 6 miles the day before and the knee was a little sore, it held up but I'm paying for it this week and have not been able to run at all although doing bike and eliptical doesn't aggervate it- so I think it is just ITBS. I did place 5th in my age group out of 25 women running and Jake placed 2nd in his age group and PR-ed by 40 seconds.:thumbsup2 We had planned to cross the finish line together but when I realized he would PR, I told him to go for it :cheer2:and he sprinted to the finish- I can't keep up with him when he sprints-he's just to fastand at that point I did not want to push it with my knee. We headed home and he cooked me a post race breakfast and spent a quiet afternoon at home since our celebration happened last weekend.

I have finalized Jake's Summer Camp schedules -he's going to Camp Kiwanis for 1 week, Robotics Day Camp for a week, TKD Day Camp and Extreme Adventure Camp that includes caving, rock wall climbing and Kyaking plus 2 weeks with Grandma and Grandpa and the begining of the summer and we hope to take a mini vacation towards the end of August to St. Augustine depending on FIL's health. We are headed over there for a Memorial Day Cookout on the 28th and I have that retirement party to attend on Sunday so it is go go go for me for the next few weeks - what else is new:goodvibes

Nah, Dottie, you didn't kill the thread. :hug:

Like you we've all been off running in a thousand different directions literally and figuratively. This is also the first week on the Biggest Loser challenge. I am coaching so that pretty much takes up my online time. We're not even real chatty on FB right now. It's that summer time thing. :sunny:

Since this thread has been going for so long we are thinking about starting a new one for the Fall and Winter Disney races. What do you think? I think we will get some of the new runners and well as some of the more experienced runners who maybe didn't feel comfortable breaking into this thread that was started so long ago and is so dang big. :hippie:

Let me know what you think please :flower3:

Nah, Dottie, you didn't kill the thread. :hug:

Like you we've all been off running in a thousand different directions literally and figuratively. This is also the first week on the Biggest Loser challenge. I am coaching so that pretty much takes up my online time. We're not even real chatty on FB right now. It's that summer time thing. :sunny:

Since this thread has been going for so long we are thinking about starting a new one for the Fall and Winter Disney races. What do you think? I think we will get some of the new runners and well as some of the more experienced runners who maybe didn't feel comfortable breaking into this thread that was started so long ago and is so dang big. :hippie:

Hey Lisa, relived to know you all are still out there somewhere :goodvibes.

I have not been running since my MOM's run- sidelined with another injury- covered in bruises on my legs as I was learning how to "clip in" for biking. I'm still hoping to run my 5k next Saturday though.
I'm in favor of the new thread - I'll be the first to admit it is intimidating to join a well established thread. I'm excited that both you and Rose will be at the W/D and hope we can meet up before the race or at the after party. I hope to be in top notch running shape by then.

Congrats on your last race the course looked beautiful.:cheer2:

Dottie

Hello there!!

It's been way too long since I've been here on the dis at all. Hi Dottie, Jen and Liz!! I've seen the others on facebook. I think it's a great idea to start a new thread for upcoming this fall/winter. I think Lisa is right, just busy summer scheduling stuff. We've had lots of baseball, and my hours changed so I go in at 8 instead of 9, so my mornign dis time is gone, but the afternoon I get out earlier, but the time goes to baseball and makign dinner, so it's nice, but still short on computer time.

I've written my training plan for the sept half, and done well with 2 short run/walks midweek, and weekend runs I'm planning to gradually increase, so those will be the ones I need to work on getting in. I didn't run this weekend, and had planned 4 miles, but am off tomorrow so I will do at least 3 in the morning, maybe 4. I did 4 a couple weekends ago.

I have my 5k in 2.5 weeks, and am confident I'll be below 45 min, but doubtful I'll pr, and most certain I won't break 40, unless I miraculously find myself kicking butt and losing 10 pounds by then. lol.

Dottie-How is fil doing? I've been thinking about you all. My mom's 3rd anniversary is the 26th. I hope things are going as well as can be expected. It's such a whirlwind going through it. Congrats on the Mom's race. You and Jake both did amazing. That must have been an emotional race too. Hope you are doing well. :hug:

Liz-Hope you are doing well,and the foot is healed and you're able to run again. :goodvibes

Jen-The Lisa's are a wealth of DL information. Hope all is well with you.

I'm in for a new thread!:goodvibes

Dottie we definitely need to meet up for w&d! That will be lots of fun. We are still not sure if Mike is coming too. It's all coming down to finances. I hope you fil is doing well. What is the latest injury? Being injured just stinks.

***Ok, never mind, we just had a discussion and he decided to go ahead and register and be done with it. We both have quite a bit of money in our Virgin Healthmiles account to cover new shoes, Marathon wknd registration and W&D. But I am 100% positive if we want to do a girls only thing sometime over the weekend Mike would be fine with it.:goodvibes

If you all want, I would be happy to start the new thread and post everyone's races on the first page. But Lisa, I certainly don't need to if you want to go ahead post the new one. :goodvibes

Kathy--so glad to see you running again.:goodvibes

I am doing well. Backed off on the mileage in May. And feeling pretty good. We ran 6.2 this morning--neither of us wanted to, but we did it. Feel like I am getting my mojo back, so that is a good thing.

I probably sound like a broken record, but especially for us over 40s, the yoga is helping me sooooo much. It is essentially doing a lot of the same exercises and stretches that they assign in PT for common injuries in a class setting. At the Y this week one of the trainers showed me how to do something for my lower back that I am going to start doing next week that is supposed to help strengthen it.

And in other news, Mike and I are going to both switch to Newton's. I'll let you know how it goes.:goodvibes

Love this idea! I'll follow this group anywhere. :)

Liz-Hope you are doing well,and the foot is healed and you're able to run again. :goodvibes

Thank you! I'm doing so much better. Six weeks post-break, I'm running again, albeit in short intervals. It feels great to be back out there, and the most I feel is a twinge or two in my toe - nothing painful, just something I notice.

I restarted my C25K so that I wouldn't do too much too quickly, and that seems to be a good pace for getting back into the swing of things. Now that we have light until almost 9pm, I'm really enjoying getting out late in the day - just need to remember the bug spray!

Great! It will be good for me to be "responsible" for something.:thumbsup2 What should I call it???
Thanks, Rose! I'm looking forward to the new thread. I'm not creative with names, but I guess we'd want it to be something people could easily identify when they're scanning the thread list. Maybe something like "WISH Disney Runs - Fall 2012/Winter 2013"? Like I said, not creative here. ;) Would you post a link here when you set it up?

XO
Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts