Biggest Loser 4 Week 2 Challenge #1 is on Page 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Birthday, Mary Lou!!!

And congrats on the wonderful gift Princess Vija. What fun!! That is totally what I want for my 40th. Okay, it's what I want for every birthday (and Christmas). ;)

Happy Birthday to Mary Lou!

64 oz of water almost gone and happy to report that I got in 4 miles on the tmill - now I am off for "stuff" this afternoon - no fast food for me - but that is not a hard one - too many calories to have a stomach ache and I frankly have a hard time "choking" it down.................

Yes- I have been thinking about the WDW 1/2 event too and those who did the 1/2 today and tomorrow the marathon - I do believe that TigerLily is going for the Goofy again , too. CAn't wait for Keenercam's report :banana:

:wizard: :wizard: for continued good choices for the weekend to all :dance3:

Thanks for those who posted the trick about room temperature water- tried that today, and by golly its much easier to choke that down than ice cold stuff....

Did free weight training today from micheal geoges body express makeover

made up my journal pages for my clean induction of atkins that starts monday...got my ketosis strips, and fabric tape measure (yeah this is going to be scary!)...

no snacking here, my meals are all planned when I go to bed the night before...I always take 30 minutes for myself before I wake the kids in the morning to drink my coffee and read the papers (online)...and I'm working on that veggie thing. Tried mushrooms last nigh- yeah, laugh..but I've never eaten them. i told you guys I dont eat many veggies!...they actually werent that bad

Brandy

Hi everyone!
I wasn't online yesterday, I had to drive to St Louis for a doctors appt--2 hours each way, then out to dinner with some girlfriends when I got home.

I'm not much of a fast food eater, but traveling it's a little harder, lol. I even went into a McDonalds yesterday to use the bathroom, but didn't buy anything. :cool1: I made sure to pack "good" snacks to have handy, but ended up not eating them. I was proud of myself for planning ahead though, so if I was starving, I would have something good for me and my diet.

I'm off to a good start with the challenge, drinking all my water every day (I usually drink more than 64 anyway, so that's not hard--I agree, room temp is easier). I am not much of a snacker, so not sure how to meet that one....I am excited to try to find some fruits/veggies I haven't tried. Thanks to the poster upthread who listed what she tried, there was one or two on there that I don't think I've tried. When I first saw the challenge, I thought it's going to be hard to find 6 I haven't tried! I think on Monday I will go to the store and try to find all 6 in one go, like she did. That's a good plan.

Hope everyone is having a good day, so far so good for me, and yesterday went well even with going out to dinner. When they weighed me at the doctor I had already lost 3 pounds this week! Yeah! Now if I can just keep it up through the weekend, that's always hard for me.

Hi Everybody! Thank you for all the birthday wishes! I am having a wonderful day. We went to Red Lobster for lunch and I was very good. I had grilled Talapia with a baked potato and brocolli! It was delicious!

Sounds like a lot of great starts on this weeks challenges!
I did great yesterday. It was one of those days where a 30min afternoon appointment ended up taking 2hrs, so family was starving for dinner by the time DS & I got out. They really wanted KFC, so I stopped and got them some, but I didn't get any for me. I waited until I got home and had a salad and leftover beef/barley casserole. :woohoo: The KFC sure smelled good in the car, but I know it won't have tasted as good! I probably would have taken the easy way and had some if it hadn't been for this challenge.
At Luckys this morning there wasn't a whole lot of veggies/fruits that I haven't ever had. I picked out a pummelo, which I probably have had at mom's or restaurants but have never bought one for myself, red bananas, and a chayote squash.
Do you get credit for the trying new fruit even if you spit it out? I bought some red bananas today. Never having gotten them before I had no idea what made them different, if it was just their skin color or if they were different fruit texture. So when I tried to peal it and it was difficult to peel, I didn't know any different. It's texture seemed odd too, more like a zuccini then a soft banana. I took a bite, and it was absolutely horrid! I had to spit it out, which is really really unusual for me. Like are they only for cooking? DH looked them up, and sounds like it should have been soft like a normal banana. So maybe it just is still really really green. Will let them sit around and will try again if and when it gets soft.

Hello everyone!!
so i've been trying some new fruits and veggies too. i have never done a challenge before and was wondering how and when we report it??
i had a weak moment last night.. went to the cheesecake factory for dinner last night and did reallu good with my choice of dinner, but then when it came around for dessert i couldn't say no. so my friend and i shared a pice of cheesecake. I have done so well all week... hope i didn't blow it all on one night....

Happy Saturday everyone - having a hard w/end here. I have been trying to ride my bide each day and I don't think it is going to work out. With an ankle fusion last year the foot doesn't work properly on the pedals and when I tried for a couple of days in a row, it set me back considerably.

So, I relapsed and made me some banana bread. Nex week will be tough also, as I will be on a cruise and that is not going to be good for my eating habits.

I do plan on eating a lot of ceasar salad with just a little dressing on the side.

I am not a chocolate or dessert eater, so that is a good thing.

Hi Everybody! Thank you for all the birthday wishes! I am having a wonderful day. We went to Red Lobster for lunch and I was very good. I had grilled Talapia with a baked potato and brocolli! It was delicious!

did you see your b/day wishes over on the community board?

Happy birthday Mary Lou,

Kay- enjoy the cruise & good luck. I always gain. Walk deck 10 for me.

Group power was fun, then I had lunch with the girls and I was good- salad while very one else was having burger w/ fries and pizza. But I am determined to do this. They gym is going to let me just buy a pass for Saturdays, so I can use the base gym duing the week and go to their classess on Saturday. I was thrilled. It was a nice change.

Have a great Saturday.

I will be on this cruise solo, so I will have a lot of time to do this in the a.m. That is my best time of the day. Listen for your name in the clouds

Happy birthday Mary Lou,

Kay- enjoy the cruise & good luck. I always gain. Walk deck 10 for me.

Group power was fun, then I had lunch with the girls and I was good- salad while very one else was having burger w/ fries and pizza. But I am determined to do this. They gym is going to let me just buy a pass for Saturdays, so I can use the base gym duing the week and go to their classess on Saturday. I was thrilled. It was a nice change.

Have a great Saturday.

just enjoy your day and do whatever makes you happy and content.

no one else does it for us :lmao: :lmao:

Our weekly challenges are compiled by ohMom and are usually posted before their start date. Each challenge will include a start date, end date, and deadline to report you total score. All the information listed is included in the challenge introduction. Pay attention though the challenges do not always begin on Thursdays. Each challenge includes tasks to preform and a point value for completing the tasks. It is very helpful to print out the tasks involved and keep the list handy. As you complete a task make a note of it on your print out. At the end of the challenge total the points you have earned and report the total points ie xx points to PRINCESSVIJA. You may PM her or email her at vng1@charter.net.

If you have any questions about a challenge or tasks post them on our weekly thread and a co-captain will answer you. Please be patient with us. Sometimes RL (Real Life) takes priority. Sometimes we have to pow wow over the internet to come to an agreement about a question. We just have your best interest at heart. We want to get you thinking outside of the box and to try new and different things.

This weeks challenge is listed here. It began Friday morning and will end next Thursday night at midnight (January 17). On Friday the 18th report your total points to Vija by noon. If you are likely to forget then report on Thursday after you have a earned all your points for the week. If you are late report your score anyway, Vija will include you if she has not made the final tabulations.

Your reward - bragging rights and the satisfaction of the successful completion of a challenge designed to help you develop a healthy lifestyle.

I have already heard some smackdowns bragging to earn the entire 130 point maximum score this week. Are you up to it? Will you be one of the elite few that can go the distance? Will you be a high scorer among our little group? Well get your game on and get to work.

Have a healthy day!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARY LOU!!

INstead of a question of the day I would like to give you guys an inspirational quote from Wendy (whgrn)

Neither pain, nor kids nor Hershey's chocolate shall stop the members of WISH from achieving their diet and exercise goals.

I love the quote and maybe it should be our motto.

Awww, gee! I feel so honored! I was actually just thinking of the things that get in my way...

The breakfast, water, and no fast food parts are easy. The snack avoidance should not be a problem. My wrinkle will be the fruits/veggies. As another poster said, I've already tried so many, there aren't many left to try! (altho there were alot on there I've never even heard of!) Hopefully there will be some obscure stuff at Canyon Ranch!

Today was beautiful outside so i took advantage of it. I walked the park which is 3 miles. My brother went with me and this afternoon he said i was really moving and a couple of times he had to speed up just to keep with me. This is a huge compliment because the is alot quicker than me(6-8 min miles). As far as the challenge goes the only thing i am having problems with is the fruits and vegetables. I love to try new ones so they are hard to find. I will review the list that was posted and see if i can find them. I have been faithful to my lifestyle change since the 2nd of January(i'm so proud of myself) for my eating, I need to excercise more but i hope to change that next week by waking up earlier and doing it then rather than waiting until after work.

Kay sorry to hear you cant ride your bike i know you really wanted to. When do you leave on the cruise is it tomorrow or next thursday?

Have a great night everyone.

I just finished grocery shopping (what a mess with the threat of snow tomorrow), putting things away and cooking dinner. I made fries with chicken nuggets for ds2 and dh and salmon and a salad for myself. I made the salad with butter lettuce, red lettuce, radicchio and alfalfa sprouts, all things I haved not had before. I also have brocollini and a thing that looks like a cauliflower but is green. I have to try those over the next few days.

I have gotten in all my water and did some knitting this afternoon so that I wouldn't snack. The socks are getting there.

This morning I had an omlet with peppers and onion. The omlet was made with eggbeaters. Lunch I had salmon salad with celery and onions.

Hope everyone had a great day. I may not be able to check in tomorrow until late.

We can do this

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter