Biggest Loser 10 Fall Challenge -- for losers and maintainers :)

Tuesday Question of the Day

Speaking of restaurants at DW is there a place you tried at DW or DL that you really enjoyed? If you haven't been in a long time is there a place that you have read about you would like to try?

To date, my favorite breakfast is Ohana, and we keep going back for dinner at Boma. I would really like to try Afternoon Tea at the GF, maybe I'll get to for the Princess trip!

Still not actually feeling better, I came in today to support my boss who had to do a presentation at an all staff meeting. Tomorrow I'm staying home and in bed. I'm already looking forward to chicken soup for dinner, and I plan to push fluids and have a very light eating day tomorrow. I am currently heavily medicated, so forgive my lack of replies. Thanks to everyone who asked about me, and let's hope the BL show is inspiring tonight! :cheer2:

Maria :upsidedow

Well, we have arrived at our first opportunity to see those inches being whittled away and to celebrate our successes.

We started our challenge with 21 WINners and 16 have reported in this week.

Collectively, over our first 3-week period, we have:

• Lost a total of 43 inches
  • Lost an average of 2 2/3 inches
  • Lost an average of 1.71%
Our TOP FIVE WINners for this period are:
5) jbm02 . . . . . . . . . . . . . -2.51%
4) mommyof2Pirates . . . -2.69%
3) tggrrstarr . . . . . . . . . . -2.75%
2) my3princes. . . . . . . . . -4.26%

And (drumroll) our Number One WINner is:
1) flipflopmom . . . . . . . . -5.17%

:cool1: Congratulations to Taryn, Deb, Kelli, Lindsay, Jude and ALL of our WINners! :cool1:

We are off to a great start and let's keep on WINning! :thumbsup2

If anyone still wants to report their measurements for this period, please do. I'm happy to help you track your progress whether or not you are able to get your numbers in before the results are posted.

Well, we have arrived at our first opportunity to see those inches being whittled away and to celebrate our successes.

We started our challenge with 21 WINners and 16 have reported in this week.

Collectively, over our first 3-week period, we have:

• Lost a total of 43 inches
  • Lost an average of 2 2/3 inches
  • Lost an average of 1.71%

:cool1: Congratulations to Taryn, Deb, Kelli, Lindsay, Jude and ALL of our WINners! :cool1:

We are off to a great start and let's keep on WINning! :thumbsup2

If anyone still wants to report their measurements for this period, please do. I'm happy to help you track your progress whether or not you are able to get your numbers in before the results are posted.

WOW!! What awesome, awesome results!! :woohoo::banana::cool1::thumbsup2 CONGRATULATIONS to all the WINners, and especially to the top 5. I am so impressed! :worship:

Congrats to all our WIN! participants, winners and especially to Taryn our big WINner! :cool1: I'm so impressed how you are staying OP and making such great progress in spite of your incredibly busy schedule!

Lindsay, :hug: for your busy days!

Deb, my sympathies, I have one of those Disney "adults" who doesn't eat enough to justify the cost, too. :flower3:

Cupcaker, hope it's cooler in your neck of the woods today. :sunny:
You are going to love WDW! :love:

Susan, great job on the book bargains! :goodvibes

Speaking of restaurants at DW is there a place you tried at DW or DL that you really enjoyed? If you haven't been in a long time is there a place that you have read about you would like to try?

The food choices at DL are not as good as the ones at WDW IMHO. I love Napa Rose and you can't beat Blue Bayou for the atmosphere. pirate:

At WDW I second mikamah's vote for Boma and love Artist's Point. I'm hoping to try Sanaa in February. princess:

Rose, you did 30 minutes on the elliptical! :worship: And have a race coming up. :cheer2:

I'm thinking since my birthday is 2 days before the Princess half, that maybe I'll force michael to eat there with me for my b-day. :rotfl:

Thanks for reminding me that your birthday is right before the Princess! ;)

I have a great picture of DS with Cinderlla from our 2008 trip. I will have to see if it is scanned and post it. Cinderella was actually quite happy to have someone besides a squealy princess with her for a few minutes. :rolleyes:

:wave2: Hi Shannon! Nice to see you! :flower3: How long until moving day?

CC, take it easy on yourself -- your body is trying to heal! :flower3:

The exercise I am doing is pretty good, but not enough and almost no strength training. I am just feeling bored and I need to find something new and fun and challenging. Guess I'll take a peek at the Y schedule when I am there tonight. Anyhow, good luck with your challenge!!

Thanks! Weren't there some classes at the Y that you liked earlier this year? I know you have to spend quite a bit of time there due to swimming. I totally agree that exercise is boring. I know I should change my mind set about that but it is easier said than done! :sad2:

Lisa - Thank you, sweetie! :hug: Your BL challenge sounds so great! Is there a food component, too? Or does it focus primarily on activity? I can't imagine burning 7000 calories in one week, but then if you think of it as 1000/day and 30 minutes on the elliptical burns at least 300 for me, then getting the other 700/day sounds a bit less intimidating. I always wonder how to count calories burned for weight/strength training. I always just give myself one WW activity point for physical therapy's 30-40 minutes of strength exercises (leg lifts with weights, etc) and machine weight lifting. Have you been given any guidance on how that is counted?

Interestingly for the nutrition component so far they've recommended sparkpeople for tracking and figuring out your daily caloric needs. They are supposed to do some more of the nutritional part tomorrow with our last chance workout. I'll let you know if they come up with anything new or interesting.

I would like to know about the calorie count for strength training, too, Cam. I think you are selling yourself short for 1 point for your PT but I don't have anything to base that on. (Well, except maybe that we tend to overestimate the number of calories burned for exercise! :rotfl:).

They gave us a chart with some activities on it. Each activity has a factor that you multiply by the time and your weight to calculate the calories burned. You do a calculation based on your weight x minutes x this factor on the list = calories burned. For example, 150 pound person doing aerobics for an hour burns 560 calories (150 x 60 minutes x .06 (the factor from the chart for aerobics)). I will find out where they get the chart so I can post a link. I also hope that they give us an idea where else we can figure this out. I know I could put each exercise on my circuit and the number of reps and figure it out on sparkpeople -- but that will take a lot of time. My trainer recommended livestrong but it doesn't seem any better than sparkpeople. This is one that we need to know more about because I think it would be a big help.

Maria, you are a trouper for coming into work when you felt lousy. Hope that you feel better soon! :flower3:

just stopping in to say hi :goodvibes and keenercam - you look like a princess!!!:flower3:

Glad that you stopped by, jenn. :hug: We missed you!

The other trainer for my BL team called today. He seems very nice. He also wanted to warn me that this workout tomorrow will be a little bit tough. :scared1:

Have a great evening all! I will be back tomorrow to tell you how my last chance workout went.

Hi Everyone,

Still under my points today even with 5 pts of Bisquick. :confused3

I made this concoction for dinner tonight with Bisquick, eggs, milk, and shrimp. My father declared it "one of my better concoctions." :rotfl2:

I am not sure what else I'll eat tonight, but I better decide soon. I don't like to eat to late.

A few quick replies and then I'll eat.

Thanks again Lisa! My dad was fine last night. Hoping that continues. Your BL challenge at your gym sounds intense, but in a good way. :cool1:

pjlla: Hope you feel better! :goodvibes

Cam: Great question. I'm not sure of the answer. :confused3 I do think you could count PT as 2 APs as long as you consider it moderate activity. Thanks Lisa for the help! :)

Headache is gone.

:yay: I don't know much about potato bread, but I do like it.

Thanks Bree! Hope you had a great day! :goodvibes

Maria: I hope you feel better soon. :goodvibes

[/SIZE]

:woohoo: to the Top 5!

Hi jennz. Good to hear from you! :goodvibes

CC, take it easy on yourself -- your body is trying to heal! :flower3:

Thanks! I'm trying to relax as much as possible. I am not exercising. Just too exhausted. Feeling tired is helping me feel better about not exercising though. I'm watching what I'm eating and hoping that I lose at least something between last Tuesday and when I can finally weigh-in again.

Good luck with your last chance workout tomorrow! :goodvibes

JenA: I hope everything is going well. :goodvibes and :hug:

Have a great day tomorrow everyone!

I got in my 5K on the elliptical! I had just started and my boss called and asked if I could come in tonight. Can't pass up any clients in this economy! I had done up .35 of a mile at this point so I got back in and did another 2.75 miles! I knocked 11 1/2 minutes off my original time!

I've done really well with water and food today. I had TJs potstickers for supper and had a Special K bar when I got home from work. Still working on getting rid of the weekend weight. I'll get in 2 miles when I wake up and another 5K at lunchtime after the girls get home from school. DD2 has dancing and DD1 has soccer tomorrow night and I have to work again and go to my weight loss challenge meeting.

After the girls go off to school I really need to get cleaning for when my parents get here on Sunday. I just haven't been motivated to get anything done the past several days.

I'll pop in tomorrow morning! I'm exhausted right now!

Ate OP (B-fiber bar, L-turkey, string cheese, jello100 cal snack, big bowl of chicken and veggies for dinner). Dinner for tomorrow - chilli- is started. We finally got AK to swallow pills, so we will be switching her meds Friday, to Concerta, got a coupon for a free month. It's about $75 a month cheaper than what she was on. Brad going tomorrow to check on refi the house.

Thanks for all your support. Just keep the PPD coming, I literally feel the blackness descending. It's a scary feeling, I'm not sure I can claw my way back out of it again if I can't shake it...

Taryn

Just a quick post to say hi!

Kathy--Congratulations on 7 miles!!!!! I am so happy for you!:goodvibes

Lisa--your challenge sounds very "challenging.":thumbsup2 Actually, I think it sounds fun!

Taryn--I have done the black cloud before. Hugs to you.

Very busy day at work today. There is a board meeting Monday, so I had a bunch of stuff that needed done this week. I already told my boss, I cannot stay late Thursday! We just finished dinner. We ran after work. I didn't want to, but once I got started it was a pretty good run. I don't know where my motivation has gone to lately?:confused3 So the plan is 30 min on the elliptical tomorrow and an easy 30 minute run Thursday morning. I was going to push harder to meet my exercise goal but I'm tired. I rubbed a blister tonight, too. So I have scabs from the chafing and a blister. This could be quite the interesting run on Saturday. It's my first blister all summer! What a whiner I must sound like! Anyhow, I'm looking forward to getting on the plane and not having anything (other than run 13 miles:lmao:) to do for a few days.

I'm off tomorrow, so I will try to check in. Have a good night.:goodvibes

I had a great 7 mile run/walk yesterday and completed it in 105 min and 42 seconds which makes a 15.06 min/mile, which means I would not be swept in the princess!!

Kathy you are doing so great. You will be fine for the princess. You can do it,,,,,I know you can! Great job on meeting your goal.

I thought that I would share a little about the BL challenge that I am doing at the gym.

Wow Lisa this does sound intense. This challenge is going to have you in tip top shape. Look out here she comes!!!!:lmao:

Glad things are going well for you under the circumstances.:goodvibes

Still not actually feeling better

I hope you feel better soon.:hug:

[/LIST]

Wow I was really excited to be in the top 5. I notice the pounds are not coming off real fast lately but the inches are. Thanks connie for getting me motivated to check my measurements.

Congrats to all the WINners:thumbsup2 and to

TARYN:banana::yay: YOU ROCK GIRL!

The other trainer for my BL team called today. He seems very nice. He also wanted to warn me that this workout tomorrow will be a little bit tough. :scared1:

Now when your training calls with a disclaimer for the workout that it a little scary.:scared1::lmao: Good luck with that Lisa.;)

Thanks for all your support. Just keep the PPD coming, I literally feel the blackness descending. It's a scary feeling, I'm not sure I can claw my way back out of it again if I can't shake it...

Taryn

You will be ok Taryn. You are so smart you will find a way to make things work. I am in the process of getting out of the hole too. I totally know how you feel. Think positive. Some things that help me are to make a plan, and focus on the positive things you do have in your life. Oh I wish I could do more to help you. Im hear to listen if you need to vent.:hug:

I don't know where my motivation has gone to lately?:confused3

Im having this same problem.:confused:

I bet you will feel so much better once you get on that plane and leave the work behind. :hug:

Ok I am completely exhausted but felt the need to catch up with everyone. We gave 101 flu vaccines to kids tonight in 2 hours. I am beat.

I need to admit to everyone that I am totally off plan. Not sure whats happening. Im getting lazy. Not planning meals. Not feeling like eating what I have in the house....which isnt much but I am out of grocery money until I get paid next so for now it will have to do. I really need to kick myself into gear.

I do plan on running tomorrow. Hopefully its not raining to hard. It rained again most of today. The humidity is gross.

I am going to head to bed now to get some rest. Talk to you tomorrow.

Here we celebrate our progress and recognize our superstars.

Reminders:
-after 3 weeks of no reporting, you are dropped from the challenged – can re-start at any time, though :goodvibes
-if anybody knows they will miss weighing in, just PM and let me know and you’ll be marked excused :goodvibes

First some stats

MAINTAINERS:
(staying within 2 lbs of their maintain weight is successfully maintaining!)
# of Maintainers Reporting In & Successfully Maintaining: 3
(congrats 50sjayne & Rose&Mike & Princessbride6205!)

LOSERS:
Current Participants-------------65!
not reporting in for 1 week------ 7
not reporting in for 2 weeks------ 9
not reporting in for 3 weeks------ 12
Excused------------------------- 4
weigh ins----------------------- 52
gains---------------------------- 12
maintains------------------------ 1
losses-------------------------- 31
new or returning members -------- 1

Biggest Loser Fall Challenge Week 3!
This week’s group loss = 43.9 pounds!
Average percentage of weight lost 0.47 %
:cool1:
Total group weight loss so far 171.0 pounds!
How soon will we reach 250lbs? :goodvibes
:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: AWESOME!

Retention Rate (compared to the 67 weighins for our start weigh-in on Sept 3)
(45+3+4)/ 67 = 78% :goodvibes (this includes the Losers and Maintainer and Excused people!)

Before the weekly superstar list comes the disclaimer. I am human and I make mistakes. If you have any questions please contact me. For your reference this is the magic percentage of weight lost formula - weight loss for the week divided by weight for last week times 100, that gives us the percentage. Now let me test that with my numbers for week 1, click, click, click goes the calculator. Yes, that agrees with the percentage on the magic spreadsheet. (btw if its been more than 1 week between weigh-ins, then the % loss is divided by the number of weeks, to keep everybody on the same basis)

Now let's get to the good stuff. Who were our superstars of week 3? This time I’ve done a TOP 12 LIST which is everybody over 1% loss! That criteria may change from week to week. Hey I'm in charge here and I get paid nothin' to do this so you better take what you can get!;);):rotfl: (and if there’s something you want to know, just ask me!)

The WISH Biggest Loser Summer Challenge Week 2 Superstars!!
#12- 1.06% - lovedvc
#11- 1.08% - lisah0711
#10- 1.09% - happysmyly
#9- 1.33% - momof2gr8kids
#8- 1.36% - tigger813
#7- 1.42% - Worfiedoodles
#6- 1.55% -TIE! stitch’sgirl & MacG
#5- 1.56% - Cupcaker
#4- 1.62% - Sarah’s Mom
#3- 1.64% - keenercam
#2- 1.95% - tggrrstarr
and now
The WISH Biggest Loser Summer Challenge
Week 3 Biggest Loser is:
#1- 2.52% - flipflopmom

Quote from Dare2Dream: How is your week going? Are you OP (on program)? Are you exercising? Drinking that water? You know what to do to make the magic happen. Get on the wagon. We are all here to help you on the journey. We can do this one day at a time. One bite at a time.

Have a healthy day!
Congratulations flipflopmom !!! :cool1:
What a great week you had. Keep up the good work. We have a very special clippie reserved for our weekly Biggest Loser. Wear it with pride this week! :goodvibes:

This is our weekly reigning Biggest Loser clippie. We have the large version

31040weeklyBLsmall1.jpg

or use this
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLsmall1.jpg
followed by

or we have a medium version

31040weeklyBLmed.jpg

or use this
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLmed.jpg
followed by

and we have a small version

31040weeklyBLsm.jpg

or use
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLsm.jpg
followed by

Thanks to ohMom-Molli for these clippies. They were used for a previous BL but we can recycle. Don't they look great! ::yes::

NOW FOR THOSE OF US WHO SET A GOAL FOR THE CHALLENGE!

NOTE: this list includes participants who have reported in within the last 3weeks, once someone misses 3 weigh-ins they are dropped from this report.
How this works: you set your goal for what to lose in the challenge. Then I calculate your weight loss in the challenge divided by your goal to get a % to goal.
Anybody can change their goal at anytime (or add a goal) – all you have to do is send me a PM.
Since the goals are an individual thing, the list is just in alphabetical order to make it easier for everybody to find their own name. If there are any questions or suggestions please let me know. :goodvibes
We have done 3 out of 15 weeks, so the challenge is 20% complete.

aamomma 20.0
boltfan 12.0
carmiedog 0.6
Chicogirl 60.0
corinnak 26.9
Cupcaker 32.5
Dahly 7.3
Daphne 0.0
devonsmommy 7.5
disneymom2one 50.6
DisneyObsession 16.7
Dreamer24 -9.7
dvccruiser76 18.2
flipflopmom 16.7
goldcupmom 17.7
happysmyly 0.0
jbm02 40.0
jenanderson 35.0
JOANNEL 27.5
keenercam 14.4
liesel 10.0
lisah0711 26.7
lovedvc 15.0
MacG 15.0
MickeyMagic 32.0
mikamah 24.0
mommyof2Pirates 15.0
momof2gr8kids 30.0
my3princes 15.8
NC_Tink 11.0
pinkle 0.0
Sarah's Mom 8.3
SettingSail 26.7
stitch'sgirl 16.0
tggrrstarr 21.8
tigger813 24.2
tiki23 -3.3
tmclanton 9.1
Worfiedoodles 46.7

Losing weight is Hard. Maintaining weight is hard. Being overweight is hard. Choose your hard.

BY ????

Hi everyone. Another super busy day. Still a lot of work to do tonight before I go to bed. Thanks for all the suggestions for places to eat. Dona, your qotd has helped so much. I will finish looking at menus tomorrow and book.

Well I found 3 of the kid's books on Alibris $39.42 grand total--something I'd never heard of until a thread on the budget board I'd saved. The photography one that was $80 I got for $15 on ebay-it was from Goodwill so I feel good about that one. The other I let the kid just pick up used from the bookstore there since it was only $11.

Thats great! I usually try Dealoz, but I'll look on Alibris for my books.

Kona gets good reviews, you might like it if you like Ohana... and thanks

I took a look at the munu, it looks like something I would be into. Thanks!

I recently enjoyed the Jazz Kitchen at DL. I look forward to going there again. I also enjoyed Le Cellier at DW. The meat was cooked perfectly and the pretzel bread was amazing.

Our other favorite is Beaches and Cream. Love the ice cream and the prices are much more reasonable than Ghiradelli.

I will definitely have to look for this when Im there.

I thought that I would share a little about the BL challenge that I am doing at the gym. The challenge is 8 weeks through 11/20. Each Wednesday at 5:30 am I will be doing my last chance workout with my team. I hope I can work after that! :scared1: There are a couple of team challenges, too. In addition to getting credit for % of weight lost, you get credit for % of body fat lost (as tested by the little machine you hold in your hands, which we all know can vary a lot.) and points for completing assignments. For example, this week I have to do a strength class, 40 minutes of cardio on the machines, and burn 1900 calories in workouts. Luckily, everything counts, housework, steps, time with my trainer, so I should be fine. The activity level rises each week until the last week I have to burn over 7,000 calories -- I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I think my missing link of activity is going to be found with this challenge. :yay:

Wow. What great motivation, especially being part of a team who you do last chance workouts with. You'll have to keep us updated :goodvibes

:hug: I know what you mean. My grandma can’t fathom the idea that I won’t eat ice cream. For one, I’m lactose intolerant. I don’t remember when I could actually eat ice cream without getting sick. And two, the fat content is unbelievable. It’s a great splurge and I’ll do it for high-quality ice cream, but she buys store brand. In her mind, ice cream is a daily thing. :rolleyes1.

I think our grandmothers might have been seperated at birth. Shes the same with the ice cream :confused3

The results are amazing :worship:

Cupcaker, hope it's cooler in your neck of the woods today. :sunny:

Its cooling down finally. I think it was a little under 90. I just think of this as training for Florida because now we have humidity too.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to getting on the plane and not having anything (other than run 13 miles:lmao:) to do for a few days.

Me tooo! Except the running part :laughing:

But in the meantime, I am also with you on the motivation part. I have had no motivation. I have kept my calorie restriction in place, but I have no motivation to exercise. I have just been squeeking by with 25-30 minutes of exercise instead of my usual 60 :sad2: I think it may be the heat. I am hoping to maintain this week and next week too.

Good Wednesday morning. Today will be my long day. I have a full day of classes and then I have to go back for Back to School Night. It is much too long of a day. We usually have it on Thursday night and then we only have one day left for the week. I am glad it is on Wed so that I can go to yoga this week. No yoga next week since her daughter's school has back to school night.

Haven't seen ds2 for a month now. He just told us the other night that he will be home next weekend for 3 full days. It is a perfect time. His cousin is coming up from NC for 10 days and will be around the weekend he is coming home. I just hope it doesn't get screwed up by other relatives. Dcousin is just 6 months older than ds1. They haven't seen each other in over a year so they are looking forward to having dcousin here.

Congrats on all the Losers this week both weight and inches. Way to go flipflopmom

Question of the Day

Dr Oz is big on pedometers. He feels that you should do over 10000 steps a day. Do you have a pedometer? Do you use it? Do you usually get in your 10000 steps?

I have worn a pedometer since Dec of last year. I have a spreadsheet that I kept the record of how many steps per day. I didn't record it that much during the summer. I started back up in Sept. I want to see how many miles I do during the school year.

Have a great day everyone.

QOTD: I have a few pedometers but they aren't super accurate. Maybe sometime I'll actually set the newest one that I got at Target for $4 a few months back. It seems to be the most accurate one I have.

Happy to see my name in the top 10 again! It's been awhile!

Congrats Taryn and all the other BL!!!!!

Haven't watched the show yet. DH and I watch Glee these days and then I watched the recorded episode or watch it on demand while doing the elliptical. It wasn't on demand yet this morning so I watched the news and get in 2 miles in less than 42 minutes. Really cut down my time while prepping for that 5K I just did. Now to keep it up.

I plan on doing a strength workout today and my daily 5K. I also have to work this evening and go to my weightloss challenge meeting. The girls have a half day and I will be cleaning all morning after going to the WC and then running to work to set up for my client later. It's a hot stone massage so I need to have everything ready for the girl I work with to plug it all in at 5. DD2 has dancing until 5 so I will get there as soon as I can. DD1 has soccer practice so DH has double duty tonight with the kids.

Worried about my workout routine getting messed up when my parents arrive on Sunday. I need to keep up my elliptical workouts everyday. I won't be able to do them at 5:15 like I have been for the next 2 1/2 weeks. I will just have to plan out a schedule and let them know that this is when I will be working out. I will try to walk outside when I can but I really need that elliptical workout. I also hope to do more strength workouts. Friday is my weigh in day at the wc too so I will have to work around that as well. This Friday I volunteer in DD2s kindergarten class for 45 minutes. I'll be doing that once a month. I may also do a reading group in DD1s class on Fridays in the afternoon.

DD1 is taking a shower and I'll need to fix her some breakfast and get her snack ready for school. I do like the mornings when I don't have to make lunches!

I'll be back at some point later. I really need to get something accomplished today! I keep putting off getting the downstairs ready for my parents. I moved a few things around down there this morning when I finished the elliptical. We took the coat rack down when we took the wallpaper down so I have to find a place for the jackets that were on there!

TTFN :tigger:

Good morning, everyone!
Congratulations to all the LOSERS this week and those who are maintaining. Most important, though, congratulations to everyone who is here, working to be healthier. That makes all of us winners. :grouphug: It is fun to see my name in the top 10. I've never lost a lot in any given week, so I'll never be the biggest loser, but it is fun to be up there in the top 10.

Congratulations, Taryn!!! :woohoo:

Rose -- Have fun this weekend! SO many of my WISH race team friends will be there and I am so green with envy. I hope the weather is good for you travelling and that you have a wonderfully relaxed time (except for those 13.1 miles you'll be running. LOL!)

I had to cancel physical therapy last night because we were having computer problems at home and I had to be there to work with the IT guy that came in to work on it. He was there from about 5:30 until about 8:10 and was able to resolve all the problems (we think) except our automatic back up. For some reason our computer refuses to acknowledge the existence of the external backup drive. UGH! Anyway, I missed my PT workout and am feeling like a slug.

Today, I have to be out of my office for at least 3 hours mid-day to go to my friend's mother's funeral about an hour away, which means that I'll come back and be here late and probably not get to the gym.

My WW weigh in tomorrow morning and the scale is not looking friendly. However, it is right in keeping with my body's cycle. Regardless of what I do, I get my WHOOSH week, then I am up a bit the next week, a minimal loss the next week and then a more significant loss again. Oh, well, I'll just keep in my healthy eating/working out whenever possible routine. In the long run, mastering that healthier lifestyle and living it comfortably and routinely is more important than the number on the scale.

BTW, I had another delicious dinner last night (a concoction, as CC would say ;) ). I browned a bag of boca crumbles, added taco seasoning, mixed in brown rice and whole kernel corn, topped the portion on my plate with fat free american cheese, and ate it with a whole wheat tortilla broken up in pieces. It was delicious and filling and I have leftovers for lunch or dinner today. :)

Have a great OP day, everyone!

To date, my favorite breakfast is Ohana, and we keep going back for dinner at Boma. I would really like to try Afternoon Tea at the GF, maybe I'll get to for the Princess trip!

Still not actually feeling better, I came in today to support my boss who had to do a presentation at an all staff meeting. Tomorrow I'm staying home and in bed. I'm already looking forward to chicken soup for dinner, and I plan to push fluids and have a very light eating day tomorrow. I am currently heavily medicated, so forgive my lack of replies. Thanks to everyone who asked about me, and let's hope the BL show is inspiring tonight! :cheer2:

Maria :upsidedow

Sorry you are still feeling poorly. Take care of yourself tomorrow!

I have a great picture of DS with Cinderlla from our 2008 trip. I will have to see if it is scanned and post it. Cinderella was actually quite happy to have someone besides a squealy princess with her for a few minutes. :rolleyes:

My DS has always had great interaction with the princesses. He LOVED breakfast at the castle! In fact, on our very first trip that was his birthday meal! He was turning 4 and I remember him showing Belle his "muscles".... not sure where that idea came from, but it was so cute! I agree... the princesses are always happy for some male companionship!

Thanks! Weren't there some classes at the Y that you liked earlier this year? I know you have to spend quite a bit of time there due to swimming. I totally agree that exercise is boring. I know I should change my mind set about that but it is easier said than done! :sad2:

Well... I actually brought home a cycling schedule last night and highlighted the classes that would fit with the swim schedule. They start next week. But honestly, I'm too chicken to attempt them.

I really hate running. I keep doing it because I feel like I should. But I'm afraid that if I don't find something I enjoy soon, I will quit all of the exercising, all together. I need some accountability..... a class that I enjoy or a trainer/partner who is counting on me...... something. I'm definitely starting the slide down that slippery slope of less and less exercise. I'm getting complacent. And that is scary.

Ate OP (B-fiber bar, L-turkey, string cheese, jello100 cal snack, big bowl of chicken and veggies for dinner). Dinner for tomorrow - chilli- is started. We finally got AK to swallow pills, so we will be switching her meds Friday, to Concerta, got a coupon for a free month. It's about $75 a month cheaper than what she was on. Brad going tomorrow to check on refi the house.

Taryn

One step at a time..... today you found a way to save $75/mo. That is excellent! Maybe you could ask around at the pediatrician's office or here on the Budget Board to see if there are more coupons out there for this med.

The refi can definitely help you save some $$ every month. Any chance you have some stuff in the attic/basement/closets that you could consign or sell on Craigslist?

Start planning some more meatless meals..... a dozen eggs can go a long way in feeding a family. Cut back on "disposable" grocery items like paper towels (kitchen towels work just fine in most cases), paper napkins (I've been using cloth for years), ziploc baggies (hard containers like Gladware last longer and are easier to wash), foil (wash it and reuse it.... really!), Dixie cups (again.... reusable plastic cups work fine). These things might cost a bit more up front but will save you $ in the long run.

Look at where your $$ has gone over the past several months. What is your SECOND largest expense after housing? Probably groceries.... so that is where you should start with the cutbacks (less eating out, more coupons, less meat, more homemade stuff, less convenience food). What was your THIRD largest expense? Transportation?? Could you carpool, drive less, drive a cheaper/more fuel efficient car, have just 1 car??

Honestly, I can't imagine what a situation we would be in if DH's salary suddenly got cut by half.... but I know that these are areas I would start looking at.

Hopefully you can find an "umbrella" to keep that dark cloud from descending on you too quickly! :hug:
Very busy day at work today. There is a board meeting Monday, so I had a bunch of stuff that needed done this week. I already told my boss, I cannot stay late Thursday! We just finished dinner. We ran after work. I didn't want to, but once I got started it was a pretty good run. I don't know where my motivation has gone to lately?:confused3 So the plan is 30 min on the elliptical tomorrow and an easy 30 minute run Thursday morning. I was going to push harder to meet my exercise goal but I'm tired. I rubbed a blister tonight, too. So I have scabs from the chafing and a blister. This could be quite the interesting run on Saturday. It's my first blister all summer! What a whiner I must sound like! Anyhow, I'm looking forward to getting on the plane and not having anything (other than run 13 miles:lmao:) to do for a few days.

I'm off tomorrow, so I will try to check in. Have a good night.:goodvibes

EWW.... a blister right before your 1/2?? :headache: So sorry. And NO, you don't sound like a WHINER at all! You sound like a strong runner who is frustrated. Sorry things are aggravating right now.... but you will have a GREAT trip and a SUPER run... I know it!

Ok I am completely exhausted but felt the need to catch up with everyone. We gave 101 flu vaccines to kids tonight in 2 hours. I am beat.

I need to admit to everyone that I am totally off plan. Not sure whats happening. Im getting lazy. Not planning meals. Not feeling like eating what I have in the house....which isnt much but I am out of grocery money until I get paid next so for now it will have to do. I really need to kick myself into gear.

I do plan on running tomorrow. Hopefully its not raining to hard. It rained again most of today. The humidity is gross.

I am going to head to bed now to get some rest. Talk to you tomorrow.

Stop and think about it.... are you really, TOTALLY off plan? Probably not. Perhaps you just had a few too many calories or made a few bad food choices. If you are still here with us, chatting and sharing, and you are still planning a run, then you are not TOTALLY off plan!

Maybe your run will help get you back in the right mindset. Maybe you are stressed or overtired.

Do you keep any kind of journal? Could you go back and find a page where you were feeling really motivated and re-read it? It sounds like you (and I) need to find a new source of motivation and inspiration. Let's work on that and share what we find!

As far as the grocery situation goes.... that is tough. I usually try to keep a few "emergency" healthy foods on hand for when things are crazy and the produce bin in the fridge is BARE. I keep some canned fruit (peaches, pineapple) in natural juice and some frozen veggies (broccoli and green beans). Sure, not always the most exciting or appealing... but something reasonably healthy in an emergency. Next time you're at the store, stock up on a few things so if this happens again, you have a bit of something to fall back on.

In the meantime, get creative! Take a quick inventory of the fridge/freezer/pantry and then google some sort of recipe builder. I'm SURE you can come up with something. Soup is the first thing that comes to mind. I frequently build soup out of leftovers and various stray canned items... and it is usually pretty good! Homemade or canned broth/stock, leftover veggies, fresh veggies, frozen veggies.... canned meat or beans, leftover meats, pasta, potatoes.... you name it!

[
Losing weight is Hard. Maintaining weight is hard. Being overweight is hard. Choose your hard.

BY ????

Well... I'm not taking original credit for this quote, but I know I've stated it on a BL challenge before. It was something I heard at a WW meeting. And it is SO TRUE! Next time you want to whine about hard it is to lose weight, remember how HARD it is to be overweight and unhealthy! Clothes don't fit, you have no energy or stamina, it is hard to meet new people, theme park rides are too tight, airplane seats are a nightmare. You wear out your mattress and car driver's seat prematurely... not to mention you wear out your heart and other organs prematurely!! You are constantly at risk for heart disease, stroke, diabetes.... those are HARD diseases to deal with. It is hard to play with your kids, it is hard to have self confidence. Just some things to think about.

Question of the Day

Dr Oz is big on pedometers. He feels that you should do over 10000 steps a day. Do you have a pedometer? Do you use it? Do you usually get in your 10000 steps?

I hope your DS enjoys his time with his cousin. My kids LOVE spending time with their cousins.... but sadly it doesn't happen often enough.

Okay... about the QOTD. I do own a few pedometers. I have only ever used one faithfully earlier this year for a few months. Since I was exercising 5/6 days a week back then, I always got in my 10,000 steps. I actually wore it for the 4 days I was at WDW with my DS and recorded my steps/miles every day. It was amazing. But then the battery died and it has sat in my car on the dashboard since June waiting for a new battery...:rolleyes1 Guess I need to get around to that! Thanks for the reminder.

Worried about my workout routine getting messed up when my parents arrive on Sunday. I need to keep up my elliptical workouts everyday. I won't be able to do them at 5:15 like I have been for the next 2 1/2 weeks. I will just have to plan out a schedule and let them know that this is when I will be working out. I will try to walk outside when I can but I really need that elliptical workout. I also hope to do more strength workouts. Friday is my weigh in day at the wc too so I will have to work around that as well. This Friday I volunteer in DD2s kindergarten class for 45 minutes. I'll be doing that once a month. I may also do a reading group in DD1s class on Fridays in the afternoon.

I'm guessing if you write up a workout schedule and let your parents know when you will need to be on the elliptical, they will be accomodating. Sounds like you have a plan!

I used to love volunteering in my kids' classrooms. Sadly, they are too old for that now! Enjoy it while you can!

Well..... good Wednesday morning friends! A big congratulations to all of our Biggest Losers and our top 5 WIN participants! You guys are doing great! I am feeling inspired by all of the great success here!

I'm not sure if it is hormonal or what, but I've been over my points every day this week. Not just random eating, but true hunger in many cases. Plus, of course, I am craving junk for some reason.... so I am using my points less wisely than I should. And, as I have mentioned, my exercise has been crappy, so this is all adding up to a lousy weigh-in this week. Honestly, it kind of makes me have the "who cares... blow the week" attitude... but I know that this will solve NOTHING. And it is another reminder of the broken dish or flat tire analogy. So I put on my big girl panties this morning and made a light healthy, low carb breakfast (carbs really have been calling me lately) of egg white omelet with sauteed onions and spinach, and will hit the TM in a bit. I can't seem to work up the enthusiasm for a "real" run outside, even though it is beautiful out. But if I give myself the reward of watching junk tv while on the TM, I can at least find the enthusiasm for that!

Hopefully all of this apathy and such is just a hormone phase or something like that. Maybe it is a natural phase of this journey. Maybe it is just flat out boredom with the exercise routine. Any ideas/suggestions??

Tonight's dinner on the schedule is a chicken chow mein recipe I swear I got from someone on here.... one of the Jens?? DH is out of town and my original idea was to skip the planned meal, since it will just be DD and I eating it.... but I decided to make it, since I have the time today, and freeze the leftovers in meal-size portions for another time. Low points, low calorie, and low carb.... plus it is very tasty... can't ask for much more than that in a recipe!! I'll share if anyone would like, but I would love to give original credit for it.

I'm tempted to sit here and continue to just enjoy the DisRadio music, but I know I MUST get on with my day!! I'm home today so I'm sure I'll be popping back on later... probably around lunch time!................P

My WW weigh in tomorrow morning and the scale is not looking friendly. However, it is right in keeping with my body's cycle. Regardless of what I do, I get my WHOOSH week, then I am up a bit the next week, a minimal loss the next week and then a more significant loss again. Oh, well, I'll just keep in my healthy eating/working out whenever possible routine. In the long run, mastering that healthier lifestyle and living it comfortably and routinely is more important than the number on the scale.

AMEN!! :thumbsup2 Well said!!

BTW, I had another delicious dinner last night (a concoction, as CC would say ;) ). I browned a bag of boca crumbles, added taco seasoning, mixed in brown rice and whole kernel corn, topped the portion on my plate with fat free american cheese, and ate it with a whole wheat tortilla broken up in pieces. It was delicious and filling and I have leftovers for lunch or dinner today. :)

Call it a recipe and post it on the BL recipe thread! That sounds delicious. I'm kind of infamous for my concotions (yes, I said INfamous):lmao: .............P

:hug: So sorry things are so tough right now. We are always here for you and you are one strong woman and you've had some tough challenges this past year. Hang in there and don't ever give up. I hope things will get better for you soon.:hug:

Thanks for the congrats on the 7 miles, everyone. I am very proud of myself, and was thinking back to february when I started the c25k and had a hard time running for one minute. It seems like lots of you are struggling right now. :hug: For me, the goal of the princess half is truly what is getting me out to exercise. I know with the heat of summer, if I wasn't planning on the princess I would have given up exercise around early july after a few of those 90 degree days, and it would have continued through the summer. I know that because I've done it before.

Lindsay-You've got a lot going on right now, and you've done amazing this year. Like pamela said, you are not totally off track, and you will get back on. Think princess!! YOu're going to rock it. You've already got a great pace that you will be able take your time and meet some characters and enjoy the magical atmosphere.

Pamela- How about signing up for a race? Have you done one yet? That is another thing I never envisioned myself doing, but have done 2 and really pushed myself and had a lot of fun too. Do you have a bike? Fall is so beautiful to bike and I bet your foliage is coming to peak soon. I think you are right as far as our journeys haveing these phases where we don't feel like moving, and we feel like eating too much, and some times we need to cut ouselves some slack, and jut ride it out, but not totally give up. Know that you will get through it and on the other side you will be right back on to being the amazing, healthy, active, planning woman that you are.

Not enough time again to reply to all I'd like. Still looking for that extra 3 hours a day so I can keep up here. I did register for the princess this morning!!!princess: After my 7 miles monday, I was a little sore, and went through a what am I thinking phase yesterday, but I did 3 miles today, and it was fine, so I know I can continue to slowly add distance to my long run, and I will make the princess!!!

Congrats to all our biggest losers this week, and our Winners!! :cheer2:
Taryn- you are number one in both this week!! YOu are amazing, girl!!

OH, and lindsay, thanks for the flu shot reminder. Just made michael's appt.

Ok, i"m really going now. Have a great day!!

Congrats Taryn! :cool1:

QOTD Tuesday: Had a great meal at Narcoosee's last week - our server Amir was excellent and the almond-crusted cheesecake was to die for! :lovestruc

We had great food all week including Yak'n'Yeti, Le Cellier, San Angel, Teppan Edo and Coral Reef.

QOTD Wednesday: I have a couple of pedometers but neither of them seem very accurate. Maybe now that I'm more inclined to be active I should test them!

My QOTD:
Will there be result links at the top of this thread as there was during the Summer Challenge? That would be very helpful to me as I don't always get a chance to check this thread everyday and the posts zoom by so fast! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter