Big River Grill is supposedly closing

Well it's not all that good, the food there. But was a great place to easily pop in and watch a game. Since they removed ESPN club. That Boardwalk is kinda lame now.

That’s too bad. Their beer was good and a nice break from the big label beers throughout WDW. I was particularly fond of the Gadzooks Pilsner. The food, while not five star was decent if you stuck to the basics.

With ESPN closed I hope they put another pub type restaurant in there and not some fancy place or cake shop with $30 sandwiches. It’s a perfect location and the BW seating is a bonus.

Last edited:
After ESPN Club closed, that was the only place on the BW we could wander into for a sit down meal, which we often did on arrival day. We’ll miss it. DH says the original BRG in Chattanooga closed recently, so maybe this is related. I hope Disney puts something relaxed and casual there!

Was never a favorite of mine but location is stellar and always seemed to be fairly busy, particularly with convention go-ers. I'm curious as to what will replace it. Agree with above posters that something relaxed and casual (open for lunch) would be welcomed.

Opportunity for a better-quality, and hopefully better-themed, restaurant on the boardwalk. Just about everyone can get standard bar and grill food at home, hopefully Disney puts something better in that spot.

I went once and never went back. I hope they keep the "craft" beer concept, improve the bar and the general atmosphere to something warmer, add TV's. Ballast Point concept would be nice....

After seeing the opinions in this thread and other social media outlets it seems like the overall opinion is that it's a good thing that it's closing. Just not a lot of love. We stay at the BCV and have gone twice in 20 years it's just not good. However, it wood be nice to have a casual bar restaurant in the area as there really isn't one near the boardwalk. If it had good food it would be successful as you could draw people out of Epcot for a break and you could draw from the skyliner resorts as well as the Crescent lake resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter