BIG change to FP+ today

This isn't a matter of the system being buggy. Not everyone has encountered bugs in this process.

This is WDW FP+ developers being morons! This was an intentional change and personally, I hope that everyone will send them an email complaining about the changes. They won't know that we are unhappy unless we tell them.

I agree. What I was referring to was the poster saying she understands they need to test it. I wouldn't want them using my vacation as that test unless they were going to comp me in some way. The risk/ reward factor is way too unbalanced for me.

Personally I think this will work out better for both ways yes it will free up FP- but it will also free up some FP+. I think this will lead to a greater balance I understand the argument. This will create a better balance until FP- is gone.
The only thing it will do is spread out the FP+ to more people.

I agree. What I was referring to was the poster saying she understands they need to test it. I wouldn't want them using my vacation as that test unless they were going to comp me in some way. The risk/ reward factor is way too unbalanced for me.

Answer is simple.. Don't participate in the test.

ah! Ok so you are speculating.. At this point we could speculate alot of things, but in reality we all know nothing about the intended use right now.

I think everything about this test is speculation. Until it's final and everything is done being tested every month something different is being tested with this system.

I don't know why people are complaining about this..
This opens up more times for FP-...
Nobody's forcing you to take part of the test.. With these restrictions regular FP people will have better chances to do their "thing" now..

What about when regular fastpass disappears ?

I would too. But the big supporters of FP+ seem to be the late sleepers. If you still have to be there at rope drop, it sort of negates that benefit.

In response to the complaint about only being able to get a FP+ for either TT or Soarin, someone suggested doing one at RD. That's fixing a problem that wasn't there until they decided to fix something that wasn't broken.

These two posts echo my thinking about why Disney has done this. I believe they have removed Soarin' from the FastPass+ list in anticipation of a high-peak demand period (e.g. Thanksgiving and Christmas). They saw how irate many people were when they couldn't get FP- for Soarin' during higher crowds than anticipated in mid-October.

So, their answer is to remove Soarin' as a FastPass+ option, and revert back to the old system - i.e. if you want fastpasses for Soarin', you have to be there early/rope drop.

It is counter-intuitive to the arguments in support of FastPass+!

That said, they may have recognized they don't have enough lead-time to try to rebalance the appropriate # of FastPass+ relative to FP- for the higher crowds, so they are going with the "old" system (FP-, because they know how its works) for the time-being.

Once they get through the peak season(s), then I suspect they will introduce a re-worked opportunity to obtain more than one or two FastPass+ in Epcot. Either that, or they will adjust the number of FastPass+ "tiers" based on anticipated crowd levels.

Wouldn't that be fun?!! :sad2:

I think everything about this test is speculation. Until it's final and everything is done being tested every month something different is being tested with this system.

I agree, that is why I'm not up in arms about anything at this point. We just don't know.

The only thing it will do is spread out the FP+ to more people.
I also think this is difficult to really put in perspective because it's only at Epcot ad Epcot doesn't have a lot of major attractions. If you did this at MK it would be a little crazier

ah! Ok so you are speculating.. At this point we could speculate alot of things, but in reality we all know nothing about the intended use right now.

I do have a family member that is working exclusively with FP+ if that helps you.

I'm sorry, but creating more FP- just doesn't make sense. That available pool of Fast passes is not going into the parks, it's just just being spread around to more people who want to use FP+. Disney realizes that due to the lack of real headliners at Epcot that there is a shortage of FP+ for those two attractions during the holiday season and this is how they are addressing it (to allow you only one FP+ selection for either headliner).

I agree, that is why I'm not up in arms about anything at this point. We just don't know.

That's why I'm almost kind of glad I'm not going back until the system will be fully rolled out. I miss WDW but I'd like to use the system once it's finished.

I do have a family member that is working exclusively with FP+ if that helps you. I'm sorry, but creating more FP- just doesn't make sense. That available pool of Fast passes is not going into the parks, it's just just being spread around to more people who want to use FP+. Disney realizes that due to the lack of real headliners at Epcot that there is a shortage of FP+ for those two attractions during the holiday season and this is how they are addressing it (to allow you only one FP+ selection for either headliner).
I don't think that the creation of FP- is intentional I think will create more balance between the two systems.

I do have a family member that is working exclusively with FP+ if that helps you.

I'm sorry, but creating more FP- just doesn't make sense. That available pool of Fast passes is not going into the parks, it's just just being spread around to more people who want to use FP+. Disney realizes that due to the lack of real headliners at Epcot that there is a shortage of FP+ for those two attractions during the holiday season and this is how they are addressing it (to allow you only one FP+ selection for either headliner).

Again there's some misreading.. I'm not saying they are INTENTIONALLY freeing up FP-, I'm saying it's a result of the upcoming testing.

Disney realizes that due to the lack of real headliners at Epcot that there is a shortage of FP+ for those two attractions during the holiday season and this is how they are addressing it (to allow you only one FP+ selection for either headliner).

Why didn't they realize this before they entered the 60 day window of the holiday season?

I also think this is difficult to really put in perspective because it's only at Epcot ad Epcot doesn't have a lot of major attractions. If you did this at MK it would be a little crazier
I don't think they have to do this at MK because it has so many more big attractions, although we will see during the holidays how well it holds up.

Don't be surprised if at some point they allow 4 or 5 FP+ at the MK, while Epcot stays at 3 (or is it really effectively only 2?)

That's why I'm almost kind of glad I'm not going back until the system will be fully rolled out. I miss WDW but I'd like to use the system once it's finished.

Valid option. For me FP was never a main stake in our trips, so it really doesn't effect me.

Again there's some misreading.. I'm not saying they are INTENTIONALLY freeing up FP-, I'm saying it's a result of the upcoming testing.

And just because they are restricting access to the headliners does not mean any FP- will be freed up. Those spots are staying in FP+ and will be used up by FP+ users.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter