BIG BROTHER ALL-STARS SPOILER'S WELCOME!

Speaking of Ian.......doesn't it seem his autism is showing more than the other time he was on the show? I just don't remember him rocking as much the previous show and if he did CBS sadly edited it.

I ask because my 4 year old grand daughter is a 9 on the spectrum........do actions get worse is kind of where I'm going with that question. :(

Usually self stimming behaviors can become more frequent when a person with autism is feeling stress or anxiety. It can also increase when excited. My daughter, for example, tends to rock back and forth and pump her arms when she is real happy/excited. We have termed it "the happy dance."

I suspect Ian is feeling a higher level of anxiety this season.

Usually self stimming behaviors can become more frequent when a person with autism is feeling stress or anxiety. It can also increase when excited. My daughter, for example, tends to rock back and forth and pump her arms when she is real happy/excited. We have termed it "the happy dance."

I suspect Ian is feeling a higher level of anxiety this season.

Exactly. Anxiety can be a huge issue for people with autism. It's difficult for them to process and manage stress and emotions. I suspect Ian's insomnia and chest pains were cause by his anxiety. You can see him rocking when he's deep in thought or having a strategic discussion. My 25-year old son with autism will sometimes shake his hands when he's talking. He's very aware of it and will say, "Don't mind me. I'm just stimming." He also get massive anxiety in new or stressful situations, so I can recognize it in Ian. If Memphis was making fun of him then he's just a big bully! He obviously has self-confidence issues and needs to bully someone he perceives as being weaker. Jerk!

I am so aggravated, there is a clip of Memphis making fun of Ian to Nicole & Dani.
Memphis should be ashamed of himself, but Dani? she has a child, I can't even believe she would listen to Memphis and not shut him down immediately. You don't know what your Childs future is Dani, she is just a baby. :(
I am so angry with these people, they should know better.
https://www.tmz.com/2020/09/10/big-...n-ian-terry-autistic-autism-mocking-bullying/

Here is link to video from feeds-
I lost all respect for the 4 involved!

Well, Ian agreed to play this game and put himself out there.

Just like Bay and Day accepting Tyler's offer to put himself up to get booted. How could either then feel good about an eventual win (if either would win this thing)? I love Janelle and KAysar but they didn't help themselves win...they didn't win comps or play people correctly (ie: them trying to work with Memphis not knowing he was in the committee alliance). They deserved to go as Bay or Day does tonight.

Still, I find...on a personal level...some of these creeps behaviors to be repugnant. Like Tyler faking out Bay and Day with his little sob apology that wasn't. Xmas by putting the 2 up and some of her "comments" about it are...um...questionable. Dani and everything that falls out of her pie hole. And clips of Memphis and others making fun of Ian. And I hate to say this, but, could Ian be playing up his disabilities in order to keep from being targeted? He was not as bad the last time he played. I hate to be so cynical but all these hamsters act so deplorably to win this...so why not? They do cast a 'type'. A type that likes drama and being center stage and can lie and manipulate and pull out all the stops to take care of numero uno (themself).

Just like Bay and Day accepting Tyler's offer to put himself up to get booted. How could either then feel good about an eventual win (if either would win this thing)? I love Janelle and KAysar but they didn't help themselves win...they didn't win comps or play people correctly (ie: them trying to work with Memphis not knowing he was in the committee alliance). They deserved to go as Bay or Day does tonight.

Still, I find...on a personal level...some of these creeps behaviors to be repugnant. Like Tyler faking out Bay and Day with his little sob apology that wasn't. Xmas by putting the 2 up and some of her "comments" about it are...um...questionable. Dani and everything that falls out of her pie hole. And clips of Memphis and others making fun of Ian. And I hate to say this, but, could Ian be playing up his disabilities in order to keep from being targeted? He was not as bad the last time he played. I hate to be so cynical but all these hamsters act so deplorably to win this...so why not? They do cast a 'type'. A type that likes drama and being center stage and can lie and manipulate and pull out all the stops to take care of numero uno (themself).

Thank you; that was my original question about Ian.......I just don't ever remember thinking autism every time I used to watch Ian but that could because I'm old and just don't remember. And possibly I'm more aware now because of my grand daughter....I don't know.

And I hate to say this, but, could Ian be playing up his disabilities in order to keep from being targeted? He was not as bad the last time he played. I hate to be so cynical but all these hamsters act so deplorably to win this...so why not? They do cast a 'type'. A type that likes drama and being center stage and can lie and manipulate and pull out all the stops to take care of numero uno (themself).

Personally, I think the answer is no. In general, people with autism lack the social skills and the self-awareness to play up their disabilities. Nor would they want to. Stimming behaviors happen mostly on an unconscious level. The rocking (or whatever the individual's behavior might be) stimulates a part of central nervous system that needs sensory input at that moment. It's not something they easily can turn off and on. Also, most people with autism are honest to a fault. They tend to be very logical. Everything is black or white. There is no in between. My son, for example, physically cannot tell a lie. Of course there are always exceptions, but I do not believe that Ian is using his autism as part of the game.

Personally, I think the answer is no. In general, people with autism lack the social skills and the self-awareness to play up their disabilities. Nor would they want to. Stimming behaviors happen mostly on an unconscious level. The rocking (or whatever the individual's behavior might be) stimulates a part of central nervous system that needs sensory input at that moment. It's not something they easily can turn off and on. Also, most people with autism are honest to a fault. They tend to be very logical. Everything is black or white. There is no in between. My son, for example, physically cannot tell a lie. Of course there are always exceptions, but I do not believe that Ian is using his autism as part of the game.
Ian can lie. He's done it plenty. He won BB once. Have to lie some to get that W. He seems a very very high functioning person who is very slightly on the spectrum. Maybe I need to go back and rewatch his winning season. Have the time so why not, right?

But maybe he is not playing it up and is just over stressed. Folks came in that house after a long stressful worldwide quarantine from COVID. His nerves may have already been frazzled. Or he got used to being at home and felt safe and settled into that routine. Then went into the BB house threw that out out of whack.

Ian rocked a lot in the hammock the last game he played, so much that he broke it and they had to buy a new one. He was self-conscious about that so he doesn't sit in the hammock as much this time, so he is now rocking in chairs instead. Probably why his rocking seems more noticeable.

Bay and Day may be explosive types...more so Day. But Xmas is one arrogant blind butt-hat. Like if one of them put Xmas on the block with Tyler she would be fuming mad. So her being all aghast that they have the nerve to be upset. She is THE worst. Feel bad for Bay and Day to try and remain composed when dealing with Xmas. Loved Day's 'Xmas is cancelled, coal for everyone'. They were blind, though, to the big alliance and being used. They were used. Think they were mad to discover they were used.

Christmas is crazy. Her boyfriend cheated on her and she proceeded to drive a car into the other woman's car. Christmas didn't get jail time because she was 8 months pregnant. It's crazy she was asked to be on the show again. https://www.tmz.com/2019/05/08/big-...dges-jail-time-criminal-mischief-felony-case/
Wow, she intentionally crashes a car while 8 months pregnant and then leaves her baby to play BB and her baby's birthday is while she's in the BB house. Mom of the year, that one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter