Bibbiti Bobbiti Make A Wish Helps our Boo Have Her Princess Wishes Come True!!!

I usually lurk but thought I would drop a quick line and say HI because I recognized PDX. I am also from Oregon!

Great trip report and photos so far! :)

- Carey

OregonGirl (30 yrs) princess:

Love that they bring the characters to you! Our friends brought there daughter there, but she was still too sick to enjoy it. :sad1:

After an incredible morning at GKTW with Mickey and Minnie we got ourselves ready and headed out to SeaWorld for the day. We had never been to SeaWorld so I was not too sure what to expect but I was pretty sure the kids would like it because they love to visit the aquarium on the Oregon Coast.

Our fist stop after arriving was to find out how to feed the dolphins...I just love dolphins so I was really excited about it. I had read it was best to do this earlier in the day so that made it our first stop. We got to the area and just had to wait a bit until the next feeding time. They took us and another MAW family in and gave each of us a tray of fish so we had three trays to feed the dolphins which was really nice of them. It is hard to get pictures from behind and Christopher did not have time to walk around to the other side so here are the best we got.

Here I am helping Chelsea get them some food.

DSC_0164.jpg

Dropping some fish right into the dolphins mouth.

DSC_0171.jpg

Dolphins swimming right up to be fed.

DSC_0176.jpg

While we were feeding them a trainer came by and got one of the dolphins to come right up and lay on a ledge right below us so we could pet it. Fuller was a sport and tried it while Chelsea wanted nothing to do with that. Feeding the dolphins was fun but probably mainly for me as Chelsea was a bit intimidated and Fuller told me he was scared they would bite his hand off.:scared1::rotfl: As we walked away I overheard part of a conversation between Fuller and Chelsea and she just kept on saying "You are right brother a dolphin is a big fish." I decided not to interrupt them right there and get into the whole mammal discussion. Saved that for another day.:lmao:

After feeding the dolphins it was time for some lunch. We decided to eat at the Seafire Inn...pasta dishes, salads and such with an added bonus it served wine and beer.;) The food was pretty good...really big portions for the kids and me. We walked away full and with about five minutes to reach the Blue Horizons Dolphin Show.

Here is the crew waiting for the show to start.

DSC_0180.jpg

The show was really very cool. Kind of a mix between dolphin show, Cirque Du Soleil acrobatics and competitive diving with a nice story line. Fuller and Chelsea sat wide eyed most of the show and sometimes had a hard time figuring out where to be looking.:)

Fuller still talks about the guy who rode the dolphins...he was super impressed by it.

DSC_0187.jpg

The coordinated flips of the dolphins were really cool to watch.

DSC_0189.jpg

After the show we headed towards the sharks. Everyone enjoyed walking through the tubes where you could see the sharks swimming all around. They have lots of vicious teeth but there is just something graceful and beautiful about watching sharks swim.

Next we tried to see if we could find a place to see Shamu or a recent incarnation of him. We did not seem to have any luck finding a place to just see whales swimming around. I am guessing maybe you have to go to the show to see them!?! :confused3 Fuller was a bit disappointed since he was excited to see him after he got a stuffed one at GKTW and sadly we were not planning to stay until the 5pm show to see them.

Happily he got over it really quickly when we got to the Shamu's Happy Harbor area. Lots of small scale rides perfect for our size kids. Our first stop was the Sea Carousel for a ride on a shark and a dolphin.

DSC_0193.jpg

DSC_0195.jpg

Next a spin on the Swishy Fishies...my poor spinning head! Chelsea spun her papa around.

DSC_0235.jpg

While Fuller kept mama spinning as fast as he could.

DSC_0250.jpg

Next up was a little bouncing up and down on the Flying Fiddler.

The kids were cracking me up...Chelsea likes to scream on rides just because she can. Even before the ride does anything she is screaming with great glee and joy everytime which just cracks Fuller up. I love it so much that it cracks me up too!

DSC_0262.jpg

DSC_0267.jpg

We all rode the Shamu Express a few times in a row just because they loved it and learned they could at Universal the day before.:) A quick ride on the Ocean Commotion and Jazzy Jellies. The kids liked all the rides...like I said before I think they were about perfect age for it.

Just as a side note for families planning on visiting this area my only complaint is that you have to leave your purse, bag or whatever you happen to be carrying in little cubbies by the entrance and exit to the rides. The day we were there they were pretty strict about enforcing this rule of NO bags on the rides. There are big signs that tell you SeaWorld is not responsible for any loss or theft but anyone can grab your bag while you ride so it almost felt like they were setting it up to let someone take your bag. It was kind of a bummer and for the life of me I can't imagine why I could not have my purse with me on any of these rides. Not a big deal I guess but something others might like to know so you can plan accordingly.

After the rides we decided we had done what we wanted to at SeaWorld and the kids were asking to go back to GKTW so we headed back towards the entrance. We stopped to take a photo at the lighthouse tower since it had been pretty busy to do so on the way in.

DSC_0274.jpg

A short drive and we were back at our "vacation home" and off to learn about the star fairy and a very special pillow tree...coming soon.

These pictures are PRICELESS!! Chelsea and Minnie . . . . Fuller and Mickey . . . .

I love the pictures too! I really can't believe how long they spent with the kids...like I said the line was actually long but SO worth it!

Little Minnie and Big Minnie are so cute together. Love the Big Mouse and your Big guy too :love:

Such a great morning and memory for our family...they way they interact with your family at GKTW is awesome.

I usually lurk but thought I would drop a quick line and say HI because I recognized PDX. I am also from Oregon!

Great trip report and photos so far! :)

- Carey

OregonGirl (30 yrs) princess:

Ahhh yes we were almost blown away at PDX. Thanks for coming out of lurkdom...it is rare to find many west coasters on this part of the DIS. Nice to "meet" you!

Love that they bring the characters to you! Our friends brought there daughter there, but she was still too sick to enjoy it. :sad1:

It was awesome that they were there at GKTW and they gave the kids such special treatment. I am so sorry your friends child was to ill to enjoy it...we have friends who took their child on a wish trip and he ended up being pretty sick most of the time too, breaks my heart.

I love ll the photos... and that mickey dress is too cute!

Thanks...Chelsea LOVES the dress!

Fantastic Photos & Trip :cool1:

Thanks and thanks for reading our TR!

I love, love, loved the Minnie & Mini Minnie pics. So cute!

Sounds like the kids enjoyed Sea World. I have to agree with you about the purse thing on that ride, that sounds so silly and I am sure that other MAW parents will appreciate the heads up. Too bad you guys didn't get to see the Shamu show. But I am sure that they had even more fun when they got to GKTW. :goodvibes

I am all caught up.... (this is a reoccurring theme today! LOL)

I just love... LOVE the amount of time you spent at GKTW. I am almost jealous.. I wish we spent more time there and your days seemed very relaxed. I feel like we were on the go from morning to night-EVERYDAY. :goodvibes

The pictures with Mickey and Minnie are priceless... :love::love:

How awesome that you had both Mayor Clayton and Ms. Merry come for the tuck in! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I can't wait to read the rest! :goodvibes

Great pictures, it's been a few years since we have been to Sea World, didn't know they had all those ride. We went to Sea World in California, and fed the dolphins. My kids talk about that all the time.

just got all caught up!
wow, looks like so much fun was had at US and seaworld!
love all the cute photos!

thanks for the sweet post on our PTR, we would love to meet up this summer, keep me posted on your dates!

got home late last night, but wanted to get caught up with everyone...besides, keeping me from starting laundry and unpacking :lmao:

Sorry for a bit longer then normal delay. It was spring break week and the kids and I tried to fit in all the rainy day fun we could. So now back to pretty sunny Florida...

When we last left off we were leaving Sea World and headed back to GKTW where my hope for the was to have Chelsea sign her star, have the kids get their pillows from the pillow tree and to celebrate Christmas. Before we left I had asked the kids if they wanted to take their Christmas outfits with us to Florida for when they have Christmas at GKTW. They were very excited and said yes but when the time came to put them on they were not so excited.:rolleyes: Oh well a quick change for Chelsea because she "needed" to wear a dress and we were off to the Castle of Miracles...with a stop to see if Ol'Elmer had woken up yet!

DSC_0282.jpg

Here are Fuller and Chelsea outside the Castle of Miracles. I love this picture of them.:love:

DSC_0287.jpg

Once inside we set out to have Chelsea make her star. The entire ceiling in the Castle of Miracles and now many hanging banners and some walls are covered with stars that represent every wish child that has stayed at GKTW. It is very humbling to walk in there when you know many children whose names are on those stars...many who are angels and were taken from their families way too soon.:littleangel:

We got Chelsea's star situated and ready for her to write on. I kept on asking if she wanted help as at the time she could only make the CH from her name. She wanted no help and so we turned the black permanent marker over to her and she went to work.

DSC_0294.jpg

She decided only to make a C since she would not be able to write the rest of her name. She told us it was the best C she had ever written. I cried watching Miss Independent complete her star...I am so thankful for that fighting spirit and strong will. I am so thankful she got the chance to put her C on her star.

DSC_0295.jpg

Here is Chelsea with her completed star!

DSC_0297.jpg

At this point the wish child puts their star in the star fairies box and it tells them the story of how their star will be hung. Chelsea really wanted none of it! She had just worked so hard to make her perfect C and she saw no reason to let some star fairy have her star...so there! She wanted to take it home. :scared1: Thankfully after a bit of a chat we explained to her how great it will be to someday come back and visit her star and she was ready to give the star to the Star Fairy. Probably I should have explained the whole thing a little better before but in the end all was well.

DSC_0299.jpg

I can't begin to tell you how happy she was when I told her after we left GKTW that they had given us a star for her to take home when I got our check out packet. All was well with the world.:)

The kids then spent lots of time crowning themselves King and Queen. They must have done this about 50 times during our trip. This thing cracked them up.

Here is King Fuller...

DSC_0306.jpg

And the Queen Chelsea...

DSC_0307.jpg

Next we were off to the pillow tree. In the Castle of Miracles there is a tree that grows pillows for you. The kids both really had fun doing this and to this day love those pillows.

Here they are watching the little screen that told them how to make the pillow tree work.

DSC_0324.jpg

Here is Fuller pulling down really hard to get the pillows to come.

DSC_0325.jpg

Finally Fuller finding the pillows for them in the trunk next to the tree.

DSC_0329.jpg

Chelsea with her Strawberry Shortcake cheerleader pillow and Fuller with his monkey pillow.

DSC_0331.jpg

The activities and the thoughtful details that go into them at GKTW are amazing. It seemed every activity was so well thought out to make a special memory for you and your family. GKTW is just a magical place!

Up next...a most magical meeting with a special little Rapunzel.

I love, love, loved the Minnie & Mini Minnie pics. So cute!

Sounds like the kids enjoyed Sea World. I have to agree with you about the purse thing on that ride, that sounds so silly and I am sure that other MAW parents will appreciate the heads up. Too bad you guys didn't get to see the Shamu show. But I am sure that they had even more fun when they got to GKTW. :goodvibes

Thanks so much...Mickey and Minnie were so amazing with the kids!

They had a great night at GKTW and I am pretty sure Fuller does not even remember that we did not see Shamu...something for another trip I guess!:cool1:

Great photos!

Thanks so much!

I am all caught up.... (this is a reoccurring theme today! LOL)

I just love... LOVE the amount of time you spent at GKTW. I am almost jealous.. I wish we spent more time there and your days seemed very relaxed. I feel like we were on the go from morning to night-EVERYDAY. :goodvibes

The pictures with Mickey and Minnie are priceless... :love::love:

How awesome that you had both Mayor Clayton and Ms. Merry come for the tuck in! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I can't wait to read the rest! :goodvibes

Thanks for catching up Tim! We did spend lots of time at GKTW...the kids loved it there. We were lucky we were able to add the days onto our trip so we never felt too rushed. Mickey and Minnie at GKTW were amazing and having the double dose of the rabbits for tuck in was a lovely surprise. As you know GKTW is just so amazing!

Great pictures, it's been a few years since we have been to Sea World, didn't know they had all those ride. We went to Sea World in California, and fed the dolphins. My kids talk about that all the time.

Thanks so much...feeding the dolphins was great.

just got all caught up!
wow, looks like so much fun was had at US and seaworld!
love all the cute photos!

thanks for the sweet post on our PTR, we would love to meet up this summer, keep me posted on your dates!

got home late last night, but wanted to get caught up with everyone...besides, keeping me from starting laundry and unpacking :lmao:

Welcome home and thanks so much for stopping by. I thought about you guys so much while you were on your trip and I can't wait to hear about it. I say put off the unpacking and laundry as long as possible and stay in some sort of vacation mode!

I am glad you are home safe and I will absolutely keep you posted as our Seattle plans hopefully come together. :love:

I can't get over how cool this place is -- we were watching the movie "Letters to God" this weekend -- GKTW is IN this movie -- how cool is that!!

Can't wait to read more . . .
Brenda

Welcome home and thanks so much for stopping by. I thought about you guys so much while you were on your trip and I can't wait to hear about it. I say put off the unpacking and laundry as long as possible and stay in some sort of vacation mode!

I am glad you are home safe and I will absolutely keep you posted as our Seattle plans hopefully come together. :love:

I got my laundry all done, just need to put away and unpack somemore, probably tomorrow! feeling the effects of the time zone change a lot today, Megan had a hard time going to school today, plan on bed early tonight and hope tomorrow we both feel a bit more rested!

I am loving your updates! It's kind of weird to see someone else post the pictures of where we just were!! We loved Shamu's Happy Harbor, especially the clam drop ride.

Before I dive into this part of our day I have to share a little side story. Every night before bed during our trip I kind of told the kids what was planned for the next day. I had explained to them that Thursdays were Christmas at GKTW so they would get a chance to see Santa. I did not think much else of it until Chelsea was standing next to our bed in the morning with tears in her eyes telling us that Santa had not left any presents while they were asleep. :sad1:We quickly explained that this was different then Christmas at home and Santa might bring presents for them later when they saw him. I need to remember to think about how what I tell them will be understood by a 3 and 5 year old sometimes. ;)

So back to our day...After all of our activity at the Castle of Miracles the kids wanted to play there for a little while longer since they had Legos and coloring sheets. There was another family there at the same time and their daughter looked so familiar to me but I just kind of let it go since I was positive I did not know anyone who was going to be there at the time we were. Then her mom talked to her and called her Lilli and I knew immediately who she was...long story short she is a little girl who has been battling leukemia since she was an infant and is from the same area we are. I had learned of her story last summer when someone on the Caringbridge website mentioned they could use some extra prayers. They had been on her wish trip before her second transplant would take place during the summer and were returning for another visit to Disneyworld as she was feeling well even though they have found she has relapsed with tumors in her abdomen. They were visiting GKTW for the evening and I am still so amazed we had the chance to meet them and their amazing warrior daughter. She and Chelsea were instant best friends holding hands wherever they walked. It was so sweet. Lilli was Rapunzel for the night and only answered to that name...really cute.

DSC_0343.jpg

They went for a ride on the carousel...here is Chelsea.

DSC_0344.jpg

And waited together for dinner outside the Gingerbread House.

DSC_0359.jpg

Christmas dinner at the Gingerbread house was fun and Mrs. Claus was there passing out her business card (Yup at GKTW Mrs. Claus has a business card:rotfl:). The kids had fun talking with her about if they had been good or not. This was a topic they were really ready to talk about after the mornings misunderstanding.

DSC_0376.jpg

After dinner we took the horse drawn ride through the village. This was the first time I realized how big the village was. While we were there I think they were less then half full with only about 50 families and an entire section of the village was empty. Next we headed over to see Santa and get some pictures taken.

Santa12.jpg

The kids were pretty excited to pick out toys and kept saying I can't believe IT IS Christmas. It really was pretty dreamy to get an extra chance to celebrate the holiday.

There are times in life when you have super proud mama moments and at the Amberville train station on Christmas night I got to have one. Since Lilli and Chelsae had become such fast friends Fuller was feeling a bit left out I think. We went to ride on the train and in the front car there is only space for two kids to sit. At first Fuller really wanted to ride in the front with Chelsea but soon realized that would not work so Fuller let Lilli and Chelsea ride in front together. He told me he knew this was going to be special for Lilli. I love him and his sweet big heart so much.

Chelsea and Lilli conducting the train.

DSC_0404.jpg

Fuller my boy with the big heart full of smiles.

DSC_0405.jpg

From there we headed back to the Christmas party and enjoyed the festivities. There were cookies to decorate, books to read, popcorn to eat,princesses and gingerbread men to dance with...SO MUCH FUN!

Lilli and Chelsea enjoy some popcorn.

DSC_0409.jpg

Chelsea decorating her cookie.

DSC_0432.jpg

Hugs from Fuller and Chelsea for Mayor Clayton

DSC_0460.jpg

Spending some time with Ms. Merry too!

DSC_0487.jpg

Chelsea and the snow princesses...she was pretty smitten.

DSC_0471.jpg

Fuller and Chelsea with the gingerbread man.

DSC_0476.jpg

Fuller and Chelsea dancing with Mama.

DSC_0531.jpg

Towards the end of the night Lilli had to leave so the girls shared a hug.

DSC_0481.jpg

Lilli is currently doing pretty well. Her last scans showed her tumors were stable so she is going to continue the treatment she is on. If you have a moment keep this sweet girl in your prayers. Spending all the 3 years of your life as a cancer warrior would be very hard and she is just the nicest sweetest girl with amazing strong and loving parents. I hope she and her family get their miracle.

Let's recap how we did with our plan vs or actual day--

SeaWorld
1. Blue Horizons show--Really entertaining and fun to watch
2. Feed the Dolphins --I loved it but I think it was not as fun for the kids. I think they were a bit scared of the "Big Fish"
3. Shamus Happy Harbor for some rides for the kids--they loved it and had fun on all the little rides. Perfect size rides for them at their age.

We hope to be back at GKTW in the afternoon for the Christmas Party that night--Spent the late afternoon at GKTW in the Castle of Miracles and made a special new friend (Extra Bonus
Time). Really magical night for the whole family. We had ice cream to end another amazing day!

Coming up next---This is the DIS boards so will we ever get to DisneyWorld, why yes we will...Magic Kingdom here we come for a Date with the Princesses.

Please tell Fuller that he is such an AMAZING BIG BROTHER with a HUGE HEART!!! he is just so sweet and loving to his sister and her little friend, it brought tears to my eyes...you have raised quite the young man there!

how sweet the girls were together holding hands the whole time! and that you were there at the same time was meant to be!
too cute about their comments on the presents from Santa....I'm sure it was a lot of fun for all that night!

will definately keep Lilli in our prayers and thoughts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter