• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bibbiti Bobbiti Make A Wish Helps our Boo Have Her Princess Wishes Come True!!!

So when I left off we were getting the kids changed into their amazing Scooby Doo Outfits from Jamie, Abbie, Gray and Maddie (Dis: busy mommy) and we fixed Chelsea's hair with the adorable bow from Ann (Dis:nurse ann) and heading to our first park...Universal Studios. We followed the directions in our bunny book (guide book given to us at GKTW) and quite quickly arrived at Universal Studios parking lot. I had read in many TRs that the parking is pretty far from the parks themselves and the other TR’s were not kidding. We rode people mover after people mover and so after a bit of a trek we headed through downtown Universal on our way to Universal Studios.

We got through the gates and almost immediately the kids saw Dora and Diego. I could tell walking towards the park the kids did not know what to expect but as soon as they saw Dora and Diego there they were super excited so we stopped for a few pictures. As we walked up the Universal Employee (From now on to be referred to as UE) immediately came and got us and had us meet them right away---no waiting in line!

Here the kids are loving on Dora and Diego...once Chelsea started hugging them she never wanted to let go!

DSC05627.jpg

This was the start of the absolutely AMAZING treatment we got at Universal Studios. I was totally blown away at how fast they would get you to a character or onto a ride...it was awesome and made the day so easy. I feel like saying we had a VIP experience does not even begin to explain it since we were so spoiled by the UE's all day. We decided to head towards the Woody Woodpecker’s Kidzone and check out some things on our we hope to do list(at the end of each day on the TR I will recap what we did from our plan, didn't get to do and all the extras we fit in).

We decided to walk through Hollywood to get there and I am so glad we did as we turned to walk down the street we saw THEM and by THEM I mean Scooby Doo, Shaggy and the Mystery Machine. We were all super excited and once again the UE had us come right up and meet them. To say they loved their outfits would be an understatement and I got all teary eyed watching Chelsea and Fuller beaming from Scooby and Shaggy’s hugs and attention. It was such an awesome meeting. :love:

DSC_0165.jpg

From there we met a family that our kids have never seen but Mama and Papa watch sometimes on TV...The Simpsons. It was so cute Bart came right over to the kids who loved him immediately. I love the rabbit ears Bart gave me during our family picture! :rotfl:

DSC_0183.jpg

I could not believe all the characters we kept finding and we were not done yet. Next we found Curious George...the kids are big fans of his books so they were excited to give him some love! Chelsea later told us George did not seem to be too getting into too much trouble.:)

DSC_0187.jpg

So at this point we are all having fun, the kids can't believe how many "friends" (their name for characters) we have seen and we had been at Universal for about an hour when the kids start asking “When can we go back to our vacation home!?!” It was not that they were not having fun at Universal but this would be a theme throughout the week as the allure of GKTW is really strong. For families still planning your trips especially if you have kids around the age of our kids take this into consideration when making your plans. I had thought this would be the case before hand so we had planned to spend every evening at GKTW which was perfect for our family. Okay back to our day at Universal...

So we made our way just in time to get in line for the A Day in the Park with Barney show. The UE had us wait in our own little section and there was music playing so the kids danced away. It was so fun to watch them.

DSC_0206.jpg

DSC_0208.jpg

When they were younger they both watched Barney sometimes so they enjoyed the show and thought it was fun to see him in person. After the show the kind of odd man from the pre-show came and got the kids and walked them right over to meet Barney. It was really sweet and the kids enjoyed the show.

Fuller and Chelsea had lots of hugs for Barney.

DSC_0221.jpg

Making some silly faces with mama outside the Barney fountain.

DSC_0261.jpg

We got lunch next at Mel’s Drive-In...burgers, fries and such. The food was fine, not too expensive and Chelsea really liked her double decker PB&J from the kids menu. Well fed we were off to try some rides. We rode Woody Woodpecker’s Nuthouse Coaster twice so each of the kids could have a turn in front...so nice of the UE to suggest it and let them ride back to back like that. The kids liked to ride hands up which I thought was super cute. For their age it was a fun roller coaster and they loved getting to ride back to back like they did.:cool1:

Here is Fuller and Papa in front...

DSC05631.jpg

Here is Chelsea's little arms in the air during her turn in front with Papa.

DSC05633.jpg

So far everything was going great---it was a awesome start to our trip!:woohoo:

Up Next---Should we try ET or will it put the kids over the edge!?!

what a wonderful day so far! Chelsea looks adorable in her outfit and Fuller so handsome! great photos of you all too!
how great you got to see so many characters right away!
love Chelsea's little hands peeking out over her Papa's arm, so sweet!

We are leaving Sat am for our trip! will check back in when we get home! hope everyone has a great two weeks!

Wow, those paper eaters at GKTW are awesome! I haven't heard anyone mention them before.

I love Chelseas Scooby Doo outfit and Fuller looks so adorable. :goodvibes You guys are getting VIP treat at US. I love the pic of Chelsea's arms in the air. It's so precious because shes soo tiny. :)

I'm loving your TR. I love the fact that it was a slow pace trip. We were more a go go trip. I guess that how it is with teenagers. I love the Scooby outfits.

Great photos and great PTR!!! Keep it coming! I still love those Scooby DOo cothes from the Big GIve....!!!

So our day was really amazing and we were feeling so great about all the fun we had so we made an on the spot decision to see if Chelsea was tall enough for the ET ride...she was so happy she was tall enough so we decided to give it a go. Here is our happy girl showing off her tallness.:love:

DSC_0227.jpg

Since they got us on the ride so fast we did not have time to brief the kids about ET or the ride and this might not have been the best plan as our kids had never seen the movie and I think Fuller at least thought ET was a bad guy and Chelsea did not like how dark the ride was. They were a bit stressed out after riding but were just fine in a few minutes. The kids liked how ET said their name at the end...that might have saved the ride experience for them. :cool1: I thought it was kind of cute and by the end of the trip Fuller was in love with ET and had bought a stuffed one during our second day at Islands of Adventure. Since our return home we have watched the movie and now the kids LOVE ET and ask to go back on the ride. Overall I think we will call it a success!

We had a bit of time to kill before the next show we wanted to see so the kids spent about 30 minutes running around the Curious George Goes to Town play area. There were buttons they could push to make animal noises and they loved it. Running around a bit was just what they needed. They had so much fun and it was a joy watching them!

Here they are with what Fuller said was "the biggest book I have ever seen"

DSC_0233.jpg

Fuller in action at the playground.

DSC_0237.jpg

DSC_0247.jpg

Chelsea in action on the playground.

DSC_0239.jpg

DSC_0246.jpg

Lastly...our two little elephants!

DSC_0257.jpg

Next we headed over to the Animal Actors on Location show. They very kindly gave us front row seats for the show. The kids really liked this show...it was funny, all the animals running around cracked them up and it was fast paced. After the show we were getting up to leave and the UE asked us to stay. They brought the pug from the show and I guess some movies out to meet us. The kids had fun petting the dog and learning a bit more about it. It was so super nice of them to do this for us. Like I said earlier everyone who worked at Universal was so AMAZING to us!

Fuller and Chelsea loving up the pug whose name I should probably have noted.

DSC_0307.jpg

Here we all are with a star from the show.

DSC_0316.jpg

As we walked out from the show there was another show going on with a bunch of characters so we watched it. We had not met with Woody Woodpecker and his lady friend Winnie so we stopped to see them and give them some hugs.

DSC_0333.jpg

We also had another quick visit with Scooby and Shaggy before moving on...the kids could not pass up a chance to see them again. We decided to walk the rest of the way around the park, let the kids have some snack and see if we could find the Shrek 4-D show. Before we found the show we found Fiona and Donkey so we stopped to say hi. We were the last family that got to see them and the kids loved talking with them.

Donkey was cracking Fuller and Chelsea up (mama and papa too!).

DSC_0383.jpg

Posing for a picture with the beautiful Fiona.

DSC_0390.jpg

After pictures we were walking away and the UE stopped us and said wait a few minutes and Shrek is coming. So we did and Shrek came right out so the kids had a really fun visit with him and seeing Donkey again.

DSC_0409.jpg

At this point we were standing right next to the Shrek 4-D ride and all the kids were talking about at this point was swimming at GKTW so we decided that we were ready to go. Just one last stop to make to meet SpongeBob SquarePants...Fuller really wanted to meet him even though he does not watch the show at home. He was happy to meet him and that is what matters.

Here is our family with the giant yellow sponge dude!

DSC_0419.jpg

We let the kids do a quick shop at the gift shop on the way out...they normally don’t get to shop when we go places so this was a big deal (thanks MAW for the spending money). Fuller chose a stuffed Barney and Chelsea wanted a stuffed Thing 1 (no we had not even been to Seuss Landing yet she just loves the book The Cat in The Hat) and I got them Thing 1 and Thing 2 shirts to wear during our day at Islands of Adventure.

On the ride home I looked back to see Chelsea was sound asleep after a great time at Universal.

DSC05637.jpg

Up Next...Who could be at our door, isn't it bedtime?

love their happy faces while riding their ponies!!
to funny about the paper eater!

I will probaby have to wait and see more updates after we get home from our trip...we leave in TWO DAYS!!! so I will check in after we get home and then get to start my TR!!

hope everyone is doing good, take care "see" you in a couple weeks!

Thinking about you and hoping your trip is going great!

Awww... wonderful pictures!! The horseback riding ones are priceless :)

They had so much fun riding those horses...like I said Fuller is working on his Auntie to get her to take him riding.

Ok... I guess I'm a little late to this party.

I didn't realize you started this! :sad2: Wait maybe I did? I don't remember. AHHH! :scared1:

I will be back to read everything! :surfweb:

:goodvibes:goodvibes

I think I started it while you were at DisneyWorld...anyway no worries thanks for stopping by! It is fun to read the TR after your trip to see everything again isn't it!

what a wonderful day so far! Chelsea looks adorable in her outfit and Fuller so handsome! great photos of you all too!
how great you got to see so many characters right away!
love Chelsea's little hands peeking out over her Papa's arm, so sweet!

We are leaving Sat am for our trip! will check back in when we get home! hope everyone has a great two weeks!

I loved her little hands peaking out too. She is my little dare devil.:scared1:

Loving your TR!!! Great pics too!

Thanks so much...your trip is coming soon and I love watching your families amazing Big Give.

Wow, those paper eaters at GKTW are awesome! I haven't heard anyone mention them before.

I love Chelseas Scooby Doo outfit and Fuller looks so adorable. :goodvibes You guys are getting VIP treat at US. I love the pic of Chelsea's arms in the air. It's so precious because shes soo tiny. :)

The paper eaters were so fun for the kids...they still talk about them. The Scooby outfits are amazing and the kids loved all the attention they got wearing them...Such magic.:wizard:

I'm loving your TR. I love the fact that it was a slow pace trip. We were more a go go trip. I guess that how it is with teenagers. I love the Scooby outfits.

Thanks for stopping by. The Scooby outfits are awesome...can't wait for some sun here so they can wear them again. We really had a great time and even came home feeling pretty good and not too tired. For traveling with a 3 and a 5 year old I felt like that was pretty good!

I will be excited to read your TR when you start. Going through all the pictures can be lots of work.

Great photos and great PTR!!! Keep it coming! I still love those Scooby DOo cothes from the Big GIve....!!!

Thanks so much! Our day was amazing and the Scooby outfits were such a big hit!:yay:

I can't believe I missed all of these updates!!!!! :scared1:

What a wonderful day you had at US! You must've met every character there! Awesome!! :banana:

Those Scooby Dooo outfits are amazing and I'll have to remind Ann to read this so she can see Chelsea wearing her bow! :cool1:

I'm really enjoying your TR -- I think I'm enjoying it more so because we had the chance to meet all of you -- it really makes a difference when reading your reports -- it seems so much more personal. Your pictures are great!!

Can't wait to see what's next . . .
Brenda

With a sleeping Chelsea in the back seat and Fuller busy playing with Barney we easily got back to GKTW around 5:30. We got our swimsuits on and headed to Katies Kitchen to order some food for dinner.

Fuller and Chelsea ready to swim. Notice the kids clothes from the Big Give thanks again for everything...cute sundress on Chelsea from Crystal (Dis:Tinka_Belle) She loves her dress! Fuller was super excited to wear his Phineas and Ferb shirt from Dania (Dis:CP2002).

DSC05641.jpg

At Katies Kitchen we mentioned we thought we would eat by the pool and they were so lovely and offered to bring dinner over to the pool for us. How awesome is that...dinner served poolside! So off to the pool we went. We decided not to get wet before dinner so the kids explored a bit and played around on the surf board.

DSC05650.jpg

Dinner was so nice...I just could not believe it was February and we were sitting poolside having a family meal.:love: We don’t have Boston Markets around here and we thought it was really good. Chelsea LOVED the mac and cheese so that was great. After that we swam for about 45 minutes and had so much fun at the pool.

Chelsea enjoying the pool...she is my little fish and loves the water.

DSC05665.jpg

Fuller not so sure about the water but having a great time!

DSC05667.jpg

Finally we were starting to get cold so we headed back to our “vacation home”, gave the kids a bath and got them into their PJ’s. It was not time for bed yet however as we still had to head back out again since we had not had our nightly ice cream. :cool1::cool1:As we were walking that way we had a lovely and magical surprise...Ms. Merry and Mayor Clayton were at the carousel and invited Fuller and Chelsea to ride with them. Fuller and Chelsea were so EXCITED...Chelsea was just beaming holding Mayor Clayton’s hand and Fuller could not believe they were so lucky. Mayor Clayton and Ms. Merry rode not once but twice around with the kids. It was so awesome...I was happy the kids had a chance to meet them as a surprise was headed their way later that night! You are about to notice that yes we did let them go out and about with their PJ's on at GKTW that night.:rolleyes1

Riding the Carousel with Ms. Merry and Mayor Clayton...SO MUCH FUN!:love:

DSC_0428.jpg

DSC_0435.jpg

One last quick picture with all four of them.

DSC_0451.jpg

After our very special ride we headed into the Castle of Miracles. Fuller and Christopher played legos for awhile while Chelsea and I hung out at the La-Ti-Da Spa. She was so excited to get her nails done and to get the cute my little pony lunch box they gave her. Her finger nails never lasts longer then a day so at home I will only do her toes.;) Here she is getting her nails all prettied.

DSC_0460.jpg

We headed for some ice cream because it is an awesome way to end the day and a few quick spins on the carousel also a pretty awesome way to end the day. ;)

DSC_0481.jpg

So back at our "vacation house" we were just finishing reading the kids bedtime books and there was a knock on the door. F & C were super excited to see Mayor Clayton and Ms. Merry there in their PJ’s t tuck them in. There were hugs all around and the kids had a great time showing them all of their sleep friends.

DSC_0486.jpg

DSC_0489.jpg

DSC_0494.jpg

Mayor Clayton and Ms. Merry got the kids all tucked in and kissed good night.

DSC_0498.jpg

Funny little story, while the kids were getting tucked in the rabbit handlers (if that is what they are called) asked me if these were our only kids...somehow or another when I signed up they had noted we had EIGHT kids so that is why they sent both Mayor Clayton and Ms. Merry. Yet another amazing addition to the an already amazing and wonderful day. Fuller and Chelsea were excited to have the tuck in but I am sure they were asleep when their heads hit the pillow.

So let’s see how we did plan vs actual day events:

Horseback Riding at GKTW---yes and it was really fun for the kids
Universal Studios:
A Day in the park with Barney--Yes, kids enjoyed the show and meeting Barney
Woody Woodpecker Coaster--Yes rode it twice back to back!
Animal Actors on Location--Yes, kids still talk about this show
Shrek 4-D--Nope the draw of the pool at GKTW was stronger then this...no worries!

All the extras we were able to do:
Meet Characters--1. Dora and Diego 2. Scooby Doo and Shaggy (actually saw them twice) 3. The Simpsons 4. Curious George 5. Barney 6. Woody Woodpecker (saw him twice too) and Winnie 7. Alex from Madagascar and the Penguins 8. Fiona and Donkey 9. Shrek and Donkey 10. Sponge Bob Square Pants ---Wow that's alot of friends to meet.:woohoo::woohoo:

Rode the ET Ride, Kids played at Curious George Goes to Town

Mayor Clayton Tuck In at GKTW---yes and since they thought we had 6 more kids we got Ms. Merry too! Yahoo!!!

How would any other days live up to such a wonderful magic filled day...you’ll find out!

What a amazing day your family had! :banana: Can't wait to hear how the rest of your trip goes.

Well thank goodness that little mistake on the number of kids worked out for your better by having both Mr. Clayton and Ms. Merry. :rotfl: That was pretty lucky of you guys to see them on the carousel and then have them both return for the tuck in.

I love the pics of Fuller & Chelsea in their sunglasses. Sooo cute!!

How did I miss all your updates. Your report is getting me excited for U/S. Thank you for all the pictures and I love how you are sharing everything with us :cloud9:

I can't believe I missed all of these updates!!!!! :scared1:

What a wonderful day you had at US! You must've met every character there! Awesome!! :banana:

Those Scooby Dooo outfits are amazing and I'll have to remind Ann to read this so she can see Chelsea wearing her bow! :cool1:

We did have a great day at US...we could not believe how amazingly nice everyone there was to our family. Please do let Ann know to check it out if she can. The bow matched perfectly and Chelsea loves it.:love:

I hope sweet Emily is feeling better...I have been thinking of you all.:goodvibes

I'm really enjoying your TR -- I think I'm enjoying it more so because we had the chance to meet all of you -- it really makes a difference when reading your reports -- it seems so much more personal. Your pictures are great!!

Can't wait to see what's next . . .
Brenda

Hi Brenda...you are so sweet. Thanks for following along! I love that we got to meet. :cool1::cool1: You and Krysten are so sweet and lovely. I love it when the kids talk about it and one will say "remember that is when we met our friends at Disneyworld" and the other will say something like "isn't it cool we have friends AT Disneyworld!?!" We were lucky to get to see you. Hope you are doing great!

What a amazing day your family had! :banana: Can't wait to hear how the rest of your trip goes.

It really was an amazing day...a great way to start off our trip!

Well thank goodness that little mistake on the number of kids worked out for your better by having both Mr. Clayton and Ms. Merry. :rotfl: That was pretty lucky of you guys to see them on the carousel and then have them both return for the tuck in.

I love the pics of Fuller & Chelsea in their sunglasses. Sooo cute!!

I know it was a sweet mistake. The kids were so excited to have both of them...I almost fell over when they asked if we had EIGHT kids.:scared1: That would be alot for me.:scared1:

How did I miss all your updates. Your report is getting me excited for U/S. Thank you for all the pictures and I love how you are sharing everything with us :cloud9:

While everywhere we went was nice both days at Universal were so AMAZING. People were constantly going out of their way to take such nice care of us. I hope you have the same wonderful experience. All the stuff to do there was really great too! Thanks for reading the TR...it's nice to hear from you!

Loving your TR. So glad your first day was an awesome one. How did they think you had 8 kids..when you can only have 7 total in one Villa:confused3. Glad it worked in your favor though.

I am LOVING all of the photos and fun...What an AMAZING trip!!!! Incredible memories to last a lifetime!

So what is the plan for today...visit with our favorite mice, head to SeaWorld and celebrate Christmas in February...this seems to be just the best vacation ever.:cool1: We decided to take it easy in the morning and plan on seeing Mickey and friends during their second "showing". Everyone enjoyed breakfast again at the Gingerbread house...the kids love eggs, bacon and fruit so mornings were a big hit at GKTW. We had some extra time after breakfast so we went to explore places we had not seen yet.

Here is my little Minnie with her beloved mickey taking it all in before the walk towards the train station. Special thanks to Flora (Dis:PurpleEars) for Chelsea's beautiful dress and Laura, Dave, Carmella, Catherine and John (Dis:Wishin' on a star) for her adorable headband.

DSC_0001.jpg

We made it to the Amberville Train Station where I had told the kids they could ride a train so that is what they wanted to do first. Here are our little train conductors.

DSC_0019.jpg

Here we all are after our train ride was over...after riding twice in a row!

DSC_0026.jpg

Then the kids spent a good amount of time seeing what would happen on the model train when you pushed the buttons all around the outside edge.

DSC_0036.jpg

Fuller found the boats you could drive around and after figuring out which boat they were driving they promptly drove in circles and loved every minute of it.:rotfl:

DSC_0045.jpg

It was getting time to go get in line to see our favorite mice...Mickey and Minnie were at Give Kids the World! I had to laugh because it was probably the longest line we waited in all week but so well worth it!

Here is Minnie's reaction when she noticed Chelsea's dress...Mickey was pretty excited about it too. It was so fun to watch their reactions.

Mickey296.jpg

Mickey and Minnie took so much time with the kids...they signed the feet of her stuffed Mickey and played around with them. Fuller and Chelsea were having so much fun.

Minnie and my little Minnie strike a pose.

Mickey305.jpg

Mickey and my big boy strike a pose.

Mickey308.jpg

The whole family hanging out with our favorite mice.

Mickey324.jpg

Mickey and Minnie showering Chelsea with love...I loved watching this.:love:

Mickey334.jpg

Fuller giving Minnie a super hug...He is a little smitten.:lovestruc

Mickey341.jpg

We had the nicest visit with Mickey and Minnie. Fuller and Chelsea had so much fun and felt so special after the visit. It was amazing how much time they spent with them...a really special memory from the trip! Chelsea shows anyone she can her Mickey with it's signed feet.

After Mickey and Minnie we had a good time visiting with Pluto and Goofy outside but the sun had come out and we had been in the darkish theater so the pictures are not great of our sweet squinty eyed kids...just picture it in your mind.;)

I had to make a few quick arrangements and Christopher took these pictures of the kids at the House of Hearts...I just love them (the pictures and the super special kids).

DSC_0129.jpg

DSC_0133.jpg

Up next...Are There Big Fish at SeaWorld?

Loving your TR. So glad your first day was an awesome one. How did they think you had 8 kids..when you can only have 7 total in one Villa:confused3. Glad it worked in your favor though.

I have no idea and I about fell over when they asked. I love my kids but I can't imagine having EIGHT!:scared1:

WOw what great photos! Luv them!

Thanks so much...I am having fun getting them all edited and reliving the trip!

I am LOVING all of the photos and fun...What an AMAZING trip!!!! Incredible memories to last a lifetime!

It was an amazing trip from start to finish...Incredible! Thanks for following along.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter