Bibbiti Bobbiti Make A Wish Helps our Boo Have Her Princess Wishes Come True!!!

fulseasmama

Mouseketeer
So we have been home for a month and it is time to get this TR started!!!! We had such an amazing trip and we are so thankful for Make a Wish granting our Chelsea Boo a wish come true and our family the trip of a lifetime and to everyone here on the DIS for helping us plan for everything. We have had a few family trips to Disneyland as we live on the West Coast but none of us had ever been to Disneyworld so this was a great new adventure for us.

If you want to learn more about our family, the plans we had for the trip or the AMAZING BIG GIVE angels here on earth who showered our family with Pixie Dust pixiedust: before and during our trip you can find our PTR here.

PTR--Bibbiti Bobbiti - Our Boo gets a MAW Trip to meet the Princesses Feb 1-7

Just a quick intro to our family who LOVES all things Disney.

Erika ::MinnieMo---Lucky Stay at Home Mama for our two little loves, Disney fanatic since a pretty young age and obsessed with taking pictures of my family.
Christopher::MickeyMo---Amazing husband and friend, Running and Biking Fanatic, Proud and hard working Papa of our little loves.
Fuller pirate:---Wonderful 5 year old son with a heart of gold who loves to learn about anything new, loves all things Disney (even the princesses), Star Wars Fanatic and he LOVES his sister.
Chelsea princess:---Our Miracle 3 almost 4 year old little wish princess, Leukemia Survivor, Loves anything girly and pink, Loves all princesses, embraces all of life's adventures and she LOVES her brother.

Here we are with our favorite Mice at Give Kids the World During our trip.

Mickey324.jpg

There are a few things that might be helpful to know when reading this TR and here they are. I love to take pictures of my family so there were lots to edit through and I will try to pick out the best ones to tell the story of our trip. We took a longer then normal on a wish trip as we had a great opportunity to extend our trip (at our own expense) by about 8 days to spend time with my parents and family that live in Florida so our trip was February 1-15, 2011 :cool1:. I had a rough plan of the three things that were most important to us to do each day and as the TR unfolds you can see how we did;). Lastly, I am a really emotional person so you will have to ignore the multiple asides where I talk about tearing up. When you are simply thankful for everyday you have your husband and BOTH your kids with you an amazing experience like this can put you over the edge.:lmao:

So please join me as I hope to be able to express just a fraction of the magic that this trip was for our family. And we're off...

Table of Contents for easy reading when TR is complete.

February 1, 2011 Day 1 Part 1 - The Limo and Plane Ride---no crying over spilt juice.
February 1, 2011 Day 1 Part 2 - Give Kids The World---Arriving at our "Vacation Home"

February 2, 2011 Day 2 Part 1 - Just one morning in Florida and our kids are Cowboys and Cowgirls.
February 2, 2011 Day 2 Part 2 - Scooby Doo we found you, Yahoo!
February 2, 2011 Day 2 Part 3 - ET...Friend or Foe
February 2, 2011 Day 2 Part 4 - A Tuck In From Two Amazing Rabbits---Now That's a Good Night!

February 3, 2011 Day 3 Part 1 - Hanging Out With Our Favorite Mice...Mickey and Minnie!
February 3, 2011 Day 3 Part 2 - "You are Right Brother a Dolphin is a BIG Fish."---Chelsea
February 3, 2011 Day 3 Part 3 - When you Write Your Name Upon a Star
February 3, 2011 Day 3 Part 4 - Christmas in February and the Sweetest Rapunzel Ever

February 4, 2011 Day 4 Part 1 - A Princess and her Prince for a Day
February 4, 2011 Day 4 Part 2 - A Princess Lunch for our Princess and Prince
February 4, 2011 Day 4 Part 3 - Is this Mickey and Minnie's Vacation House?
February 4, 2011 Day 4 Part 4 - Mama they are calling ME a Princess!
February 4, 2011 Day 4 Part 5 - It's a Three Sword Day!

February 5, 2011 Day 5 Part 1 - A Perfect Day for Thing 1 and Thing 2
February 5, 2011 Day 5 Part 2 - "Can We Swim Even if it Starts to Rain?"
February 5, 2011 Day 5 Part 3 - Yahoo It's Pink Cinderella Night!
February 5, 2011 Day 5 Part 4 - Happy Birthday Mayor Clayton!

:woohoo: made it onto page one :woohoo:

Great Start of your TR....very cute photo with your favorite mice!

can't wait to see more!!

It was great to meet you and the family while you were on your trip! Can't wait to hear about everything that happened!

The night before we departed we had the kids finish off their countdown calendars. With the final stickers on it was off to an early bedtime. The week before we left we had been gradually going to bed earlier and getting up earlier so our jet lag would not be too bad. It worked awesome...no jet lag at all. If you are traveling from the west coast I really recommend doing this.

Here they are with the last of the countdown calendars completed. Let the MAW adventure begin!

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

So our day of departure started early. We woke up at 3:30AM and got ready pretty quickly. The kids were pretty groggy but finally woke up. Even the promise of getting on a plane to Disneyworld was not stirring them at first. Finally we were all up and ready to go all dressed in our awesome wish trip shirts from Chiara (Dis:cogero). Final things packed in the suitcase and we were set.

DSC_0002.jpg

The kids got pretty excited when they saw the limo pull up at 4 AM to take us to the airport. It was a total surprise for them and they really could not understand how a car could be that big. It was a fun but short ride to the airport in the dark.

DSC05555.jpg

DSC05558.jpg

We took a quick picture at the airport but it was super windy so we just headed right in after that.

DSC05560.jpg

We easily got checked in (there seems to be some discussion with MAW families about baggage fees so I thought I would just add that there was money for it in our expense check from MAW and Delta did charge us for each bag:)), then made our way through security and we were off to find some breakfast. The kids were way to excited to eat however so I was glad we had packed lots of snacks and such for the flight.

Here are Fuller and Chelsea with their new backpacks in line to get on the plane.

DSC05565.jpg

We boarded the plane and got settled for our flight to Atlanta. I was feeling really lucky that day because one of our flight options we originally had to choose from was to go through Dallas, well the Dallas airport was closed due to weather that day so yahoo for Atlanta! The kids had flown before so they kind of knew what to expect. We got out a few books for take off, gave them suckers at take off since they don’t chew gum and we were set until we were up in the air. The flight was great. The flight attendants kept on stopping by to talk to the kids and gave the kids anything they wanted which was super sweet of them. The kids kept super busy with all the activities from the amazing Big Gives they had received...after they had opened the boxes we had put most things away until the trip so they were so happy to actually get to use everything:cool1:. Special thanks again to Glenda (Dis: gcast1), Laura, Dave, Carmella, Catherine & John (Dis: wishin' on a star), Dania (Dis:cp2002), Mary and Family (Dis:MaryAz), Ann (Dis:nurseann) and Jen, Claire, Molly & Gavin (Dis: clariemolly) for all the wonderful activities you sent for the kids to keep them busy! Neither of them fell asleep on the flights so it was really helpful having so much for them to do:thumbsup2.

Here is Fuller very serious about his coloring.

DSC05581.jpg

Chelsea doing some coloring too while snuggled up in her Jessie blanket from Dawn (Dis:mickeymaker2003)!

DSC05585.jpg

Chelsea did manage to spill her juice on herself which lead to a mini crisis as she was wet and though I had intended to I totally forgot to pack changes of clothes for the kids:headache:. She quickly got over it as her pants dried out and for future flights she did not keep her own juice cup;).

We arrived in Atlanta and got a quick bite to eat before getting on the short flight to Orlando. Once again the flight attendants were really nice and they even arranged for the pilot to show the kids the cockpit at the end of the flight. During the flight there was lots of turbulence and many adults looked pretty ill/stressed out. Fuller and Chelsea just loved it so I am sure that people on the flight thought they were crazy as they laughed and were loving the all bumps on the flight.

The visit to the cockpit was awesome...the captain explained how lots of things worked and Fuller sat in the captain’s seat. He even gave Fuller and Chelsea his copy of the flight plan from Atlanta to Orlando. Fuller thought it was so cool. Both of them told us they had flown a plane after the visit to the cockpit:lmao:.

The newest Delta Pilot and Co-Pilot.

DSC05596.jpg

Up Next---Arriving in Orlando and will we make it to Give Kids The World in time for orientation?

Good timing, I am first again! :cool1: So happy you've started! I love the pictures, especially the cockpit one. Can't wait for more :goodvibes

I'm here and cannot wait to read along!! :cheer2:

Thanks so much...your trip is so close. I am so excited for you all!:cool1:

Great looking family you have. can't wait to read more.

Thanks for reading...I hope to keep up with the TR as best I can:).

Very Cool:thumbsup2

Joining In! popcorn:: You have a beautiful family.

Can't wait to read about your magical trip! :)

Thanks so much. I can't wait to have the chance to relive the memories as I write the TR...it really was a magical trip!

:woohoo: made it onto page one :woohoo:

Great Start of your TR....very cute photo with your favorite mice!

can't wait to see more!!

Thanks so much...I am off to visit your PTR--how did I miss it getting started. Your trip is so soon, Yahoo!!!!!

Joining in :cool1:

Great...thanks for joining in!

It was great to meet you and the family while you were on your trip! Can't wait to hear about everything that happened!

It was so great to meet you too! It was really such a great trip. I hope I can convey in the TR just how great. We loved GKTW and hope we can come back and visit someday!

I made it!!!

I love your picture with Mickey and Minnie! We totally forgot to bring Em's Mickey with us to get signed, your pic reminded me!

Sounds like your kiddos did great on the plane ride, I hope you make it in time for orientation!!!

love the photos! how cool they got to visit the cockpit :cool1:
seeing their happy faces is priceless :lovestruc

thanks for coming over to see our PTR... I just started it a few days ago...its means a lot to me...thanks for your support and sweet words too :goodvibes

Wow, that is so awesome they got to check out the cockpit! And so sweet of the pilot to let them take a copy of the flight plan. :goodvibes I love the last photo in the cockpit. I can't wait to hear more! :)

I am here, simply loving the photos and the wonderful smiles and magic has already happened! A pilot and co-pilot in the family!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter