Beware of Very Cold Lazy River

I'm coming back after a while and am still interested in seeing what different people consider hot and cold for a pool. High 80's is too warm for a pool IMO, and 78 to 82 is my ideal range. But for a lot of people here that seems way too cold.

I'm coming back after a while and am still interested in seeing what different people consider hot and cold for a pool. High 80's is too warm for a pool IMO, and 78 to 82 is my ideal range. But for a lot of people here that seems way too cold.
I think everyone here has pretty much agreed that 82 is the ideal temperature for the pools. Agreed that any higher is too high, but considering the ongoing heater issues that’s a problem we’ll never have!

They are currently refurbishing the slides and repainting the volcano, which looks great. I disagree that Aulani is showing it’s age, since for the most part, for me, it still looks as good as it always has. But it’s the skimping on the things we don’t see (like the heaters), which management might feel that they can get away with, that’s starting to bother me

Are the water slides currently closed? We are going tomorrow and I was hoping the slides were open.

Actually, sorry about that, a few days ago, when the hot tub was actually functional, I did notice...if you’re referring to some of the small mosaics that have popped out and are now missing where the water cascades down from the upper hot tub. It wasn’t a deal breaker for me but it doesn’t look good either.
Not a deal breaker for me but an easy over night or a day fix with the lower level closed for a day or 2 to set the mortar.

They are currently refurbishing the slides and repainting the volcano, which looks great. I disagree that Aulani is showing it’s age, since for the most part, for me, it still looks as good as it always has. But it’s the skimping on the things we don’t see (like the heaters), which management might feel that they can get away with, that’s starting to bother me.
I think Aulani is still great overall but when management admits it there is also a lot we are not attune to.

For what it’s worth, the two level hot tub was not the slightest bit warm today. Tomorrow will be day 4. I also received varying excuses this afternoon. Someone said it was the pump, someone else the heater. Apparently no accurate information is passed on to the cast members who interface with the guests.

On the plus side, the swimming in the lagoon today was great. The water was so clear you could look down and see a ton of fish. And a whale fully breached four times beyond the lagoon.

“My takeaway is that this presents a challenge not unlike the carnival game “whack a mole.” Just when you smash the hammer on one mole, and it retreats into its hole, another one pops right up. And, like all carnival games, it’s a rip off”

This did make me laugh

For what it’s worth, the two level hot tub was not the slightest bit warm today. Tomorrow will be day 4. I also received varying excuses this afternoon. Someone said it was the pump, someone else the heater. Apparently no accurate information is passed on to the cast members who interface with the guests.

On the plus side, the swimming in the lagoon today was great. The water was so clear you could look down and see a ton of fish. And a whale fully breached four times beyond the lagoon.
Seems to be a common theme from my trip a few weeks ago no communication of any sort among CMs or a very bad script of choices of excuses to give guests which no chooses the same choice.

No telling what they are doing with the dues. Most likely cooking those books. Probably doing the same in Florida.

We're heading to Aulani tomorrow (yay!) I'll be a little disappointed if the lazy river isn't warm enough for me, but I"m not going to let it ruin my vacation.

I did want to add though to the discussion regarding Disney not spending money to fix things. I work in food manufacturing. There still are huge supply chain issues going on that are affecting almost every company. There is an incredible shortage of replacement parts, things like motors, pumps, etc., where lead times are ridiculous. We're talking 6-8 months for things you used to be able to get in a week or two. So it may not be Disney not wanting to spend the money - they just can't get replacement parts to fix things. I don't know for sure, but I just wanted to throw it out there.

We're heading to Aulani tomorrow (yay!) I'll be a little disappointed if the lazy river isn't warm enough for me, but I"m not going to let it ruin my vacation.

I did want to add though to the discussion regarding Disney not spending money to fix things. I work in food manufacturing. There still are huge supply chain issues going on that are affecting almost every company. There is an incredible shortage of replacement parts, things like motors, pumps, etc., where lead times are ridiculous. We're talking 6-8 months for things you used to be able to get in a week or two. So it may not be Disney not wanting to spend the money - they just can't get replacement parts to fix things. I don't know for sure, but I just wanted to throw it out there.
Let us know how it is. Only 335 days till I am back 🤣

Outside of the team that got fired about underestimating initial maintenance fees in 2011, do you have any other examples?
Have we ever seen this poster actually back up a single claim?

Underestimating maintenance fees or misinterpreting the lock off premium might be corporate stupidity or misunderstanding of laws. But at the end of the day Disney did the right thing...or rather one of their army of lawyers stepped in when something was brought to their attention. The lock off thing might be their most egregious of their issues....but it wasn't cooking the books. Disney doesn't have a corporate directive to skirt financial and tax laws to make added profit. This would land people in jail.

Have we ever seen this poster actually back up a single claim?

Underestimating maintenance fees or misinterpreting the lock off premium might be corporate stupidity or misunderstanding of laws. But at the end of the day Disney did the right thing...or rather one of their army of lawyers stepped in when something was brought to their attention. The lock off thing might be their most egregious of their issues....but it wasn't cooking the books. Disney doesn't have a corporate directive to skirt financial and tax laws to make added profit. This would land people in jail.
Nothing is cooking at Aulani especially with pool temps like this..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter