• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beware of the frogs

hitchedpumpkin

Laughter is an instant vacation
We just got back from 5 days at SSR. On our third day there, I brought in some bathing suits that I had left out to dry on the chairs on the balcony. I shook each suit out before coming back into the room because I had seen the little frogs and lizards that run around the gardens and did not want any of them to get in the room. Well I guess I should have shook the suits out a little harder because about 10 minutes later I saw something out of the corner of my eye. Sure enough it was a frog and he was hopping around INSIDE MY ROOM!!! After jumping up on the bed and screaming like a lunatic DH came running in to see what was going on. He spent the next 20 minutes trying to find the little sucker but no luck. We pulled the drawers out of the dresser, un-made the bed, moved everything but we could not find him. We even called HouseKeeping and they sent up pest control and they could not locate our slimey new roomie.

With only 2 more nights and 1 full day left I really did not want to change rooms again. Fortunately later that night the Mr. Froggy came out from hiding. This time DH move a little quicker and managed to chase him back on to the balcony. Thank goodness!! I don't think I would have slept a wink with a wild frog on the loose in my room.

Well that in itself is quite a story right? One to laugh at when we look back at the video and pictures we took while on vacation. Unfortunately that isn't the end of my story. Three days after his first appearance, Mr. Froggy showed up again...this time in the kitchen of my house!!! I almost fainted.

Mr Froggy was now lives in some open space that was preserved from future development and paid for by my tax dollars here in sunny South Jersey. DS named him Ralph.

I'll keep an eye out for the frogs & lizards while we're at SSR next week. :scared1:

We live in Florida now, but being from TX the frogs that cling to everything were new to me too. One day one of them somehow jumped on my clothes without me knowing, and it wasn't til I was in the house that I knew I had company. It jumped up on my shoulder and I don't think I have ever screamed and jumped up and down so fast in my life. Since then a few have gotten into the house, and I have found it best to get as close as you can and throw a towel on top of them, then scoop up the towel and take it outside to shake them out.

I'm giggling wildly at your predicament, and definitely from empathy. When we stayed at VWL in 2004, I would go out on the balcony each morning for a cup of coffee before waking DH and my BIL. Well one day as I was going out I saw something out of the corner of my eye and when I turned to look there was nothing there. That night as we settled into bed DH noticed his bedside light was a little dim. He went to investigate closer when our little friend jumped at his eye. I know I'm a terrible wife, but watching this very large man scream like a girl still has me :lmao: . I must say he was very brave after that catching it and sending it back to the balcony.

I'm giggling wildly at your predicament, and definitely from empathy. When we stayed at VWL in 2004, I would go out on the balcony each morning for a cup of coffee before waking DH and my BIL. Well one day as I was going out I saw something out of the corner of my eye and when I turned to look there was nothing there. That night as we settled into bed DH noticed his bedside light was a little dim. He went to investigate closer when our little friend jumped at his eye. I know I'm a terrible wife, but watching this very large man scream like a girl still has me :lmao: . I must say he was very brave after that catching it and sending it back to the balcony.

:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: .... but I'll still be on the lookout next time at SSR.:scared:

Oh my, did you bring back the memories. We used to live in a small town in southwest Louisiana. We only lived there a few years but what an experience it was! While living there, different critters took turns invading our house, stink bugs, lady bugs, and yes, frogs. We actually liked the frogs even though they drove our poor dachshund crazy. Try as he might, he could not catch the frogs. The only time the frogs created a problem was at night, they liked to hang out in the bathroom around the toilet – get the picture. :jumping2: :rotfl2: Needless to say, it did not take us long to learn to turn on the light when making trips to the bathroom during the night. Thanks for the frog warning.

I will have to remember to watch for frogs one our next WDW trip.

We also live in Florida and have LOTS of frogs at our house! They like to stick themselves on the outside of the doors. We have learned to open them just a crack and check for them before going outside. Needless to say quite a few have jumped in and my DD and I go into screaming meemie mode until they get chased back outside! We have found that the louder you yell the less they move!:lmao: We also have to check the doorknob, we have one of those long scrolly ones, found that out the hard way when I squished one!:scared1:

We just got back from 5 days at SSR. On our third day there, I brought in some bathing suits that I had left out to dry on the chairs on the balcony. I shook each suit out before coming back into the room because I had seen the little frogs and lizards that run around the gardens and did not want any of them to get in the room. Well I guess I should have shook the suits out a little harder because about 10 minutes later I saw something out of the corner of my eye. Sure enough it was a frog and he was hopping around INSIDE MY ROOM!!! After jumping up on the bed and screaming like a lunatic DH came running in to see what was going on. He spent the next 20 minutes trying to find the little sucker but no luck. We pulled the drawers out of the dresser, un-made the bed, moved everything but we could not find him. We even called HouseKeeping and they sent up pest control and they could not locate our slimey new roomie.

With only 2 more nights and 1 full day left I really did not want to change rooms again. Fortunately later that night the Mr. Froggy came out from hiding. This time DH move a little quicker and managed to chase him back on to the balcony. Thank goodness!! I don't think I would have slept a wink with a wild frog on the loose in my room.

Well that in itself is quite a story right? One to laugh at when we look back at the video and pictures we took while on vacation. Unfortunately that isn't the end of my story. Three days after his first appearance, Mr. Froggy showed up again...this time in the kitchen of my house!!! I almost fainted.

Mr Froggy was now lives in some open space that was preserved from future development and paid for by my tax dollars here in sunny South Jersey. DS named him Ralph.

No fair you got to play with Mr. Toad, and I thought his ride was shut down

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter